PDA

View Full Version : whats a good word programme ?

stewart38
27th-October-2008, 04:22 PM
Given Im now officially on garden leave its essential I have a good word programme on my home PC

All I seem to have is 'word pad' , which has no spell check !! Essential for me :sad:

Any recommendations for a programme I can down load ? I dont mind paying for it, if it can add the 'ed' and ',' I miss off all the better :grin:

My works was micro soft word 2003 which was find but I assume there are more up to date ones ?

David Bailey
27th-October-2008, 04:55 PM
Given Im now officially on garden leave its essential I have a good word programme on my home PC

All I seem to have is 'word pad' , which has no spell check !! Essential for me :sad:

Any recommendations for a programme I can down load ? I dont mind paying for it, if it can add the 'ed' and ',' I miss off all the better :grin:

My works was micro soft word 2003 which was find but I assume there are more up to date ones ?

Open Office version 3 (http://www.openoffice.org/) - it's free, and compatible with Word. You get everything that MS Office gets, and more - e.g. auto-PDF creation.

Beowulf
27th-October-2008, 05:03 PM
Open Office version 3 (http://www.openoffice.org/) - it's free, and compatible with Word. You get everything that MS Office gets, and more - e.g. auto-PDF creation.

:yeah:

that said... I use Microsoft Office 2003 professional (OEM)

I have in the past used Open Office but as I need(ed) to be able to easily integrate work/outlook/excel/windows and windows mobile applications in a development environment I switched for the Microsoft path.

Dreadful Scathe
28th-October-2008, 01:03 PM
I have in the past used Open Office but as I need(ed) to be able to easily integrate work/outlook/excel/windows and windows mobile applications in a development environment I switched for the Microsoft path.

Fair enough, but normal people have no need to use Microsoft Office. I worked for a major European company as a consultant and had to produce and edit lots of documentation, they used MS Office, I used Open Office. I had no trouble at all.

bigdjiver
28th-October-2008, 01:19 PM
... they used MS Office, I used Open Office. I had no trouble at all.:yeah:

Beowulf
28th-October-2008, 04:42 PM
Fair enough, but normal people have no need to use Microsoft Office. I worked for a major European company as a consultant and had to produce and edit lots of documentation, they used MS Office, I used Open Office. I had no trouble at all.

I really think Open Office is great.. as I said I needed to use MS Office for a specific reason.. and anyway.. since when was I normal?

stewart38
10th-November-2009, 09:24 PM

I really think Open Office is great.. as I said I needed to use MS Office for a specific reason.. and anyway.. since when was I normal?

I used this for a year and itwas great

I lost it when my PC was infected (see diff thread)

Will down load it again now

dave the scaffolder
10th-November-2009, 11:06 PM
Stew divna panic son I is here.

Word up son, word up. (Touch clenched fist with your bro, bro).

My word is my bond.

I give you my word as an officer and a gentlemen.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

I am a God amongst the pc community.

DTS XXX XXX

dave the scaffolder
10th-November-2009, 11:26 PM
Stew a word in your shell like son!!

I have had a pm , just 2 words, the second one was OFF!!!

I am lost for words.

I am here until Thursday, you can use this stuff down the club you know.

DTS XXX XXX

StokeBloke
11th-November-2009, 02:12 AM
Stew divna panic son I is here.

Word up son, word up. (Touch clenched fist with your bro, bro).

My word is my bond.

I give you my word as an officer and a gentlemen.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

I am a God amongst the pc community.

DTS XXX XXX

Stew a word in your shell like son!!

I have had a pm , just 2 words, the second one was OFF!!!

I am lost for words.

I am here until Thursday, you can use this stuff down the club you know.

DTS XXX XXX
Have you been on the cough syrup again Dave :lol:

dave the scaffolder
11th-November-2009, 02:24 AM
Have you been on the cough syrup again Dave :lol:

Stokie I give you my word that I have given up the drink, the fags and even those nice Morrocon blend ones I used to enjoy.

I am sure Stewart has a sense of humour, we just need to dig deep.

DTS XXX XXX

StokeBloke
11th-November-2009, 02:48 AM
I am sure Stewart has a sense of humour, we just need to dig deep.

DTS XXX XXX
I thought he'd had that successfully by-passed last year mate :wink:

dave the scaffolder
11th-November-2009, 11:01 AM
I heard Stew had a triple bypass.---Sense of humour, charisma ans personality.

Stew you know I love you.

There is a buttocks squeeze awaiting you.

DTS XXX XXX

dave the scaffolder
11th-November-2009, 05:21 PM
Stew are you there my lover?

I feel like I am being ignored.

Hello

Hello

hello

IS this thing on?

DTS XXX XXX

killingtime
11th-November-2009, 09:44 PM

I'd recommend it too though I've noticed slight differences between rendering a document; such as a line that was on page 1 being on page 2 in Word (which isn't a big deal unless you are going to use it for a CV but then you can export to PDF in most cases for that).

StokeBloke
11th-November-2009, 10:25 PM
I'd recommend it too though I've noticed slight differences between rendering a document; such as a line that was on page 1 being on page 2 in Word (which isn't a big deal unless you are going to use it for a CV but then you can export to PDF in most cases for that).
:yeah:Beware of using tables too, the formatting can do slightly strange things sometimes if saved as a .doc file :wink:

Lee Bartholomew
11th-November-2009, 10:30 PM
You caould always try one of the programs on this page that are spell check plug-ins for word pad http://malektips.com/windows_xp_wordpad_0002.html

totalfreak
22nd-November-2009, 11:38 PM
openoffice.org is a free office suite if you can't afford the populat packages..