PDA

View Full Version : PARTY THIS SATURDAY (8th) !

Lindsay
5th-November-2003, 04:53 PM
In case you hadn't heard...
Party this Saturday @ Marco's

*Amir Giles & Tas style class @ 8pm - not to be missed!
*Cabaret @ 10pm featuring Amir & Tas, The Blues Sisters, and Trampy & Hayley
*Music by DD, Dr F and Gilbert

Hope to see you there.... :nice:

Daphne
5th-November-2003, 10:14 PM
We'll see you there :cheers:

R x

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
6th-November-2003, 11:53 AM
:kiss: Unfortunately I can't go during the day due to still requiring a male dance partner but I am definitely going at night.
I have heard a lot about Amir from my dance buddies in London - an event not to be missed.

Hope to see loads of you there at the party.

Boomer
6th-November-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Siobhan
:kiss: Unfortunately I can't go during the day due to still requiring a male dance partner but I am definitely going at night.
I have heard a lot about Amir from my dance buddies in London - an event not to be missed.

:sad: That really is a shame, Amir is something else (in a good way). Come on gentlemen, not only do you get to help someone out, you get to do it at one of Amir's workshops. I'd go if I could, but Ed-s a bit too far.

Gbear
6th-November-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Lindsay
In case you hadn't heard...
Party this Saturday @ Marco's

*Amir Giles & Tas style class @ 8pm - not to be missed!
*Cabaret @ 10pm featuring Amir & Tas, The Blues Sisters, and Trampy & Hayley
*Music by DD, Dr F and Gilbert

Hope to see you there.... :nice:

Got handed a leaflet for this last week at Marcos. Looks good

I normally go to the Glasgow party but given that I live in between either is easy.

Which is the best to go to ???

Gbear

Aleks
6th-November-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Gbear
Which is the best to go to ???

That's for you to decide, but Glasgow parties are every month.....Boogienights is only half a dozen times a year.

Franck
6th-November-2003, 01:14 PM

I normally go to the Glasgow party but given that I live in between either is easy.

Which is the best to go to ???I expect both will be brilliant dance nights, so it comes down to what's easiest / most convenient for you...

I wish I could have gone to both myself :nice:

Franck.

Scot
6th-November-2003, 02:07 PM

Which is the best to go to ??? Well despite the fact that I appear to be advertising these events I suspect I will go to Glasgow. But then I guess that would be expected of me anyway.:grin:

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
6th-November-2003, 05:12 PM
There is no question about it....
Boogienights have several parties as do ceroc and both are superb....
But the question must then be asked
.....how many times does Amir Giles come from overseas to give you a class at a Party??

Where to go - only one answer. Wherever Amir Giles is going surely!!

:kiss:

Dance Demon
6th-November-2003, 05:29 PM
Well. it is a hard choice, and I would normally be heading along the M8 to Weegieville for the Ceroc party, ........but since I am DJing at the Boogienights bash, Marcos it is for me.....:D ..but I'll definately be at the beach ballroom on the 22nd:waycool:

michael
6th-November-2003, 06:36 PM
I know a lot of females that cant go because of the shortage of men. If i could not go for the opposite reason then i would certainly be willing to pay to just watch and listen!!!! Reduced price obviously but it is a thought....suggestion.....

As for which is best i dont know since i have never been to a Boogienights Dance so this will be first time. Well done to Boggienights for organising the event, getting a top dancer for a workshop is great news for all dancers and organisations. Extremely cheap as well:waycool:

Glasgow and Edinburgh Dances both have appeal for different reasons. One noticeable difference if you happen to be female, is that in Edinburgh, if you sit waiting to get asked to dance you may not get too many dances. Females at Edinburgh dances are far more forward or keen to ask the guys :wink: Guys coming through from Glasgow better be fit cause you dont get a chance to sit down and refusing a female a request to dance must surely be the worst thing you could do:devil: life is too short to refuse a dance:D :D

I do hope both events are well attended :cheers:

Daphne
7th-November-2003, 01:03 AM
I am looking forward to the Amir Giles day, and think it is wonderful that we have the chance to be taught by some high calibre teahers north of the border. No disrespect to any teachers we have already, but it is nice to get something more challenging than ceroc, and ceroc is pitched at a very basic level isn't it?
It's a shame it is on the same eve. with Glasgow party but there seems to be dancing on every weekend at the moment so it's hard not to clash I'd imagine.

Gbear
7th-November-2003, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the info

I guess I will go to Edinburgh but I do feel a small bit of guilt if it were not for a Wednesday in Glasgow I would not even be dancing.

Gbear:blush: