PDA

View Full Version : We won!!

Filthy Monkey
21st-September-2008, 01:36 AM
Just a quickie to say thank you and well done to Karyn (Kazibaby). We danced rumba together tonight in an inter-company dance competition and placed first!! :grin: Karyn has only been dancing for three months and, as I spend so much time in London, we have only been able to practice four or five times together, so it really was a great achievement. Thanks, honey :flower: Well done to everyone else who took part! :clap:

martingold
21st-September-2008, 09:10 AM
Wohooooooooooo Huge congrats :flower:

mikeyr
21st-September-2008, 11:08 AM
Just a quickie to say thank you and well done to Karyn (Kazibaby). We danced rumba together tonight in an inter-company dance competition and placed first!! :grin:

Congratulations to the both of you!:clap::clap:

Minnie M
21st-September-2008, 11:13 AM
Congratulations to the both of you!

:yeah: :respect: :yeah:

Maxine
21st-September-2008, 11:21 AM
Well done to you both :clap::clap:, I can imagine your rumba was quite a steamy number!

StokeBloke
21st-September-2008, 02:50 PM
Top job guys, you must be absolutely thrilled!!! You know I'll be asking for a few pointers when we see you now don't you :wink:

Congratulations, both of you.

Kazibaby
21st-September-2008, 05:55 PM
Well done to you both :clap::clap:, I can imagine your rumba was quite a steamy number!

Well I'm still smiling........:whistle:

Stuart M
21st-September-2008, 06:12 PM
Well done and congrats to Kazibaby and FM!

Mind you, it was the team result that really mattered :whistle: :innocent:

Twirlie Bird
21st-September-2008, 06:25 PM
CONGRATULATIONS
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Twirly
21st-September-2008, 10:36 PM
Congratulations!

ducasi
22nd-September-2008, 08:55 AM
Well done and congrats to Kazibaby and FM!
:yeah: :clap: :respect:

How did your Cha Cha go Stuart?

Tiggerbabe
22nd-September-2008, 09:06 AM
I can report that Stuart (and his trousers :wink: ) did very well in the Cha Cha, as did Colin and Linda (also from Glasgow JJs class) in the Jive.
Stuart's team were the winners overall :clap:
It looked like all of the competitors had a lot of fun, despite all the nerves, and it was great to see so many people taking up the challenge and learning to dance for the evening's competition.
Congratulations to Karyn and Jamie :clap:

Stuart M
22nd-September-2008, 09:46 AM
:yeah: :clap: :respect:

How did your Cha Cha go Stuart?
As Sheena says, we came 2nd out of 7. Had a lucky break in the final though - our cha cha went to pieces at one point, but when the track ended, they announced there'd been a problem with the music (it certainly seemed to skip at one point) so they would play it again. Things went a lot more smoothly second time!

The whole thing was great fun, and I'm going to investigate the possibility of getting a team from our place into next year's event. I know we could rustle up a decent dance team for a start (calling the Pretzelmeister... :) )

ducasi
22nd-September-2008, 10:24 AM
As Sheena says, we came 2nd out of 7.
:respect:

ducasi
22nd-September-2008, 10:27 AM
I can report that Stuart (and his trousers :wink: ) did very well in the Cha Cha, as did Colin and Linda (also from Glasgow JJs class) in the Jive.
Are we going to get a reprise of the performances at JJ's on Tuesday? :)

Filthy Monkey
22nd-September-2008, 10:42 AM
Sadly, I'm in London all week, or I'd love to :yum:

I'm sure Karyn would be delighted to show off her new-found wiggle, though... :wink:

Stuart M
22nd-September-2008, 10:57 AM
Are we going to get a reprise of the performances at JJ's on Tuesday? :)

Unlikely, since my partner on Saturday is usually busy doing something else on Tuesdays. Actually :respect: to Ele as she's been struggling with an ankle injury for weeks. Of course, if you're volunteering to stand in for her, we could wow the audience if Franck provides a decent cha cha track :D

For my part, I'm now considering giving up on modern jive completely. After all, my competitive record now stands thus:

best result in 5 attempts at modern jive competition - made it into the final 24.
best result in 1 attempt at cha cha - 2nd

It's clear where my competition future lies :rolleyes:

Kazibaby
22nd-September-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm sure Karyn would be delighted to show off her new-found wiggle, though... :wink:
:rofl:

Wolverine
24th-September-2008, 09:44 AM
Congratulations! I hope you don't get a sore face from all the smiling. :nice: