PDA

View Full Version : White Elephants...

Pammy
30th-October-2003, 04:57 PM
Just wondering how many other people have their cupboards cluttered with white elephants; useless things you have to have at the time, but only use once or twice...

Mine include:-

The rowing machine...
The exercise bike...
The facial steamer...
The foot bath...
The food processor (note this is a special as it's NEVER been used)

Still want a breadmaker to add to the list :blush:

Boomer
30th-October-2003, 05:12 PM
You have cupboards:really: I've a cardboard box in the corner :sad: ...no clutter here though, my days of compulsive-purchasing are well over. Did spend 50£ on some warhammer models and paint and stuff when I was a lot younger. They ended up with more dust than paint though.

Nasal hair clipper! Gimmiegimmiegimmiegimmie

Lounge Lizard
30th-October-2003, 05:21 PM
Sky TV - Turn TV, on zap thru about a 100 chanells find nothing worth warching, turn TV off, go dancing:grin:
Still subscribe just in case there is something worth watching.
p

Emma
31st-October-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Sky TV - Turn TV, on zap thru about a 100 chanells find nothing worth warching, turn TV off, go dancing:grin: :rofl: :rofl:

Pammy, I am so glad someone else has an unused rowing machine. Thought it was just me.

We have a bread machine and *use* it (er sometimes)

It's the juicer that languishes at the back of the cupboard....

Bill
31st-October-2003, 05:56 PM
Until a few months ago I had all my university notes ............ and I graduated in 1980. But a case of well you never know when they might be useful :rolleyes:

A work bench ( rarely used)
cat basket ( used for vet visits - the cat , not me :grin: )
tins of paint I might use again :rolleyes:
a tool box ( for a man who only really knows how to use a screwdriver!!)

Forte
31st-October-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Bill
Until a few months ago I had all my university notes ............ and I graduated in 1980. But a case of well you never know when they might be useful :rolleyes:

!!)

Me, too! Haven't need them in years and so threw them out a few months ago and guess what...teaching King Lear for the first time ever this year (it's on the Advanced Higher Syllabus) . Now I have to BUY a study guide cos I have forgotten it all!:what: