PDA

View Full Version : Amir Gilles workshop... any available men?

tufty007
28th-October-2003, 11:34 AM
I stupidly, and may I add, disorganisedly didn't attempt to sign up for the Amir Gilles workshop until last week.

It's now only possible for women (and guys as well, I think) to book up if they go with a partner. To keep numbers even. This doesn't mean you would be stuck dancing with me all day, normal changing partner rules will apply!!!

It just means that I need to find a man to go with me or I can't go :tears:

So if any male who hasn't signed up for the workshop, would be so gracious as to sign up with me, as my "dance partner", I would be eternally grateful.

Nicola (Glasgow)

tufty007
29th-October-2003, 11:57 AM
Oh come on, surely someone can help me out here???

Does anyone have any suggestions of guys I could possible hassle about attending then?

Dreadful Scathe
29th-October-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by tufty007
Oh come on, surely someone can help me out here???

Does anyone have any suggestions of guys I could possible hassle about attending then?

sorry, i think most of us are already going :(
and I dont know anyone who isnt who may want to!

Ian W
29th-October-2003, 12:50 PM
Too late! I just signed-up last week :(

Did you ask Lindsay to put your name on the waiting list? I think she said in another thread that she may open it up for more ladies if she can get more men to sign-up.

Ian

Gadget
29th-October-2003, 01:51 PM
When, Where and how much is it again?
{don't get any hopes up: probably can't afford the time or pennies, but would like to go.}

Ian W
29th-October-2003, 01:58 PM
See http://www.boogienights.net/

Ian

spindr
29th-October-2003, 02:29 PM
No names, no pack drill...

...some ladies of my acquaintance have got so fed up with various companies requiring them to book as a couple, that they've now developed an invisible male dance partner. Said partner, regularly seems to have to cancel at the last minute -- or to develop diplomatic flu, etc.

Now, if only I lived closer to Edinburgh...

NEil.

Emma
29th-October-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by spindr
...some ladies of my acquaintance have got so fed up with various companies requiring them to book as a couple, Ooh, so glad to hear that this irritates other people too!! I was thinking of putting this on the list of things that make me go GRRR :nice:
that they've now developed an invisible male dance partner. Said partner, regularly seems to have to cancel at the last minute -- or to develop diplomatic flu, etc. What a *naughty* thing to do...lucky I'm not that kind of girl and would never ever contemplate that :innocent: (bloody good idea!!)

TheTramp
29th-October-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by spindr
...some ladies of my acquaintance have got so fed up with various companies requiring them to book as a coupleOriginally posted by Emma
Ooh, so glad to hear that this irritates other people too!! I was thinking of putting this on the list of things that make me go GRRR :nice:But presumably, you'd also be feeling rather GRRR if you turned up to a workshop, and there were 20 ladies on. Which is what often happens (or at Camber, where there can be 50 ladies on).

I'm sure that the organisers would love to have all the women there, as that's just more money. I'm kinda grateful that they do try to match up the genders - though I do understand that it must be frustrating to be told that you can only come if you bring a man.

Steve

Emma
29th-October-2003, 07:16 PM
But presumably, you'd also be feeling rather GRRR if you turned up to a workshop, and there were 20 ladies on. Which is what often happens (or at Camber, where there can be 50 ladies on).

I'm sure that the organisers would love to have all the women there, as that's just more money. I'm kinda grateful that they do try to match up the genders - though I do understand that it must be frustrating to be told that you can only come if you bring a man.

Steve
Actually if I turned somewhere and there were 20 ladies on, that'd just be pretty normal. As a woman I am used to being in the majority when it comes to dancing. In a workshop it *would* be a pain though, you're right. I'm also used to it happening at Camber - overcrowded workshops seem to be the norm there. Fortunately usually the teacher does something sensible like putting women in between couples so actually you end up moving on only one, but dancing every other turn, as it were. I think 4 or 5 women over would be acceptable in a workshop situation.

I find it *extremely* frustrating when workshops are run as 'partnered only' (unless it's a 'Mikey' type workshop, or something like aerials, obviously) Ceroc London were doing this for a while and in the end I just didn't bother to read the emails that came through about their workshops. Fortunately I have found other franchises to take my business to! :nice:

michael
29th-October-2003, 07:27 PM
Quote from Steve: or at Camber, where there can be 50 ladies on).

And what are the directions on how to get there from Glasgow steve:devil: :D :D

TheTramp
29th-October-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by michael
Quote from Steve: or at Camber, where there can be 50 ladies on).

And what are the directions on how to get there from Glasgow steve:devil: :D :D Head South.

Steve

Emma
29th-October-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Head South.

Steve Yeah you should be able to find it by the big queue of women!! *grin*

TheTramp
29th-October-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Yeah you should be able to find it by the big queue of women!! *grin* Usually trying to get out of dancing with me! :tears:

Steve

michael
29th-October-2003, 07:39 PM
I might have to go the long way though and pass Dundee as i heard a rumour the girls are plenty of superb dancers up there and they are teaching all the guys how to dance properly:yum: :D :D

Gadget
30th-October-2003, 02:26 PM
If you're passing Dundee on the way South from Glasgow, then you don't need to find a lady; she'll be beside you, map reading :devil: :devil:

Tiggerbabe
30th-October-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
If you're passing Dundee on the way South from Glasgow, then you don't need to find a lady; she'll be beside you, map reading :devil: :devil:

ooooooooh! soooooooo soooooooooo brave! Just as well you said "lady" or you might just be the recipient of a skelped lug young fellow-me-lad :wink: