PDA

View Full Version : Help with Videos please

DD+
16th-November-2008, 11:41 PM
I took some video on my camera which looks great when you watch it back on the camera but not so good when i uploaded it to my laptop- its very dark:sad: i have a Sony camera and the software i got with it was picture motion browser but you can only view them in there - is there any free software that i could use to perhaps lighten the view a bit?

thanks as always :flower:

Yliander
17th-November-2008, 12:13 AM
photo camera or video camera? what format is the footage in?

DD+
17th-November-2008, 12:20 AM
Its automatically save it as an Irfanview MPEG file:sick:

Dreadful Scathe
17th-November-2008, 12:48 AM
you got xp ? hold down the window key next to the space bar and press R. Type moviemk into the box. Press return.

DD+
17th-November-2008, 01:00 AM
you got xp ? hold down the window key next to the space bar and press R. Type moviemk into the box. Press return.

Wow thanks DS - how easy is that - you can even put a title page on :cheers: i will have a play and shout if i get stuck:wink:

Lory
17th-November-2008, 01:04 AM
I took some video on my camera which looks great when you watch it back on the camera but not so good when i uploaded it to my laptop- its very dark:sad: i have a Sony camera and the software i got with it was picture motion browser but you can only view them in there - is there any free software that i could use to perhaps lighten the view a bit?

thanks as always :flower:
If you load it into 'windows moviemaker' (which usually comes with windows) theres a lightening 'effect' which you can add, in the edit menu. I'm afraid its very crude but it might help a bit. Although, as it lightens it also reduces the quality :rolleyes:

Also, next time you take a video under the same circumstances, try changing the EV, most modern compacts have it and it usually ranges from -2 to +2 try setting it to +2

I hope this helps :flower:

Trouble
18th-November-2008, 11:46 AM
Wow thanks DS - how easy is that - you can even put a title page on :cheers: i will have a play and shout if i get stuck:wink:

so where is it woman... come show us show us show us.

xxxxxx

DD+
18th-November-2008, 12:14 PM
so where is it woman... come show us show us show us.

xxxxxx
Still playing with it - watch this space :wink: even if it is remarkably boring!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Trouble
18th-November-2008, 12:30 PM
Still playing with it -
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

walk away Michele... walk away from the keyboard....:eyebrow::wink:

Waiting with baited breath boring or not baby.xxxx