PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Fusion...

CJ
14th-July-2008, 12:20 PM
But worry not... I don't see it taking off here though!!!

try this (http://www.balletdeviare.org/Our_World/Our_World.html)

StokeBloke
14th-July-2008, 01:06 PM
Interesting to see stuff like this being done... kind of odd though :what:

Filthy Monkey
14th-July-2008, 02:02 PM
Are you thinking of swapping the gimp suit for a tutu? :really:

Pay attention, folks. This could be a sneak preview of the new showcase routine :yum:

~*~Saligal~*~
15th-July-2008, 03:23 AM
Some contemporary dance companies dance to stuff not much different to the heavy metal music... so I don't really see the difference

Lory
15th-July-2008, 08:57 AM
Because in the video the commentary covered up all the music, the ballet, just looked like ordinary ballet. I couldn't get a feel for it at all! :rolleyes:

bigdjiver
15th-July-2008, 11:47 AM
Not a useful clip. I dance with a few ballet trained MJers. They can be trusted to respect the music, and are amongst partners of choice when a track I love comes on.
However I have had problems with some ballet trained MJ newbies. They go into a ballet pose in neutral position. When I expect them to be standing there hand draped over mine they are leaning back with one foot slightly in front of the other, spare arm curved in the air.

So far I have reluctantly resorted to the brute force "MJ does it this way" approach. I feel that we are missing a great possibility for me to lead them into MJ moves in a ballet compatible fashion. I would like to see some ballet training clips that might give me some ideas how it could be done, if it could be done.

Liz McCaig
15th-July-2008, 07:07 PM
Ballet and Rock....can't resist. Count me in the audience if they ever visit the UK.... :nice: