PDA

View Full Version : WCS addicts - Watch the US Open from home !!!!

Caro
26th-November-2008, 12:31 AM
I'm soooo excited I can hardly believe it's happening... :clap:

Global Dance TV will broadcast the US Open this weekend !!!!

I'm not too sure yet if it's live only or if you can watch it on your own time, whether you can record it or not etc... Friday comps (including showcase) are free, the whole weekend cost $35. Details here (http://www.tadaah.tv/gdtv/GDTV/ppv.aspx)

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to live on US time during the WE...:whistle:

Can't wait to see all the new routines, to hear the eeeehs and the aaaaahs and the oooohs and see who will win what...

I think I need a : soexcitedIjustpeedinmypantssmiley: :eek:

David Franklin
26th-November-2008, 01:17 AM
So, has anyone actually installed the executable you apparently need to watch this? I really really don't like installing executables that I don't know the provenance of, and googling didn't find anything saying "this is fine and spyware/virus free".

I'm sure it is alright, but I'd rather not be the first person to blindly click on "Please install this and if you want to scan my hard disk for credit card numbers before reformatting my machine that's OK, really".

Lory
26th-November-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm sure it is alright, but I'd rather not be the first person to blindly click on "Please install this and if you want to scan my hard disk for credit card numbers before reformatting my machine that's OK, really".

Good luck Caro!!!!

We're all 'behind' you! :cheers::wink:

Caro
26th-November-2008, 09:22 AM
Good luck Caro!!!!

We're all 'behind' you!

well, I'm on my work computer right now so can't install anything. I'll try it on friday night, screw the viruses if I can see all the new routines and JnJ ;)

And I don't have my credit card numbers stored anywhere on my computer! :innocent:

Plus I've met people from Global Dance TV, Alicia Burke, she was doing the interviews at Swigntime in the Rockies in the summer. So if it all goes wrong I'll just go and hunt her down ;)
And I want to see my interview anyway :yum:

The initial email with that info was sent by Skippy Blair, it doesn't mean she's checked it herself for safety, but hopefully if it wasn't safe she'd had responses and fed that back again... come on you know you want to ! ;)

Paul F
26th-November-2008, 10:55 AM
Well, call me stupid but I went and blindly installed the Global TV application. Ok, I did it on my work PC so as to lessen the risk to me personally :D

It installs fine and my anti-virus does not report and misgivings.

The app runs fine BUT the feed quality is slightly suspect. Only slightly.
Given that here at work I am running on a T1 leased line and the feed is still slightly choppy I can only presume that it is the speed of the server that is suspect. If many people tune into the US Open that may, although Im not sure, make it even worse.

Right now though it is definately watcheable but then again it is not showing live routines.

TA Guy
26th-November-2008, 11:54 AM
Thanks for this. Will give it a try.

FunkyAngel
26th-November-2008, 12:53 PM
The app runs fine BUT the feed quality is slightly suspect. Only slightly.
Given that here at work I am running on a T1 leased line and the feed is still slightly choppy I can only presume that it is the speed of the server that is suspect. If many people tune into the US Open that may, although Im not sure, make it even worse.

Right now though it is definately watcheable but then again it is not showing live routines.

So, are any of the real computer geeks out there set up to record from internet TV? Something like Windows Media recorder pro, WM recorder or similar?

The downside of living in a cute semi-rural cottage is I'm miles from the phone exchange and the connection I have here is not good enough to watch it live (it struggles enough with YouTube).

So much as I'd like to watch chunks of the US Open I don't think I'll be able to from home and streaming media are barred on the work computers. Can't think why :innocent:

What we need is someone to record all the good WCS bits and then a US Open party at someone's house (or somewhere like New Lodge) to watch them all.... Any takers?

FunkyAngel

Caro
26th-November-2008, 01:06 PM
What we need is someone to record all the good WCS bits and then a US Open party at someone's house (or somewhere like New Lodge) to watch them all.... Any takers?

I would, if I knew how to do it !!!

The other option of course is to wait until the DVD is out (I got mine before Christmas last year) and do that, but that's a little less exciting... I want to see the results live ! (which will be around 1 or 2am monday... wonder how I will manage work the next morning!)

FoxyFunkster
26th-November-2008, 08:04 PM
I would, if I knew how to do it !!!

The other option of course is to wait until the DVD is out (I got mine before Christmas last year) and do that, but that's a little less exciting... I want to see the results live ! (which will be around 1 or 2am monday... wonder how I will manage work the next morning!)

There is a 2nd option which is what i`m doing.....get yourself a front reserved seat and watch the whole thing live! It`s going to be awesome, i`ll post as i know the results......

Caro
28th-November-2008, 10:26 PM
AAAaaaarrrrrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Oh rage, oh desespoir!!!!!

GLOBAL DANCE TV DOESN'T WORK ON MACS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm soooooooo gutted ! I knew it was a stupid idea to get a mac! :tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

Lee Bartholomew
28th-November-2008, 10:59 PM
I knew it was a stupid idea to get a mac! :tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

I could have told you :whistle:.

Will try and get it recorded migh only be able to record showcases though. You think they are at 6?

Caro
28th-November-2008, 11:02 PM
Will try and get it recorded migh only be able to record showcases though. You think they are at 6?

the programme is here (http://www.USOpenSwingdc.com/schedule.html)...

:tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

Lory
29th-November-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm soooooooo gutted !:tears::tears::tears:

:hug::hug:
Spme clever dick will probably find a way to put them on youtube within a day or so ;)

Mary
29th-November-2008, 10:38 PM
:hug::hug:
Spme clever dick will probably find a way to put them on youtube within a day or so ;)

I hope so, 'cos I've got a mac as well, and I couldn't download the player either. :banghead:

M

David Franklin
29th-November-2008, 11:56 PM
So, who actually managed to watch it?

(I did, sort of, but couldn't actually pay much attention as it was Katie's breakfast time).

Anyone want to stick their necks out on who will win?

Miguel
30th-November-2008, 10:53 AM
Here's a few pictures from the opening ceremony (hope this works).

NZ Monkey
30th-November-2008, 06:49 PM
The Strictly Swing Results from the Saturday are posted now:

1. Kyle Redd Fresno, CA
Tatiana Mollmann Santa Monica, CA

2. Jordan Frisbee Long Beach, CA
Melina Ramirez Woodland Hills, CA

3. Benji Schwimmer Redlands, CA
Deborah Szekely Waltham, MA

4. Arjay Centeno Dublin, CA
Sarah Vann Drake Fresno, CA

5. Robert Cordoba Waltham, Ma
Kellese Key Frisco, TX

Caro
1st-December-2008, 07:50 AM
all the results and videos of winning performances here (http://www.usopenswingdc.com/2008_division_winners.html) :clap: