PDA

View Full Version : Twyford

Divissima
1st-November-2003, 10:21 AM
I thought I should start a separate thread for this - seems a bit confusing to post it in one of the (several) long-running Hipsters threads!

I had a brilliant time at Twyford last night. It really has the most wonderful floor. The DJ was on top form - and Sgt Billco busted some tunes of his own so TwK also got a chance to dance :waycool:

Billco's always does a great class - and last night was no exception. People going on the Las Palmas holiday are in for some great moves!:grin:

Great dances - lots of men whose name I don't know, and my first ever with Boomer. I must claim that second dance, Boomer :wink: ChrisA - just divine, as ever :hug: DavidB - I always love my dances with you - thank you. Billco - masterful. TwK - my hero :drool: Tony - rising star! And Bex - you make a great man :wink:

Great to see Pammy and Mary in their sparkly shoes - still annoyed with myself for bringing the wrong shoes. Next time we will all dazzle together. TwK had some great dances in his time-off the decks.

Discovery of the evening - Pammy is a secret seamstress - wearing a lovely skirt of her own making.

Billco - when is the next one??

ChrisA
1st-November-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
I had a brilliant time at Twyford last night. It really has the most wonderful floor. The DJ was on top form - and Sgt Billco busted some tunes of his own so TwK also got a chance to dance :waycool:

So did I - thanks Mary for the idea. Twyford now has a place on my dance map. Greatly enjoyed TwK's choice of music - and I get the double benefit that if he's on the stage, then he's not on the floor :D :D

Enjoyed Billco's class too. He has a great style on the stage - haven't seen anyone else who can stand there and tell the class they looked terrible - and they love it. :rofl:

And Bex - you make a great man
She makes a great woman too :waycool: A real treat to dance with her. More please :nice:

Great dancing with Mary as ever - terrific presence on the stage during the class, adding a real wow factor.

And with La Bellissima, an inspiration as always.

Discovery of the evening - Pammy is a secret seamstress - wearing a lovely skirt of her own making.
Wow - respect. Didn't she look great in it? More dances next time please, Pamster.

and my first ever with Boomer.

Ah yes, which brings me to the Boomster.

I call upon all those here present to ensure the man gets no rest from dancing from this point onward. It is our solemn duty to drag him, screaming if necessary, on to the dance floor and allow him no time off it. I had paused briefly, to grab a coffee, and found him staring into his beer. "Up young man, and on to the dance floor". The response? "Mumble, mumble, wurble, wurble". Indeed I even thought I detected "wibble".

I practically had to "stwike him vewwy wuffly" before he would move, but move he did, and, fortunately for his personal safety :mad: :mad:, could be seen dancing for some time afterwards.

I sneaked a bit of a look, and can testify that the fellow is coming on apace. Ladies, you had better get dancing with him now - cos I confidently predict that it will not be very long before you have to fight your way through the crush to get to him.

Now he might well be the only dancer in creation that gets to improve by sitting on the sidelines counting the bubbles in his beer. But just to cater for the remote possibility that this is not the case, I would enourage any who see him sitting out to propel him towards the floor - leaving the imprint of a dancing shoe if necessary - and give him no peace.

Chris

Mary
1st-November-2003, 01:35 PM
Yep, I had a great night, but then I am biased. Jeez, I love that floor!!!:nice:

I'm still all aquiver after my dances with DavidB.:hug: ChrisA dreamy to dance with as always (and always coming up with new stuff).:kiss: Wow Pammy - did you really make that!! Were the horns home-grown too :devil: :devil: Diva, you and Bex make a lovely couple
:wink:

It's always great to see any of you guys at any event. Now looking forward to Las Palmas. Yeah, can't wait. :na:

Hey, Boomer, I still think you're avoiding me :devil:

M

Pammy
3rd-November-2003, 12:14 PM
Hello everyone. Sorry was chattering away on the other thread about this...

I had a great time; DavidB was amazing. Did two really good songs with him when he first arrived and really enjoyed them.

Tony was brilliant; I really enjoyed the song from Grease; he deserves much praise for his efforts during this.

As for the skirt, what can I say; I was so in awe of Divas that when I discovered I couldn't buy one, I had to make one instead! Horns; permanent fixture Mary, you should know that; normally I just comb the hair over them :sorry:

Boo-Boo; in his defence, he did do about 7 or 8 with me, including the last two of the night, which was probably enough to frighten him off the floor for the rest of the evening :tears: He had also had to put up with one of my famous *cat* episodes before we came out, so was probably as stressed as me in there; one of the cats wouldn't come in due to the fireworks!

The floor at Twyford was brilliant as usual; got to wear my fast floor shoes :grin:

Tell TWK for me that he was fab up there!

Chris; I'll run you off a skirt all of your own if you like, then you can compete with McGregster!

Px aka Dory

(clothes envy on)PS Claire, I want your top, and Marys with the floaty sleeves :waycool: (clothes envy off)

ChrisA
3rd-November-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
Chris; I'll run you off a skirt all of your own if you like, then you can compete with McGregster!

Most kind.

But the poor fellow's ego is fragile enough as it is, I wouldn't want to risk crushing the little flower...:D :D

Sheepman
3rd-November-2003, 03:25 PM
one of the cats wouldn't come in due to the fireworks!

I might have guessed that Pammy's cats would be too interested in watching sparkly things to come in at night!

Greg

Divissima
22nd-November-2003, 12:02 PM
I asked ages ago:
Billco - when is the next one??and last night I got the info...

Dates for the December diary guys! Would be great to see whole bunch of Forum faces at the fantastic Sugar Shack
:waycool:

Saturday 13th - big freestyle night
Friday 19th - Christmas Partaaaaay! :grin:
Friday 26th - Boxing Day mellow night (gently ease off those extra mince-pie-related calories).

Divissima
22nd-November-2003, 12:04 PM
Pammy - think how sparkly we could be :wink:

ChrisA
22nd-November-2003, 12:53 PM
Pammy - think how sparkly we could be :wink:
I really think the Twyford Friday night should be moved to Thursday.

And before anyone asks - no, I don't think it's in the least unreasonable to expect the entire dance calendar to arrange itself for me... me, me, me, me, me :devil: :devil:

:na: :na: :na:

Divissima
22nd-November-2003, 12:57 PM
I vote to move Bisley to a Thursday instead :wink:

ChrisA
22nd-November-2003, 01:02 PM
Yep. Good alternative. In fact it's even better - cos given the remote possibility of no more dancing between Friday and Monday, I won't end the week with nerves shredded as a beginner...

Stop press... might not be going to Hipsters next Tuesday:what: :really: :what: :what: :really:

Divissima
22nd-November-2003, 01:05 PM
:what:

:tears:

no!

Mary
22nd-November-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA

Stop press... might not be going to Hipsters next Tuesday:what: :really: :what: :what: :really:

And why not, pray??:(

Yeah, change Bisley.

Looking forward to the next Twyford Saturday party night - the last one was awesome!!!:wink: :wink: More of the same please Billco.:cheers: :cheers:

Mster

ChrisA
22nd-November-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Mary
And why not, pray??:(
Replied on the H thread

Divissima
23rd-November-2003, 06:16 PM
Anyone know of any other WCS classes in the environs of London - my websearch hasn't thrown up anything too promising.

Bisley clashes with Twyford (such a great night) and is a bit far for me, but I would like to get to grips with WCS if I can.

frodo
23rd-November-2003, 06:48 PM
"Dance Diary" (http://www.dancediary.co.uk) has a single entry 'Ealing West Coast Swing Club', Thursdays 8-11 at the Brentham Club.

Divissima
23rd-November-2003, 06:50 PM
Thanks, Frodo :grin:

Divissima
23rd-November-2003, 06:52 PM
I think Billco has something a little extra-special for the Christmas party - details to follow (perhaps he'll be dressing up in a Santa costume:wink: )

Mary
23rd-November-2003, 09:18 PM
C'mon Billco - what goodies have you got lined up for us in December, we're beginning to get into party mood.:D

M

Sheepman
24th-November-2003, 01:16 PM
Then it would clash with Fleet, also run by JiveBug. I suppose Sunday's are free?

Greg

Divissima
24th-November-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Sheepy:
I suppose Sunday's are freeUsually yes, but once a month there's the fabulous Tea Dance at Kent House run by Amir (and DJd by the sparkling TwK :wink: ). I believe the tea dance is this coming Sunday for those who fancy it.

I'm on the case with alternative WCS nights, so maybe I shall get to have my cake and eat it too :waycool:

ChrisA
24th-November-2003, 02:27 PM
I believe the tea dance is this coming Sunday for those who fancy it.

I believe so... last Sunday in the month. I should be there.

I'm on the case with alternative WCS nights, so maybe I shall get to have my cake and eat it too :waycool:
You must report back as soon as you can.

If the call of Friday night Twyford becomes too strong, some other WCS will be a must...

Chris

Mary
24th-November-2003, 02:53 PM
Amir's T dance IS this Sunday (just had the email) so see you there I hope (anyone fancy going for noodles or something afterwards - a sort of up market 'chip squad'?)

And Divi, we're relying on you to find an alternative WCS night - and then it will be 'all hail La Diva'.:D :D

I have heard about the WCS in Ealing on a Thursday, but not sure if it is still running. If anyone bumps into Dale, he might know.

M

Sheepman
24th-November-2003, 03:16 PM
I have heard about the WCS in Ealing on a Thursday, but not sure if it is still running.
I spoke to Angela recently (she co-runs the Ealing West Coast) and yes, it is still going.

Greg

Bex
24th-November-2003, 05:21 PM
Hi All,

BillCo and I will hopefully be there at Amir's Tea Dance on Sunday and looking forward to it. We're up for any kind of food after too!!!

See ya,
Bex

Divissima
24th-November-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Bex:
BillCo and I will hopefully be there at Amir's Tea Dance on Sunday and looking forward to it. We're up for any kind of food after too!!!Sounds like it's going to be a great Sunday - can't wait :waycool: Noodles afterwards sounds lovely - did you have some place in mind, Mary?

Am on the case for WCS - soon we will all be swingers! :wink:

Mary
25th-November-2003, 11:09 AM

- soon we will all be swingers! :wink:

Hmmmm. Are you sure about that??:what: :what:

M

Divissima
25th-November-2003, 11:13 AM
Quoted outrageously out of context! :really:

Sorry - couldn't resist terrible gag :blush:

ChrisA
25th-November-2003, 11:16 AM
Quoted outrageously out of context! :really:

Hey, that's my job..

Sheepman
25th-November-2003, 12:38 PM
- soon we will all be swingers! :wink: Reminds me of the name a particular jive club chose (very briefly) many years ago - "The Swingers" I may even have some of the publicity stashed away somewhere.

Maybe we could get TwK to play a couple of West Coastable tracks on Sunday if there's lots of fans there.

Greg

PS I believe the shorthand collective noun is "Coasters", but David and Lily would know better.

David Franklin
25th-November-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
I believe the shorthand collective noun is "Coasters", but David and Lily would know better. I've seen "Westies" used much more than "Coasters" - as you do need to distinguish between WCS and ECS.

Dave

Sheepman
25th-November-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by David Franklin
I've seen "Westies" used much more than "Coasters" - as you do need to distinguish between WCS and ECS.
That makes sense, but I'd be a bit worried asking a woman if she was a Westy, in case she thought I was referring to a dog!

So what do they call Westies (the dogs) in the USA?

Greg

Divissima
25th-November-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman:
Maybe we could get TwK to play a couple of West Coastable tracks on Sunday if there's lots of fans thereSounds like a good idea - you may have to act in a special advisory role as TwK has never done any WCS.

Maybe I'll sit this one out - my WCS isn't up to even limited freestyle!:tears:

ChrisA
26th-November-2003, 01:06 AM
Maybe I'll sit this one out - my WCS isn't up to even limited freestyle!:tears:
Now who's talking tosh? :waycool:

RoyBoy
26th-November-2003, 01:53 AM
I spoke to Angela recently (she co-runs the Ealing West Coast) and yes, it is still going.

Greg

Had a couple of absolutely fantastic dances with Angela at RB's in Brighton at the weekend. During the brief moments that I was able to form a few coherent sentences – most of the time I was in awe of her dancing prowess - we managed to exchange a few words. It would seem that due to dwindling numbers, she is seriously thinking about closing. So I would advise you get in there quick !!

I'm sure this is the same person. If not then just ignore the inane ramblings of this wanna-be WCSer.

Divissima
26th-November-2003, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the tip, Roy. Does anyone have contact details for Angela - so far I haven't been able to find the Brentham club listed on the net with any functioning contact information. But we have had enough word-of-mouth to just rock up, I reckon. I can't go tomorrow, but will aim to head along next week. Anyone wishing to join me, please do.

I have a couple of other potential WCS nights but need to call up to see if the info is still current.

Det. Diva on the case

Divissima
26th-November-2003, 09:09 AM
... and spoke to TwK re music on Sunday. He's happy to play some WCS if you bring it along (he isn't sure if he has anything suitable).

Geordieed
26th-November-2003, 02:38 PM
Britney Spears or Justin Trousersnake as people like to call him do quite well for WCS if that is of any help. Both artists can be easily Jived to by the masses.:cheers:

David Franklin
26th-November-2003, 02:43 PM
... and spoke to TwK re music on Sunday. He's happy to play some WCS if you bring it along (he isn't sure if he has anything suitable).

A couple of links with suggestions:

http://www.usaswingnet.com/2002_top_songs.htm
http://www.usaswingnet.com/top_dj_tunes.htm

Dave

Divissima
26th-November-2003, 02:53 PM
Franck - we are waaaaaay off thread (prob my fault). Please can we have a new West Coast Swing thread for all this?

Sheepman
26th-November-2003, 03:04 PM
... and spoke to TwK re music on Sunday. I'll bring some along, though I'm sure he has some Jive "standards" which are fine, (eg Fire). JB played a lot of WC stuff last night, including a nice new RnB hip hoppy one, but I've no idea what it was. :confused:

Greg

PS Yes, we are quite a long way from Twyford now aren't we? But I'm not sure that Ms Diva is to blame. :sorry

Sheepman
27th-November-2003, 05:34 PM
For those still interested, the Ealing West Coast Swing Club details are here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=38424)
Tonight is their last night before Christmas.

Greg

Divissima
1st-December-2003, 10:38 AM
I'm determined to get this back onto Twyford! :waycool: I have further information on December dates...

Saturday 13th December is the freestyle party - at the wonderful Sugar Shack. This one is IMHO the civilised alternative to the Hammersmith Christmas freestyle night (also 13th). Last year Hammersmith was a bit crowded to say the least :really:

Then on Friday 19th is the Twyford Christmast party - with a Lucky Dip competition and mince pies :yum: (although not simultaneously :really: ). The Ceroc Reading website says no fancy dress or theme, but dress to impress.

Then there's the dance on 26th to help shed the post-Christmas lethargy.

La Diva

Mary
1st-December-2003, 10:52 AM
Well, I'll probably be at all of them. Not famine, flood, earthquake or Patrick Swayze would keep me away.:D :D

Who could resist the chance of a dance with Billco (or Bex) even though he keeps running away from me :devil: (only kidding - I know I'm not THAT scary....................am I?)

See you there.:cheers:

M

BillCo
4th-December-2003, 11:18 AM
Hi Mary and Diva , we are really looking forward to the 13th.
We've got a couple of really cool teachers that night , Paul Harris and Nicola Howard who are going to dazzle us with some cool moves.

On the 19th it's Twyford's Christmas party and what a night that will be !
Got lots of suprises including our dance with a stranger comp. :waycool:
Dancing will be till midnight , after which we will be serving tea's , coffee's , pies and muffins. :drool:

Friday the 26th will be a freestyle night at Twyford to work off the Christmas pies again open till midnight and Erick will be guest DJing that night.

See you soon ,

Sgt Billco.

Pammy
4th-December-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by BillCo
On the 19th it's Twyford's Christmas party and what a night that will be ! Got lots of suprises including our dance with a stranger comp. :waycool:

Sounds very good; count me in :grin:

Divissima
5th-December-2003, 02:26 PM
There's a great selection of venues for dancing in and around London tonight - we are spoiled for choice!

TwK and I will be at Twyford having a major boogie there with the incomparable Sgt Billco, although I should point out (for the avoidance of doubt :wink: ) that TwK is unlikely to dance with Bill :really:

Anyone else coming along ??

TheTramp
5th-December-2003, 03:23 PM
TwK and I will be at Twyford having a major boogie there with the incomparable Sgt Billco, although I should point out (for the avoidance of doubt :wink: ) that TwK is unlikely to dance with Bill :really:Why not? Bill can follow quite well :D

Steve

Divissima
5th-December-2003, 04:15 PM
Trampster wrote:
Why not? Bill can follow quite well :rolleyes: :D

Divissima
5th-December-2003, 04:16 PM
Maybe I'm being selfish - since I have been known to dance with Bex :waycool:

ChrisA
5th-December-2003, 04:23 PM
Maybe I'm being selfish - since I have been known to dance with Bex :waycool: Grrrrr...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Divissima
5th-December-2003, 04:32 PM
easy, tiger! you were otherwise engaged at the time, I believe :blush:

ChrisA
5th-December-2003, 04:38 PM
easy, tiger! you were otherwise engaged at the time, I believe :blush:
I wouldn't want a precedent to become established :devil: :devil:

Jon L
7th-December-2003, 11:26 PM
Is Twford on This Friday 12th December can someone let me know please. Thanks :grin:

BillCo
8th-December-2003, 09:39 AM
Hi Jon , Twyford is on this Friday the 12th , but it is also on this Saturday the 13th as a freestyle night.

Bill. :cheers:

Debster
8th-December-2003, 10:10 PM
The 19th is going to be hot hot hot - so be there or be square!!

(From this you may deduce that I am going and looking forward to it! ;) )

Cheers! :D

Daisy
8th-December-2003, 11:53 PM
Now I'm in a dilemma! We were going to make the long haul flight from West Sussex to H/smith on Sat. and now it seems we may have to divert to Twyford. This is a long way to drive. Just how good will the mince pies be? Are they worth the extra mile?
What else can you tempt us with?

Daisy x:kiss: (Jane & Ray)

BillCo
9th-December-2003, 10:16 AM
Hello Daisy , the mince pies are great ... the best !

Really hope that both you and Ray can make it , would be great to catch up . :cheers:

Bill.

Bex
9th-December-2003, 10:16 AM
Hi Daisy (& Ray),

Definitely worth the divert........we've got Paul Harris and Nicola Howard from Ceroc Central coming down to Guest Teach on Saturday night (Paul submitted 19 of the 30 new moves in this years Teachers update) so its bound to be a great class.

If that's not tempting enough there's complimentary tea/coffee with the mince pies (although we might save the mince pies for our Xmas Party on the 19th - we'll have massive cookies instead!!!)

Still not tempted? TWK will be spinning the decks! Hope you can make it.

Bex

ChrisA
9th-December-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Daisy
Now I'm in a dilemma! We were going to make the long haul flight from West Sussex to H/smith on Sat. and now it seems we may have to divert to Twyford.
Which way would you guys be coming? It might not be that much longer driving to get to Twyford than H/smith...

Eg M25 M3 A316 etc compared with a bit more M25 M4 A408 etc...

I'd go for Twyford... Hammersmith is so 90s don't you think? :devil: :D :wink: :devil:

Chris

Mary
9th-December-2003, 12:08 PM
Idon't think there's any contest. Twyford is just sooooo much more civilised, and the best floor. AND I can park. Daisy, I think you have no choice - look forward to seeing you both there.:D :D :D :cheers:

M

Daisy
10th-December-2003, 12:01 AM
Well it's very tempting and Ray could certainly do with 30 new moves!......I wonder if he will be able to remember them all? Duh!

:confused:

Looks like we'll see you there.:kiss:

Jon L
10th-December-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by BillCo
Hi Jon , Twyford is on this Friday the 12th , but it is also on this Saturday the 13th as a freestyle night.

Bill. :cheers:

Thanks Bill, I may drive over on Friday. I would come Saturday but I have my works Christmas do so it's a no go alas.:cheers:

Pammy
10th-December-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Jon L
Thanks Bill, I may drive over on Friday. I would come Saturday but I have my works Christmas do so it's a no go alas.:cheers:

Does anyone know the entrace fee for Saturday?

Pamster

Bex
10th-December-2003, 01:13 PM
Hi Pammy,

It's £7.00 entrance on Saturday night, Loddon Hall, Twyford. Plus free tea/coffee and cookies!!!

Hope to see you there, are you going to Uxbridge Thursday night?

Bex

Mary
12th-December-2003, 02:44 PM
OK, it's no secret I love going to Twyford!:wink:
They have got their freestyle night this Saturday, where I believe Billco has invited some guest teachers. Quite interested in seeing them as I am told they are responsible for a large proportion of the new moves in the recent teachers update. Got to give them a try I thought.

However, also heard a great bit of gossip!! Next Friday (19th) is the Christmas Party, DWAS comp. and all that. No, that bit isn't the gossip.:rolleyes: I hear a rumour that the big A (Mr. Giles himself no less) has been asked to judge. Maybe he might dance with some of us lesser mortals as well.:devil:

So guess where I'm going (poor old Prawny being dragged kicking and screaming as well of course.:wink: :wink: ) Yes, ladies the King Prawn himself will be there too.:D :D

Mster

ChrisA
12th-December-2003, 02:47 PM
DWAS comp.
Please can we ban the Sheepster?:devil: :devil: :devil:

Sheepman
12th-December-2003, 03:54 PM
Please can we ban the Sheepster?:devil: :devil: :devil: The floor will be yours that Friday - I'll be DJing at Bisley.

Greg

ChrisA
12th-December-2003, 04:05 PM
The floor will be yours that Friday - I'll be DJing at Bisley.

Phew. One down... :devil:

Bex
12th-December-2003, 05:55 PM
Hi All,

Well done to the Sheepman for his sterling efforts last night at Uxbridge (and his partner of course) for winning the DWAS - does this mean yet another star picture of the man himself on the Uxbridge Ceroc website?

Chris A, I'm already looking forward to the next DWAS on Friday 19th at Twyford it should be good fun, but I think Dale will be pleased that Sheepman can't make it too!!!

See you at the Twyford freestyle Saturday?

Bex :D

ChrisA
13th-December-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Bex
Chris A, I'm already looking forward to the next DWAS on Friday 19th at Twyford it should be good fun, but I think Dale will be pleased that Sheepman can't make it too!!!
Hmm.. I think it'll take me till next Friday to get over last night's one. :tears: :really: :wink:

See you at the Twyford freestyle Saturday?
They'd have to chain me to something heavy to stop me. :D :D

See y'all tomorrow.

Chris

Will
13th-December-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Bex
Hi All,

Well done to the Sheepman for his sterling efforts last night at Uxbridge (and his partner of course) for winning the DWAS
What! He won that one as well??? I hope they got the urine sample this time rather than mixing it up with David Barkers drink like they did at Beaconsfield last week. That guy's gotta be taking something!

LilyB
14th-December-2003, 03:20 AM
Just got back from Twyford. Brilliant night was had by all. Lots of forumites there - Sheepman, Mary, Tony/Prawny, Divissima, McGregster, ChrisA, Amir, Pammy, GeordieEd, Dale, Daisy & of course our delightful hosts, Sgt BillCo & Bex. Great music from the amazing TwK - juggling DJing duties with keeping the ladies happy (on the dance floor, that is :wink: ). Lovely sprung floor, lots of parking space. Plus an endless supply of scrumptious cookies :drool: . What more can a dancer ask for?

See you all there for the Boxing Day party! (Or before - Friday 19 Dec is another party night, mince pies this time :yum: - but I can't make it due to an office party :tears: )

LilyB

ChrisA
14th-December-2003, 03:20 AM
Well, what a storming night that was.

Some lovely dances with the early arrivers, and then a _very_ nice class, beautifully taught by Paul from Northamptonshire (quite difficult but accessible, exceptionally clearly explained - and nearly as good as Bex does it :waycool: ), well-paced, perfect, really. Even DavidB joined in at one point... so it must have been good.

And then the freestyle... several people summed it up identically at various times:

Quality, rather than quantity.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Hammersmith is so "90s". Twyford is where it was happening tonight. Wall-to-wall A-list. Gods and goddesses, too many to count.

Luscious dances, thank you so much to all of you...

Did I mention the cookies? The cookies were delicious. I had four. If Billco's looking a bit on the porky side over the next few days, it's cos he's been finishing them off. A yummy and much needed blood-sugar boost at about 11pm lifted my dancing from completely awful to barely acceptable, just in time for me not to completely disgrace myself with La Diva, and midnight came all too soon.

Another four hours would have been just barely enough.

Margaret is still glowing from her dances with Ed, David, Amir, TwK, Andy, Tony, Billco... somehow she missed the Sheepster, more fool he.

And I'm feeling totally honoured to have danced with Bex, Christine, Kate, Jenny, Nicole, Paul's demonstrator ????, Lily (of whom I'm now slightly less scared), Mster (who wasn't very well, but fab as ever), Sue, La Diva, Pamster, Hillster, Daisy...

... I think I failed to dance to one track, while I was changing my shirt. Sorry :tears:

Anyway, a brilliant night, and thanks to all that made it so.

Chris

DavidY
14th-December-2003, 02:05 PM
And I'm feeling totally honoured to have danced with ~snip~ Paul's demonstrator ???? Was that Nicola? If it's who I think it is, she won the Lucky Dip at the Ceroc Champs in May this year, & teaches at Nottingham.

Will
14th-December-2003, 03:12 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Hammersmith is so "90s". Twyford is where it was happening tonight. Wall-to-wall A-list. Gods and goddesses, too many to count.

Great to hear you guys had a fantastic time at Twyford. So looking forward to dancing there on the 19th. Pity you lightweights packed it in at midnight rather than running till 2.00am like we did at Hammersmith :wink:

For those of you who avoided Hammersmith because you thought it might be too crowded...... Good call! They stripped out all the tables to make as much room as possible, but it was still absolutely thronging. Did clear out abit after 1am. Had there fair share of top name dancers including, Viktor, Miktor, Roy, Des, Joseph & Trish Sewell (who were absolutely awesome doing there Lindy hop to the live band) Kate, Dawn, Debstar, Lory. But a special mention has to go to Ed who it appears managed to attend both Twyford & Hammersmith last night. :sick: And I thought I was addicted...

ChrisA
14th-December-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by DavidY
Was that Nicola? If it's who I think it is, she won the Lucky Dip at the Ceroc Champs in May this year, & teaches at Nottingham.
Ah yes, that's right.. and if I'd gone back to read Bex's post from a few pages back I'd have remembered.

Chris

ChrisA
14th-December-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Will
Had there fair share of top name dancers including, Viktor, Miktor, Roy, Des, Joseph & Trish Sewell (who were absolutely awesome doing there Lindy hop to the live band) Kate, Dawn, Debstar, Lory. But a special mention has to go to Ed who it appears managed to attend both Twyford & Hammersmith last night. :sick:
Not a bad line up, I grant you.

A fine contribution from Ed, too. He didn't leave Twyford till well after midnight. Surprised he could even walk, let alone dance... :cheers:

Er.. is there anything on tonight ??

Chris

Andy McGregor
14th-December-2003, 09:34 PM
I must just write and support what's been said about last night. The floor was brilliant, the lesson had a nice new move for me, the music was exactly what I would have chosen, the women (and a couple of the men) were great to dance with and very welcoming. And the tea and cookies came at exactly the right time - I only had 3 cookies and am feeling relatively holy about having so few now I've found our how many other people had.

I wish I could be there next Friday - We'd all have a chance in the DWAS as Sheepster is elsewhere. But I'm booked to do a cabaret in Portsmouth so will be there instead - this time I'm even dressing as a man and keeping my trousers on - probably:wink:

Jon L
15th-December-2003, 01:34 AM
Glad you had a great time at Twyford last night. I got a warm welcome on Friday would have loved to have been there last night but had a works do on

Daisy
15th-December-2003, 01:44 AM
We had a really enjoyable time at Twyford last night. What a great crowd and a super venue.

I was chuffed to dance with so many lovely guys and hardly sat down once. Thanks to you all.

Lovely cookies....I only had two!!

Sad not to be able to go on the 19th or Boxing Day......too many family commitments. Have a great time though.

Love Daisy ( Jane) & Ray x

Pammy
15th-December-2003, 10:19 AM
Well, I really enjoyed Twyford; apologies if I've passed on my cold (yes another one!!!) but I had to get out. It was great in there, so many of my favourites. Really enjoyed the cookies; white chocolate, my fave!!!

Can still smell Andy's aftershave on my coat :what: :really: Also, hats off to Ed for attending both, wow, that's stamina for you!

See you all again this Friday I hope for their DWAS competition!

Thanks everyone for all the great dances.

Pamster :hug:

Divissima
15th-December-2003, 10:32 AM
It was a great night on Saturday - I had some splendid dances and TwK managed to spend more time on the dancefloor than usual so I got to dance with him too. Glad to hear that Andy liked the music :grin: I'll pass it on...

Great dances, scrummy cookies (but I only got one :tears: the diet has begun) - such a lovely venue and Billco and Bex to top it all. Bliss.... :waycool:

Geordieed
15th-December-2003, 10:52 AM
:wink: Don't know what they put in those biscuits but it works.

Rachel
15th-December-2003, 12:13 PM
What! He won that one as well??? I hope they got the urine sample this time rather than mixing it up with David Barkers drink like they did at Beaconsfield last week. That guy's gotta be taking something! Hey, what a superstar - to win again! I told you a girl couldn't go wrong with him, didn't I? Who was your partner, Greg?
R.

Sheepman
15th-December-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Who was your partner, Greg? As you know Rachel, it takes two . . . My partner was Ann, I think I've danced with her once or twice before, an excellent dancer and Uxbridge regular, and she managed to stay calm despite my best efforts to freak her out!

Also had a great night Saturday, it looks like it's all been said, I only had 3 cookies, though I carried on snacking when I got home. I hadn't realised there was still time to go to Hammersmith though . . .

greg

Pammy
16th-December-2003, 10:22 AM
Who is coming this Friday; Helen and I will be there :grin:

Divissima
16th-December-2003, 10:38 AM
TwK and I will be there - he will be DJ-ing and I will be dancing with all the boys :wink: We are also involved in the Lucky Dip comp so hope you and Helen will both be entering :grin:

Pammy
16th-December-2003, 10:56 AM
I will be dancing with all the boys :wink:

and me ? :grin:

and yes, we will be entering :nice:

Divissima
16th-December-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by the lovely Pammy:
and me ? I should be delighted, Pamster
:waycool:

and yes, we will be entering :grin:
Who else will be throwing their hat in the ring??

ChrisA
16th-December-2003, 11:40 AM
Who else will be throwing their hat in the ring?? Surely I don't have to wear a hat as well as glitter? :tears:

Divissima
16th-December-2003, 11:50 AM
Well, if you're very glittery, we'll waive the hat requirement...

ChrisA
16th-December-2003, 11:56 AM
Well, if you're very glittery, we'll waive the hat requirement... What about waiving the glitter reqt if I wear a hat?

Pammy
16th-December-2003, 12:13 PM
What about waiving the glitter reqt if I wear a hat?

If you're waiving glitter, mind peoples eyes! :wink: Some people will do anything to win!

Px

Andy McGregor
16th-December-2003, 12:19 PM
Personally speaking, I think this best dancers method of choosing winners is old-hat:devil:

How about the winners being chosen based on an equation giving the most marks for level of glitteryness:waycool:

ChrisA
16th-December-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
How about the winners being chosen based on an equation giving the most marks for level of glitteryness:waycool:
How about people wearing outrageous shirts being banned from the comp in the first place? :devil: :devil:

Andy McGregor
16th-December-2003, 12:29 PM
How about people wearing outrageous shirts being banned from the comp in the first place? :devil: :devil:

As I can't make it I was intending to send a glittery shirt to compete on my behalf:wink:

Andy

p.s. Has anyone else noticed that ChrisA's number of postings has now exceeded mine and will probably reach 1,000 by the year 2004. Watch out Trampster:wink:

Pammy
16th-December-2003, 01:28 PM
As I can't make itNice try wise guy; see you there, with your shirt, and your aftershave!

Pamkins.

PS Shall I bring Nemo?

Andy McGregor
16th-December-2003, 01:52 PM
PS Shall I bring Nemo?

Nemo would probably win:waycool:

N.B. For the unintiated, Nemo is a helium filled balloon in the shape of an orange fish character in a Disney cartoon - as if you didn't know...

This information is brought to you by the Pamster Demystifying Section of the Department of Wiggling.

Pammy
17th-December-2003, 10:19 AM
This information is brought to you by the Pamster Demystifying Section of the Department of Wiggling.

Speaking as someone, who clearly has spent many an hour perfecting his own wiggling in recent weeks??!! :wink:

Oh yes, I forgot to mention; you've changed your hair haven't you; gone all tussled and George Michael! :grin:

ChrisA
17th-December-2003, 10:50 AM
Oh yes, I forgot to mention; you've changed your hair haven't you; gone all tussled and George Michael! :grin:
Certainly it looked like he'd been in a tussle when I saw it. :devil:

Mary
17th-December-2003, 10:52 AM
Going back to the original thread (ahem), the King Prawn and I will be appearing, but acting as undercover operatives in the guise of a couple of dancers out to have a great time.:waycool:

Mster

TheTramp
17th-December-2003, 10:52 AM
Certainly it looked like he'd been in a tussle when I saw it. :devil: Is he trying to do something to cover up the fact that he's going bald?? :devil: :D

Steve

PS. Sorry Mary! :innocent:

Mary
17th-December-2003, 11:04 AM
You lot are asking for a good slapping.:mad: :mad: :D :D :D

M

TheTramp
17th-December-2003, 11:07 AM
You lot are asking for a good slapping.:mad: :mad: :D :D :D

M Please will you give me a good slapping :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Steve

ChrisA
17th-December-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Is he trying to do something to cover up the fact that he's going bald?? :devil: :D

No, not at all. In fact he's cut it shorter than it was.

I thought at first glance that he was just impersonating me again, but on closer inspection and to his credit it is an improvement.

I am qualified to notice these improvements... fortunately I don't think any of you lot knew me with my previous hairstyle...
:tears: :tears: :tears:

At least you're not going bald Steve... :devil:

TheTramp
17th-December-2003, 11:16 AM
No, not at all. In fact he's cut it shorter than it was.

At least you're not going bald Steve... :devil: Ummm. You need the part tense there I feel :tears:

And cutting it shorter, can sometimes hide the fact that you're going bald. If he is. Which I'm sure that he isn't.

Steve

Mary
17th-December-2003, 11:20 AM
Right, that's it. ChrisA - consider yourself slapped.:devil: :devil:

But if we are staying off thread - has anyone noticed that Mr. McG has become very 'conservative' in his choice of shirts of late? Is he sickening for something I wonder.:wink:

M

TheTramp
17th-December-2003, 11:22 AM
Right, that's it. ChrisA - consider yourself slapped.:devil: :devil: And not me?? :tears:

But if we are staying off thread - has anyone noticed that Mr. McG has become very 'conservative' in his choice of shirts of late? Is he sickening for something I wonder.:wink: He's maybe coming down with a bout of good taste?? :D

Steve

Pammy
17th-December-2003, 11:56 AM
But if we are staying off thread - has anyone noticed that Mr. McG has become very 'conservative' in his choice of shirts of late? Is he sickening for something I wonder.:wink:

No, I think not; he has found that the shirt AND the new haircut is too much together :wink:

ChrisA
17th-December-2003, 12:06 PM
No, I think not; he has found that the shirt AND the new haircut is too much together :wink:
Well I thought he looked very stylish in black last week :D :D

Pammy
17th-December-2003, 12:12 PM
Well I thought he looked very stylish in black last week :D :D

Oh that he did. I LIKE the new look... Well, I prefer it to the dress and black boxers from the Beach Boogie week :what: :blush:

Sheepman
17th-December-2003, 01:52 PM
Well I thought he looked very stylish in black last week :D :D I'm sure there was some glitter involved though? It just didn't show up when the lights were down.

Greg

Pammy
17th-December-2003, 02:38 PM
I'm sure there was some glitter involved though? It just didn't show up when the lights were down.

Not quite glitter, but fetching none-the-less, a reflective black shiney thingy...

Mary
17th-December-2003, 02:53 PM
And not me?? :tears:
He's maybe coming down with a bout of good taste?? :D

Steve

OK. Coming back in late. Trampy take a slapping, and have another one on credit to be collected at a later date in person.;) ;)

Is McG's condition treatable, and, more important, is it contagious???:what: :what:

M

ChrisA
17th-December-2003, 02:54 PM
Is McG's condition treatable, and, more important, is it contagious???:what: :what:

Well he caught it from me.

But I always had it... :D

Mary
17th-December-2003, 02:59 PM
Well he caught it from me.

But I always had it... :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :devil:

M

Sheepman
17th-December-2003, 03:06 PM
more important, is it contagious???:what: :what: :sick: :sick: :sick:
maybe? :sick:

Greg

Mary
17th-December-2003, 03:09 PM
Sheepy, with those trousers of yours I don't think there will ever be a risk of you catching the 'good taste' disease!!!:D :D :D :wink:

M

ChrisA
17th-December-2003, 03:12 PM
Sheepy, with those trousers of yours
OMG... they're trousers????

:really: :what: :really:

Sheepman
17th-December-2003, 03:46 PM
I don't think there will ever be a risk of you catching the 'good taste' disease You're so kind! :wink:

G

Divissima
19th-December-2003, 10:57 AM
So excited about tonight. I've never judged a competition before so it's going to be a challenge.
What are people wearing? Remember, it says 'dress to impress'...

Pammy - I have my sparkly shoes today :waycool: And a choice of tops - the 'safe' choice and a more risque little number which I may wear if the mood of the evening allows.... (oh, and my 'sters t-shirt for the post-dancing warm-down)

Pammy
19th-December-2003, 11:28 AM
Pammy - I have my sparkly shoes today :waycool: And a choice of tops - the 'safe' choice and a more risque little number which I may wear if the mood of the evening allows.... (oh, and my 'sters t-shirt for the post-dancing warm-down)

I may wear the (homemade) red skirt as my Granny wants me to and it'll put a smile on her face. Perhaps even the red shoes :yum: Or I could come in my white christmas outfit :blush: I will definitely bring my sters top for a group wearing so the rest of the gang, don't forget yours; I'll make sure Helen remembers...

See you later everyone... :hug:

Pamster x

Mary
19th-December-2003, 11:41 AM
Guess it might have to be the sparkly frock (eat your heart out Andy)!!!:wink:

Diva, how much is the bribe these days - I always seem to get knocked out first round so I guess I'm not paying enough.:tears:

So who are the sad gits who are NOT going tonight? :D

M

Andy McGregor
19th-December-2003, 12:20 PM

M

Boomer
19th-December-2003, 01:07 PM

I see your :tears: and raise you a :sad: :tears:

ChrisA
19th-December-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
I see your :tears: and raise you a :sad: :tears:
Putting the Booooooooooooooo :mad: in Boomer...

Boomer
19th-December-2003, 01:35 PM
Putting the Booooooooooooooo :mad: in Boomer...

Try 'Boo hoo hoo' :tears:

ChrisA
19th-December-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Try 'Boo hoo hoo' :tears:
So what's your (pathetic) excuse?

Haven't seen you for ages... not goin all nancy on us are you?

Divissima
19th-December-2003, 02:43 PM
Steve! :what: :really: :tears:
What no birthday dance??? At this rate, you'll owe me dances into 2005 :wink:

Sheepman
19th-December-2003, 03:00 PM
Well you know I can't, but after what I saw last night, I can't say I'm that sad, (got to give someone else a chance at DWAS after all :devil: ). Paul and Sally did an amazing West Coast Swing cabaret. When I asked Paul "Are you going to teach me to dance like that?" he didn't say no! (He didn't say yes either :tears: )

Greg

Boomer
19th-December-2003, 03:05 PM
Steve! :what: :really: :tears:
What no birthday dance??? At this rate, you'll owe me dances into 2005 :wink:

When's your birthday!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? What's going on next week (Hippies Xmas bash is alreayd out), if it's all closed I may be hoping on the '100 Club' for some action!

Divissima
19th-December-2003, 03:19 PM
Birthday next week - not sure what else is on aside Hipsters (which I will also miss anyway). The 100 Club is fantastic - we should arrange a night to get a bunch of people there over Christmas/New Year, I reckon.

Mary
19th-December-2003, 03:27 PM
Andy, you're excused (good luck BTW), and Greg, I SUPPOSE you're excused - but only just;)
but BOOMER. You really are turning into a woos (or is it wus), anyway I thought you were made of sterner stuff. You've been repeatedly letting us all down and we haven't heard one decent excuse yet:mad: You've got one helluva lot of making up to do.:wink:

M

PS. I've got a poorly knee so be gentle with me.:D :sorry :sorry

Divissima
20th-December-2003, 03:54 PM
Christmas party was fantastic! What a great night - I particularly liked the class/routine (even though I kept getting it wrong :rolleyes: ). TwK meant to play some more Beegees later to get everyone up and strutting but time ran out :sorry

The Lucky Dip comp was just amazing - the standard was very high. And it was great to see so many forumites doing their thing. It was very close but the graceful ChrisA just sneaked through to win it with his partner :waycool:

I still only managed to eat one cookie - must try harder next time
:yum: I had some wonderful dances - and a huge thank you to Billco and Bex for such a fantastic night :hug:

Jon L
22nd-December-2003, 06:29 AM
Christmas party was fantastic! What a great night - I particularly liked the class/routine (even though I kept getting it wrong :rolleyes: ). TwK meant to play some more Beegees later to get everyone up and strutting but time ran out :sorry

The Lucky Dip comp was just amazing - the standard was very high. And it was great to see so many forumites doing their thing. It was very close but the graceful ChrisA just sneaked through to win it with his partner :waycool:

I still only managed to eat one cookie - must try harder next time
:yum: I had some wonderful dances - and a huge thank you to Billco and Bex for such a fantastic night :hug:

This was a good night - I am pleased I went cos I didn't expect to be there. Thanks to Bill, Bex and team

I was thinking about putting up a post such as "Will has a new championship dance partner" but my life would be at risk from two men should I dare to do that :wink:

Friendly crowd, lots of good dancing as well.

I must say though the Dance With a Stranger was probably close to the purest form of it, i.e. no warm up just straight in. That might possibly be way for the ceroc champs next year

Andy McGregor
22nd-December-2003, 12:13 PM
I must say though the Dance With a Stranger was probably close to the purest form of it, i.e. no warm up just straight in. That might possibly be way for the ceroc champs next year

I agree with you about the DWAS. But that is how they always do it. They're watching during the warm up and have already decided about the first cut before the end of that track.

That might possibly be the way for the ceroc champs next year

Or Ceroc could come clean about their judging criteria. They could just ask for photos, put all the girls in one hat and the guys in the other. Draw one from each hat and give the prizes to the best looking, young couple:devil:

Sheepman
22nd-December-2003, 01:02 PM
ChrisA just sneaked through to win it with his partner :waycool: Congrats Chris, now I bet you've really got the bug! :cheers:

So how does it feel, do you get that bewildered feeling that I did of "why me", until it dawns on you, of course, it was my partner that was doing it all!?

Greg

Geordieed
22nd-December-2003, 01:07 PM
:cheers: Yeh big congratulations to you Chris. Even more screaming girls, champagne and fast cars to look forward to.:cheers:

Mary
22nd-December-2003, 02:22 PM
Well done to Billco & Bex for a great fun night on Friday - really looking forward to the Boxing Day night - good dancers and nice, relaxed atmosphere, can't wait.:wink:

Those of you who know ChrisA and weren't there on Friday missed a real treat - Chris's face was an absolute picture.:D :D

M

Will
23rd-December-2003, 02:17 AM
I was thinking about putting up a post such as "Will has a new championship dance partner" but my life would be at risk from two men should I dare to do that :wink:
That's alright Jon. Amir and I have decided after our success at Twyford on Saturday that it is more financially beneficial if we just dump Kate from all competitions, workshops, lessons, and showcases.

I'm now currently learning Big Spender, and Amir is adjusting Kates old blue dress (to big for him you see!) from the Arabian routing, whilst studying the video.

Fortunately, Kate doesn't read this forum as it requires more technical knowhow than turning on the TV (how dead would I be if she ever sussed out how to use the internet! But do I look scared??? - Don't let her lack of blonde hair fool you... :waycool: )

DavidB
23rd-December-2003, 02:29 AM
Fortunately, Kate doesn't read this forum as it requires more technical knowhow than turning on the TV (how dead would I be if she ever sussed out how to use the internet! But do I look scared??? - Don't let her lack of blonde hair fool you... :waycool: ) Don't worry Will - I'm sure she can read the print-outs I've just done.

Jon L
23rd-December-2003, 03:27 AM

May be I should I have posted after Will's comment but my life would be at risk from one mad woman who has just been axed by her dance partner - and she's taller than me so I might get a slap round the head :wink:

Bex
23rd-December-2003, 12:10 PM
Well done to Billco & Bex for a great fun night on Friday - really looking forward to the Boxing Day night - good dancers and nice, relaxed atmosphere, can't wait.:wink:

Those of you who know ChrisA and weren't there on Friday missed a real treat - Chris's face was an absolute picture.:D :D

M

Hi All,

Hot off the press........ Amir and Kate will be performing their new Showcase at Twyford on Boxing Day night!!!

Also, we've got Guest DJ 'Erick the Viking' spinning the decks in TWK's absence - with plently of freestyle till midnight!

Hope you all have a fab Christmas!

Bex

PS. there might even be the famous cookies again!! :drool:

ChrisA
23rd-December-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Bex
PS. there might even be the famous cookies again!! :drool: You mean they still aren't finished???

How many did you buy, for heavens sake? I think I had at least seven in all... :what:

Chris

Bex
23rd-December-2003, 12:52 PM
No, they all went we'll have to buy some more, oh I mean bake some more - you do know they are my secret receipe don't you!!!??

Bex

Mary
23rd-December-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Bex
Hi All,

Hot off the press........ Amir and Kate will be performing their new Showcase at Twyford on Boxing Day night!!!

Fabulous!!! :kiss:

Also, we've got Guest DJ 'Erick the Viking' spinning the decks in TWK's absence - with plently of freestyle till midnight!

Even more fabulous!!:kiss: :kiss: (No, not TwK's absence, Erick's presence - duh)

PS. there might even be the famous cookies again!! :drool: [/QUOTE]

Oh hell - even if I look at cookies that's another half a stone on.:mad: :mad:

M

Mary
23rd-December-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Bex

Amir and Kate will be performing their new Showcase at Twyford on Boxing Day night!!!

Shouldn't that read Amir and Will?:devil:

M

TheTramp
23rd-December-2003, 01:50 PM
Shouldn't that read Amir and Will?:devil:

M Or Kate and Will.

Obviously all 3 are totally interchangeable. They'll be bringing out dolls next.

Hurry.... Get your Will doll here.... :D

Steve

Jon L
23rd-December-2003, 01:55 PM
Or Kate and Will.

Obviously all 3 are totally interchangeable. They'll be bringing out dolls next.

Hurry.... Get your Will doll here.... :D
Steve

This reminds me as those six million dollar man and Bionic woman models that came out in the 1970's remember steve austin and the button in the back that you pressed to crank the arm :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: