PDA

View Full Version : Personal Details

Easter Bunny
22nd-October-2003, 03:32 PM
A big THANK YOU to whoever the thoughtful person is that amended by message on the forum giving my personal mobile and email details. I did not think of the wider implications of this at the time of posting and have since been given some advice by Mr. Sheepman to be more aware of personal identity theft etc.

Was it you Frank ?

The Easter Bunny

Captain Kirk
13th-November-2003, 02:38 PM
I am happy to have my Mobile Phone number and email address on my Profile. I would be very pleased if I got a nice message or phone call. I also feel that if I want someone to contact me, I can say, 'Look up Captain Kirk on the Ceroc Forum'.

I have not found the Ceroc Forum particularly easy to use, so I would imagine that it is only interested people who have a degree of committment to Ceroc who would use it.

I am prepared to abandon my email address and Mobile Phone Number if this experiment was producing undesirable results.

I would feel reasonably happy about using my real name rather than some 'Mickey Mouse' name.

Any comments?

Captain Kirk
13th-November-2003, 02:46 PM
I have removed my Mobile Phone number and Date of Birth from my profile.

Live and Learn

John S
13th-November-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Captain Kirk
I have removed my Mobile Phone number and Date of Birth from my profile.

Live and Learn
I'm cool about the date of birth in my profile. In fact, I should be ice-cold.:D

Andy McGregor
13th-November-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Captain Kirk
I would feel reasonably happy about using my real name rather than some 'Mickey Mouse' name.
Any comments?

As people know, I use my real name. It never crossed my mind, in the 3 seconds I thought about it, to use a nom-de-plume.

The problem with the other names is that it's really hard to remember their real name once you've been on the forum for a while. It's felt quite natural to call people by their Forum names in 'real' life. I can just about cope with the Trampster because I knew him for quite a while before joining the forum. But, having seen Sheepman around for years, I really only got to know him subsequent to and as a result of joining the forum. So do I call him Greg, Sheepman, Sheepy or Sheepster?

Take the easy option is my advice. Use whatever name people usually address you by. For the dance Gods that means single names but for us lesser mortals we need a further identifier - and that's what the surname does quite well:wink: It was either that or Andy the Cross-dresser:devil: