PDA

View Full Version : What are women really for

thewacko
5th-November-2003, 06:28 PM
Ok so someone mentioned it, nobody dare start it so here goes:

What are women really for on the ceroc dance floor?

well for starters as much as I love ceroc, I dont think I could do it with men, even if I do come from the era of the Solo Bop where men used to make a circle aound the dance floor and make complete idiots of themselves in the middle.

secondly: women are there to make the man look good on the dance floor. Without the women looking good us poor mortal men can only look like prancing idiots.

Thirdly, hey whats the use of legalised flirting if there are no women to flirt with.:devil:

So come on then let the flak begin, or is this the start of a very interesting thread:what:

Forte
5th-November-2003, 06:46 PM
I dared you to start it so well done!:wink:
I put my thoughts on what men are for on the other thread...am I allowed to comment on this one? (being a woman myself...:what: )
Think I will just sit back and see what develops over the next few days...I might even learn a thing or two...:rofl:

thewacko
5th-November-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Forte
I dared you to start it so well done!:wink:
I put my thoughts on what men are for on the other thread...am I allowed to comment on this one? (being a woman myself...:what: )
Think I will just sit back and see what develops over the next few days...I might even learn a thing or two...:rofl:

Hey if women can take the role of the man on the dance floor, as quite a few of them do, then surely they can make comments on this thread:wink:

Besides, being a man, who is constantly told that I can only lead on the dance floor, who am I to argue as to wether you can make comments on this thread or not:wink:
:cheers:

Boomer
5th-November-2003, 06:57 PM
1: Headache, mine not yours. :grin:
2: Making you feel guilty for having the audacity to defend yourself against them :devil: nay, even stand up for them :tears:
:nice:
3: Smelling lovely :hug:

thewacko
5th-November-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Boomer

3: Smelling lovely :hug:

:wink: I must admit a lot of them do, but unfortunately not all:confused:

Tazmanian Devil
5th-November-2003, 07:36 PM
Well done Darlig it's always good to have both sides of the argument (so to speak) :waycool:

Well us women are good for
1) making the guys feel good (even when they stuff up)
2) laughing/smiling at ure jokes (even when there not funny):devil:
3) following the guys lead (as best we can)
4) looking good:wink:

Just feel the music and dance the night away :kiss: :hug:

stewart38
6th-November-2003, 05:56 PM
Women are there to make men look good

Women are there so we can teach them to count,when they walk along the lines

Women are there to ensure there is enough chatter going on

Women are there because there perfumes neutrilise the smell coming from the some men

Women are there to wait and hope they will get a dance

Women are there ,as they know how to follow their leader (a man)

I am joking of course
:sick:

Jon
6th-November-2003, 09:36 PM
Women in Ceroc are there:

For us to admire their beauty and style.

For us to for once be able to get our own way and control them for a change! Although sadly it doesnt always work with all women. :what:

To apologise to the guy when she messes up his moves :wink:

To remove the sweat from our backs

To look lovingly into his eyes even if she cant stand the look of him.

To smile and laugh at his occassional rude jokes or comments :blush:

To teach the guys what a beat is!

Daisy
6th-November-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Jon
Women in Ceroc are there:

For us to admire their beauty and style.

For us to for once be able to get our own way and control them for a change! Although sadly it doesnt always work with all women. :what:

To apologise to the guy when she messes up his moves :wink:

To remove the sweat from our backs

To look lovingly into his eyes even if she cant stand the look of him.

To smile and laugh at his occassional rude jokes or comments :blush:

To teach the guys what a beat is!

I like most of these reasons best. HOWEVER.......

In my...or should I say 'our' case (thats him and me) its the following:-

To find the way to the dance venue in the first place!

To remember to pack the dance bag!

To order the tickets or book us into various dance events, months in advance!

To wake him up so he can get ready to go dancing on time!

To remember most of his moves for him!

To make sure his favourite tee shirt is washed and ready each time!

To remember where he left the car in the car park!

I could go on but I think there is a picture emerging:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ALL THIS I GLADLY DO SO THAT I GET TO SLEEP ON THE LONG DRIVE HOME AFTER A GREAT NIGHTS DANCING:kiss:

Minnie M
6th-November-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by thewacko
Ok so someone mentioned it, nobody dare start it so here goes:

well for starters as much as I love ceroc, I dont think I could do it with men, even if I do come from the era of the Solo Bop where men used to make a circle aound the dance floor and make complete idiots of themselves in the middle.

secondly: women are there to make the man look good on the dance floor. Without the women looking good us poor mortal men can only look like prancing idiots.

Thirdly, hey whats the use of legalised flirting if there are no women to flirt with.:devil:

So come on then let the flak begin, or is this the start of a very interesting thread:what:

Hi 'thewacko'
I can see why you have such a name AND have you met Andy McGrester

I think you should never dance with a woman (a real one) again, just ask Andy to dance, especially when he is wearing the gear in his avatar :wink:

spindr
7th-November-2003, 01:14 AM
Surely the ladies specialities (aside from the obvious) are:
1). wiggling
2). hip movement

In general (kilted menfolk aside) skills the men aren't reknowned for.

Neil

Daisy
7th-November-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by spindr
Surely the ladies specialities (aside from the obvious) are:
1). wiggling
2). hip movement

In general (kilted menfolk aside) skills the men aren't reknowned for.

Neil

OOOOh......you can't have seen David Rokov dancing then. Now there is a man who CAN wiggle his hips! :yum:

ChrisA
7th-November-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Daisy
OOOOh......you can't have seen David Rokov dancing then. Now there is a man who CAN wiggle his hips! :yum:
You want to be v e r y careful with David, girls. Rumour has it you can get pregnant just dancing with him :really: :really:

Dance with me instead... much safer... :D :D

Though I spose if you're dancing with David, I can dance with Val... :waycool: :waycool:

On second thoughts, dance with him as much as you like... :wink:

Chris

Daisy
7th-November-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by ChrisA
You want to be v e r y careful with David, girls. Rumour has it you can get pregnant just dancing with him :really: :really:

Dance with me instead... much safer... :D :D

Though I spose if you're dancing with David, I can dance with Val... :waycool: :waycool:

On second thoughts, dance with him as much as you like... :wink:

Chris

Have I ever danced with you Chris? I'm not sure if I know who you are yet.

It's Ok.....I'm immune to David R but it is interesting to watch.

ChrisA
7th-November-2003, 02:02 AM
Have I ever danced with you Chris? I'm not sure if I know who you are yet.
No, I haven't had that pleasure... met you briefly on the way out of Hipsters a couple of weeks back; you were clutching your trophy laminated photos.

It's Ok.....I'm immune to David R but it is interesting to watch.
An interesting definition of "interesting" i hadn't come across.

I guess I'm just jealous :devil: :waycool: :wink: :tears:

Chris

Rachel
7th-November-2003, 10:23 AM
I like most of these reasons best. HOWEVER.......

In my...or should I say 'our' case (thats him and me) its the following:-

To find the way to the dance venue in the first place!

To remember to pack the dance bag!

To order the tickets or book us into various dance events, months in advance!

To wake him up so he can get ready to go dancing on time!

To remember most of his moves for him!

To make sure his favourite tee shirt is washed and ready each time!

To remember where he left the car in the car park!

I could go on but I think there is a picture emerging:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ALL THIS I GLADLY DO SO THAT I GET TO SLEEP ON THE LONG DRIVE HOME AFTER A GREAT NIGHTS DANCING:kiss: Oh that's all so so true!! And I also do the sleeping in the car on the way home.

Every time we leave the house, I have to run through this checklist - 'have you got your dance shoes, glasses, watch, .....'

And everytime we leave a venue, and I mean every time, without fail, I hear, 'I've lost the car keys ... Oh no, I've lost my glasses'. And, of course, they're always in the bottom of the bag ...

Men!! But we love 'em really. And love the dances they give us. They're also particularly brilliant at getting spiders out of the bath, and letting you warm your ice-cold feet up on them.
R.

Graham
7th-November-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
They're also particularly brilliant at getting spiders out of the bath, and letting you warm your ice-cold feet up on them. :confused: How do you warm your feet up on spiders from the bath? :confused: :wink:

Chris
7th-November-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Graham
:confused: How do you warm your feet up on spiders from the bath? :confused: :wink:
:rofl: :rofl:

DavidB
7th-November-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Graham
How do you warm your feet up on spiders from the bath? When they are this size, you might be able to...

(On second thoughts - I'll post the link (http://www.extremescience.com/goliathspider.jpg) to the picture.

It is NOT faked - they really are this big)

TheTramp
7th-November-2003, 01:06 PM
ACK!!

David. That's such a mean photo to post. I've gone all shivery now :tears:

Steve

Rachel
7th-November-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
When they are this size, you might be able to...

(On second thoughts - I'll post the link (http://www.extremescience.com/goliathspider.jpg) to the picture.

It is NOT faked - they really are this big) I'm so glad you had a second thought!

Daisy
7th-November-2003, 03:55 PM
Rachel...do you think Marc and Ray might be related? They are exhibiting quite a few similar tendencies!

Nah.....it's just men in general.
Do you see how cleverly we've managed to turn this thread around to be about men again.:rofl: :cheers:

Chris, I'm sorry I do remember you now. We must have that dance....maybe tonight at Bisley, Claire tells me you are giving her a lift.

Wasn't that nice of Nigel to laminate those photos for us. Thanks Nigel:kiss:

thewacko
12th-November-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M
Hi 'thewacko'
I can see why you have such a name AND have you met Andy McGrester

I think you should never dance with a woman (a real one) again, just ask Andy to dance, especially when he is wearing the gear in his avatar :wink:

lets get this straight, I have not met andy, am not related to andy and as for dancing with him:wink: now that would be an interesting idea

:devil: kelly and dan if your watching I have a great idea for your next charity night:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cheers:

Bill
17th-November-2003, 11:21 AM
Women are there to make us feel complete and to smile even when we balls up yet another move :D

We can of course dance with other men and that can be fun ( there are some excellent leaders and followers amongst the men up here) but it's somehow just not the same :na:

Mary
17th-November-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
When they are this size, you might be able to...

It is NOT faked - they really are this big)

Aaargh. I hate spiders!! I once stood on a massive hunter spider with my bare foot in the bathroom - that woke me up. I can still feel it now - euch!

M

Chris
18th-November-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Mary
Aaargh. I hate spiders!! I once stood on a massive hunter spider with my bare foot in the bathroom - that woke me up. I can still feel it now - euch!
M

I don't mind ordinary spiders but tarantulas, next to crocodiles, are the scariest looking creatures I've ever seen! Only seen one live out in the far east - eugh! Give me a domestic python any day!
:nice:

Tazmanian Devil
19th-November-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Bill
Women are there to make us feel complete and to smile even when we balls up yet another move :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Originally posted by Bill
We can of course dance with other men and that can be fun ( there are some excellent leaders and followers amongst the men up here) but it's somehow just not the same :na: Oh I dont know there was a couple of guys dancing together at camber both Very good dancers and I personally thought it was great. If us girls can dance together then why cant the guys:confused: Or is that a new thread all together? :kiss: :hug:

Chris
19th-November-2003, 02:06 AM
How about a 'battle of the sexes' section at one of the comps?
:wink: :waycool: :devil: :cheers: :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
19th-November-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Chris
How about a 'battle of the sexes' section at one of the comps?
:wink: :waycool: :devil: :cheers: :rofl:

Now that would be fun!! I would definately be up for that!!:wink:

bigdjiver
19th-November-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Tazmanian Devil
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oh I dont know there was a couple of guys dancing together at camber both Very good dancers and I personally thought it was great. If us girls can dance together then why cant the guys:confused: Or is that a new thread all together? :kiss: :hug:

I was at a dance at St Albans, and persuaded a beautiful girl, who was a superb dancer, onto the floor. That was going to be the highlight of my evening. Instead Joseph led two guys into the best freestyle doubles I had ever seen, right next to us. We became two spectators doing beginner moves.

OTOH there were a pair of guys at the Ceroc Champs doing a blantantly gay routine. Great fun, bot the macho image that some of us are seeking. I heard that they had picked up a lot of bookings before the event even finished. If the media had been there they probably would have pounced on this, for better or worse.

Tazmanian Devil
22nd-November-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by bigdjiver
I was at a dance at St Albans, and persuaded a beautiful girl, who was a superb dancer, onto the floor. That was going to be the highlight of my evening. Instead Joseph led two guys into the best freestyle doubles I had ever seen, right next to us. We became two spectators doing beginner moves.

Now that was just bad luck mate!! :wink: I do hope you asked this beautiful girl to dance again, But away from the fantastic threesome. ;)

Originally posted by bigdjiver
OTOH there were a pair of guys at the Ceroc Champs doing a blantantly gay routine. Great fun, bot the macho image that some of us are seeking. I heard that they had picked up a lot of bookings before the event even finished. If the media had been there they probably would have pounced on this, for better or worse.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bigdjiver
22nd-November-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Tazmanian Devil
Now that was just bad luck mate!! :wink: I do hope you asked this beautiful girl to dance again, But away from the fantastic threesome. ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Think about it, I had just spent about three minutes ignoring her and looking at three guys instead. :tears:

Chris
22nd-November-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by thewacko

I thought it was so women could practice being psychic - which they're good at anyway - and men can practice getting it wrong - which we're also good at
:wink: :wink: :wink: