PDA

View Full Version : The REAL reason women love Ceroc

Neil
4th-November-2003, 06:12 PM
http://www.nature.com/nsu/030527/030527-2.html

"Ladies! Looking for a way to relax? Then try sniffing a man's underarm. New research shows that armpit sweat calms female volunteers."

:devil:

Heather
4th-November-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Neil
http://www.nature.com/nsu/030527/030527-2.html

"Ladies! Looking for a way to relax? Then try sniffing a man's underarm. New research shows that armpit sweat calms female volunteers."

:devil:

As we Dundonians would say:

'Wanno hayvir yi lehin get'.

translated as:
' Be off with you, and stop telling a story which is hard to believe, you lie telling bad person.'

:hug:
Heather.

Neil
4th-November-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Heather
'Wanno hayvir yi lehin get'. Hey, Heather, I hope you're not calling me a lehin get. I'm just the messenger, relaying this extremely important scientific research. It's been published in a reputable journal, so it must be true :wink: )

:kiss:

Neil

Dance Demon
4th-November-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Neil
It's been published in a reputable journal, so it must be true :wink: )

Neil

Wow...was it in the SUN..too...:wink:

Chris
4th-November-2003, 09:55 PM
Curiously enough, I had this discussion with my chalet mates one year at Cambers. One of the guys said that he never used deodorant and that, as long as you were washed, that was more attractive to women.

The rest of us resisted his theory, but come 10.30pm (that witching hour when you have finished off the wine from your evening meal and it's time to put your gladrags on) I was last to leave and thought, should I test it before I have my evening shower?

I went to the ballroom for an hour and was gobsmacked by the number of very attractive women who made beelines for me:really: but after 3/4 of an hour, although they seemed quite happy, I took myself back to the chalet for my (probably third one of the day) shower.

My feeling was that even if women feel more comfy with all these male pheremones floating about, I feel more confident with washing them off and adding large amounts of after shave / cologne:blush:

Forte
4th-November-2003, 10:46 PM
We are talking natural odour here and sweat that is less than a day old...(so it doesn't get out of hand, guys!!) but iI agree that it is a well proven fact that no matter how intellectual or sophisticated our lives become we all still have a bit of the primal in us and smell is an intrinsic part of choosing a mate.
If you are in love with someone you definitely feel calmer around them and you can tell them apart from someone else even when blindfold. New born babies recognise their mothers by smell, too.
I have been in love and crazy about someone's ...what word can I use that doesn't sound weird??!! smell? odour? pheremones?? And he was the same with me...men often smell a woman's neck, hair etc and "breathe them in"...it's natural and bonding...:grin:

Forte
4th-November-2003, 10:50 PM
Oh and P.S. when in love with someone and he is away for a night I have been known to wear his T shirt or jumper or whatever to bed just so I can feel close to him...one that is clean obviously and maybe has been worn just once (NOT to ceroc...ugg!!) so it still has a touching whiff of him...:grin:

Boomer
5th-November-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Forte
...And he was the same with me...men often smell a woman's neck, hair etc and "breathe them in"...it's natural and bonding...:grin:

Absolutely, music may tame the beast, but a lover's scent soothes him.

Lory
5th-November-2003, 09:31 AM
Fresh perspiration doesn't smell horrible, its only when it been there for a while it starts to honk, the worst mistake people make, is having a wash, deodorising, then putting on an item of clothing that has been previously worn, as soon as fresh sweat hits it, its unbearable.
P.s. sweaty baby smell is positively addictive

Emma
5th-November-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Heather
' Be off with you, and stop telling a story which is hard to believe, you lie telling bad person.' :rofl:

John S
5th-November-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Forte
we all still have a bit of the primal in us and smell is an intrinsic part of choosing a mate.
If you are in love with someone you definitely feel calmer around them and you can tell them apart from someone else even when blindfold.
I won't ask why Forte was blindfold at the time.:rolleyes:

However, I agree - the scent of your mate is part of the bonding process. However, the downside is that the scent of someone who is NOT your mate may have quite the opposite effect!

And as some people have a much more acute sense of smell than others, and may react badly to strong perfume or aftershave, it's probably safer to try to stay as neutral as possible on the dance floor.

Now..... where did I put that Jeyes Fluid????

Forte
5th-November-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by John S
I won't ask why Forte was blindfold at the time.:rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: and I won't answer!:wink: :devil: :yum: