PDA

View Full Version : How many introductions?

bigdjiver
17th-November-2003, 02:18 AM
How many people do you know that first came to Ceroc on your recommendation?

It will make it much more meaningful a result if everybody votes. 0 is useful information.

Thanks

Gadget
17th-November-2003, 02:00 PM
Good poll; Why is it here? {in the 'test messages' I mean}

Do you mean 'introduced and stuck it out' or can I include 'introduced and ran a mile' ?

bigdjiver
17th-November-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
Good poll; Why is it here? {in the 'test messages' I mean}

Do you mean 'introduced and stuck it out' or can I include 'introduced and ran a mile' ?

It is here because I was testing the poll making bit, and, being a programmer, had not taken account of the fact that I might be able to make it work. :sad:

I think I am going to need the resident Genie to move it,

Please Franck? :blush:

If they only run a mile, they need the exercise, so include them. If they manage to leave the mainland they will probably go as far as possible, and we have that covered too, so still include them.

psyc0diver
17th-November-2003, 04:15 PM
i introduced Gadget - for my sins!!

Gadget
17th-November-2003, 04:24 PM
:devil: Nya ha hh ha ha {<- evil laugh}

psyc0diver
17th-November-2003, 04:49 PM
JUST NOTICED - THERE ARE 666 REGISERED USERS FOR THE FORUM
:devil: :devil: :devil:

Divissima
17th-November-2003, 09:04 PM
I have only included the number of people I have introduced who still go to ceroc (2). But they themselves have introduced others who still come along (but poll would get too complicated if you include 'grandmothering').
Lost count of the number of people who came once or twice at my behest, never to return.... :devil:

bigdjiver
18th-November-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Divissima
I have only included the number of people I have introduced who still go to ceroc (2). But they themselves have introduced others who still come along (but poll would get too complicated if you include 'grandmothering').
Lost count of the number of people who came once or twice at my behest, never to return.... :devil:

It was the number that you persuaded to come that I was after. So you should have picked the point where you lost count.

:wink:

Lindsay
19th-November-2003, 03:34 PM
I introduced a woman from work, she met this guy, 6 months later they got married, she mentioned how they "would never have met had it not been for me taking her to Ceroc" in her wedding speech:sorry

But now they have split up...

And it's nobody current or that you'll know, in case you're guessing :wink:

Jon L
20th-November-2003, 12:51 AM
loads of people from Church when I first started

Dreadful Scathe
20th-November-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Lindsay

But now they have split up...

so you're solely responsible for a couples divorce ? you homewrecker you :D

bigdjiver
23rd-November-2003, 02:34 AM
I started this poll because I was disappointed by the small number of people that I knew I had introduced. I promote Ceroc at every opportunity. In the vast majority of cases I would not know if I had succeeded because it was with casual acquaintances miles from home.

To counteract the number I persuaded to come there is at least one I deterred, a beginner who freaked out at my perspiration. My policy is now beginners at the start of the night, and more shirt changes & cool downs.

Anyone else going to confess to losing us a member, and how?

Everyone has a value, there is none of us so low and despicable as cannot serve as an 'orrible example.
Allegedly a Sgt. Major

Lory
23rd-November-2003, 12:16 PM
I've told loads of people about how great Ceroc is, where and when they can go but I draw the line at actually taking someone new with me, as I like to be very independant, I wouldn't like to feel like I have to 'babysit' anyone and if they weren't having a good time, I might feel responsible. Selfish huh! :blush:

bigdjiver
23rd-November-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Lory
I've told loads of people about how great Ceroc is, where and when they can go but I draw the line at actually taking someone new with me, as I like to be very independant, I wouldn't like to feel like I have to 'babysit' anyone and if they weren't having a good time, I might feel responsible. Selfish huh! :blush:

"Introduced" was a bad choice of word. I have never taken anybody along. I was aiming for telling people about it, and knowing that they actually tried it afterwards. If I took someone along I would feel that I had to talk to them, and so lose dancing time. Selfish? I confess. :sorry

Chris
23rd-November-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Lory

I tend to agree on this, although it's a personal decision. I think the best people to 'take' beginners are maybe other beginners.

The nightmare is when the babysitter comes over to me and says, "would you dance with my friend" - I then go over to comply and, with my hopefully non-scary smile on, ask newcomer for a dance - and she turns me down cos she's too shy to dance with anyone.