PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Sat 13th December 2003 Bonner Hall

Scot
6th-November-2003, 04:02 PM
I have a booking for the Bonner hall for the 13th of Dec in Dundee
Which was originally for a Dundee Christmas party

Because I thought it would conflict with one of Francks Parties I did not advertise it.

It appears that this date is now not conflicting with anything. However as I have not advertised it in advance I am not sure what the turnout will be if I go ahead.

As you know the Bonner Hall is not cheap so I am keen to find out if you guys are intrested in me going ahead with this.

Kind Regards

Scot

Heather
6th-November-2003, 05:25 PM
:D :D You bet!!!! Given that the Bonar Hall has one of the best floors in Dundee you can guarantee I'll be there!!!!
I'll spread the word- it should be a great dance.
Also the fact that 13th december is a Saturday, should encourage a few folks to make the effort from other venues. I have a theory that folks are more willing to travel to an event if it's a Saturday rather than a Friday, as they are rested after a day off work and don't feel they are having to rush home from work and then straight out again travelling miles to a venue.

Thanks Scot,
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
x

TheTramp
6th-November-2003, 05:32 PM
I'll come too. (Well, actually, it's more like, 'Just try and stop me') :rolleyes:

Given that I'm now DJing in Glasgow on Mondays up until Christmas, I don't get to see anywhere near enough of the people in Dundee. Will be nice to catch up with a few people :D

Steve

Dave Hancock
6th-November-2003, 05:54 PM
I'd come up the road and try and talk some of the Glasgow folk into it, am sure there shall be a fair representation of us.

michael
6th-November-2003, 06:56 PM
If no other Dances available then surely it will be another great dance night:yum: (another social night binned in favour of dance night)

Does that mean we will get all the hipsters crowd coming up to Dundee as well?????

Well it is "The centre of the Dancing Universe" according to Heather and all the Dundee Mad Crew. And who exactly is going to argue with them:devil: :devil: :devil:

John S
6th-November-2003, 06:59 PM
I think a lot of people will come if its well advertised, but no matter how good the product is it won't sell itself!

I guess in the end it's a commercial decision that only you can make, Scot, and if you decide to go for it then make sure it is made known through all the available channels!

(Incidentally, I do think it should be the practice at all the Ceroc venues in Scotland to advertise each others' party nights and workshops - there's sometimes a bit of, shall we say selectivity(?), in which ones get a mention!!)

John S
14th-November-2003, 05:46 PM
Is the Bonar Hall party on or not - there seems to be some doubt?

I heard that names were being taken at Dundee on Monday of those who might be interested, but I don't know if any conclusion has been reached. If it is to go ahead then the sooner it's confirmed and advertised (especially to those who don't go to the Dundee class) then the more chance there will be of selling tickets for it.

I do know it's an expensive hall to hire, so it might not be commercially viable, in which case of course there's possibly an excellent hall in St Andrews that might be available at a fraction of the price ......... ;)

Jive Brummie
14th-November-2003, 09:55 PM
Scot, if it's on then Melanie and I will be there.

From what I've been told of the venue it's s'posed to be fantastic. So we're looking forward to it.

James.:cheers:

linda
15th-November-2003, 11:37 AM
Great idea Scott!:grin:

The Bonar Hall is a brilliant venue. and it has a great dance floor.

Sadly I won't be able to attend :tears:.......

I'll be scuba diving off the Great Barrier Reef, before heading to Sydney and Melbourne to try out the delights of dancing in OZ:grin:.... but the rest of the MAd crew will be there!!!!:grin:

Linda

:hug: