PDA

View Full Version : Things I Learned at tonight's class

Jive Brummie
18th-November-2003, 12:10 AM
Before anybody get's stuck into this thread, I'll tell you now that it's a moany, miserable one.... So if you don't like moaning then don't read it!!

Thing's I learned tonight;

Very few people listen to a damn word the teacher says. Eg. if you've been dancing less than 8 weeks then do not do the intermediate class. Exactly how many people heard that? I know I did. Obviously the couple of women I danced with who, to be quite honest, didn't even look like they gave a s**t, didn't!! Thanks for making my night frustrating.:(

Water doesn't just wash men.
Do I need to elaborate on this one?? Didn't think so.....
Thanks for making my night smelly, no........... STINKING!! :sick:

If the dance floor is busy don't expect people to be considerate... it's a war zone out there. Thanks to the 6'6" eejit (not you Dave) who lurched towards myself and FC without a care in the world and had us both fearing for our safety. Oh, and not forgetting the couple-of-couple's who still like to do the odd aerial in two square feet of space...... nice one.
Thanks for topping off my night:mad: :devil: :mad:

I told you it was moany... sorry.

I'm going to bed... mumble, mutter..........

Divissima
18th-November-2003, 12:17 AM
There, there, JB. We've all been there - don't let it spoil your night. Hoping for a dance sometime soon, by the way :wink:

Heather
18th-November-2003, 01:11 AM
:D :D I did wonder why you and Mel disappeared before the end!!
At least WE had a lovely dance:wink:
I spent most of the night in the ladies cloakroom, no, don't ask!! All will become clearer at the weekend!!!:wink:
:kiss: :hug:
Heather,
XX

Dance Demon
18th-November-2003, 01:16 AM
Welcome to the world of Ceroc james...........this ain't a problem thats restricted to Dundee. It happens all over and can get quite frustrating sometimes. I know that when I used to go to the classes in Edinburgh, Id often come accross women in the intermediate class who'd only been attending for a couple of weeks, and it can hold back other peoples progress. The Smelly Bit, and the inconsiderate folk exist at most venues too....unfortunately:mad: :mad:

Jive Brummie
18th-November-2003, 09:11 PM
Think I'll just put it down to experience.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had duff night's dancing before.

And thanks Heather, I had a lovely dance aswell:kiss:

James..

JamesGeary
18th-November-2003, 10:53 PM
People don't listen to the teacher anywhere. I usually repeat myself 3 or 4 times with some gaps and chat in between, and after that i can usually see that about 50% of people have listened. If I tell someone something directly while dancing with them (they have to hear then, I'm holding onto them and they can't get away) then about 20% of people will listen to me and change to do whatever I'm saying. I truly don't know what's up with the other 80%, if they don't believe me or don't care.

Try doing classes in social dancing in another style sometime. You'll find it far more interesting to be talking to whomever you're with about music, clothes, anything, than listening to the teacher drone. Fundamentally I go to have fun rather than jot down someone's opinion on a piece of paper. Basically I have more amusing things to be doing, and anyway, if it's important I'll see what everyone else is doing later, and just copy it. The person I'm dancing with is smiling, and that's what's important to me.