PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc in Australia

Maxx
25th-November-2003, 01:02 AM
First post from me folks, so go easy!
While I'm here......Happy Birthday Franck.

I visit Australia regularly and as I'm going again soon, (like this Saturday, 29th); can anybody give me some info on Ceroc etc. venues in or close to Brisbane, Queensland.

So far I've only found LeStep venues.

Cheers

:waycool:

xSalsa_Angelx
25th-November-2003, 01:14 AM
I know a mate who is going to Austrailia the same time as you, he has gotten in conteact with one of the teachers in Perth who is going to pick him up and take him to ceroc class.

If this is any use to you, i can find out the details from him on Thursday night and let you know by PM....??

Lynz x

TheTramp
25th-November-2003, 01:48 AM
Sorry Lynz.... Perth is something like about 3000 miles away from Brisbane.

There is no ceroc in Brisbane, Maxx. But the LeStep venues are indistinguishable from ceroc. And Mick who runs them, is a really nice bloke. Say hello from me if you get chatting to him.

Steve

PS. Some of the Brisbane female dancers are among the best in the country. They did very well at the ceroc champs I was at in June. You're in for a treat :D

xSalsa_Angelx
25th-November-2003, 02:10 AM
oooops never relised...not like aberdeen to dundee then? lol

Let me put my angel wings back on and i will fly him there persoanlly :rofl:

Maxx
25th-November-2003, 02:20 AM
Thanks folks......

No Salsa, it's more like Aberdeen to Moscow, nice thought though!

I was at one of Mick's LeStep nights in April, so will go back and pass on your regards, Tramp. I've got a list of his venues.

Just another thought.....any Ceroc in Singapore or Japan? OK, no more silly questions, (for the moment).

Cheers
To understand others is to have knowledge, to understand oneself is to be illuminated. The "Tao Te Ching"

TheTramp
25th-November-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Maxx
Just another thought.....any Ceroc in Singapore or Japan? OK, no more silly questions, (for the moment).Not that I'm aware of. I couldn't find any in Hong Kong, when I thought I might end up for a night there.

Best of luck in your search :D

Steve

Will
25th-November-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Maxx
Just another thought.....any Ceroc in Singapore or Japan? OK, no more silly questions, (for the moment).

Cheers
There was Ceroc in Singapore 7 years ago but it stopped. It wasn't really a proper company or anything though. However, someone recently came onto this forum and said that they were starting Ceroc up in Singapore again, but I can't remember who it was. Maybe if you start a thread called "Ceroc in Singapore", the person responsible might see it and reply.

Other than that, there is "Swingapore" dance company in Singapore. They offer Lindy, Salsa, and Tango, I think.

Will

Daisy
25th-November-2003, 01:47 PM
We were in Australia this Sept. and went to Club Latin on the Gold Coast. A guy called Jason runs it and he and his partner Kate came first in the recent Ceroc Australia Champs in Sept.
You can contact him on clublatin123@hotmail.com

We also met the crowd from Brisbane and I can confirm everything The Tramp said, excellent dancers!

Have a great time you lucky thing....we can't wait for a re visit.

Jane (Daisy)

LilyB
25th-November-2003, 09:56 PM
Maxx

Try sending a PM to Dr Fuzz who is a member of this forum. He lives in Singapore and leads a small group of modern jive practitioners who dance in the local nightclubs. Unfortunately he hasn't posted for quite a while, so don't know if he is still there.

LilyB

Maxx
25th-November-2003, 11:45 PM
I'll try Jason on the Gold Coast, Jane; it's not too far away. No doubt the folks at LeStep nights will know something too.
Who knows I might see you there sometime, I usually visit in April and Nov/Dec though.

Maybe the Singapore idea was a bit ambitious as I'm only there one night, but it was just a thought. Although I might do as you suggest when I'm in Oz, Lily.

Thanks everybody, will let you know what happens.

Max (Maxx)

Tiggerbabe
25th-November-2003, 11:51 PM
But will we see you in Perth (Scotland) on Thursday before you head off Max - seeing as I never got a dance at the BB last weekend :tears:

Maxx
26th-November-2003, 01:04 AM
Yup, I'll be there Sheena. (I can pack later).

It's been a while since we danced, I hardly saw you at the BB you must have been in great demand, (not surprisingly!).

Anyway in the words of the song "Who knows when we'll dance again".

:nice:

Live for the moment, for now is all there is.