PDA

View Full Version : Regions Hack

Villemo
31st-July-2008, 09:49 PM
Hi,

I have a Tevion DVD recorder (think the model is RL-R6) that only plays region 2 dvd's.
Does anyone know a hack for region 1, or if not, does anyone know an affordable, good multiregion DVD player?
I have too many DVD's from the US to replace with region 2's.... please help me? <begs>

Thanks!

Dreadful Scathe
31st-July-2008, 10:14 PM
I usually go here (http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplayer=Tevion+&hits=50&Search=Search) - can't see that model listed though.

Of course you could get this one for £30 (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/133716/show_product_reviews) - multiregion hack in review.

ducasi
1st-August-2008, 12:03 AM
Amazon DVD players usually either come multi-region or they have info on how to 'fix' them.

Beowulf
1st-August-2008, 10:44 AM
try

Turn Player On
Open Disk Tray (Leave Open)
Using Remote Control Press 9 7 3 6
Select Region Required 0 (Zero) is Region Free
Close Disk Tray

I too have hundreds of region 1 DVDs but I made sure to buy a region free out of the box DVD player in the first instance. (Panasonic and not cheep.. :( )

Beowulf
1st-August-2008, 10:51 AM
Addendum

Most region protected DVD players.. if they can be region hacked go by the form as specified above.. open tray, type in 4 digit number, select region, reboot.

If the above code doesn't work .. there's only 10,000 numbers to try :wink:

Some (few) DVD players are hardware hackable. They sometimes have a little jumper switch on the motherboard.

Some (fewer still) are totally fixed. Nothing you can do to make a region 2 into a region 1 other then unsoldering the region protection chips and soldering in some new ones. Luckily these types tend to be rare these days.

Villemo
1st-August-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks guys.
Looks like I need to buy a new one, since non of the hacks I try will work.
30 pounds isn't going the break the budget (Mom!!!!!!), it just sucks having to do it since I have a region 2 one :tears:
Thanks for your help! :love:

In Norway they actually change the regions for you in the store, though I'm not sure how legal that is :p

philsmove
12th-January-2011, 01:03 PM
Can anyone recommend a "hack" for windows 7

I have only got 4 more changes left

Has any one used anyDVD

Dreadful Scathe
12th-January-2011, 09:37 PM
Can anyone recommend a "hack" for windows 7

I have only got 4 more changes left

Has any one used anyDVD
yes, use anydvd. it is a must have.