PDA

View Full Version : This weekend? Next weekend?

Lynn
14th-November-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Boomer

P.S Lynn, where abouts in London will you be? Come and say hello if you spot me, I’ll be holding a beer and doing the Arm-jive all night long

St Mary's. Got into dancing while on holiday in September and some folk from the holiday dance there.

Looking forward to it!:grin:

Lynn

Boomer
14th-November-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Lynn
St Mary's. Got into dancing while on holiday in September and some folk from the holiday dance there.

Looking forward to it!:grin:

Lynn

My regular Friday (but not this Friday) ! See you there, come over and say hi :grin: ...sorry guys, carry on :nice:

Tiggerbabe
14th-November-2003, 10:23 PM
My regular Friday (but not this Friday) ! See you there, come over and say hi :grin: ...sorry guys, carry on :nice:

*cough* aren't you forgetting a previous engagement young man - 21st November, Aberdeen - ring any bells??:wink:

Boomer
14th-November-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
*cough* aren't you forgetting a previous engagement young man - 21st November, Aberdeen - ring any bells??:wink:

Ah, but you see, 'this Friday' means the 21st, and not the 14th, which is 'today'. Had I meant 'this Friday' as in today, I would have said 'today' and not 'this Friday'..which is the 21st..(you still with me? Hope not, coz I'm lost :what: ).

Makes perfect sense to me :what:

Tiggerbabe
15th-November-2003, 12:07 AM
yeah - I'm with you (despite the best part of a bottle of wonderfully pink cava).........
although this Friday is today, next Friday is the 21st as it's the next Friday.
This weekend is upon us.......next weekend is, well next weekend :confused:
The Beach Ballroom weekend - 22nd and 23rd November 2003.

Lynn said she's coming over next weekend - she posted today too, the 14th, so I reckon she'll be at St Mary's on the 21st - whereas you'll be in the Forum with the Aberdeen Massive :wink:

Anyway - you're not forgetting, which is good :D See you there Boomer - any chance of a dance please? :waycool:

Boomer
15th-November-2003, 12:54 AM

Anyway - you're not forgetting, which is good :D See you there Boomer - any chance of a dance please? :waycool:

When?

Boomer
15th-November-2003, 12:57 AM
Hey Lynn, only 2 posts and you've already split a thread, damn you're fast :waycool:

Tiggerbabe
15th-November-2003, 01:56 AM
When?

:rofl: :rofl:

Lynn
15th-November-2003, 03:12 PM
Ooops! Sorry guys, maybe I hit a wrong button somewhere? :blush: Kinda new to all this

Will be in London on 21st.

Boomer
15th-November-2003, 03:51 PM
An apology? For going...sorry, being led off topic? I should think so too! The sauce of it, causing thread-splits and everything! Don’t you know how busy Franck is! He has enough to do as it is, poor dear, without making sure threads are keep religiously on topic...not sure what else he has to do though, from what I hear he pends must of his time working on new combs...nope, I’ve no idea either :grin:

Welcome to the party, say goodbye to your sanity :cheers:

Won’t be in London this Friday (21st :grin: ) but have a good one...shouldn’t be too hard, The Church is a good venue with excellent teachers.

Lynn
15th-November-2003, 05:46 PM
Ok - but was it my reply to where in London I am going next weekend or the subsequent discussion about when this/next week is and where you are dancing next week that was the digression?!? (Note I am still on topic for this thread with the referral to 'next' week!)

I mean, I would normally never wander off a topic like that. Nice sunny day here today. Sorry, what was I saying?!

Thanks for the comments on St Mary's being such a good venue, looking forward to it even more now! Probably won't be my last visit.

Boomer
15th-November-2003, 06:07 PM
Ok - but was it my reply to where in London I am going next weekend or the subsequent discussion about when this/next week is and where you are dancing next week that was the digression?!?
Probably the first :blush: Blame me, it's all my fault :blush: ...'Male led blahblahblah' :grin:

(Note I am still on topic for this thread with the referral to 'next' week!)
Almost! 10 out of 10 for trying :grin: The thread is actually '...'nextweekend' :grin:

I mean, I would normally never wander off a topic like that. Nice sunny day here today. Sorry, what was I saying?!
That's the spirit! :cheers:

Thanks for the comments on St Mary's being such a good venue, looking forward to it even more now! Probably won't be my last visit.
Have a good time :nice:

Tiggerbabe
15th-November-2003, 06:11 PM
Ok - but was it my reply to where in London I am going next weekend or the subsequent discussion about when this/next week is ......................that was the digression

Oops! Sorry Lynn, think it was probably Boomer and myself that caused the thread split.
Anyway - don't worry about it, happens all the time, well a lot of the time :blush: as we do tend to get side-tracked every now and then.

:hug:

Boomer
15th-November-2003, 06:18 PM
Oops! Sorry Lynn, think it was probably Boomer and myself that caused the thread split.
Anyway - don't worry about it, happens all the time, well a lot of the time :blush: as we do tend to get side-tracked every now and then.
Funny thing is, if one considers this to be an example of 'going off-topic', just wait till Monday when the nutters are back at work with tooo much time on their hands :rofl:

:nice:

Tiggerbabe
15th-November-2003, 06:53 PM
Funny thing is, if one considers this to be an example of 'going off-topic', just wait till Monday when the nutters are back at work with tooo much time on their hands :rofl:

:nice:

Was just kinda of a private chat though, in the midst of what had been (up until then) a sensible discussion.

There's nothing worse (IMHO) than a thread being hi-jacked with a page of personal conversations that would be better carried out via the pm system. And yeah, I know, we're all guilty sometimes.

And it does surprise me the amount of time some of the forum members spend posting when they are at work - jealousy's a terrible thing "wee green smilie".

Maybe you can persuade Lynn to come to the "next" Beach Ballroom party in February - not "this" one which is on Saturday that is, not today :wink:
Lots of fab people (according to Sandy *crawl* )already booked for that one. :D

And to answer your question on another thread - the floor at BB is fab :drool: sprung floor and good for spinning on :D

Heather
15th-November-2003, 07:53 PM
Was just kinda of a private chat though, in the midst of what had been (up until then) a sensible discussion.

There's nothing worse (IMHO) than a thread being hi-jacked with a page of personal conversations that would be better carried out via the pm system. And yeah, I know, we're all guilty sometimes.

Totally agree Sheena, in fact, I completely ignore some of the threads on this Forum these days, as it's almost 100% certainty that they will be a pile of c**p, which really ought to be pm'd.
:sick: :sick: :sick:
Heather,

Lynn
16th-November-2003, 02:35 PM

I wasn't trying to wriggle out of my share of going off topic! I've only just joined the forum so its helped me feel right at home! Thanks for being friendly. :grin:

Boomer
19th-November-2003, 01:20 AM
I wasn't trying to wriggle out of my share of going off topic! I've only just joined the forum so its helped me feel right at home! Thanks for being friendly. :grin:

You're more than welcome :nice: Now pick a thread, jump in and kiss goodbye to your old daily routine :grin:

Lynn
19th-November-2003, 01:12 PM
Now pick a thread, jump in and kiss goodbye to your old daily routine :grin:

Hmm - this is quite addictive (like ceroc I suppose!). And useful, informative and fun...

Have a great time this weekend - that's the one in 3 days time, to avoid further confusion :confused: . (Sounds like you have some great events over there - I'll have to travel over for some next year, thinking of going Bognor)

:cheers:
Lynn

Boomer
19th-November-2003, 01:16 PM
Hmm - this is quite addictive (like ceroc I suppose!). And useful, informative and fun...

Have a great time this weekend - that's the one in 3 days time, to avoid further confusion :confused: . (Sounds like you have some great events over there - I'll have to travel over for some next year, thinking of going Bognor)

:cheers:
Lynn

"Quite addictive"! Yep, you could say that :rofl: Almost missed one or two essay deadlines coz of this thing :grin:

The weekend of the 21st :grin: should be rather enjoyable, I really quite looking forward to it :grin:

ONLY 2 SLEEPS TO GO!!!! (Won't ba able to sleep Friday night :blush: too excited :grin:

HAve fun at the church on Friday, let us know how it went :nice:

Lynn
27th-November-2003, 12:49 AM
Had a great time at the church - nice venue. Did my first intermediate class - and probably my only intermediate class for a while as things will probably stay at beginner level here for a while longer. :tears: Wish we had a ceroc venue like that here in NI - good size hall, different classes, freestyle at the end. But then we are only getting started here and I'm glad to have the opportunity to learn. :nice:

I brought a friend along - another new person introduced to ceroc - and he loved it.

In the meantime I'll just have to hop on a plane every so often to dance more over there or in Scotland.

Hope you also had a great weekend Boomer! I'm sure you did! :grin: