PDA

View Full Version : Where's it all happening????

Bardsey
4th-November-2003, 04:58 PM
Hi

If anyone has any events, either weekend ones or just monthly dances or something, can they let me know? I always seem to miss things on Events for some reason.

I'm in Leeds and I'd really like to get about a bit, see what goes on in other areas and of course, meet some of the people I've met on the Forum (and dance, of course!)

:cheers:

Dreadful Scathe
4th-November-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
Hi

If anyone has any events, either weekend ones or just monthly dances or something, can they let me know? I always seem to miss things on Events for some reason.

Boogie nights party this Saturday night - get there, book a train, hire a car, skateboard, anything - just get there :)

Bardsey
4th-November-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Boogie nights party this Saturday night - get there, book a train, hire a car, skateboard, anything - just get there :)

yes, but WHERE???? England, Scotland, Outer Mongolia???

TheTramp
4th-November-2003, 05:54 PM
yes, but WHERE???? England, Scotland, Outer Mongolia??? Outer Mongolia I think :D

Steve

Dance Demon
4th-November-2003, 07:35 PM
yes, but WHERE???? England, Scotland, Outer Mongolia???

You'll find all the info on the Amir Giles workshop thread in social events Bardsey. think all the single lady spaces on the workshop are taken, but party's pay at the door........should be a good bash, some fab Djs playing:D :D :D

RoyBoy
4th-November-2003, 07:37 PM
Where's it all happening????

Boogienights in Edinburgh this Saturday. Workshop with Amir & Tez followed by party on Saturday night.

Following weekend Camber – there’s something about it on the forum somewhere !!. Getting a teensie weensie wee bit exited already.

Following weekend Rock Bottoms, Brighton, should be a real blast.

29th November Gus is having a workshop by Amir at Northwich. Recommend you fire up the skate board and get across for that.

Life just gets better and better.

Chris
4th-November-2003, 07:59 PM
Does anyone know of a regularly updated list with most stuff on it? John Sweeney's site still seems more comprehensive for events listings than any other, and non-partisan, but doing the sort of email updates he used to is obviously time consuming. Then there's Linda's list and some of the more regional or local ones. Often it seems to be word of mouth - which is nice in a way, though not so good for organisers or people trying to find out about things from scratch.

Maybe the fun of the hunt for dance nights still plays a part - and there's nothing more wonderful than suddenly meeting one of your favourite dancers (or dance friends or dance buddies) who you only get to see occasionally, whether building up to it or by surprise. (Exquisite two dances with a certain forum member on saturday - thank you - so delicate - like leading hands that were made of soft silk):wink: :cheers:

Forte
4th-November-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by RoyBoy
Boogienights in Edinburgh this Saturday. Workshop with Amir & Tez followed by party on Saturday night.

Following weekend Camber – there’s something about it on the forum somewhere !!. Getting a teensie weensie wee bit exited already.

Following weekend Rock Bottoms, Brighton, should be a real blast.

29th November Gus is having a workshop by Amir at Northwich. Recommend you fire up the skate board and get across for that.

Roy - you are coming up for Amir Giles this Saturday? Hurray!!!:cheers: :hug:

Tazmanian Devil
5th-November-2003, 12:59 AM

Is that all I cant wait!! counting the days. :kiss: :hug:

Twinkle Toes
5th-November-2003, 02:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RoyBoy
.... Following weekend Rock Bottoms, Brighton, should be a real blast.

Excuse me traitor, you have obviously been down south for too long .............

November 22nd .... ABERDEEN BEACH BALLROOM

... thank you very much !!!!

TT

Tiggerbabe
5th-November-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes
Excuse me traitor, you have obviously been down south for too long .............

November 22nd .... ABERDEEN BEACH BALLROOM

... thank you very much !!!!

TT

Well said that girl! Workshops to be had all that weekend as well as the best party EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone not going to Edinburgh this weekend

CEROC GLASGOW - SATURDAY NIGHT PARTY - HENRY WOOD HALL

Bardsey
5th-November-2003, 04:10 PM

That could be a possibility.

Any places left for single ladies, Gus????

DavidY
5th-November-2003, 04:23 PM
Any places left for single ladies, Gus????
Drat - I would have liked to go too, but just checked my diary and I have to be elsewhere that afternoon.:tears: :tears:

Franck
5th-November-2003, 06:04 PM
Hi

If anyone has any events, either weekend ones or just monthly dances or something, can they let me know? I always seem to miss things on Events for some reason. :cheers: Hey Bardsey,

Just to add to all the above, Ceroc is having many parties over the next few weeks in Scotland.

• Starting this Saturday (8th November) in Glasgow, in the fantastic Henry Wood Hall, 73 Claremont Street (click here for a map) (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=257500&Y=666000&width=500&height=300&client=public&gride=257399&gridn=665968&keepicon=true&coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&scale=10000) from 8.00pm 'til 1.00am.

• Saturday 22nd (8.00pm until 2.00am) and Sunday 23rd November in Aberdeen, a week-end of style and non-stop dancing in the Beach Ballroom, the best sprung floor in the UK, with the Jive Aces Swing Band playing live. Completely unmissable.
(More details on this page :nice: ) (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1647)

• Saturday 29th November (8.00pm 'til 1.00am) The monthly party in Edinburgh at Marco's, 55 Grove Street (Click here for a map) (http://uk2.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=M6MAC&GridE=324433&GridN=673050&width=700&db=ap&addr1=Marco+Leisure+Centre,++55&addr2=Grove+Street&addr3=Edinburgh&pc=EH3+8AB&SUBMIT=Search+Again&height=400&client=M6MAC)

December will see many parties around Christmas and New Year.

• Tuesday 16th December: To launch our new Glasgow venue, we will have a big party. The venue will be confirmed very soon :D

• Friday 19th December (8.00pm 'til 1.00am): Ceroc Scotland Christmas party in a new hall: The Victoria Hall, Dunblane (just 5 minutes from Stirling). With Crackers, fun class, mince pies and Christmas spirit, this will be the best party to get you in the mood for the holidays.

• Tuesday 23rd December, Aberdeen. Last night before Christmas, so we're having a party in Culter Mills Club, Cairn Road (click here for a map) (http://www.multimap.co.uk/clients/browse.cgi?X=385000&Y=800000&gride=384314&gridn=800733&width=700&height=400&client=M6MAC&db=pc&scale=100000&scale=100000&out.x=13&out.y=16) . Later opening and 'Sparkles' theme to bring Christmas in Style.

• Saturday 27th December (8.00pm 'til 1.00am) Edinburgh's pre-Hogmanay Ceroc Party, in Marco's, 55 Grove Street (Click here for a map) (http://uk2.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=M6MAC&GridE=324433&GridN=673050&width=700&db=ap&addr1=Marco+Leisure+Centre,++55&addr2=Grove+Street&addr3=Edinburgh&pc=EH3+8AB&SUBMIT=Search+Again&height=400&client=M6MAC)

More dancing to do in January of course...

I hope this helps, and look forward to seeing you in Scotland very soon! :cheers:

Franck.

TheTramp
5th-November-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Franck
• Friday 19th December (8.00pm 'til 1.00am): Ceroc Scotland Christmas party in a new hall: The Victoria Hall, Dunblane (just 5 minutes from Stirling). With Crackers, fun class, mince pies and Christmas spirit, this will be the best party to get you in the mood for the holidays. [/B]Which is of course my birthday. So I expect to see you all there (without exception) to celebrate it with me :D

Steve

Dance Demon
5th-November-2003, 06:35 PM
Sory Steve....route 66 Christmas party that night.....:wink:

TheTramp
5th-November-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Sory Steve....route 66 Christmas party that night.....:wink: Ack. Bugger :tears:

Steve

Forte
5th-November-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Which is of course my birthday. So I expect to see you all there (without exception) to celebrate it with me :D

Steve

I will just be back from a two day school trip to London with 50 of the little blighters so if I am still alive...save a dance for me oh advanced one...:grin:

Bardsey
6th-November-2003, 01:09 PM
I hope this helps, and look forward to seeing you in Scotland very soon! :cheers:

Franck. :cheers: Franck that's brill. I'm sure you will see me very soon, hopefully in December as I have my works "do" on 22 Nov and Forte (who has very kindly offered to put me up) is busy on 29th Nov, so that's a no go unfortunately.

Franck
6th-November-2003, 01:20 PM
:cheers: Franck that's brill. I'm sure you will see me very soon, hopefully in December I also need to add that we're having a party in Aberdeen (regular Culter venue) on Tuesday 23rd December as this will be the last one before Christmas!

Franck.

SwingSwingSwing
6th-November-2003, 02:12 PM

December will see many parties around Christmas and New Year.

• Tuesday 16th December: To launch our new Glasgow venue, we will have a big party. The venue will be confirmed very soon :D

• Friday 19th December (8.00pm 'til 1.00am): Ceroc Scotland Christmas party in a new hall: The Victoria Hall, Dunblane (just 5 minutes from Stirling). With Crackers, fun class, mince pies and Christmas spirit, this will be the best party to get you in the mood for the holidays.Franck

A couple of questions...
Does this new Glasgow venue on a Tuesday mean that the Stirling venue won't be happening?

Is there no "regular" Glasgow party in December ie on the Saturday 13th?
Usually ESDS dance nights clash with Glasgow Ceroc parties but in December the ESDS night is on a week earlier so I was going to go to Glasgow on the 13th but can't find any mention of it.

Cheers

SwingSwingSwing

Franck
6th-November-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by SwingSwingSwing
A couple of questions...
Does this new Glasgow venue on a Tuesday mean that the Stirling venue won't be happening?Nope, quite the reverse. I have finally found a venue and Stirling will be opening in January! Every Wednesday night. As soon as I have confirmed the opening date (21st or 28th) I'll post full details.

Is there no "regular" Glasgow party in December ie on the Saturday 13th? Sorry, the Henry Wood Hall is completely booked in December for the next few years, so had to make other arrangements... :nice:

Christmas parties will be on the 16th in Glasgow's new venue, 19th December in Dunblane, 23rd in Aberdeen and 27th in Edinburgh. :cheers:

Franck.

Boomer
18th-December-2003, 11:09 AM
I’ve heard the ‘100Club’ mentioned a few times on the forum and wondered if this is the same venue from my chubby youth. Namely, is this the place on Oxford Street, downstairs, with a dance-floor the size of a postage stamp? If so, is it any good…actually, is it any good regardless? Oh, and when are the dance nights?

Bill
18th-December-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
I’ve heard the ‘100Club’ mentioned a few times on the forum and wondered if this is the same venue from my chubby youth. Namely, is this the place on Oxford Street, downstairs, with a dance-floor the size of a postage stamp? If so, is it any good…actually, is it any good regardless? Oh, and when are the dance nights?

Thaty sounds like it. Danced there a couple of years ago to a really good band and though little space it was a fun night and some friendly jivers :na:

cerocmetro
18th-December-2003, 06:33 PM
Forgot to mention we have a Freestyle this saturday. Slightly different from normal, its FREE :cheers: b4 9pm

The Wolsey Hall
Windmill Lane
Cheshunt
Herts

8pm midnight

2 minutes from junction 25 of the M25

Special discount to forum members, you get it half price:rofl:

Adam