PDA

View Full Version : Mailing list managers

Lee Bartholomew
31st-October-2008, 11:10 AM
Any one know of a good email newsletter manager?

Can't find a decent one that is not geared towards sending mass spam mail.

At the mo resorting to having to send each email one by one through outlook :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Martin
31st-October-2008, 04:00 PM
Any one know of a good email newsletter manager?

Can't find a decent one that is not geared towards sending mass spam mail.

At the mo resorting to having to send each email one by one through outlook :banghead::banghead::banghead:

For normal text "Ms Word" mail merge feature works well, sends to each person individually and you can address them by name etc.

For pictures and formatting, then you need something a little more.

Dreadful Scathe
31st-October-2008, 05:36 PM
not that it would work with some - i never display images or formatting in emails, so i tend to delete HTML or text formatted mails as too messy :) (email is designed for TEXT ONLY - im old school)

Feelingpink
1st-November-2008, 12:55 PM
Don't know if that is what you mean, but I use Constant Contact. You pay a monthly subscription and it has templates which you customise for a really professional newsletter. It also does all kinds of tracking & allows people to unsubscribe without you having to do it manually. A (fairly IT literate) friend recently spent days researching email newsletters & after much swearing and cursing, bought a subscription, as she couldn't find anything else that produced as good a result or as close.