PDA

View Full Version : Musselburgh Video Clip

DaveD
25th-October-2003, 12:02 PM
Here is a short video clip of the highlights from Musselburgh. Denise and Neil as Minnie and Mickey, Melanie and James, Alley Cats, Fatal Attraction, Sheena and the Tramp, Denise (the other one!) and David.

I had a great time, hope you enjoy this reminder of a brilliant weekend.

Dave

bigdjiver
25th-October-2003, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the clip, a great advert for the dance. Is there any chance you could put some more up somewhere?

Pretty, pretty please?

DaveD
25th-October-2003, 02:23 PM
Could certainly do more, but I'm conscious that (a) quality isn't very good if you get the file size manageble- This clip is 1 minute 15 and is 500k bytes.

If I limit the file to 1 Meg (for those like me who don't have broadband :sad: ), I could get a couple of minutes at this resolution, or trade off higher quality for less time.

Preferences?

Dave

Tweetie
25th-October-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by DaveD

If I limit the file to 1 Meg (for those like me who don't have broadband :sad: ), I could get a couple of minutes at this resolution, or trade off higher quality for less time.

Preferences?

Can you not upload them to a website in quicktime format, that way it'll start playing right away - better for those without broadband. I have web space available - i was going to put up a few clips of my own anyway.

So you could send them to me and ill make them available :).

er..this is Dreadful Scathe by the way ;)

look...log off...how many times do i have to tell you...SLAP! ow.. ok stop hitting me

TheTramp
25th-October-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Fi__
er..this is Dreadful Scathe by the way ;)

look...log off...how many times do i have to tell you...SLAP! ow.. ok stop hitting me I dunno. You'd think a computer genius would be able to log himself in, wouldn't you, and not have to rely on his girlfriend :wink:

Steve

bigdjiver
25th-October-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Fi__
Can you not upload them to a website in quicktime format, that way it'll start playing right away - better for those without broadband. I have web space available - i was going to put up a few clips of my own anyway.

So you could send them to me and ill make them available :).

I do not have Quicktime (or want it). Windows media player plays it as soon as it has a full buffer, so Broadband users get a quick start.

The .mp3 extension is baffling, that is an audio format. Media player plays it with whatever extension I have tried changing it to, but complains that the extension is incorrect.

If my film editing packages will accept it with the correct extension I too am willing to have a go at it. I could try clipping the viewing area to show only the relevant action, perhaps reducing the frame rate and / or the number of colours. These methods can greatly increase the amount that can be shown for a given filesize. I have done these things for other peoples films, but none of them want web exposure. I too can offer webspace.

DaveD
26th-October-2003, 09:14 AM
This was my third attempt to upload. The forum only accepts specific file extensions, :confused: so my first attempt at streaming video (.wmv) and second with normal mpeg (.mpg) were rejected.

I tried the mp3 format, and windows media player seems to understand that the file has video content, but music software such as Ejay only picks up the audio track.

I'm working on a second set of highlights and will post when I get it finished!

Dave

DaveD
26th-October-2003, 10:15 AM
Here's a second clip featuring Dave Hancock and Monika, Dreadful Scathe and Fi, and Steve and Irene

Dave

bigdjiver
26th-October-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by DaveD
Here's a second clip featuring Dave Hancock and Monika, Dreadful Scathe and Fi, and Steve and Irene

Dave

Do you have any problem with me circulating these clips to people that want to know what Modern Jive is about?

I do not know of any clips that are freely available to show what the basic dance looks like, what it looks like as an art-form, how much fun there is in it, and the excitement of competition acrobatics.

Daphne
26th-October-2003, 01:32 PM
Fabulous!!

DaveD
26th-October-2003, 05:45 PM
Please feel free to circulate the clips. I have a copy on my PDA for the same reason. People ask about modern Jive, and its much easier to show them than explain!

Dave

Dreadful Scathe
27th-October-2003, 10:30 AM
Theres footage of the Alley Cats and Fatal Attraction routines on http://www.planetscathe.com/

Comments welcome ;)