PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Swing Judges at Britrock 2008

Andy McGregor
17th-September-2008, 08:15 PM
In October Britrock will be introducing West Coast Swing for the first time. I've just received an email from Sarah Johnson with the list of dedicated WCS judges.

David Barker (Head Judge)
Paul Farrell
Caroline Amblard (Caro)

So, it's a 1, 2 & 3 for forumites.

Well done for agreeing to help. I'm sure you'll be fabulous :clap:

N.B. Dear Moderators, In case you are thinking that I'm promoting one of my own events. I'm not the organiser and have no financial interest in this event. I'm the impartial adjudicator/scrutineer taked with maintaining fairness and credibility of the judging panels. I do it for nothing because I'm that kind of guy - of course I'm offered all sorts of services and bribes by competitors. I may or may not accept offers of a sexual nature, but they make no difference to the outcome of the competition :innocent:

Caro
17th-September-2008, 08:28 PM
Caro

cheers for that Andy, I was hoping to keep a low profile on that one...:rolleyes:

I suppose in the absence of the regular, 'established' judges (who are all in america at Boogie... :tears: ), you have to resort to asking other peeps...

Don't get me wrong I'm excited at the opportunity and have had the chance to see and participate in many comps in the UK and US, but it will also be a learning experience as it is my first time as a judge !
However with both Paul and David on the panel it balances things out quite nicely :nice:

I'm looking forward to it :nice:

PPS: I just hope there won't be any of my friends at the comp now :eek:

Andy McGregor
17th-September-2008, 09:00 PM
cheers for that Andy, I was hoping to keep a low profile on that one...:rolleyes: I had to do something just to find out who Caro is: we were both at Southport and I still don't think we've met.

PPS: I just hope there won't be any of my friends at the comp now :eek:Don't worry, competitors will be able to see what marks they were given. But nobody will know what votes individual judges gave to individual competitors - so long as you all use the same colour pen and don't draw smiley faces or write "I love Andy", as that would give the game away - in fact, two games :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
17th-September-2008, 09:09 PM
Hey, why am I not a judge ? I've got an Arlene wig and a flirty yet domineering personality all ready :)

(mind you Caro probably has that covered :) )

Andy McGregor
17th-September-2008, 09:13 PM
Hey, why am I not a judge ? I've got an Arlene wig and a flirty yet domineering personality all ready :)

(mind you Caro probably has that covered :) )If you come and wear your Arlene wig I'll let you be one of my bitches - you get free entry and all the cake you can eat :awe:

Dreadful Scathe
17th-September-2008, 09:18 PM
i'll check my timetable :)

robd
18th-September-2008, 12:39 AM
cheers for that Andy, I was hoping to keep a low profile on that one...:rolleyes:

LOL

I heard about this earlier today but guessed you were wanting to keep it under wraps. I don't know who will compete given that many of the people who may have done so will be away at Boogie.

I guess you've as much experience of WCS comps as most people in the country now after all your trips to the US so I don't think you should lack confidence. Just be aware that however you judge people there will always be someone who disagrees with your decisions - c'est la vie n'est pas?

mikeyr
18th-September-2008, 02:10 AM
David Barker (Head Judge)
Paul Farrell
Caroline Amblard (Caro)

So, it's a 1, 2 & 3 for forumites.

Well done for agreeing to help. I'm sure you'll be fabulous :clap:

:yeah::respect:

mikeyr
18th-September-2008, 02:50 PM
Forgot to say, Well done Britrock its great to see these WCS sections in Jive comps, and getting the right people to judge it :yeah::respect:

I would love to see more comps like this and would welcome the oppurtunity to compete more at home, this American food is killing me .......:sick::popcorn:

Caro
19th-September-2008, 10:25 AM
I've got an Arlene wig and a flirty yet domineering personality all ready :)

(mind you Caro probably has that covered :) )

you know... god, I can't even disagree with it ! :o :na: