PDA

View Full Version : Phone again...

David Bailey
26th-November-2008, 03:25 PM
OK, I need a new phone again.

Any suggestions?

I want lots of cool stuff - good video-recording would be very handy - but don't want to pay big money for it.

philsmove
26th-November-2008, 03:55 PM
have not got one my self .but the Google phone beat the apple i phone on the gadget show

tsh
26th-November-2008, 04:06 PM
I've only had a very brief play with a G1, but it looks better in real life than the photos of it!

scarface
26th-November-2008, 04:08 PM
I want lots of cool stuff - good video-recording would be very handy - but don't want to pay big money for it.

Contract or pay as you go??

ducasi
26th-November-2008, 04:09 PM
The reviews of the G1 I saw didn't look great. The usability was all over the place.

I'd have a close look at some of the new Blackberry phones...

pmjd
26th-November-2008, 04:18 PM
Neither the google phone or iphone would be an option as neither can do video recording, well the iphone can if you jailbreak it and use an unofficial app but probably a bit too much hassle.

robd
26th-November-2008, 04:20 PM
good video-recording would be very handy

Don't do it! - your dancing is always better in your own mind than on playback :sick:

straycat
26th-November-2008, 04:23 PM
have not got one my self .but the Google phone beat the apple i phone on the gadget show

Although, from the look of things, it didn't beat the iPhone in most other places - and like the iPhone, video recording isn't among its features (as yet). The general impression of the G1 that I'm getting is: software good, hardware average, battery life dismal. Wait for the next version thinks I.

For me, were it not for DB's need for video, I'd be sticking by my iPhone recommendation, as the thing is, quite simply, an utter joy to use.

pmjd
26th-November-2008, 04:53 PM
A very quick look shows that a few of the nokia models with a 5mp camera can record at VGA resolution at 30fps, as can the new sonyericsson c902.

David Bailey
26th-November-2008, 05:14 PM
Contract or pay as you go??
Contract - I'm with o2 and I've got an upgrade due soon (£35 / month tariff), so I'm looking at possibilities.

So far, I like:

Nokia N96
Samsung Tocco
Samsung Armani
LG KU990
LG KP500 Cookie
LG Renoir
Samsung i900 Omnia

David Bailey
26th-November-2008, 05:16 PM
For me, were it not for DB's need for video, I'd be sticking by my iPhone recommendation, as the thing is, quite simply, an utter joy to use.
I don't want the iPhone or Blackberry - that's too much stuff even for me.

Lory
26th-November-2008, 05:27 PM
Nokia N96
Samsung Tocco
Samsung Armani
LG KU990
LG KP500 Cookie
LG Renoir
Samsung i900 Omnia

The only thing I'd say is, the two times I haven't gone for a Nokia, I've regretted it!

I'm not very helpful, am I? :blush:

emmylou25
26th-November-2008, 05:57 PM
The only thing I'd say is, the two times I haven't gone for a Nokia, I've regretted it!

I'm not very helpful, am I? :blush:

I'd usually second that too - my last phone was a Samsung, and much as it was a lovely phone, looked good etc the battery power was a shocker.

But, I've now got a Sony Eriksson C902 - good camera and video is ok too - although not too sure how long you can record for before you need a memory card etc. Got it pretty cheap on my contract (vodafone), but my tariff's extremely low. Battery's much better on it (probably not as good as Nokia).

I was advised off the LG and Samsung ones - as battery power was my big must after my last phone disaster.

scarface
26th-November-2008, 06:02 PM
Contract - I'm with o2 and I've got an upgrade due soon (£35 / month tariff), so I'm looking at possibilities.

So far, I like:

Nokia N96
Samsung Tocco
Samsung Armani
LG KU990
LG KP500 Cookie
LG Renoir
Samsung i900 Omnia

Out of these i would go for the Nokia N96, the LG is unreliable and Samsung are just c..., The best phones at the moment are the new Blackberrys,loads of toys and gismos to keep you happy:waycool:

David Bailey
26th-November-2008, 06:09 PM
Out of these i would go for the Nokia N96

Blimey :rolleyes:

Trouble
26th-November-2008, 06:12 PM
yes i third that.

you can not beat a Nokia. I have an N82.... does all the things a phone is sposed to do these days and has a great camera on it. I think there is a newer version now though. Great big screen as well if ya a bit on the blind side or a little old. :D :D :D

Lee Bartholomew
26th-November-2008, 06:14 PM
Claire has the Samsung Omnia i900. It's a great little phone and will run tom tom etc without problems. Also as it's a windows device, you will be able to open Office documents on it no problem.

It's also a great phone for photos and Video. Infact I was so impressed with it I would get one over a HTC device.

Magic Hans
26th-November-2008, 09:26 PM
Mobile Phones UK (http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/) Seems to prefer the Omnia and the Renoir, slightly over the Nokia.

I have friends with Samsungs that have never let them down .... now I have one, that I'm happy with.

Personally, I'd go for Samsung or Nokia.

Check it out!! [Omnia seems to have a massive standby battery life]

straycat
26th-November-2008, 09:27 PM
Can't speak for the modern version, but iPhone aside, the Nokias that I've used are the only phones I've ever used which I'd recommend. So another vote for Nokia from this quarter.

Lee Bartholomew
26th-November-2008, 10:55 PM
I was a Nokia fan untill I got in to HTC devices (known as SPV,Mda, XDA etc depending on retailer), but now I have seen and played with the Samsung, it is def one of the best phones I have seen (and we played with a few in the phone shops)

Whats more with the Samsung, you dont need to send it back for a new battery, you can install loads of 3rd party apps such as Tom Tom, and they don't do false advertising :na:, (though when I was playing about with the Iphone I liked the pinch but that is all it had going for it.)

ducasi
27th-November-2008, 11:21 AM
So far, I like:

Nokia N96
Samsung Tocco
Samsung Armani
LG KU990
LG KP500 Cookie
LG Renoir
Samsung i900 Omnia

I had Nokias, I switched to SonyEricsson, I switched back to Nokia. I bought a N95. The N96 is a similar phone.

In my opinion, Sony Ericsson phones are better than Nokias. The N95 and N96 have just as much "stuff" (or more) as an iPhone or Blackberry, but they are so hard to use, you'd never know.

The couple of times I've played with Blackberrys, I found them easy to use, with some really nice features on them. You shouldn't rule them out.

I've no idea about the Samsungs or LG, except that I'm fairly sure that all their smart phones are based on Windows Mobile. That should be enough to make you run a mile.

Really, in the world of smart phones, the iPhones & Blackberrys are at the top, with all the rest far behind.

ashenfie
27th-November-2008, 11:39 AM
yes i third that.

you can not beat a Nokia. I have an N82.... does all the things a phone is sposed to do these days and has a great camera on it. I think there is a newer version now though. Great big screen as well if ya a bit on the blind side or a little old. :D :D :D

It depends what you use you phone for. for example I use,

+ Load of txt's
+ Read all my emails and some send emails
+ Camera only used it when some 1 drove into my car
+ Password safe loads
+ Internet quite often
+ Maps never
+ Facebook never
+ Music id, yes if i had it!!!
+ 3-4 day battery life
+ Yes and i talk on it too, not that often thu
+ Fits in pocket nicely (so the ladies don't think i over pleased to see them!)
+ Bluetooth so I can talk in the car!!!

For the the brackberry curve won over the nokia 95 because,
+ Full size keyboard
+ email software
+ Safe software
+ OK battery life ( I tried a nokia N95 it only last 1 day)
+ Looks solid
+ Mini USB for charging very handy as i use my satnav power in car, and my pc at work (why not Nokia?)
+ Most of the case resists scatching

The Nokia are far betta Camera & Media tools, so if they important to you the Nokia is a betta option. iPhones don't have a keyboard so i wonder how easy it is to txt?

I have samys in the past and found them hard to use and the LG i had never seamed to work. I have no idea if they are betta these days.

The blackberry bold looks good to me.

Beowulf
27th-November-2008, 11:48 AM
I've no idea about the Samsungs or LG, except that I'm fairly sure that all their smart phones are based on Windows Mobile. That should be enough to make you run a mile.

And the Apple fanboy windows bashing continues... still smarting after Microsoft used the "I'm a PC" advert against you ?

the iPhones & Blackberrys are at the top, with all the rest far behind.

as a HTC WINDOWS MOBILE user and never had any problems. Does all I want with out needing to jailbreak the device and has loads of software out there for download.. oh and it does do video on its cam.

ducasi
27th-November-2008, 12:38 PM
And the Apple fanboy windows bashing continues... still smarting after Microsoft used the "I'm a PC" advert against you ?

as a HTC WINDOWS MOBILE user and never had any problems. Does all I want with out needing to jailbreak the device and has loads of software out there for download.. oh and it does do video on its cam.
I find it funny that Microsoft are running adverts which are pretty meaningless in this country – Apple only did a few "I'm a PC, I'm a Mac" commercials in the UK, and that was years ago, so the guy saying "I'm a PC" in the Microsoft advert just leaves people :confused:.

That said, Apple, Google (missed them in my last post!) & RIM have built phones for the 21st century, based on 21st century technology. Microsoft, Symbian & Palm are still stuck in the 20th century.

Have you compared the usability of old phones with this new generation?

Simple example from my Nokia N95... It can do WiFi & phone-based internet. Why when I open my browser do I have to tell it which one to use? Shouldn't it be obvious?

Oh, and styluses suck.

ducasi
27th-November-2008, 12:45 PM
This looks like the perfect phone...

http://www.pomegranatephone.com/

I just hope it's Mac compatible!

Beowulf
27th-November-2008, 12:56 PM
Oh, and styluses suck.

Actually.. I think you'll find they poke.. that's vacuum cleaners you're thinking of. :whistle:*

I like my windows mobile.. it looks like a brick granted.. but does everything I want it to do.. 3g (before Iphone had it), EDGE, HSPD, GPS , Wifi , Bluetooth, compatibility with my windows software and software development platform. and a nice tactile proper keyboard.

granted.. the Iphone has the looks but when I weigh up my needs and requirements against an Iphone I find it lacking. When My needs/requirements change I may well change my mind and go for a Blackberry or an Iphone .. in that order.

oh and

Why when I open my browser do I have to tell it which one to use? Shouldn't it be obvious?

I use opera on my phone and if I'm in range of my wifi it uses that.. if I'm not it uses 3g etc. where's the problem?

* besides.. I rarely use my stylus.. I use my finger.. the on screen buttons are more than large enough,

Beowulf
27th-November-2008, 01:10 PM
This looks like the perfect phone...

http://www.pomegranatephone.com/

I just hope it's Mac compatible!

Oh I had one of those.. it was fine until the coffee maker backfired while I was using the harmonica burning my lips.. I screamed and it automatically translated it into mandarin accidentally insulting a nearby tourist. He threw his ice cream at me which melted on the projector lens (fusing it in the process) and the sticky ice cream residue clogged up the shaver attachment.

never again.. I'm sticking with the Iron /Toaster/ TV/ record player/ grappling hook/fishing rod DragonFruit phone from now on !!

ducasi
27th-November-2008, 01:19 PM
I like my windows mobile.. it looks like a brick granted.. but does everything I want it to do.. 3g (before Iphone had it), EDGE, HSPD, GPS , Wifi , Bluetooth, compatibility with my windows software and software development platform. and a nice tactile proper keyboard.

granted.. the Iphone has the looks but when I weigh up my needs and requirements against an Iphone I find it lacking. When My needs/requirements change I may well change my mind and go for a Blackberry or an Iphone .. in that order.
The iPhone doesn't have everything I want in a phone either, which is one of the reasons I don't have one yet. Maybe it'll be there by this time next year...

Oh, I just ready a review for the new Blackberry Storm – it sucks too (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/27/technology/personaltech/27pogue.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&pagewanted=all). The BB Bold looks much better though.

David Bailey
27th-November-2008, 01:22 PM
Really, in the world of smart phones, the iPhones & Blackberrys are at the top, with all the rest far behind.
Yeah, but I don't really want a "smart phone", I want something a bit below that.

Hence my "no iPhones or Blackberrys" comment.

Oh, and styluses suck.
This I agree with - I'm sure I'd break it or lose it in about 10 seconds.

ducasi
27th-November-2008, 01:42 PM
Yeah, but I don't really want a "smart phone", I want something a bit below that.

As far as I know, every one of the phones on your current list is a smart phone.

So if a not-really-really-smart smart phone is OK, you should also take a look at the Samsung i8510 INNOV8 and SonyEricsson C905. Both use Symbian in one form or another.

If you're really, really not wanting a smart phone, maybe have a look at the SonyEricsson K850i.

HTH.

Lee Bartholomew
27th-November-2008, 03:55 PM
The Samsung i900 Stulus is pretty cleaver. Would be very hard to use.

I still fail to see what all the fuss is about the Iphone. It struggles and is hardly supported with 3rd party software, has a crappy office clone that corrupts your docs when you transfer them back to PC, has a battery that is built in so when it goes wrong it has to be sent back and it crashes alot.

As for windows mobile, yes it's not ideal but it is the best thing going and whats more, if you dont like the interface, you can just change it to what ever theam you want (there is even an Iphone theme if you are a saddist and it is so similar it is hard to tell!!!!)

Windows mobile is also the only platform that supports Tom Tom software and (AFAIK) Google maps.

I would recommend taking your list of phones down the phone shop and having a play but be warned, our local O2 shop was so desperate to sell us an Iphone we ended up going to Vodaphone !!!!

pmjd
27th-November-2008, 04:30 PM
Windows mobile is also the only platform that supports Tom Tom software and (AFAIK) Google maps.
Oh no it isn't (http://www.tomtom.com/products/features.php?ID=260&Category=2&Lid=1), Nokia and SonyEricsson models that don't run windows mobile OS can run TomTom navigator 6 and Nokia, Blackberry, palm etc. (http://www.google.com/mobile/default/maps.html) can also run google maps.

pmjd
27th-November-2008, 04:34 PM

So what do you want then, a reasonably bright or competent phone?:whistle:

Lee Bartholomew
27th-November-2008, 04:38 PM
Oh no it isn't (http://www.tomtom.com/products/features.php?ID=260&Category=2&Lid=1), Nokia and SonyEricsson models that don't run windows mobile OS can run TomTom navigator 6 and Nokia, Blackberry, palm etc. (http://www.google.com/mobile/default/maps.html) can also run google maps.

I said AFAIK :na:

Beowulf
27th-November-2008, 05:04 PM
Oh no it isn't (http://www.tomtom.com/products/features.php?ID=260&Category=2&Lid=1),

Must Be Christmas.. the pantomime season has started :wink: :na:

pmjd
27th-November-2008, 05:12 PM
Must Be Christmas.. the pantomime season has started :wink: :na:

Nah, it's just rehearsals this week:wink:

straycat
27th-November-2008, 10:42 PM
Nokia, Blackberry, palm etc. (http://www.google.com/mobile/default/maps.html) can also run google maps.

:yeah: - as does the iPhone (which, for that matter, also runs Google Earth)

David Bailey
28th-November-2008, 12:12 AM
Look, I'm not getting a bleedin' iPhone, OK? I'd have to pay money for that... So take your weird iFetishes elsewhere, this thread is All About Me.

DavidB
28th-November-2008, 12:15 AM
I found this quite amusing

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/239556/what-the-banned-iphone-advert-should-really-look-like.html

(Apologies if anyone else has posted it)

Robin
28th-November-2008, 10:47 AM
£35 per month on o2? are you sure you can't get a better deal elsewhere - usually at that price break, t-mob tend to be much cheaper - and as they offer less phones, you have less of a choice to worry about!

David Bailey
28th-November-2008, 11:45 AM
£35 per month on o2? are you sure you can't get a better deal elsewhere - usually at that price break, t-mob tend to be much cheaper - and as they offer less phones, you have less of a choice to worry about!

Probably - but I've still got 3 months to run on my 18-month contract, and they're offering me an early upgrade. As I've had my old phone nicked, the alternative is taking the upgrade in 2 weeks, or putting up with my 3-year-old Motorola Z3 for 3 months.

What do you think I am, patient?

pmjd
28th-November-2008, 12:33 PM
DB you must be getting a good deal on your upgrade as the N96 is over £200 on a £35 a month contract on O2 online:really:

I'm with Ducasi on this one, used to have some of the nokia smartphones but switched to sonyericsson and have stayed with them for the time being.

Did have a play with my sister's new samsung tocco the other weekend. Seemed an ok phone which had a handy flap to protect the screen, the touch screen was responsive enough and just uses a normal virtual keypad rather than trying to cram in a full virtual keyboard for texts and text input. Scrolling through contacts did take a while though as you had to drag each page through, compared to the (I know you're going to hate it but it's the only other touchscreen phone I've had a go of!) iphone where you could just flick the list and it kept going then slowing down. No idea what the video quality was like nor can I seem to find any info on the quality:confused:

So in your list of lots of cool stuff are there any must haves?

David Bailey
28th-November-2008, 12:49 PM
So in your list of lots of cool stuff are there any must haves?

Decent camera / video, pref. with reasonable inbuilt memory.
Looking cool.
Fitting inside my pocket.

Lou
28th-November-2008, 01:40 PM
Decent camera / video, pref. with reasonable inbuilt memory.
Looking cool.
Fitting inside my pocket.

Have you thought about popping into a phone shop and asking them what they'd recommend? :)

I love my N95, but I'm at the end of my contract, so I just wish that Nokia would hurry up and invent a decent successor so that I can upgrade. :)

David Bailey
28th-November-2008, 02:02 PM
Have you thought about popping into a phone shop and asking them what they'd recommend? :)
Maybe I'm just being Mr Cynic, but I assume they'd recommend whatever gets them the most commission.

pmjd
28th-November-2008, 02:30 PM
OK Mr Cynic, discard the Samsung Armani and LG KP500 Cookie from your list, they have poor video recording capabilities compared to the others. The Samsung pixon might be worth a look at too based on it's spec (http://uk.samsungmobile.com/mobile/GT-M8800?kind=)

Andy McGregor
28th-November-2008, 05:04 PM
I've always gone for Nokia and never had a problem. Sue and two of my daughter's have had the N95 and absolutely loved them. The only downside is battery life and they really do need to be charged every night. We've changing shortly and three of them are going for the N96. One of them is planning a lot of travel and is going for something with better battery life but still a Nokia. I'm undecided. I could get a Blackberry or a Nokia. Which is best?

ducasi
28th-November-2008, 05:54 PM
I've always gone for Nokia and never had a problem. Sue and two of my daughter's have had the N95 and absolutely loved them. The only downside is battery life and they really do need to be charged every night. We've changing shortly and three of them are going for the N96. One of them is planning a lot of travel and is going for something with better battery life but still a Nokia. I'm undecided. I could get a Blackberry or a Nokia. Which is best?
If you're happy with Nokia, then stick with them.

My N95 needed nightly charging until I did an update to the software from Nokia's web site (http://europe.nokia.com/softwareupdate). Now it lasts 3 or 4 days between charging.

I'm sure if you like the N95, you will be happy with the N96.

straycat
30th-November-2008, 12:26 PM
Look, I'm not getting a bleedin' iPhone, OK? I'd have to pay money for that... So take your weird iFetishes elsewhere, this thread is All About Me.

I don't care if you get an iPhone or not. Just helping correct a misconception.

Purely on the basis of advertising though, I'm thinking you should get an N96. Nokia have, IMO, the coolest advert (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OqGQ72bre30&fmt=18) going (although what it's got to do with phones, I'm not entirely sure)

gamebird
30th-November-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't care if you get an iPhone or not. Just helping correct a misconception.

Purely on the basis of advertising though, I'm thinking you should get an N96. Nokia have, IMO, the coolest advert (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OqGQ72bre30&fmt=18) going (although what it's got to do with phones, I'm not entirely sure)

Don't want to sound like a complete luddite:blush: - but is that film footage real or some really clever computer stuff??????

straycat
30th-November-2008, 12:52 PM
Don't want to sound like a complete luddite:blush: - but is that film footage real or some really clever computer stuff??????

Really clever computer stuff, alas.

Lou
4th-December-2008, 07:17 PM
I love my N95, but I'm at the end of my contract, so I just wish that Nokia would hurry up and invent a decent successor so that I can upgrade. :)

I've just had a quick play with a prototype N97 just now, and whilst it's still really flakey I already really like the touchscreen and the funky slide-out keyboard. It's not really in any fit state yet to say how easy it is to use, but I'm gonna keep my eye on how this one develops, as, like many folks on this thread, I like my Nokias! ;)

ducasi
5th-December-2008, 12:44 AM
I've just had a quick play with a prototype N97 just now, and whilst it's still really flakey I already really like the touchscreen and the funky slide-out keyboard. It's not really in any fit state yet to say how easy it is to use, but I'm gonna keep my eye on how this one develops, as, like many folks on this thread, I like my Nokias! ;)
Yeah, what I've seen has looked good – though the real videos don't (yet?) match up with the marketing...

Why do mobile phone companies "launch" phones that they aren't ready to sell? No-one else does it. Why spill the beans to their competition?

Rhythm King
7th-December-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm traditionally a fan of Nokia, but got a BlackBerry Storm for my latest upgrade. It's fab, the toys are great, but the battery life is unpredictable and not good, so I've resorted to daily charging for now. Hopefully there'll be a software upgrade like there was for the N 95.

ducasi
12th-December-2008, 12:57 AM
Stephen Fry's take (http://www.stephenfry.com/blog/2008/12/11/gee-one-bold-storm-coming-up…/) on a few recent smart phones....

David Bailey
12th-December-2008, 05:30 PM
Right, I've gone for the LG Secret.

Coz it looks cool, and coz I'm shallow.

straycat
12th-December-2008, 05:38 PM

Just don't deep-fry it :whistle:

David Bailey
12th-December-2008, 05:47 PM
Just don't deep-fry it :whistle:

I'll keep the packaging :)

ducasi
13th-December-2008, 12:01 AM

Looks cool. :)

Is it a smart phone? What OS does it use?

David Bailey
13th-December-2008, 11:06 AM
Is it a smart phone? What OS does it use?
Who knows? What part of "I'm shallow" did you miss? :na:

It's got a touch screen! And a keyboard!! And it looks cool!!! :D

frolicols
27th-January-2009, 06:15 PM
Not a bad choice in the LG Secret.

I personally have an N95 8gb which I upgraded to from my original N95. The battery life is better on the 8Gb. The N96 is not too much different from the N95 8Gb (certainly not a huge jump in my opinion). It DOES support streaming live television, but currently no carrier in the UK supports it.

Nokia have announced the N97, which looks like being the most complete smartphone outside of the Fruity Companies.

Spec:
5MP Camera with DVD quality video capture
32Gb onboard memory
QWERTY keyboard
Improved battery life
Plus all the usual N9x series paraphernalia (GPS etc)

Should be released before the Summer...

As for anyone else that has an N95 or Nseries Nokia, I recommend checking out mosh.nokia.com. It's a beta site for freeware for your phone. Lots of cool little apps and tools to play with!

Terpsichorea
28th-January-2009, 10:17 AM
Not a bad choice in the LG Secret.

I personally have an N95 8gb which I upgraded to from my original N95. The battery life is better on the 8Gb. The N96 is not too much different from the N95 8Gb (certainly not a huge jump in my opinion). It DOES support streaming live television, but currently no carrier in the UK supports it.

Nokia have announced the N97, which looks like being the most complete smartphone outside of the Fruity Companies.

Spec:
5MP Camera with DVD quality video capture
32Gb onboard memory
QWERTY keyboard
Improved battery life
Plus all the usual N9x series paraphernalia (GPS etc)

Should be released before the Summer...

As for anyone else that has an N95 or Nseries Nokia, I recommend checking out mosh.nokia.com. It's a beta site for freeware for your phone. Lots of cool little apps and tools to play with!

As an N95 user myself, I can recommend http://www.n95users.com/, lots of good advice, particularly on getting hold of a tripod for the phone when using it as a video camera.

martingold
5th-February-2009, 12:17 PM
ok
My turn for an upgrade now
I am on vodaphone (the reception is the best where i work although O2 comes close)
Phones for you have offered me these possibles

Nokia 5800
Nokia N85
Sony Ericsson C905
Samsung Tocco
Blackberry Storm

Out of these carphone warhouse (who couldnt do me the upgrade on any of these except the samsung and saying phones for you were offering the best deals at the moment) said they didnt like the storm but would go for the Nokia 5800 The only one i could handle is the Samsung Tocco which seemed ok
I am hoping to get to Phones for you tonight to see if i can actually handle any of these others
Not having looked at them i have no idea which to choose acording to reviews Nokia seems the preferable and have always had a good name both for reception and battery life (yes i want to use it as a phone although any gadgets would be fun)