PDA

View Full Version : Ethernet connection not working

Jive Hunny
6th-December-2008, 04:09 PM
Help please...I use a BT Voyager 210 router/windows xp....and I was on the internet earlier today and my keyboard suddenly stopped working...so I have borrowed a keyboard and since then my ethernet light on router will not come on.

checked with BT all seems ok with line to my house, so it must be between router, ethernet cable and ethernet card? Am I right?

I am round a friends house now to do some research.....any help/advice much appreciated to help diagnose problem. Thank you

Dreadful Scathe
6th-December-2008, 05:15 PM
Help please...I use a BT Voyager 210 router/windows xp....and I was on the internet earlier today and my keyboard suddenly stopped working...so I have borrowed a keyboard and since then my ethernet light on router will not come on.

checked with BT all seems ok with line to my house, so it must be between router, ethernet cable and ethernet card? Am I right?

Possibly. If by "ethernet light" you mean the light for the LAN port used by the cable that goes to your PC then it may be the cable try another one. It may be your ethernet card - check if the light is where the cable goes in.

If you really meant the WAN light on the router, then let us know :)

Jive Hunny
7th-December-2008, 05:01 PM
Possibly. If by "ethernet light" you mean the light for the LAN port used by the cable that goes to your PC then it may be the cable try another one. It may be your ethernet card - check if the light is where the cable goes in.

If you really meant the WAN light on the router, then let us know :)

Thanks for your help. I tried another cable last night and it worked ok.

Did puzzle me as to the timing of the problem occuring after my keyboard went wrong....so today I re-tested everything and keyboard definately broken but my original ethernet cable now works! Perhaps the keyboard 'upset' the router?

:cheers:

Dreadful Scathe
8th-December-2008, 12:33 PM
quick to go in the huff are routers, notorious for it :)