PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Party

Franck
24th-October-2003, 12:46 PM
Hey guys, just a quick reminder that the party is tonight in the Northern Hotel, 1 Great Northern Road... from 8.00pm 'til 1.00am. tickets £7.00 available at the door.

This will also be the first chance to get the Beach Ballroom tickets, for the Jive Aces night on the 22nd November, and they will sell like hot cakes :nice:

Anyone wanting party tickets for the week-end can email me in the first instance and then send a cheque (payable to Ceroc Scotland) to:
Ceroc Scotland
5 Thorndene Court
Falkirk
FK1 5JY

Tickets will be £10.00 (for the Beach Ballroom, not for tonight), and as advertised you'll be able to get a package deal including a number of pick&mix workshops. The full list / timetable of workshops will be available on Monday, but includes such workshops as:

- left handed moves (ladies' left hand), a new dimmension to your dancing!
- Ladies prerogative: how to take the initiative and what to do once you have it... plus ideas for the men who want to encourage improvisation in their partners.
- Safe dips and drops: Some of the nicer, easy to lead and follow dips and drops, with extra focus on safety... :)
- Beginners +: something for people who are not beginners any longer, but not quite ready for the more advanced / intermeditate workshops... plenty of style, leading and useful variations on moves.

Plus a couple more surprises which will be announced on Monday!

Franck.

Dave Hancock
24th-October-2003, 03:23 PM
When the full list goes out on Monday would it be possible to have the teachers posted next to which classes they'll be teaching.

Cheers

Sandy
25th-October-2003, 10:44 AM
The Aberdeen party was such a good night. Started slowly but built up to a really nice crowd. Lots of different types of music (brilliant Steve!) and lots of nice folk to dance with.

I love this venue Franck, so much nicer than the Market Street one.

Got me in the mood (as if I had to be put in the mood!) for Las Palmas:grin: Did I happen to mention I was going on a dance holiday!:wink:

Cheers

Sandy

PS: got my tickets for the Beach Party in November, definitely a party not to be missed:drool:

Bill
28th-October-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Sandy

PS: got my tickets for the Beach Party in November, definitely a party not to be missed:drool:

yes..............and I'll miss it :tears: :sick: .............but at least I'll have had some fun in Las Palmas :cheers: :D

Sandy
29th-October-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Bill
yes..............and I'll miss it :tears: :sick: .............but at least I'll have had some fun in Las Palmas :cheers: :D

Ooooooooh yes Bill, getting so excited:grin: May not be much talking on the way to the airport though.......not at 2am!

Can almost taste my first Sangria:wink:

Sandy

Forte
29th-October-2003, 02:25 PM
Ooooooooh yes Bill, getting so excited:grin: May not be much talking on the way to the airport though.......not at 2am!

Can almost taste my first Sangria:wink:

Sandy

Stop making the rest of us jealous!!:tears: :tears:

Actually it is worth a thread of its own..then we can all vicariously share in your fun. What d'ya think?:cheers:

Sandy
29th-October-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Forte
Stop making the rest of us jealous!!:tears: :tears:

Actually it is worth a thread of its own..then we can all vicariously share in your fun. What d'ya think?:cheers:

Excellent idea, followed by a "what went on in Las Palmas" thread! Eh maybe not!:devil:

I must admit I have bored all my friends with talk of Ceroc over the last 20 months but over the last week I must have put them into a coma just about!

What to pack, just not enough room in one case!

Sandy:wink:

Bill
29th-October-2003, 06:18 PM

What to pack, just not enough room in one case!

having the same problems :rolleyes: ............. enough shoes, two fancy dress outfits, dance outfits for the day and more for the evening :sick: at least the shorts and swimming trunks won't take up much room ...................... sun, sea, sand, dancing, a little drink. Oh it'll be hell :wink: :na:

Forte
29th-October-2003, 07:44 PM
having the same problems :rolleyes: ............. enough shoes, two fancy dress outfits, dance outfits for the day and more for the evening :sick: at least the shorts and swimming trunks won't take up much room ...................... sun, sea, sand, dancing, a little drink. Oh it'll be hell :wink: :na:

and your stockings and suspenders :wink:

Lorna
29th-October-2003, 10:23 PM
Oooh, can't wait. Been to town this afternoon and got myself a really cool silver top and a groovy little top for both themed party nights, not to mention the £40 spent in Claire's accessories.

Bill and I have met up now and have decided at least what we will teach on our first day. Not bad, if I do say so myself. :wink:

Thank you Bill for coming round the other night. :hug:

I am soooooooo excited about this holiday.

See you all there,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Forte
29th-October-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Lorna
Oooh, can't wait. Been to town this afternoon and got myself a really cool silver top and a groovy little top for both themed party nights, not to mention the £40 spent in Claire's accessories.

Bill and I have met up now and have decided at least what we will teach on our first day. Not bad, if I do say so myself. :wink:

Thank you Bill for coming round the other night. :hug:

See you all there,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Franck! We've been hijacked! This is an Aberdeen thread and they won't stop making us jealous about this holiday!:tears: :tears: :wink:

Sandy
30th-October-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Lorna

See you all there,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

:D :grin: :) :na: just not enough smilies to describe how I feel about this holiday! Dreaming about it now. Sorry folks who aren't going, don't mean to rub it in:devil: Just can't help myself!

The 70's theme is causing a bit of a problem, any hints? Was it flares, minis???

Any UCP in there Lorna & Bill??? With all that heat we'll just be slipping and sliding about:wink:

Singing the Madonna song to myself at the moment "It's a holiday!" or something like that!

Promise I'll stop now

Sandy x

Pammy
30th-October-2003, 11:10 AM
What is dress-code for Beach Ballroom please so us Lundanas can prepare...

Px

Dave Hancock
30th-October-2003, 11:19 AM
Believe they are going for a beach theme, so a bikini and grass skirt would probably suffice:waycool:

Sandy
30th-October-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
Believe they are going for a beach theme, so a bikini and grass skirt would probably suffice:waycool:

Nice try Dave! is that what you'll be wearing???:devil:

Looking forward to catching up with you

Sandy x

Chicklet
30th-October-2003, 12:39 PM
Sandy x

It wouldn't be the first time he's been seen in one!

Boomer
30th-October-2003, 12:48 PM

Right you are mate, grass skirt and bikini it is. :cheers:

Dave Hancock
30th-October-2003, 12:53 PM

Looking forward to catching up with you

Am sure you could get away with that outfit, rumour has it that you are off on holiday soon!

Look forward to seeing you, save us a slow one:kiss:

Dave Hancock
30th-October-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
It wouldn't be the first time he's been seen in one!

Just want to point out that this is a reference to the grass skirt, never worn a bikini (well not that I can remaber anyway!)

Pammy
30th-October-2003, 12:57 PM
and so attire is... actually... along the lines of...

:blush:

Boomer
30th-October-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
and so attire is... actually... along the lines of...

:blush:

Hawai 5-0....my god, she's bringing a thread back on topic :what: Sure even Dave can't 'remaber' the last time that happened.

Actually, is it casual or black-tie?:confused:

Dave Hancock
30th-October-2003, 01:07 PM
Believe there is no dress code, but the band is swingy so perhaps it'd be an idea to be smart'ish with the b&w shoes, with something a little more casual for later on.

Sandy
30th-October-2003, 01:21 PM
Am sure you could get away with that outfit, rumour has it that you are off on holiday soon!

Look forward to seeing you, save us a slow one:kiss:

Pity you can't come to Las Palmas Dave:tears: but will most definitely keep you a slow one:wink:

Bye for now

Sandy:kiss:

Franck
30th-October-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Actually, is it casual or black-tie?:confused: Definitely not black-tie, though anyone wanting to dress to the occasion is welcome to do so... I might do it myself :D

Because this is primarily a dance event, I'd like everyone to feel comfortable, but it would be nice if everyone made a bit of an effort and looked good too :nice: :waycool:

So no need to spend money hiring kilts / tux, unless you want and can afford to!

Franck.

Forte
30th-October-2003, 01:37 PM
Right you are mate, grass skirt and bikini it is. :cheers:

No! No! Not if you look like your avatar!!!:eek: You will have to have a major waxing session....:what:

Boomer
30th-October-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Definitely not black-tie, though anyone wanting to dress to the occasion is welcome to do so... I might do it myself :D

Because this is primarily a dance event, I'd like everyone to feel comfortable, but it would be nice if everyone made a bit of an effort and looked good too :nice: :waycool:

So no need to spend money hiring kilts / tux, unless you want and can afford to!

Franck.

Dave, Franck :cheers: Was intially only joking about the Black-tie....but thinking abut it...I do quite like them...maybe, just maybe :grin: :waycool:

Boomer
30th-October-2003, 01:41 PM
No! No! Not if you look like your avatar!!!:eek: You will have to have a major waxing session....:what:

Nah, won't bother with waxing, think about it, grass-skirt and hair - an effortless synthesis of fibers - where does the skirt end...more improtantly, where does the hair start? :what:

Pammy
30th-October-2003, 01:42 PM

Actually, it's more like this :tears: :tears: :tears:

Didn't he tell you his favourite song was Blue Moon?

Forte
30th-October-2003, 01:44 PM
How the heck does he lead with a paw grip like that?!!:what:

Boomer
30th-October-2003, 01:49 PM
Ladies, when following during a dance please remember that a tight grip is not only not essential, but can be quite painful for the lead - so be gentle with me in Aberdeen, at the BB (Back on topic!!!! :grin: )

Dreadful Scathe
30th-October-2003, 02:22 PM
so be gentle with me in Aberdeen, at the BB (Back on topic!!!! :grin: )

You bringing up any more weird southerners with you? :)

Pammy
30th-October-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

no, just me :wink:

he he beat him to the post he he

:waycool:

Boomer
30th-October-2003, 02:35 PM

Good question :what:! Aprt from her above me, any other Southerners planning on bringing some style, class, elegence and culture to the 'Deen?:cheers:

I'm getting quite excited about all this you know, my first 'dance' weekend away...is LL gonna be starkers apart from his socks though :what: ?

Pammy
30th-October-2003, 02:38 PM
is LL gonna be starkers apart from his socks though :what: ?

Another wrong mouse click Boo; you should've click PM for that request :what: :really: :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
30th-October-2003, 02:50 PM
Still, the ladies of Aberdeen do have this to look forward to.....

Forte
30th-October-2003, 02:54 PM
This is the Aberdeen thread so no apologies for my post here...The Northern Lights are going to be very visible to those of us who live out in the country and away from city street lighting tomorrow night...they were amazing last night in Perthshire...
aurora borealis....

I am gonna get it for this post aren't I? Still if you catch a look you'll thank me for it....:nice:

Boomer
30th-October-2003, 02:59 PM

:rofl: Oh funney, real funny :D

This is the Aberdeen thread so no apologies for my post here...The Northern Lights are going to be very visible to those of us who live out in the country and away from city street lighting tomorrow night...they were amazing last night in Perthshire...
aurora borealis....

I am gonna get it for this post aren't I? Still if you catch a look you'll thank me for it....:nice:

All my life I've wanted to see them. I really do envy you, watch a couple for me hun?

Forte
30th-October-2003, 03:01 PM
:rofl: Oh funney, real funny :D

All my life I've wanted to see them. I really do envy you, watch a couple for me hun?

Awww! :hug: And I thought you were going to be scary...Sure.

Bill
30th-October-2003, 06:07 PM

Well let's hope he only does that to himself !! Think the lasdies might object if he tries rubbing them..............or maybe not:D

Boomer
30th-October-2003, 06:10 PM
Well let's hope he only does that to himself !! Think the lasdies might object if he tries rubbing them..............or maybe not:D

From what I've heard and read....maybe not :devil: Fear not, contrary to any gossip, I'm a mild-manned very well behaved young man :innocent:. Fear not Forte, DS et al (I'm worried...he's smiling a lot these days :what: he's big isn't he? :sick: ), I shall be wearing neither a tux, nor a grass shirt. Just seen the skirt McGregster's bought for me, its gorgeous. Can't wait for the 22nd :cheers:

LilyB
30th-October-2003, 08:56 PM
AHEM!!!!!!! Who you calling weird southerners ??? :reallymad :reallymad :reallymad

LilyB

Dreadful Scathe
31st-October-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by LilyB
AHEM!!!!!!! Who you calling weird southerners ??? :reallymad :reallymad :reallymad

Im calling the 'weird southerners' weird southerners and, as you are not a weird southerner why are you worried ? :)

Maybe you think you are weird ? :) i know i am :)

Bill
31st-October-2003, 05:51 PM

Maybe you think you are weird ? :) i know i am :)

and never a truer word was spoken :rofl:

and you are from the south ..........well at least from where I am.

but we like you just the way you are. Just as well Mrs DS loves weird men eh :D

linda
1st-November-2003, 01:19 PM
be gentle with me in Aberdeen, at the BB (Back on topic!!!! :grin: )

Hi Boomer,

Of course we'll be gentle with you, we'll be soooo gentle with you, you'll think you're in Heaven:wink: :wink: Looking forward to meeting you at BB. :grin:

Linda:hug:
(The quiet one, Dundee MAd Crew)

linda
1st-November-2003, 01:24 PM

Just the ladies of Aberdeen???:tears: What about the rest of us???

Linda
:kiss:

PS Great dance last night at Route 66 :wink:

Boomer
10th-November-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by linda
Hi Boomer,
Of course we'll be gentle with you, we'll be soooo gentle with you, you'll think you're in Heaven:wink: :wink: Looking forward to meeting you at BB. :grin:
Linda:hug:
(The quiet one, Dundee MAd Crew)

I wouldn't say this sounds ominous...but the sky are clear and I swear I just heard thunder :what:

Just out of interest, is there anything happening in the 21st?

Dance Demon
11th-November-2003, 01:14 AM

There's Route 66 in Edinburgh, Boomer...be pleased to see you if you decide to come along. Details on www.route66jive.com
:cheers:

Lindsay
12th-November-2003, 04:05 PM

Maybe... Looks painful though, he's even created crevasses from where his fingers have been...

Boomer
12th-November-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Lindsay
Maybe... Looks painful though, he's even created crevasses from where his fingers have been...

Oh, we're still downstairs...never mind then :grin:

DD :sad: Flying straight into Dyce, so it's unlikely I'll make it to Edinburgh, which is a shame coz I've always fancied going there.

Tiggerbabe
12th-November-2003, 04:35 PM

There is something on in the Forum Nightclub, City Centre, Aberdeen.

I'm sure lots of the "Aberdeen Massive" will be there........if you're arriving in time Boomer, you should head along. Looking forward to meeting and dancing with you. :waycool:

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
13th-November-2003, 11:14 AM
So this is the BB I've been reading about- dohhhhh!
Hope there's tickets left for the evening :confused:

Tiggerbabe
13th-November-2003, 11:34 AM
Have just taken the following from the Ceroc Scotland Newsletter - for anyone coming up to the Beach Ballroom who hasn't yet sorted their accomodation. The Patio is very, very close to the BB (this is where I'm staying) but I'm not sure about the rest of them.

For anyone wishing accommodation close to the venue try :-
www.patiohotels.com - ph 01224 633339
www.bimini.co.uk - ph 01224 646912
www.campbellsguesthouse.com - ph 01224 625444
www.lilliancottage.demon.co.uk - ph 01224 636947
www.jaysguesthouse.co.uk - ph 01224 638295
www.premierlodge.com - Aberdeen City Centre, Inverlair House ph 01224 624080

www.visitscotland.com/accommodation/?view=Standard - is the Tourist Board’s official site for further searches.

Hope it helps,
Sheen xx

Boomer
13th-November-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
There is something on in the Forum Nightclub, City Centre, Aberdeen.

I'm sure lots of the "Aberdeen Massive" will be there........if you're arriving in time Boomer, you should head along. Looking forward to meeting and dancing with you. :waycool:

Now that goes into my diary :cheers: Must admit to being a tad, just a tad mind you, a tad nervous about the 'Scottish Crew' :what: The general, implied concensus seems to be 'THEY'RE ALL BLOODY HEADBANGERS!', in a nice way of course :grin: and I really am a frgile, delicate lil flower :sad: Don't break me.

See ya there! :cheers:

DD, been hearing some good stuff about Route66 and I will get there. With my birthday on 1st Jan, would like to celebrate it in Scotland, coz of the hog'smoney thing, and as I've always wanted to visit the Edinburgh, well a couple of birds with one stone maybe :nice:

9 days and counting :grin:

Forte
13th-November-2003, 12:13 PM
Now that goes into my diary :cheers: Must admit to being a tad, just a tad mind you, a tad nervous about the 'Scottish Crew' :what: The general, implied concensus seems to be 'THEY'RE ALL BLOODY HEADBANGERS!', in a nice way of course :grin: and I really am a frgile, delicate lil flower :sad: Don't break me.

9 days and counting :grin:

Me and Linda are quiet....:wink:

TheTramp
13th-November-2003, 12:20 PM
Me and Linda are quiet....:wink: Me too :D

Steve

Boomer
13th-November-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Me too :D

Steve

Now I know the truth of that :rofl:
And that sets up my fears for this.

I want my mummy! :tears:

Sandy
13th-November-2003, 01:29 PM

I am very shy and need a lot of encouragement to let myself go:rolleyes:

Hope to see you there, it's a great venue:wink:

Sandy

Boomer
13th-November-2003, 03:59 PM
I am very shy and need a lot of encouragement to let myself go:rolleyes: Yeh yeah yeah, they all say that..then before you know it you're being dragged onto the floor, your screams of 'I can only do the arm-jive and side-to-side' are ignored and you're being back-led into god alone knows what kind of blues move and/or dip/swing/lob/googlie , oh yeah sure 'need help to let yourself go' :tears: I'm a dead man :sad:

Pammy
13th-November-2003, 04:03 PM
they all say that..then .......

Well, you're obviously not one of *them* then are you! :wink:

Bill
13th-November-2003, 05:33 PM
AS I can't be there will someone please volunteer to dance with as many women as possible on my behalf please :na: :D

I'll be there in spirit though..................:wink:

TheTramp
13th-November-2003, 05:38 PM
AS I can't be there will someone please volunteer to dance with as many women as possible on my behalf please :na: :D

I'll be there in spirit though..................:wink: Bill.... because it's you. I'll see what I can do :wink: Anything for a friend :D

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
13th-November-2003, 05:41 PM

Can your spirit please possess my body then so i can dance better ? thanks in advance ;)

Pammy
13th-November-2003, 05:44 PM
Can your spirit please possess my body then so i can dance better ? thanks in advance ;)

Having personally experienced the smurf effect, I can say you have nothing at all to worry about DS, you're a fab dancer :hug:

Boomer
13th-November-2003, 07:19 PM

Impossible! It's a proven fact thay smurfeys don't have souls, so they cannot be possessed (lot of 's's in that word). Preposterous!
Could we please try to preserve some degree of sanity on this forum? What ever next!?! Someone from S-Club 7-degrees of tosh releasing a semi-decent single!?! Ha, I ask you.

Forte
13th-November-2003, 09:31 PM

Here am I still working up the courage to ask you to dance (never done it before) and thinking...maybe at BB and tush! You won't be there...I don't know!:rolleyes:

Bill
14th-November-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Bill.... because it's you. I'll see what I can do :wink: Anything for a friend :D

Steve

you're just so obliging............ever the gent. What a hardship to have to dance all night at the BB with so many wonderful women.

You'll have to enjoy yourself twice as much on my behalf..........Ok !!:D

Bill
14th-November-2003, 12:47 PM
Here am I still working up the courage to ask you to dance (never done it before) and thinking...maybe at BB and tush! You won't be there...I don't know!:rolleyes:

But now I've seen you .......... and your wings I know who you are so I'll be looking for you at the parties.

You'll have to make it to the Edinburgh party soon - or possibly the Dunblane party ? Lovley picture by the way :wink:

Forte
14th-November-2003, 02:23 PM
But now I've seen you .......... and your wings I know who you are so I'll be looking for you at the parties.

You'll have to make it to the Edinburgh party soon - or possibly the Dunblane party ? Lovley picture by the way :wink:

Yes...I rather like the way my hair is all sticking to my head in that "I've just danced six in a row and I am sweating like a pig" look that we dance addicts favour so often...:rofl:

I look forward to a dance but I shall have to chant my mantra "show no fear" coz you are one of the ones I would have put in the overawed and intimidated thread...(that's a compliment, by the way!):blush:

Boomer
14th-November-2003, 02:34 PM
Brainwave moment, feel free to ignore.

No idea of the practicalities of this, but what about a net terminal at BB? 1) All the addicts get a chance to post ‘live-feed’ comments/insults/taunts and to rub it in to those who can’t make it 2) Maybe drum-up some new Forumites, give them a chance to see what they’re missing.

As I said, Brainwave moment, and also too much coffee :blush:

Bill
14th-November-2003, 02:56 PM
Yes...I rather like the way my hair is all sticking to my head in that "I've just danced six in a row and I am sweating like a pig" look that we dance addicts favour so often...:rofl:

Well it works for me !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I look forward to a dance but I shall have to chant my mantra "show no fear" coz you are one of the ones I would have put in the overawed and intimidated thread...(that's a compliment, by the way!):blush:

Nothing to be afraid of............I'm very gentle and I can cover up my mistakes pretty well these days :wink:

Gadget
14th-November-2003, 03:28 PM
No idea of the practicalities of this, but what about a net terminal at BB? 1) All the addicts get a chance to post ‘live-feed’ comments/insults/taunts and to rub it in to those who can’t make it 2) Maybe drum-up some new Forumites, give them a chance to see what they’re missing. Good idea...

For it to work properly and be dynamic, we need a 'chat room' area of the forum.

And it could be hooked up to one of these 'ticker' scrolling text thingies.

Then everyone can spend their time posting/reading, and I'll have my choice of dance partners while everyone's engrossed.
And they won't see any mistakes either.... this plan gets better and better :grin:

Franck
17th-November-2003, 05:11 PM
Following the discussiong on the 'eating and dancing' thread, I was busy organizing a buffet for the band etc... on the Saturday night in the Beach Ballroom, and I wondered if some of you would like the option to have a bite to eat together there... Instead of struggling to find a reasonable restaurant and wait for hours to be served :nice:

I could organize a warm buffet for £10.00 - canapés selection, chicken & veg satay (peanut sauce), paté and oatcakes, crispy duck spring rolls & plum sauce, vegetable pakora (yoghurt + mint dip), cocktail sausage rolls.

The Buffet would be served in the Northern Lights Function Suite, above the Beach Ballroom, from 6.30pm or 7.00pm

I will need definite numbers before Wednesday lunchtime, so I can book it, so if you're interested, email, pm or post here!

Franck.

Tiggerbabe
18th-November-2003, 02:37 AM
Sounds good to me Franck - and a fair few of the people I was speaking to in Dundee tonight - 7pm would suit me better as it would give anyone who's attending the last workshop time to get a quick shower and change before heading over.

Count me in! :D

Franck
18th-November-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Sounds good to me Franck - and a fair few of the people I was speaking to in Dundee tonight - 7pm would suit me better as it would give anyone who's attending the last workshop time to get a quick shower and change before heading over. No worries :nice: the time was only indicative. I'm not sure when the band will want to eat, though I suspect sometimes after they've set up everything...
I could have the buffet ready for 7.30pm... giving everyone the chance to have a shower / change after the last workshop!
A light buffet, for as many people as want in (I'll be booking it anyway for the band) and a chance to have some good food, and meet the band before the dancing! :cheers:

Franck.

Tiggerbabe
18th-November-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Franck
I could have the buffet ready for 7.30pm... giving everyone the chance to have a shower / change after the last workshop!
A light buffet, for as many people as want in (I'll be booking it anyway for the band) and a chance to have some good food, and meet the band before the dancing! :cheers: 7.30 would be even better - perfect! :kiss:

linda
18th-November-2003, 10:05 AM
As ever Franck, one step ahead:grin: !

Great idea, wasn't dancing last night, was otherwise engaged:wink: :wink: so couldn't tell Sheena.. But yes, count me in.

It's gonna be a great weekend!!!!:grin:

Linda
:kiss: :kiss:

TheTramp
18th-November-2003, 10:28 AM
I'd go with the buffet. Sounds like a great idea (easier to get food, and a great chance to chat with some friends too).

Only thought about having it at 7:30 would be that half hour later, we'd be dancing.... not always pleasant on a full stomach. Maybe slightly earlier might be better - although, I do appreciate that it doesn't give people much time after the last workshop....

Steve

Gadget
18th-November-2003, 11:04 AM
I'd be up for that to - although as Tramp says, 1/2 an hour to eat and digest is a bit short... compromise at 7:15?

Tiggerbabe
18th-November-2003, 11:10 AM
7.15 - Brilliant Gadget - but sure I could rush and make 7 if I had to.

Oh and Clinton, from Dundee would like counted too Franck :hug:

Heather
18th-November-2003, 01:40 PM
:D :D As Linda says, Franck is one step ahead as usual!!!! (Not a comment on his dancing skills of course!!!!!).
Count me in Franck, the buffet sounds good to me, I don't think I could dance after a big heavy sit-down meal.
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

Franck
18th-November-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
I'd be up for that to - although as Tramp says, 1/2 an hour to eat and digest is a bit short... compromise at 7:15? I'm not too worried about the time, and can arrange it for 7.15pm
I will also try and book a few vegetarian options. So let me know if you require it.

I will also get the bar to open earlier, so that we can all have a drink, though iced water will be available.
Keep the names coming as I'll confirm the numbers tomorrow (Wednesday) lunchtime!

Tickets for the party are now almost sold out (only 30/40 tickets left) so don't delay, or just turn up as I would hate to have to turn anyone away!

The workshops are now all fully booked, except for a couple of female spaces on the Left-handed moves on the Saturday.

Franck.

Pammy
20th-November-2003, 05:31 PM
I've just been told to stop being so happy?!

I can't help it if I'm excited can I???!!! :grin:

T-45

Px

linda
21st-November-2003, 02:43 AM
keep on smiling Pammy!!!!

Just you keep on being happy:grin: :grin:!!!

You're in good company, all of us Dundee MAd Crew are really happy too:grin: :wink: !!!!

See you soon :hug:

Linda

Sandy
21st-November-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by linda
keep on smiling Pammy!!!!

Just you keep on being happy:grin: :grin:!!!

You're in good company, all of us Dundee MAd Crew are really happy too:grin: :wink: !!!!

See you soon :hug:

Linda

Yep happy is the only way to be and there are quite a lot of us in Aberdeen as well:grin: :kiss:

See you at the Beach!

Dave Hancock
21st-November-2003, 11:33 AM
Some of us are quite happy in Glasgow too :D and Sandy hope you're remembering I've already booked a space or two on your dance card :kiss:

Mary
21st-November-2003, 09:12 PM
Oh, you lucky, lucky people. Can't wait to come up to BB in Feb. Don't forget to give us all the feedback. Pammy & Boomer if all the guys (generically speaking) up there are as much fun as those at Las Palmas you will have a ball - I'm very jealous.:kiss:

Loads of love and have a great time.
:cheers: :cheers:

M

Sandy
22nd-November-2003, 11:51 AM
Some of us are quite happy in Glasgow too :D and Sandy hope you're remembering I've already booked a space or two on your dance card :kiss:

How could I forget!:kiss:

Sandy x

Sandy
22nd-November-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Mary
Oh, you lucky, lucky people. Can't wait to come up to BB in Feb. Don't forget to give us all the feedback. Pammy & Boomer if all the guys (generically speaking) up there are as much fun as those at Las Palmas you will have a ball - I'm very jealous.:kiss:

Loads of love and have a great time.
:cheers: :cheers:

M

Wish you could be there but will have a ball in Feb. Hope Tony is going to leave the Gringo look behind!!!

Sandy
22nd-November-2003, 11:56 AM
Where is the dips and drops workshop being held tomorrow?? Must be posted somewhere but managed to miss it:tears:

Sandy x

Pammy
27th-November-2003, 11:35 AM
Hello Everyone.

I can confirm that despite the rumours, I'm actually still in the country :wink:

Sorry if I was a bit down. I was failing fast, coming down with the dreaded work lurgy on the Saturday night, which is why we sloped off early. Didn't get any sleep, and by Sunday felt terrible, had three days off work with it feeling sorry for myself. Did spoil the trip away, but not that much.

Really enjoyed myself. It was a super party, really fab. Apologies if I passed on the lurgy to anyone that night :blush:

It was fantastic to finally meet some people that I felt I knew so well, but had never had the pleasure to meet in person. Grant :hug: you are just as nice in the flesh as you come across on the forum, Azande you are a great mover and a real laugh (sorry for elbo'ing you :tears: I had a few good'ens with Dance Demon, Ceroc Jock, Franck, Dreadful Scathe, Michael, Gadget, my old mate Graham who was as lovely as ever. The dancer who took my breath away was Dave Hancock; wow he can *really* move; I was most impressed by his style on the floor.

It was also great to see Wendy again, Trampy and to finally meet Twinkle Toes and Alex (I want those shoes :yum: !!!) David & Lily were there; I love dancing with David and Boo Boo of course, that goes without saying.

Anyway, sorry for being a sicky :sick: and thanks everyone for a super night.

Px

Sandy
27th-November-2003, 01:40 PM
The dancer who took my breath away was Dave Hancock; wow he can *really* move; I was most impressed by his style on the floor.I can relate to that! he is a superb dancer:wink:

Dave Hancock
27th-November-2003, 02:06 PM
The dancer who took my breath away was Dave Hancock

Only baceause I grabbed you for the quickest of dances and you weren't well. Really I'm just a bit more sadistic than most:wink:

Dreadful Scathe
27th-November-2003, 02:46 PM

The dancer who took my breath away was Dave Hancock; wow he can *really* move; I was most impressed by his style on the floor.

Did you have scooby snacks in your pocket ? :D