PDA

View Full Version : Do Points Make Prizes?

John S
9th-October-2008, 10:00 PM
I clicked on the "Awards" button at the top of the page and was presented with several league tables of unimaginable complexity.

Now, in football league tables I'm up to speed on goal difference, and I even understood goal average, but I'm completely bewildered by the points system on the forum - is there a Duffer's Guide to it anywhere? (I have tried using the search and FAQs facilities, without success, but I guess it must be out there somewhere).

And (this is where I enter the realm of fantasy) are these lovely points in any way similar to BA Miles or Tesco Reward Points, ie can they be turned into something beneficial like a free entry to a Ceroc night for every 30 000 points?

David Bailey
10th-October-2008, 08:04 AM
I clicked on the "Awards" button at the top of the page and was presented with several league tables of unimaginable complexity.

Now, in football league tables I'm up to speed on goal difference, and I even understood goal average, but I'm completely bewildered by the points system on the forum - is there a Duffer's Guide to it anywhere? (I have tried using the search and FAQs facilities, without success, but I guess it must be out there somewhere).
Not that I know of - it's a mystery... There may be something about it in the VBulletin documentation?

And (this is where I enter the realm of fantasy) are these lovely points in any way similar to BA Miles or Tesco Reward Points, ie can they be turned into something beneficial like a free entry to a Ceroc night for every 30 000 points?
:lol: Worth a try...