PDA

View Full Version : Halloween At Hipsters

Pammy
22nd-October-2003, 04:09 PM
Friday 31st, Ealing Town Hall,

so, who is going.

Are we going to dress up or as forumites should we go as our scarey selves?? :blush: :wink:

Boomer
22nd-October-2003, 04:16 PM
Is fancy dress obligatory? Once again, I can't find a thing on the hipsters web-site?

Pammy
22nd-October-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Is fancy dress obligatory? Once again, I can't find a thing on the hipsters web-site?

Look, it's free beer if you book in advance, so I'd already pencilled you into my "definites" list! :wink:

Px

Boomer
22nd-October-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
Look, it's free beer if you book in advance, so I'd already pencilled you into my "definites" list! :wink:

Px

Free Beer!! Lovely, I'll come as I am and change into a lush when I get there :grin: :cheers:

Pammy
22nd-October-2003, 04:34 PM
Free Beer!! Lovely, I'll come as I am and change into a lush when I get there :grin: :cheers:

Mr comedien eh?

Right, you are sentenced as follows...

To listen to DJ Robbie's Last Night at least ten times this week; I'll be doing a spot lyrics check, so be warned. Failure to H'Hey Baby may result in a certain move being performed to a slow track :blush: Like I said, it WAS an accident, I referred not once to events in the future :wink:

:hug: :rofl:

ChrisA
22nd-October-2003, 07:20 PM
Friday 31st, Ealing Town Hall,

so, who is going.

Are we going to dress up or as forumites should we go as our scarey selves?? :blush: :wink:
I'm there, if I survive this weekend.

At least a mask is mandatory, AIUI.

Chris

Boomer
22nd-October-2003, 07:45 PM
Cheers Chris, have had a multitude of problems finding anything out today....what's your mask/outfit gonna be?

Good luck over the weekend and what is 'AIUI'? :cheers:

ChrisA
22nd-October-2003, 08:37 PM
what's your mask/outfit gonna be?

Like I'm going to tell you... :)

It won't be elaborate. I'm not big on dressing up, I'm afraid. Too much dancing to do.. ;)

Good luck over the weekend and what is 'AIUI'? :cheers:
Cheers, mate, AIUI = "As I Understand It".

Chris

Divissima
23rd-October-2003, 08:55 AM
Hipsters sounds fun, but I'm planning to go to Billco's night in Twyford on 31st. I don't know if there's fancy dress, but it should be a fun night :grin:

Pammy
23rd-October-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Divissima
Hipsters sounds fun, but I'm planning to go to Billco's night in Twyford on 31st. I don't know if there's fancy dress, but it should be a fun night :grin:

Bugger, is that same night?

:tears: :tears: :tears:

Oh, what to do, what to do... too many possibilities!

Px

BillCo
23rd-October-2003, 09:19 AM
Hi Diva ! Yes it will be fancy dress and we've got a few suprises
as well ?

Sgt Billco. :cheers:

Mary
23rd-October-2003, 11:17 AM
That's it - Billco's it is - no contest! Sorry Franco.

:cheers:

M

ChrisA
23rd-October-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Mary
That's it - Billco's it is - no contest! Sorry Franco.

:cheers:

M

Why's that M? Not been to BillCo's dos. I could be persuaded to head for Twyford...

Either that or we should kidnap la bella Divissima :devil:

Chris

Mary
23rd-October-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
Why's that M? Not been to BillCo's dos. I could be persuaded to head for Twyford...

Either that or we should kidnap la bella Divissima :devil:

Chris

Just about THE best dance floor I've ever tried - just ask La Diva. And that's just for starters!:wink:

M

Divissima
23rd-October-2003, 01:01 PM
Billco always teaches a great class...
Floor is fab...
Music is THE BEST - (and the DJ is just dreamy! - imho :really: :wink: :waycool: )

Surprises sound intriguing so there's that certain je ne sais quoi about the whole evening (*hopes fervently it won't be apple-bobbing - I'm terrible at it*)

What to wear, what to wear, what to wear.....

PS if I meet La Bella Divissima, I'll tell her to watch out for you, Chris!
:wink:

ChrisA
23rd-October-2003, 01:10 PM
PS if I meet La Bella Divissima, I'll tell her to watch out for you, Chris!
:wink:
My humble apologies.

I meant, of course, la bellissima Divissima.

Chris :waycool:

Sheepman
23rd-October-2003, 01:14 PM
Music is THE BEST - (and the DJ is just dreamy! - imho TwK played a great set last Friday, there were 3 tracks I would have moaned about, but I needed the rest! I must find out about some of that latin stuff he played.

Sadly Friday's will be out of bounds for me soon, as I start DJing :grin:

Greg

Divissima
23rd-October-2003, 01:34 PM
Oh Greg - what a shame for us ladies who love our dances with you (even though they may be infrequent!). Do you have a DJ name yet?

MC Sheepman
Dr Fleecy

Trying to think of some more names - any suggestions?
Where will you be busting your tunes??

TwK always welcomes (polite) feedback on his music - can you remember any of the three you weren't so keen on?

Mary
23rd-October-2003, 04:59 PM
Forgot to mention it at the time, but I also rather enjoyed TwK's set last Friday - one of the better ones I've heard recently.:cheers:

I also think it's one of the friendliest venues.:kiss:

So ChrisA, are you tempted?

M

Debster
23rd-October-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by BillCo
Hi Diva ! Yes it will be fancy dress and we've got a few suprises
as well ?

Sgt Billco. :cheers:
Oh, I'm so jealous!! Wish I could be there... it sounds so great.
I'll just have to be content with mentioning again that I am still in Australia. ;)

At least some of the dancers here in Canberra are really good and give me a bit of a workout. I've been most impressed.

Cheers :)
See you all again soon!

Sheepman
23rd-October-2003, 05:35 PM
Oh Greg - what a shame for us ladies who love our dances with you (even though they may be infrequent!). Do you have a DJ name yet? Thanks for that thought, it isn't high profile (yet), so I was going with plain old Greg, but now you've got me thinking, any more suggestions? (Watch it Pammy!) It's at the new West Coast classes in Bisley.

Sorry I can't recall those 3 tracks, they weren't that bad anyway, it's just that the rest were so good!

Greg

PS apologies if you've seen this post before, I'm sure I wrote it a couple of hours ago, but I must have had a glitch.

ChrisA
23rd-October-2003, 06:11 PM

M
Often. :devil:

Sorry, what were we talking about??:confused: :confused:

Divissima
24th-October-2003, 08:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Often.

Sorry, what were we talking about??

Dancing with the lovely ladies of Twyford, of course! It's going to be a great night - and as TwK will be busy on the decks, I will be able to grab lots of dances with my other fave men :waycool:

Paul F
25th-October-2003, 01:51 PM
PHEW !!!! :sick:

Its times like this that im glad i no longer live in London. Decisions decisions.

I must admit that Twyford does have by far the best floor I have ever danced on. It was a real pleasure..............BUT :blush: ...... Hipsters is Hipsters :D

What a choice. Two great nights. Im sure whichever venue people choose it will be brilliant.

Sheepman
28th-October-2003, 01:33 PM
I managed to avoid making the decision (I was even considering resting 'cos it was so tough to decide!) I shall be helping out on the bar, giving away drinks on Friday, so I'll be at Ealing.

Anybody know who is DJing?

Greg

ChrisA
28th-October-2003, 01:44 PM
Dancing with the lovely ladies of Twyford, of course! It's going to be a great night - and as TwK will be busy on the decks, I will be able to grab lots of dances with my other fave men :waycool:

:tears: ... spose I should go to Hipsters then....

:wink: :wink:

Do I need a Twyford ticket in advance, or are they available on the door?

Chris

Divissima
28th-October-2003, 02:58 PM
Chris wrote:
... spose I should go to Hipsters then.... Only if you intend to turn me down the whole night :( Tickets available on the door. Should be a fun night :wink:

ChrisA
28th-October-2003, 03:19 PM
Only if you intend to turn me down the whole night :(

Er, this is about as likely as an exceptionally unlikely thing that has won the "international unlikeliest thing in the universe" competition three years in a row. :hug:

Tickets available on the door.
Splendid.

Just one problem to solve then. Where's the venue??? :what:

Chris

Boomer
28th-October-2003, 03:25 PM
Just one problem to solve then. Where's the venue??? :what:

Chris

Indeed young man :grin:! Where is Twyford....sounds like its in Wales to me :what:

Pammy
28th-October-2003, 03:29 PM
Chirs, if you can get to Watford, you can come the rest of the way with the rest of the rabble :wink:

If that's any help to you!

Px

PS By Rabble, I'm not obviously referring to myself or Helen but the person somtimes known as Gaylon :wink: :rofl:

ChrisA
28th-October-2003, 03:29 PM
Indeed young man :grin:! Where is Twyford....sounds like its in Wales to me :what:
Good point. I've just discovered there are at least 8 different ones... :(

Are we talking about the one between Maidenhead and Reading?

Chris

Boomer
28th-October-2003, 03:33 PM

Chris

Maidenhead!?! With Pammy(tm) going!!! :rofl: Doubt it :na: I could be wrong, but I think its in Berkshire? ...I really could be wrong you know :what: ...not helping much, sorry, I'll be off then...

Pammy
Good point. I've just discovered there are at least 8 different ones... :(

Chris

Yes :-)

Pammy
Maidenhead!?! With Pammy(tm) going!!! :rofl: Doubt it :na: I could be wrong, but I think its in Berkshire? ...I really could be wrong you know :what: ...not helping much, sorry, I'll be off then...

and which county is Maidenhead in on your Planet (of the Apes) then Boomer? :wink:

ChrisA
28th-October-2003, 03:39 PM
Maidenhead!?! With Pammy(tm) going!!! :rofl:
It's such a shame this thread is downstairs.

:waycool:

Mary
28th-October-2003, 03:41 PM
*Sigh* - OK, it's on the A4 between Maidenhead and Reading.
Take M4 to J8/9, or M40 to J4 (I think, or is it 3).
Anyway, go along A404 to A4 exit s/p Reading. Go along A4 (a few miles, going straight over a couple of roundabouts) until big Wyvale garden centre on your R. Take L turn (opposite Wyevale) into London Road. (Sign before turning says Ruscombe, sign at the turning says Twyford) On entering village take 2nd R into Loddon Valley something or other. Hall is at the end. DON'T BE LATE!!!;) ;)

M

Boomer
28th-October-2003, 03:46 PM
It's such a shame this thread is downstairs.

:waycool:

Yes Chris it is, so lets have a bit less of your sauce young fella me lad and keep it downstairs :D

Ahh, cheers Mary :nice: ....any chance of a dance then?

Pammy
28th-October-2003, 03:47 PM
....any chance of a dance then?

Mary or Chris :what: ?

Hey, and I don't want any back-seat navigators; right! :wink:

Boomer
28th-October-2003, 03:48 PM
Mary or Chris :what: ?

I'm not fussey, a dance is a dance :grin: ....McGregster gonna be there :what:

Pammy
28th-October-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Gaylon
I'm not fussey, a dance is a dance

Thanks! :tears: :tears: :tears:

McGregster gonna be there :what:

He will be now! :blush:

Sheepman
28th-October-2003, 05:54 PM
going straight over a couple of roundabouts

:really: :really:

Greg

(PS M really is a very good driver, and the accident wasn't her fault!)

Mary
28th-October-2003, 06:25 PM
[B

Ahh, cheers Mary :nice: ....any chance of a dance then? [/B]

I've only had the pleasure (of a dance with you) once, and when I asked for a second dance you ran away muttering something about needing to go to the toilet. Guess what? I'M NOT THAT SCAREY!!!:devil: :devil: (Or maybe I am called Scarey Mary for a reason :confused: )

M

Divissima
28th-October-2003, 06:59 PM
Mary wrote:
(Or maybe I am called Scarey Mary for a reason ) Since we're slightly off thread, I thought I should let you know that you are not alone, Mary. There was a time I was known (behind my back!!) as Scary Clairey (I was horrified when I found out :sad: :tears: :eek: ).

We will have to join forces and become The Scary Girls (like the Cheeky Girls only, er, scarier and with longer skirts).

*And now, neatly bringing us back on thread* and it is a Hallowe'en party - we're supposed to be scary.

ChrisA
28th-October-2003, 07:15 PM
We will have to join forces and become The Scary Girls (like the Cheeky Girls only, er, scarier and with longer skirts).

So that's what they mean by "double trouble"

:really: :really:

Chris

Divissima
28th-October-2003, 07:29 PM
Chris A wrote:
So that's what they mean by "double trouble" You'd better believe it...
:devil: Can I have a dance tonight, Chris (if you're going??)

ChrisA
28th-October-2003, 08:10 PM
[b]Can I have a dance tonight, Chris (if you're going??)
Only one? :tears: :tears:

Sheepman
29th-October-2003, 02:36 PM
Back on thread.
Just in case anybody has the wrong idea, I thought I'd point out something Nigel said last night. Strictly speaking, the Halloween do is not a Hipsters event, but a Jive Time one. The difference is pretty academic, as Jive Time is part of the Hipsters team, but I suspect Jive Time have had Halloween and New Year's Eve events booked at Ealing for decades into the future, long before Hipsters hatched.

No doubt most of the crowd will be the same, I still don't know who is DJing, maybe Roger C knows?

So why is it that it is only the women that are ever scarey? (Last Halloween, I may have attracted adjectives like "disgusting, revolting, gruesome" but no mention of scarey.)

Greg