PDA

View Full Version : BB Attire

Gadget
17th-November-2003, 05:00 PM
I have a bit of a quandry; Should I wear my Kilt to the Beach Ballroom? :confused:
The plus side is that it looks smart and all the girlies love them.
The negative side is that they are hot, take a song to change out of, everything needs to be stored properly, I can only dance half a dozen songs in my ghillie brogues {sp?} before my feet hurt and I need to take another change of clothes.

So... is it worth the hastle?

Sandy
17th-November-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
I have a bit of a quandry; Should I wear my Kilt to the Beach Ballroom? :confused:
The plus side is that it looks smart and all the girlies love them.
The negative side is that they are hot, take a song to change out of, everything needs to be stored properly, I can only dance half a dozen songs in my ghillie brogues {sp?} before my feet hurt and I need to take another change of clothes.

So... is it worth the hastle?

Oh Gadget you have to suffer for your art! Wear the kilt and take a change of clothes. There's nothing like the swirl of a kilt:devil:
Are you wearing yours Franck?? Dave??

Sandy :wink:

psyc0diver
17th-November-2003, 05:21 PM
Take a pair of trainers & use them instead of brogues - much comfier! Its what I do for most ceilidhs

Gadget
17th-November-2003, 05:55 PM
Yea, but I don't like wearing trainers with my kilt; it's just... wrong. Like wearing a rugby shirt and kilt. Trainers are for wearing with jeans or something casual, not full highland wear.

Each to their own.

Heather
17th-November-2003, 06:32 PM
..........stay miles away from me if you are dancing in your brogues, I was kicked in the ankle by someone(who shall remain nameless) in Manchester, who was wearing a pair. I sat with an icepack on my ankle for most of the night and wasn't a very happy bunny I can tell you, especially as Gus was playing fab music and I wanted to be up dancing!!!!:sick:

:cheers:
Heather

Sorry!!! Can the Lovely Franck please add this post as a reply to Gadget debating whether to wear his brogues to the BB or not. Imeant to click 'reply' and not'new thread'.:sorry

Dance Demon
17th-November-2003, 06:33 PM
Hey Gadget......you could always wait 'till they play "It's raining men or Dancing in the moonlight" then go get changed.......no one would miss dancing to these tracks would they? :D

Graham
17th-November-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Hey Gadget......you could always wait 'till they play "It's raining men or Dancing in the moonlight" then go get changed.......no one would miss dancing to these tracks would they? :D Gadget's previously posted that he's not very fussy about the music and will dance to anything. But he might be waiting all night to hear that particular track - was it the Toploader Featuring Geri Halliwell Judge Jules Dance Mix version you were thinking of?

Gadget
17th-November-2003, 11:03 PM
hmmmm... I might give "It's raining men " a miss, but I expect the music to be top notch {hint-hint} so any track missed will be a dissapointment.

And sod's law - one of my favourites will be played as I change. Bound to happen. :tears:

Heather: I've never been to Manchester :what: But I have been kicked in the ankle more than once by kilted edjits :tears: {<- of sympathy}

Dance Demon
18th-November-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Graham
- was it the Toploader Featuring Geri Halliwell Judge Jules Dance Mix version you were thinking of? more likely to be the Trouser enthusiasts, extended rumble in the jungle edit featuring toploader, geri Halliwell and yah kid K, with uncredited hoots and " Oh Yehs" by MC Hammer

:rolleyes: