PDA

View Full Version : November Route 66

Dance Demon
15th-November-2003, 07:57 PM
This months Route 66 is on Friday 21st . No party theme this month, but all the usual friendly fun and of course dancing to the hot licks and cool grooves, supplied by me an' Dr Feelgood. Hopefully tickets will be available for our Christmas Jingle Bell jive party night on Friday 19th December. Theme for this one is ..Pantomime...oh no it's not...Oh Yes it is.....:rolleyes:

Twinkle Toes
17th-November-2003, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dance Demon
This months Route 66 is on Friday 21st . No party theme this month, but all the usual friendly fun and of course dancing to the hot licks and cool grooves, supplied by me an' Dr Feelgood. Hopefully tickets will be available for our Christmas Jingle Bell jive party night on Friday 19th December. Theme for this one is ..Pantomime...oh no it's not...Oh Yes it is.....:rolleyes:

Have I timed this perfectly or what !

Route 66 on Friday 21st, off to Nepal a couple of days later ....
.... back from Nepal and 2 days later Route 66 xmas party.

:D
TT x

Forte
17th-November-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dance Demon

:D
TT x

Just like to say...to anyone who doesn't know Twinkle Toes is doing the Nepal trek for charity. What a woman! I have sponsored her...anyone else want to PM her and offer? I am sure she would be happy to tell you more.
:cheers:

Twinkle Toes
17th-November-2003, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the plug Jackie, but I think most of the Scottish Cerocers know about my trek and have also been very generous I might add.

Have only got £300 to go and I will have reached my target of £3000.

Went into Morningside on Friday night with my pals Wendy and Caroline and we made £297.60 in an hour. Not bad going for 3 French Maids.

.. and thanks to Dance Demon for lending out his frilly apron.

.. ooops sorry, I ment Mrs Demon :devil:

TT x :hug:

Dance Demon
17th-November-2003, 06:29 PM
French Maids.

.. and thanks to Dance Demon for lending out his frilly apron.

.. ooops sorry, I ment Mrs Demon :devil:

:rofl: :rofl: ....now if it had been MY apron, it would have fitted all three of you at the same time:D

Twinkle Toes
18th-November-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
:rofl: :rofl: ....now if it had been MY apron, it would have fitted all three of you at the same time:D

...oh no DD, you must be getting mixed up with your loin cloth !
:devil:

TT x

Forte
18th-November-2003, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the plug Jackie, but I think most of the Scottish Cerocers know about my trek and have also been very generous I might add.

Scottish shmottish! Have you noticed how many English are on this forum?!:really: Take them for all they've got , that's what I say.:rofl: It is for charity after all.:hug:

Lindsay
19th-November-2003, 03:40 PM
Well done Lana, nearly £3000!!!

Why not charge to men to dance with you on Friday? Say £1 per dance, and £1 for 'extras' (you know the ones....)

Dave Hancock
20th-November-2003, 01:37 PM
Mr D,
What time is kick off tomorrow night??

Chicklet
20th-November-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
kick off

this mean you're going in shorts and shin pads???:eek: :D

Dave Hancock
20th-November-2003, 01:55 PM
Perhaps I shall, you'll just have to pop across yourself to check it out:)

Chicklet
20th-November-2003, 01:58 PM
really really really hoping to pop over for a while - might just have to be watching from the stand with a flask of tea cos really not match fit still but have really missed the game this last wee while!

Dave Hancock
20th-November-2003, 02:02 PM
Perhaps it'd be better if you sat it out, my memories are that last time I danced with you were there, I had to hobble off and get attended as I was slightly the worse for wear:wink:

Dance Demon
20th-November-2003, 06:19 PM
Hi Guys
Kick off is at 8pm......and freestyle all night. Decided to drop the icebreaker class and concentrate on playing fab music:waycool: ...so an extra 40 mins of dancing:D ....Also due to circumstances outwith our control, this will be the last Route 66 in the Westfield:tears: :tears: .........But fear not ...we have a fab New Venue to kick off the new year:waycool: :D
It also means that we have had to change the date and venue for the Christmas fancy dress party. It will now be on Saturday 20th December in Marcos.......as a one off :wink: so now I can go to Dunblane as well:D .......All the details of the Christmas party and the new venue will appear on the Route 66 website in due course www.route66jive.com (route66jive.com) :cheers:

RoyBoy
20th-November-2003, 08:50 PM

I'm just about to pack up and head off to Rock Bottoms in Brighton so I'll probably not get a chance to wish you well on your adventure. So heres wishing you an unforgettable experience amoung those BIG hills.

Safe there and safe home. Remember to take shed loads of photies.

Aw Ra best TT (Ya lucky spud)

Heather
21st-November-2003, 12:50 AM

It also means that we have had to change the date and venue for the Christmas fancy dress party. It will now be on Saturday 20th December in Marcos.......as a one off :wink: so now I can go to Dunblane as well:D :cheers:

:D :D :D YESSSSSSS!!!!!!! That promises to be a BRILLIANT weekend. You can be sure that the MAdwomen will be there!!!!!
Must say I'm kinda glad the way things have turned out, it solves the problem of trying to be in two places at once.

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

Twinkle Toes
21st-November-2003, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RoyBoy
I'm just about to pack up and head off to Rock Bottoms in Brighton so I'll probably not get a chance to wish you well on your adventure. So heres wishing you an unforgettable experience amoung those BIG hills.

Safe there and safe home. Remember to take shed loads of photies.

Aw Ra best TT (Ya lucky spud)

Cheers Matey,
You know I would have snuck you into my rucksack if I could have, but unfortunately you’re just a wee bit too big - plus my sherpa might find you a bit heavy !

Photies –you bet, my new gismo takes loads of pics and 1 ½ hours of video per chip – amazing ! So you’ll need to put in for an extra days holiday over xmas.

Must dash, off to get a haircut like yours – streamline I think it’s called!

Machapuchare here I come ........

TT x

Ps. Taking your walking stick with me – I’ll probably need it for the descent of those BIG HILLS !!!

Pps. Watch out for those Brighton Bombshells ! :D

Tiggerbabe
21st-November-2003, 04:38 PM
. It will now be on Saturday 20th December in Marcos.......as a one off :wink: so now I can go to Dunblane as well:D

And Dundee on the 13th in the Bonar Hall - yippee - Xmas sounds good already :D :D

Dave Hancock
21st-November-2003, 04:41 PM
Thought this had fallen through Sheena, do you now that it's definately still on???

Tiggerbabe
21st-November-2003, 05:23 PM
The Dundee party on the 13th DEC in the Bonar Hall Dundee is DEFINITELY ON
so NO excuses Mr H :wink:

Dave Hancock
21st-November-2003, 05:26 PM
None will be offered, look forward to seeing you tonight or tomorrow. If I'm feeling brave I might even try and get a dance with you.:hug:

Tiggerbabe
21st-November-2003, 05:31 PM
Not tonight I'm afraid Dave, but tomorrow for sure :D and go on - be brave - please :hug: :D

TheTramp
22nd-November-2003, 12:32 PM
Another great night.

Especial thanks to DD for that set in the last hour :D Bill, you missed out on a great hour of blues :D

Nice to meet some new people (even if they were Weegies). Fantastic dances. Thank you ladies :D

Steve

Dance Demon
22nd-November-2003, 01:14 PM
Ta Steve glad you had a good night. Was really nice to see a few faces that I thought might not be there due to BB being on..Heather, Dave Hancock Trampy........plus a few new faces. I really enjoy playing that last hour, and think it's nice to slow things down a bit at the end of a hard nights dancing:waycool:
Sold more than a few tickets for the Christmas bash, so should be a good night..thanks again from Dr Feelgood and me to everyone who came along to our last night in the Westfield:waycool: :cheers: ....New venue in January:D

PS weird feeling at the end of the night when everyone started applauding...happened after the Halloween party too.....made me feel really humble:blush: :)

linda
23rd-November-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Heather
:D :D :D YESSSSSSS!!!!!!! That promises to be a BRILLIANT weekend. You can be sure that the MAdwomen will be there!!!!!

Sorry DD, but this MAd woman won't make it for the Christmas bash:tears: Have prior engagements in Sydney with Martin and David in Melbourne:grin: :grin: You probably won't notice my absence anyway as I'm the quiet one :wink:

Linda
:kiss:

Dance Demon
23rd-November-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by linda
Sorry DD, but this MAd woman won't make it for the Christmas bash:tears: Have prior engagements in Sydney with Martin and David in Melbourne:grin: :grin: You probably won't notice my absence anyway as I'm the quiet one :wink:

Linda
:kiss:

:tears: :tears: :tears: .........I want to go to Fiji & australia too......
Have a great time Linda...see you when you get back from your globetrotting exploits:hug: :kiss:

Dave Hancock
23rd-November-2003, 08:52 PM
Would echo Steve's comments that Friday was also a really good night and the music was spot on and it was good to seee a larger than usual Glasgow contingent starting to travel.

DD - really enjoyed the last hour, how about for an Xmas treat having an extended bluesy hour to say a couple of hours to finish with????

Dance Demon
23rd-November-2003, 09:02 PM
Hmmm.....maybe sneak a few slower ones in earlier on Dave, rather than two whole hours of bluesy stuff. glad you enjoyed it though:cheers:

Eva
24th-November-2003, 06:35 PM
I was one of the travelling Glasgow contingent ...........we don't break out very often.........and thoroughly enjoyed Friday night . Music and dancing was brilliant . Thanks to Dave H and DD for telling us about super night . I'm sure more Glasgow dancers would attend if they realised what they were missing . Will certainly do my best to spread the word.