PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare journeys to and from venues.

Jon L
3rd-November-2003, 05:04 PM
I had an annoying experience on Friday night. I was in London at a venue and someone took my coat (innocently I hope). It just happened to have my keys (which I don't carry in my pocket as it cuts), and my mobile phone in there.

So I had to have the car towed home (leaving it in a controlled space would have meant it would be towed to the pound next day ):sick: I got home at 3am

:sick:

Anyone else had experiences like this :(

Forte
3rd-November-2003, 05:38 PM
Oh poor you. Nightmare. At Scottish ceilidhs when all the men are wearing identical jackets a good tip is to put your business card in the pocket (or a piece of paper with your name and phone number on it) so that when someone innocently picks up the wrong jacket (cos they all look the same) they can sort it out and get it back to you.
Have a hug to cheer you up...:hug:
Have two:hug:

Jon
3rd-November-2003, 06:45 PM
Sorry to hear this, what a nightmare. I've never had it happen yet, but I tend to keep keys and spare cash in my trouser pocket so at least I can get home.

stewart38
10th-November-2003, 11:58 AM
I always keep my car key in my pocket but not always my front door key

So at least I could get home but I assume sleep in the garden ?

DavidY
10th-November-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by stewart38
I always keep my car key in my pocket I've not worked out yet where to keep my car keys. Like stewart38 & Jon I also like to keep car keys in my pocket.

But which pocket? :confused:

If you put keys in your back pocket it's really painful when you sit down. If you put them in a front pocket you can't do some leans or drops because it can be painful for your partner. :confused:

What do others do?

stewart38
10th-November-2003, 12:40 PM
This is my point

I put just one key in my pocket

If I put all my keys in my pocket it (house keys etc) it can be a pain to all concerned

I have heard of people who had their jackets taken hence the reason why.

I figure the most important key is the car key (If you came by bus I guess it would be different)

:sick:

DavidB
10th-November-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by DavidY
If you put them in a front pocket you can't do some leans or drops because it can be painful for your partner. What do others do? I don't do leans or drops.

Tiggerbabe
10th-November-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
I don't do leans or drops.

:wink: "oops!" :D :hug:

DavidY
10th-November-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
I don't do leans or drops. Not sure I can argue with such wisdom!

However ... I don't do leans and drops very often, but do like to do them occasionally.

What do people who do leans and drops do with their keys?

Boomer
10th-November-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by DavidY

What do people who do leans and drops do with their keys?
Go on, I give in?

Forte
10th-November-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Go on, I give in?

Nice one! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: