PDA

View Full Version : Summer Hummer Boston 08 - event review and results!

Caro
25th-August-2008, 04:05 AM
Not much time right now but since I've been asked already I'm going to post the results quickly - it was an awesome event and as is now usual (!) the Brits and French took many placements in the various comps!!!!

Pro-Am:
- Novice: Gold for Smiley Sue, Peter F, Amy M
- Int/Advanced: Gold for Graham Fox and me !

Novice/Int strictly:
- 3rd for Emie and Kofi (the French!)
- 2nd for Steve H and Sue

Int JnJ:
- 5th for Steve H

Novice JnJ:
- 5th for Mike R
- 3rd for Carron and Kofi
- 2nd for me
- 1st for Graham Fox

Also Peter, Amy and Emie made finals

Peter and Amy came 2nd in Rising star (routines)

Paul W won advanced JnJ and got 3rd in Strictly
Cat made advanced JnJ finals
Rachel McEnaney placed 5th in Allstars :respect:

I've probably forgotten stuff - sorry !

Full review later on when we get back.

Summer Hummer rocks!!!!

Reet Petite
25th-August-2008, 06:11 AM
Congratulations everyone....fantastic results, well worth getting up early to read on a Bank Holiday :wink:, now back to :sleep:...bet you guys won't be though :worthy:
Mxx

DS87
25th-August-2008, 09:27 AM
Awesome news :clap: Congratulations to everyone :respect:

Steve

robd
25th-August-2008, 11:43 AM
Well done everyone, the benefits to people of getting across there regularly certainly seem to be becoming apparent now.

Minnie M
25th-August-2008, 11:56 AM
Well done everyone, the benefits to people of getting across there regularly certainly seem to be becoming apparent now.

:yeah:
So true - wish I could afford it :tears: I am saving to go next year

Well done to all :respect:

mikeyr
25th-August-2008, 01:31 PM
Its 8am and I think I will be the first to surface as I am the only one who didnt party into the early hours of this morning as I have anthor 5 of these to do in the next 6 weeks!

I am not gonna a full review of this right now, all that smiling whilst doing my triple steps has left me drained:eyebrow: I'll do that later from the airport when I have time.

Well certainly for me Boston was a good place to start my tour, Its only 6 hrs from home, the locals are very welcoming, if you think you guys party hard at southport........ Seriously, judging by the number of stretcher cases going past me here in the hotel lobby this morning, this lot are truly HARD CORE:banghead::banghead:

SUMMER HUMMER : "The pool Party" :lol:US WCS stars as youve never seen them, I am sure some of this will be on youtube already check it out!

CONGRATULATIONS!! to everyone who came over. I dont think there was anyone who didnt place Somwhere in something The novice J & J, the Yanks only managed one in the top 5. The Euro All-Stars (Amy + Peter are honourary Brits now) took the place by storm on the comp floor, the dance floor and on the serious partying front. British WCS is on the map here now for sure!

Anyway from here a few of us are off to Dallas for the Dallas Dance next weekend, so stay tuned for further exploits!!

FoxyFunkster
26th-August-2008, 01:59 PM
Not much time right now but since I've been asked already I'm going to post the results quickly - it was an awesome event and as is now usual (!) the Brits and French took many placements in the various comps!!!!

Pro-Am:
- Novice: Gold for Smiley Sue, Peter F, Amy M
- Int/Advanced: Gold for Graham Fox and me !

Novice/Int strictly:
- 3rd for Emie and Kofi (the French!)
- 2nd for Steve H and Sue

Int JnJ:
- 5th for Steve H

Novice JnJ:
- 5th for Mike R
- 3rd for Carron and Kofi
- 2nd for me
- 1st for Graham Fox

Also Peter, Amy and Emie made finals

Peter and Amy came 2nd in Rising star (routines)

Paul W won advanced JnJ and got 3rd in Strictly
Cat made advanced JnJ finals
Rachel McEnaney placed 5th in Allstars :respect:

I've probably forgotten stuff - sorry !

Full review later on when we get back.

Summer Hummer rocks!!!!

Probably the biggest and best thing to happen in terms of exposure for the UK WCS scene at Summer Hummer was the fact that the UK had their first Participant in a champions strictly swing contest in the form of Catriona Wiles who competed with Robert Cordoba and they went down a storm!
Robert Royston made numerous positive references to the UK WCS scene throughout the event commenting on just how strong it is becoming..........as Robert said.......Watch this space

Rhythm King
26th-August-2008, 02:35 PM
Robert Royston made numerous positive references to the UK WCS scene throughout the event commenting on just how strong it is becoming..........as Robert said.......Watch this space

Which begs the question, how long before they start coming over here and winning our comps? :devil: But seriously, well done everybody and good luck in Dallas :clap:

Freudian Hips
27th-August-2008, 10:11 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Well done everyone
:respect:

johnnyman
27th-August-2008, 11:26 AM
I feel so honoured that we are doing so well in the States. I am thrilled to be part of Dallas from tomorrow. Everything's booked. Just looking forward to meeting up with fellow dancers and participating in my fourth Jack and Jill competition (2 at Weston, 1 at BBTB)

Best of luck to those competing as well and hope to catch you during the course of the weekend.

best
johnnyman

Reet Petite
27th-August-2008, 07:43 PM
Good luck to 'Team GB' in Dallas this weekend....hope you all have a fantastic time and do us proud yet again :respect: (A resume of results early on Monday morning would be much appreciated Caro...if you're there that is!?)
Mxx

Limpy Tink
28th-August-2008, 12:16 AM
Fab results :respect: - well done all of you and good luck in Dallas, keep up the good work!

Caro
28th-August-2008, 04:10 AM
Good luck to 'Team GB' in Dallas this weekend....hope you all have a fantastic time and do us proud yet again :respect: (A resume of results early on Monday morning would be much appreciated Caro...if you're there that is!?)
Mxx

I'll do my best ! But I'm only relying on computers in the hotels lobby so it will depend on what facilities we have in Dallas ! We're off tomorrow anyway, hopefully we'll do just as well or better than in Boston ;)

Thanks for the encouragements all :friend:

mikeyr
29th-August-2008, 12:12 AM
I'll do my best ! But I'm only relying on computers in the hotels lobby so it will depend on what facilities we have in Dallas ! We're off tomorrow anyway, hopefully we'll do just as well or better than in Boston ;)

Thanks for the encouragements all :friend:

Carron and i just got in to the Dallas Fairmont, so team GB is all here, we're looking forward to a good showing. However this is a massive event over 2000 people are expected to be here, so we'll see. theres no free internet access but fellow forumite Mario Robau Jr has graciouly allowed me to use his connection, so I will endevour to keep you all updated.

Mario sends his regards to everyone there and to say looking forward seeing you all when he's over in Nov:flower:

Reet Petite
29th-August-2008, 08:30 AM
Carron and i just got in to the Dallas Fairmont, so team GB is all here, we're looking forward to a good showing. However this is a massive event over 2000 people are expected to be here, so we'll see. theres no free internet access but fellow forumite Mario Robau Jr has graciouly allowed me to use his connection, so I will endevour to keep you all updated.

Mario sends his regards to everyone there and to say looking forward seeing you all when he's over in Nov:flower:

Hugs n' kisses back to Mario...everyone's looking forward to his visit :hug: Hope you're all in fine competitive form...good luck to the team :clap::clap:
Speak lata Mxxx

mikeyr
29th-August-2008, 03:49 PM
Hugs n' kisses back to Mario...everyone's looking forward to his visit :hug: Hope you're all in fine competitive form...good luck to the team :clap::clap:
Speak lata Mxxx

Finally got an internet connection so will now be able to keep you informed:D

mikeyr
1st-September-2008, 11:03 PM
Finally got an internet connection so will now be able to keep you informed:D

Had to leave Dallas for Houston before the awards because Hurricane Gustav was heading our way.

Just Heard the results, literally just now!

A big :respect::respect::cheers: to Caro who placed 2nd and has also qualified for AANCE tour finals in Jan next year. More than likely Caro will move up to intermedite now.:clap:

I placed 8th and also qualified for AANCE tour finals J &J to add to my place for strictly swing.

I now get a week off before Heading up to buffalo for swing Niagara then straight on to Portland, St Louis then home to pick up clean pants then back to the US for Boogie by the bay:na:

rubyred
1st-September-2008, 11:15 PM
Had to leave Dallas for Houston before the awards because Hurricane Gustav was heading our way.

A big :respect::respect::cheers: to Caro who placed 2nd and has also qualified for AANCE tour finals in Jan next year. More than likely Caro will move up to intermedite now.:clap:

I placed 8th and also qualified for AANCE tour finals J &J to add to my place for strictly swing.

:clap:Huge congratulations to you mickyr and Caro on your success, and keep safe from Hurricane Gustav. :flower:

Caro
3rd-September-2008, 06:33 PM
Right - time for a proper (but short!) review now :)

Summer Hummer is, I think, my favourite US event so far. (I've been 2 years in a row now).

Despite the hotel being a little isolated, the dance on thursday being at a different venue and no late night dancing on sunday. (And the fuss we had to make this year to be allowed to dance novice :rolleyes: ).

It's just a question of atmosphere. Everybody is so relaxed. Late night dancing is fab, and most if not all the pros are around. The pool party so much fun. And so many workshops to do (3 running at the same time - eventhough I chose late, late night dancing and sleeping instead). Fun party with Bill on the sunday night, including ice cube fights ;) . One of the best line-up of pros you'll see.
The standard of dancing has nothing to envy a west coast event either, yet it is still slightly smaller (800 peeps I think?) so it is easier to find your friends in the crowd :grin:
Pros get to chose their second song in the JnJ, which tends to guarantee a hell of a show.

Plus this year with so many Brits and French and so much successes in comps, we were all on a little cloud.

I love it love it love it. I'll be back next year again :clap: