PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix WCS event news!

FoxyFunkster
7th-July-2008, 06:46 PM
Good news from Phoenix for the UK WCS scene at the 4th of July Jack and Jill convention.

Paul Warden took 2nd place in the Advanced JnJ
Catriona Wiles took 4th Place in the Advanced JnJ
Steve Hunt took 2nd place in the Novice JnJ
Rachel Martino made the final in the Novice JnJ

i`ll post a full review when i`ve returned to the land of living!

Results in full

4th of July Convention Contest Winners - 2008 (http://www.gpsdc.com/July4th/2007-2008/Contest%20Results%202008.htm)

DS87
7th-July-2008, 08:44 PM
:clap: Great news, well done to everyone :respect:

robd
7th-July-2008, 10:57 PM
Well done to all.

Interesting to see a mix of the old and new school in the Champions JnJ placings.

NZ Monkey
7th-July-2008, 11:29 PM
Well done to all.

Interesting to see a mix of the old and new school in the Champions JnJ placings.From what little I hear it seems like there's a movement back toward the dances roots in the competition scene at the moment.

Of course, this is just me reading between the lines of a few off-hand comments I've heard on-line so I could be well off base.

Caro
8th-July-2008, 10:45 AM
Congrats :D :clap:

Looks like some clips are on youtube already, here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F99BsGeOL6Y) are the winners in Champions, John Lindo and Stephanie Batista :worthy:

Lory
8th-July-2008, 11:59 AM
John Lindo and Stephanie Batista :worthy:

Wow, they looked like they were having a ball!! :worthy:

I wanna dance with him! :yeah: :na:

mikeyr
8th-July-2008, 12:00 PM
"GOOD JOB" :D Seriously though,well done to everyone :respect::cheers::clap:

Caro
8th-July-2008, 12:00 PM
I wanna dance with him! :yeah: :na:

blackpool in just over a month... :drool:

Top Bird
8th-July-2008, 12:36 PM
They just make it look so easy and are having so much fun at the same time. That definitely had the "wow" factor. :clap:

TA Guy
8th-July-2008, 01:11 PM
From what little I hear it seems like there's a movement back toward the dances roots in the competition scene at the moment.

Of course, this is just me reading between the lines of a few off-hand comments I've heard on-line so I could be well off base.

Got the same impression, the forum I read referred to it as a 'west coast swingers' versus 'westies' battle :)

Personally, I think a lot of the top winning routines now are so abstract you could make an argument they should be disqualified on the grounds of not being west coast. *shrug*. For better heads than mine to decide :)