PDA

View Full Version : laughing button

martingold
9th-October-2008, 04:30 PM
I think we need a laughing button the same as the thanks button
How about it Franck?

Cruella
9th-October-2008, 04:34 PM
I agree, a lot of my 'thanks' are because I found the post funny, but it does sound wrong to thank someone for their humour. :rolleyes:
I guess we could rep them instead (but I'm too lazy)

geoff332
9th-October-2008, 04:46 PM
I'd be more in favour of that new youtube button that reads a person's post back before posting it. Give them (me) the opportunity of laughing at themselves (myself) before anyone else has a chance.

ducasi
9th-October-2008, 04:46 PM
I agree, a lot of my 'thanks' are because I found the post funny, but it does sound wrong to thank someone for their humour. :rolleyes:
I don't like the "thanks" button because people use it instead of rep. I prefer personal messages to a pageful of "Thanked Post"s.

(I'm lazy too though. :blush:)

Gojive
9th-October-2008, 04:51 PM

I don't like the "thanks" button because people use it instead of rep. I prefer personal messages to a pageful of "Thanked Post"s.

I'm in two minds about this one - if a thanker has rep power of > 2, then I say rep me pleae...else I'll stick with the auto 2-point 'thanks' button :waycool:

Gojive (A rep tart little Jiver) :D

Cruella
9th-October-2008, 04:53 PM

Yes I agree, but at least it means you get thanked when people wouldn't bother to rep. You get rep points for a 'thanks' too don't you? (unless they have repped/thanked you too recently)

Edit- Ah Gojive has just answered this for me. I didn't realise that it was 2 points regardless. But does it not give you any points if that person has recently repped/thanked you?

Twirly
9th-October-2008, 04:56 PM

:yeah:

The only good thing about the thanks button though is that everyone can see who has thank who for what, so it's a bit more transparent. There is a feelgood factor, just not quite as personal as rep...

Gojive
9th-October-2008, 04:59 PM
Yes I agree, but at least it means you get thanked when people wouldn't bother to rep. You get rep points for a 'thanks' too don't you? (unless they have repped/thanked you too recently)

Edit- Ah Gojive has just answered this for me. I didn't realise that it was 2 points regardless. But does it not give you any points if that person has recently repped/thanked you?
Hmm...I'm not sure now if it's 2 points regardless. On the other matter, thank me again and we'll see? :yum:

martingold
9th-October-2008, 05:24 PM
:yeah:yeah this is exactly what i was talking about

Dreadful Scathe
9th-October-2008, 05:26 PM
it seems to be 2 points regardless, and it counts as rep, so you cannot rep that post again. It also stops you using rep at all because you can only rep so much per day, so if you use thanks too much, you have to continue to use thanks and forget about using rep. Which is a bit hard on anyone i want to rep when they would get 8 points from me rather than the 2 :)

martingold
9th-October-2008, 05:30 PM
it seems to be 2 points regardless, and it counts as rep, so you cannot rep that post again. It also stops you using rep at all because you can only rep so much per day, so if you use thanks too much, you have to continue to use thanks and forget about using rep. Which is a bit hard on anyone i want to rep when they would get 8 points from me rather than the 2 :)
also very true

Gojive
9th-October-2008, 06:06 PM

I was however, able to rep you for this post, and then follow it up with a 'thanks' too. Did both count? :)

Now what happens if someone with rep of less than 2 hits the 'Ta' button?

Martin? :waycool:

bigdjiver
9th-October-2008, 06:13 PM
I think we need a laughing button the same as the thanks button
How about it Franck?There is room for some more icons in the panel on the left. The "Yeah that" is another candidate. That overlaps a bit with "Thanks". Most times I mean :yeah:when I press that button.

Dreadful Scathe
9th-October-2008, 06:37 PM
I was however, able to rep you for this post, and then follow it up with a 'thanks' too. Did both count? :)

not sure as i cant remember how much rep i had - you should have watched for that. It did not send me "thanked post" though.