PDA

View Full Version : "macbop"!

flashy
5th-August-2002, 10:25 AM
My partner & I have booked on a dance weekend called MacBop in Pitlochry, 11th-13th October. Nigel & Nina are teaching (amongst others), so there will be a large ceroc following. Thought some of you dance junkies might be interested!

You can find out more - http://www.boogienights.net

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
7th-August-2002, 12:56 PM
thanks for the info, flashy.....

been to the boogie nights website, looks like it's right up my street. the teachers are meant to be excellent, someone in pub after ceroc was saying they've been here before, and were the best they'd ever seen.

flashy
10th-August-2002, 10:30 AM
Yes I saw them when they were up before, hence my return. Lots of cerocers and other from Edinbugh going from what I hear, anyone from the west? :cheers:

tartandancer
10th-August-2002, 12:57 PM
I'll be there...!
Seen Nina and Nigel before - excellent dancers.
I didn't go to this last year but have been to a boogienight weekend in Scotland before, lots of dancing, chatting, met other dancers from all across Europe.

See you there too

Lindsay
11th-August-2002, 03:56 PM
Yes- it's all true. This promises to be a great dance w'end, but maybe I'm biased. :grin:

12th-August-2002, 07:55 PM
Andy and Rena are rather splendid also with their leaping about and impressive moves. Don't know Dave and Cat though. Jolly good! Wa-a-a-a-a-a-a boom boom!

flashy
15th-August-2002, 04:52 PM
- Hoping a weekend of jiving will put me in good stead for the champs two weeks after. Still looking for a partner- no replies to my pleas. :tears:

18th-August-2002, 07:27 PM
Got booking details today- there's a cabaret on the saturday night, anyone can perform. My good lady & I may take the plunge.... et tu flashy?
:D

flashy
20th-August-2002, 04:47 PM
Maybe, just maybe. If I can find someone whos up for it. Performing is great, used to do it a lot in Bristol (student street dance society!).

Need to get much practice in with this jiving malarky.

Janice
24th-August-2002, 10:40 AM
Sound like MacBop's going to be a great weekend, I'm a beginner and just thought I'd give it a go, I'm really looking forward to it after reading all your comments. See you there!
Janice

25th-August-2002, 12:41 PM
Hi Janice,
Hope to dance with you there... I'm doing 'beginners' lindy and boogie, but 'experienced' modern jive.:D
What r u wearing for the rich & famous ball?

Janice
25th-August-2002, 09:33 PM
Look forward to it Basil! Like you I'm novice Lindy and Hip Hop but not bad at the jive, enjoying ceroc. Wearing a posh frock and diamonte jewellery to the Ball, hoping to look sufficiently glamorous, how's about you?
See y'
:cheers:

28th-August-2002, 02:48 PM
I will be appearing as a celebrity..... can't say which one!

:devil: I'll be the one with the brush

flashy
2nd-September-2002, 07:05 PM
Mmmm- might have to dig out the old black tie outfit for that one. I don't like theme nights usually because I can't dance so well, but suppose I could get changed halfway through.

Lindsay
9th-September-2002, 08:14 PM
Update - over half places now filled, may be closed to women by the end of the month. Full details are at www.boogienights.net.

A fab w'end with modern jive as the main theme.