PDA

View Full Version : Tango Tangk

jivecat
6th-August-2008, 09:20 PM
I've been interested in attending a Tango Tangk for some time but was highly intimidated by their web-site which has a long list of criteria which participants have to fulfill in order to avoid the humiliation of being confined to a fixed partner. (It's kind of the other way round in MJ/ WCS!)

Untitled Document (http://www.tangouk.co.uk/tangkskills.htm)

Having had the chance recently to dance with Steve Morrall, who runs the event, I've been rubber-stamped as "ready" for this experience, fairly amazing as I can't understand much of the stuff on the list. All I need now is a nominal partner to book with as places are then confirmed immediately. Anyone else interested?

I'd also like to hear from anyone who has done one of these events, and what sort of experience it was.

David Bailey
7th-August-2008, 08:32 AM
I'd also like to hear from anyone who has done one of these events, and what sort of experience it was.
I did one of these about 18 months back; excellent weekend. I had an excellent class with Korey Ireland, he's a God amongst Men, he is :respect:

It was very different from a large-scale MJ weekender - only one hall, maybe 200 people at the event in total, communal feeding and washing-up, that sort of thing. But it was good fun, and quite friendly, I'd definitely recommend it.