PDA

View Full Version : Disappearance of Matt the Taxi...

multi-spin-matt
10th-November-2003, 03:25 PM
Hi,

After around 5 or 6 years of being a Ceroc regular in Aberdeen and Edinburgh, as well as taxi'ing at both venues, about 2 or 3 months ago I suddenly gave up the taxi'ing and have never been back to Ceroc.... :confused:

Giving up the taxi'ing was planned, though difficult - I want to spend more time learning and dancing with my wife, so we can improve together. And Aleks has proved herself more than capable of looking after the beginners, so I feel Edinburgh Tuesdays are left in "safe hands". It was tough decision, given that I enjoyed it so much, but my own dancing was stagnating, so I feel it is time to starting improving personally again (so multi-spin Matt could do triple rather than double spins?).

Unfortunately at the same time as making the decision I screwed my neck muscles and the dancing would seem to be the cause, so I haven't been able to dance at all. Not quite the original plan! However it has meant leaving Ceroc rather suddenly, without even managing to give proper notice on the taxi'ing front to Ceroc, or saying hello/cheerio to a few folk.

So this posting, is to say:
- Sorry to Ceroc, particularly venue manager Alison, for leaving abruptly.
- Thanks to Ceroc, and the friends I've made, for the things they've done for me, not all dancing related.
- Thanks to the taxi-dancers who inspired Philippa and I when we struggled when we started (cos I near gave up after week two, so thanks Aberdeen Bill).
- Hope I've managed to help a few folk along personally".
- Good luck to Aleks and whoever has taken over from myself on the taxi'ing front.

And finally to say, hope to see you soon. The neck is improving and I intend to be back before Christmas, or certainly in the New Year. However, no more taxi'ing for me, private hires only ;-)

Best regards

(multi-spin??) Matt :-)
:cheers:

PeterL
10th-November-2003, 04:09 PM
Ah will taxoiing in edinburgh ever be the same now Matt has left.

who can forget his beer glass analogy for hand holds.

I never could figure out how to hold a beer glass without my thumb though.:devil: :devil:

see you at ceroc soon

Peter

:cheers: