PDA

View Full Version : The worst film I ever saw....

Lory
1st-November-2003, 11:12 AM
I went to the cinema last night and saw the WORST film ever!!!
'KILL BILL' I seriously would have walked out after the first 10 minutes but we were with friends, so I had to sit through it....when the lights came up at the end, I asked what did you think of that then, they both replied, they hated it and would have walked out if it wasn't for us! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:tears:

Forte
1st-November-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Lory
'KILL BILL' I seriously would have walked out after the first 10 minutes but we were with friends, so I had to sit through it....when the lights came up at the end, I asked what did you think of that then, they both replied, they hated it and would have walked out if it wasn't for us! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:tears:

I lost the will to live and had to be given oxygen after taking my niece to see "Pikachu: The Movie". (She loved it...):what:

horsey_dude
1st-November-2003, 11:31 AM

If you think that is the worst film ever you should watch "The Doom Generation". I sat through it with 5 other peple and when we came out it turned out we all wanted to leave but didn't want to be rude and leave the others......

I have met several people who thought Kill Bill was brilliant. I didn't think much of it but my flatmate loved it.

Bardsey
3rd-November-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Forte
I lost the will to live and had to be given oxygen after taking my niece to see "Pikachu: The Movie". (She loved it...):what:

I went to see Finding Neemo last week. It is really good and quite funny. Ellen Degeneres, who is the voice fo the Blue fish was really funny when she was talking to the Whale. Anyone else seen it?

Pammy
3rd-November-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Bardsey
I went to see Finding Neemo last week. It is really good and quite funny. Ellen Degeneres, who is the voice fo the Blue fish was really funny when she was talking to the Whale. Anyone else seen it?

Yes, loved the film. Although somebody on the forum (no names mentioned) keeps calling me Dory (the blue one) :tears: :blush:

Px

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-November-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
keeps calling me Dory (the blue one) :tears: :blush:

hehehe that'll stick probably :) Are you that absemt minded though ?:)

Pammy
3rd-November-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
hehehe that'll stick probably :) Are you that absemt minded though ?:)

Sorry, what were you talking about? :what: :confused: :wink:

Px

Chris
3rd-November-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey

Yes - I really enjoyed it - I generally don't enjoy animations that much but this one kept my attention throughout. This is one you could take the kids to cos it's a film they would enjoy but then realise you can enjoy it just as much as an adult. - Fab film for a family day out but don't be put off if you don't have any kids!

Chris - just back home after a few days and catching up - sorry for going off thread, but it was good - and no annoying Phil Collins songs!:rofl:

Pammy
4th-November-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Chris
and no annoying Phil Collins songs!:rofl:

You are so right!

Px

Dreadful Scathe
4th-November-2003, 10:17 AM

nooo the worst film ever is 'eXistenSe'. Not seen Kill Bill yet but it looks silly. Did see 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' which is cheesy, very comic booky (it is based on one after all) but great fun - saved by some good actors.

Have we done favourite films ? :D

and on topic - its Grrr when people complain about films and are shocked when people disagree with them - of course people will have the opposite view - if theres ever a film that everyone loves its only because its practicing some sort of mind control via sound and vision :) Titanic came close i think, ought to be illegal :)

Pammy
4th-November-2003, 10:23 AM
nooo the worst film ever is 'eXistenSe'.

No No, the worst film ever is called That Thing You Do.

Trust me!

TheTramp
4th-November-2003, 10:23 AM
I hated Titanic....

Actually, to be more accurate. I hated the clips I saw of it (saw so many at the time, that I think I've seen the whole film anyhow) so much, that I never bothered to go see the film itself :na:

Steve

Boomer
4th-November-2003, 10:40 AM
My god you've got to get up early to catch Franck! :grin:

This is likely to be revised, but of the top and middle of my head it is, without doubt (for the moment) that interminable 15 hours of tripe that was/is and shall be the first Harry Potter film. I have never wanted to walk out of a cinema before....until Matrix no2.

Dreadful Scathe
4th-November-2003, 10:46 AM
Anyone seen 'Congo' - technically its an awful film...but its genius in its awfulness. A film you can watch with a few beers and some friends. Absolutely hilarious. Terrible acting. Terrible repeat stock footage shots. Stupid, stupid script and even the good actors in it like Bruce Campbell took the micky by overacting terribly. You gotta see it :).

other controversial films that people disagree with me over are....

Mars Attacks - brilliant modern day B-movie, total genius

The last 2 star wars movies - mostly pants, terrible acting, stupid scripts - but it all started with Return of the Jedis stupid minature stone age bears beating a legion of crack imperial troops with er...sticks and stones - so i kinda saw it coming :)

Titanic - heart warming story of a a genuine human tragedy..or.. alternatively a stupid love story where a boat just happens to sink in a 'cool' way and a bad guy runs around it shooting randomly

independence day - ok its fun to watch (once) but its stupid beyond words

die another day - the stupidist bond film ever - take a cool character and make him look like a complete fool - invisible car ? bullocks! running from a satellite and surfing on debris? aargh. The only amusing thing about this bond film was Halle Berrys utterly feeble attempt to look convincing as a highly trained agent - and they considered giving her character a film... :what: sheesh

and loads more...ill be back ;)

Boomer
4th-November-2003, 10:53 AM
Anyone seen 'Congo' - technically its an awful film...but its genius in its awfulness. ...

Mars Attacks - brilliant modern day B-movie, total genius

But can these can classed as the worst films ever? By 'these' I mean the type of film that doesn't take itself seriously from the get-go. Their appeal, and the likes of Tremours and that Spider film from last year (forget its name) is in the fact that they're bumf from the very start, and everybody knows this :nice: Where as dross like 'Titanic'...well as a wise man once said 'Bleh'.:grin:

TheTramp
4th-November-2003, 10:56 AM
Truly awful films...

Lightspeed starring Erik Estrada. We attempted to watch it once when I was about 17 (a long time ago). None of us could bear to finish it. It was so truly horrible that it's stuck with me for the last 17 years.

Matrix 2. I was warned that it was awful. So, I bought the DVD just to see for myself. I've dragged myself through the first 30 minutes now (it's taken me a week), and I'm just trying to prepare myself to watch some more.

All of the cheesy, low budget martial arts films I've got. They are all terrible - no plot, bad acting (apart from the fight choreography). And I love them. Got loads. Buy them whenever they are on special offer.

Have to disagree with Boomer though. I enjoyed the 15(???) hours of Harry Potter. Looking forward to the next one now...

Steve

Pammy
4th-November-2003, 11:02 AM
Not a lot can beat Bringing Out The Dead; I did walk out of that one as it was SOOOOOO depressing....

Boomer
4th-November-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp

Have to disagree with Boomer though. I enjoyed the 15(???) hours of Harry Potter. Looking forward to the next one now...

Steve

Disagree!?!?! Argghh handbags at dawn young beginner :grin:

I really wouldn't bother with Matrix 2, you'll just regret the waste of time....can anybody tell me what the point of the 5 minute dance scene was? I really don't have a clue:confused:

This should be on a new thread, but what-hey, all time favourite film 'The Browning Version' with Micheal Redgrave, cracking movie - no special effects (not that I mind them of course), no 'I love you daddy - I love you son' sentimentality, just a good story, well told and well acted :cheers:

Pammy
4th-November-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
Disagree!?!?! Argghh handbags at dawn young beginner :grin:

I disagree too!

With what? :confused: said Dory

Oh and Harry Potter was awful :wink:

Who? :wink: :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
4th-November-2003, 12:00 PM
But can these can classed as the worst films ever?

No. Thats why i said Mars Attacks was genius, just because this topic became 'Worst Films' doesnt mean i cant mention the best films too, i refused to bow to strict topics - you think im a conservative MP or something? :). Read my post again you hairy arsed primate ;)

By 'these' I mean the type of film that doesn't take itself seriously from the get-go. Their appeal, and the likes of Tremors and that Spider film from last year (forget its name) is in the fact that they're bumf from the very start, and everybody knows this :nice:

eight legged freaks hilarious film, even Fi found it funny and she has a spider phobia. I totally agree and i often find film reviews extremely funny but somewhat sad for that reason - cheesy shlock films often get bad reviews because critics dont like them - rather obviously - but thousands of people DO like that sort of thing and the films were made that way to appeal to just this sort of person. Good example recently was 'Underworld' - was a really good Vampire Werewolf film that got panned by critics - i thought it was great, much better than 'Blade' for example which is more modern action orientated and therefore exceptable to critics, even though it has similar themes. Theres just a lot of back story in between the action in Underworld, but i thought it was great. so there ! :). Kill Bill is another example, a homage to Japanese cinema. Japanese culture is such that even kids cartoons have dismemberments and blood everywhere so to them its no big deal and will go down fairly well, it wont translate so well over here but thousands will still love it.

and yeah Tremors was very funny indeed - Kevin Bacon is ace :)

Pammy
4th-November-2003, 12:07 PM
and yeah Tremors was very funny indeed - Kevin Bacon is ace :)

Hell yeah;, and he can dance :grin:

Sheepman
4th-November-2003, 03:12 PM
You'll regret getting me started on this, here's a small selection:-

Against All Odds - 1984 Jeff Bridges in one of his worst

Attack of the 50ft Woman - - 1993, Reminder, if you read 2 reviews for the same film, believe the bad one. This attemps B movie status and fails completely.

The Doctor & The Devils - 1985, Plenty of big names, Timothy Dalton, Twiggy, Jonathan Pryce, Beryl Reid, Patrick Stewart, and Mel Brooks producing. They'd probably all like to keep quiet about this dire film, awful acting and stereotypical script, about the quest for cadavers for anatomical research.

Thank God Its Friday - 1978, Daft 70's disco film, no music or dance to speak of. Not spoof or awful enough to really be funny, just a waste of time.

Then there is the death of the Carry On series - what a way to go:-
Carry On Emmanuelle - 1978, So dreadful this heralded the end of the Carry Ons (until the 92 resurrection). I couldn't keep awake through this tripe.

Carry On Columbus - 1992, Plenty of people are ashamed of this one, though essentially following the same formula of previous films, this falls totally flat. An empty plot, but it could have been saved by the gags, even the stars fail completely, demonstrating how to get comic timing completely wrong. The last nail in the Carry On coffin.

Dancers - 1987, Starring Mikhail Baryshnikov in this drama around ballet, a dreadful story badly acted, and not saved by the dance, which is patchy and unoriginal.

The Devil's Own - 1997. Harrison Ford plays a New York cop on the beat. He gives a home to an Irish guy (Brad Pitt), not knowing his history or the fact that he is an IRA terrorist. A tedious an unrealistic film. A real shame as Ford is one of my heroes, especially after I was mistaken for him once :what:

Distant Voices, Still Lives. This film demonstrates how quickly "innovation" becomes thoroughly tedious. Scouse family life flash backs, forwards, & sing songs. The critics highly rated this

Girl On A Motorcycle - 1968 Marianne Faithfull looking very youthful rides her m/c, lots of shots of this. Maybe this was erotic at the time, but how many women really get orgasmic over their Nortons? (Time for another poll?) Nowadays it looks like pretentious tripe, using naff special effects to try & cover its inadequacies.

Indecent Proposal. Robert Redford offers Demi Moore a million to spend the night. This is slow, crap, a film with high morals, but just too daft and boring.

And of course anything that needs "Erotic" in the blurb to try and sell it.

Greg

Chris
4th-November-2003, 05:22 PM
But can these can classed as the worst films ever? By 'these' I mean the type of film that doesn't take itself seriously from the get-go. Their appeal, and the likes of Tremours and that Spider film from last year (forget its name) is in the fact that they're bumf from the very start, and everybody knows this :nice:

Continuing this idea should we include ones that are so bad that they're good? eg Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town on TV last night was fab (or anything by Troma), or the outrageous Bride of Chucky or the recent cinema one House of a Thousand Corpses by Rob Zombie which was hilarious in a gratuitous sort of way.

Ones that I wanted to throw tomatoes at the screen included the abominable Star Wars II Attack of the Clones, the sand dunes saga English Patient, and the utterly predictable Sliding Doors (with Miss Paltrow at her most irritating), but they hardly measure up to Chopper Chicks, which is unashamedly a badly made film that is still enjoyable.

Gadget
4th-November-2003, 06:23 PM
"Meet the Feebles" - same director as "The Lord Of The Rings" trilogy.
Sort of an adult "muppets" but so awful I had to force myself to keep watching it just so that I had a new "low" to compare other films against. And I haven't seen a worse film in ten years since.

Graham W
5th-November-2003, 12:54 AM
Chopper Chicks was completely unwatchable !!

Titanics just been voted worst film ever on Film 2003, steve..

LilyB
5th-November-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Graham W
Chopper Chicks was completely unwatchable !!

Er .... does anyone have that on video? Gotta see what you guys are on about.

LilyB

Chris
5th-November-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by LilyB
Er .... does anyone have that on video? Gotta see what you guys are on about.
LilyB

Of course - I had to tape it in case it was unwatchable!

:rofl: :rofl:

But it is the version where one disembodied head is re-used for several head-choppings, and of course there's a question over whether they really used meat on the end of that piece of string to lure the zombies (in case you were expecting something more 'tasteful').

There's a touching moment where Booge says, 'Gee, dad, maybe if you don't eat people, nobody will notice you're a zombie' and most of the acting is reliably bad (although Billy Bob Thornton and Catherine Carlen occasionally forget, and almost do proper acting.)
:tears:
This is not a movie you want to watch. If you do, you don't want to watch it again - or a third time.

And most of the best gore is kept to the last bit - a Chopper Chick catching one of the zombies in the nuts with a chainsaw is particularly memorable.

Politically incorrect (apart from the women/lesbian empowerment thing), and the stance on dwarfs and blind people depends how you take it. But not as much nakedness as most of Troma's films, just lots of X-rated one-liners and torn off limbs (And Cannibal! The Musical has a much better dance sequence). Definitely unwatchable. I'm sure I could be arrested if I sent it to you.
:innocent::devil:

Rachel
5th-November-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Chris
....Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town on TV last night ... Yeh - Chopper Chicks!! I watched that, and was so mesmerised, I couldn't turn it off. It was funny - yes, really appallingly bad, but funny! Of course, Marc particulary liked the psuedo-sexual girlie-fights ...

Have to agree with Greg - Girl on a Motorbike has got to be one of the worst films ever (even though I'm a big Marianne Faithful fan). Actually, I don't think I've ever danced to any song of hers - I'm sure something like The Ballard of Lucie Jordan would be great, wouldn't it? Would it???

Oh and Ghost - awful film!
Rachel

Rachel
5th-November-2003, 10:46 AM
Oh, I'm getting excited now - how about dancing to Broken English? That would be just sooo good! Tramp - go on, I dare you, play it at Camber. Late Sunday night downstairs. Please???????
R. xxx

Chris
5th-November-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Girl on a Motorbike has got to be one of the worst films ever (even though I'm a big Marianne Faithful fan).

Her character was a bit of a wimp compared to the Chopper Chicks eh?
:devil: :yum:

I thought MF looked good in the outfit though - the clothes were more interesting than the characters

Pammy
6th-November-2003, 01:24 PM
The Lawnmower Man :sad: absolute tripe !

Sheepman
6th-November-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
The Lawnmower Man :sad: absolute tripe !
Tripe yes, worst film no, only 'cos in its day the special effects were impressive.

Greg

JamesGeary
8th-November-2003, 06:54 AM
quadruple yes on lawnmower man. arggghhhh so awful!!! :what: