PDA

View Full Version : ROCK BOTTOMS Next Weekend I.O.W

Minnie M
22nd-October-2003, 12:22 PM
Who is going besides me and the following :-

I am travelling with LL - David & Lily are teaching, I think ChrisA said he was going AND I am almost positive Dale said he was going - oh and the lovely Sue (Andy McG's missus)

Who is going from Scotland ??

I do hope that gorgeous Brady will be there :hug:

ChrisA
22nd-October-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M
I think ChrisA said he was going
Yep. But possibly not till Saturday morning :(

Chris

Mary
22nd-October-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA

Chris

WHAT!!!:mad: :mad:

And you mean Dale the Dancer to Die for - great.
Also going is Sheepy and Mrs. Sheepy, Christine Chen and gorgeous chap Mike (try him ladies!!), and myself and Tone (who Pammy now knows as 'Prawny' - something to do with re-examing a certain sarny at Britroc I believe - but that's probably more info than you wanted:( )

I think it's going to be a great weekend.:wink: :cheers:

M

David Franklin
22nd-October-2003, 01:01 PM

Chris Similarly, Bryony and I are going, but will have to leave early Sunday evening :tears:

Dave

Minnie M
22nd-October-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Mary
and gorgeous chap Mike (try him ladies!!)

Who is Mike :yum: tell me more :yum: Is he a Hipsterite ?

Mary
22nd-October-2003, 02:09 PM
Who is Mike :yum: tell me more :yum: Is he a Hipsterite ?

He's Christine's closely guarded secret:wink: :wink: (I hope Chris doesn't mind!!!)

M

Pammy
22nd-October-2003, 02:11 PM
Pammy now knows as 'Prawny' - something to do with re-examing a certain sarny at Britroc I believe - but that's probably more info than you wanted:( )

The sani was just the start of it; since then I've had two rotten mangoes as well:tears: ! The curse of the king prawn! :wink:

LilyB
22nd-October-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by David Franklin
Similarly, Bryony and I are going, but will have to leave early Sunday evening :tears:

Dave

Yippee!!! Haven't seen you guys in ages!

LilyB

Minnie M
22nd-October-2003, 02:54 PM
Has any one got any ideas for the Party Theme ?? All I can think of for me is "Old Mother Hubbord" - then I don't know what to wear other than an apron (+ all my other clothes of course)

Can't see me as "Little Bo Peep" :confused:

ChrisA
22nd-October-2003, 03:00 PM
Has any one got any ideas for the Party Theme ??

Gawd, I wish.

I'm totally devoid of inspiration. So much so that I'm thinking of having a couple of hours sleep after dinner and coming down at about 10.30

:tears: :tears:

Chris, in boring git mode

David Franklin
22nd-October-2003, 03:11 PM
Gawd, I wish.

I'm totally devoid of inspiration. So much so that I'm thinking of having a couple of hours sleep after dinner and coming down at about 10.30

:tears: :tears:

Chris, in boring git mode I suspect you will find about 100 men coming as "Prince Charming" (or some other Prince - I wanted to wear a purple suit, grow a moustache and come as the singer but Bryony thought that would just be silly).

Dave

ChrisA
22nd-October-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by David Franklin
I suspect you will find about 100 men coming as "Prince Charming" (or some other Prince - I wanted to wear a purple suit, grow a moustache and come as the singer but Bryony thought that would just be silly).

Dave
Yeah, I'm not sure I have the balls to come as the Emperor in "The Emperor's new clothes"

:what: :blush:

ChrisA
22nd-October-2003, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure I have the balls to come as the Emperor in "The Emperor's new clothes"

:what: :blush:

... though it would solve the biggest problem with these costumes - they're just too hot to dance in.
:waycool:

Sheepman
22nd-October-2003, 03:27 PM
they're just too hot to dance in.
Not mine! :really:

Greg

Minnie M
22nd-October-2003, 03:40 PM
Ladies PLEASE help me here :( - It is only 2 days away and I can only think of Cinderella, Little Bo Peep, Miss Muffett and Little Red Riding Hood :confused: can't see me in a frilly dress :blush:

- what other girlies are there, or do I have to but that apron and go as Old Mother Hubbord :what:

- bit of a silly theme - I suspect Tor has a great Cinderella costume she has been dying to wear :devil:

ChrisA
22nd-October-2003, 10:23 PM
The good news - I will be able to make it now on Friday.

The bad news - I won't be there in time for tea :(

I also won't be there in time for the last hover crossing. The FastCat hydrofoil service seems to run until quite late - does anyone know owt about it - esp where to park near the terminal on the mainland, since I've only used the Hover to get there before.

TIA,
Chris

Lounge Lizard
23rd-October-2003, 07:46 AM
Well why dont we have a Forum Breakfast to get to know each other.
Sounds a sheepish job organising it
Fancy Dress - I spent yesterday going around the stores trying on women's night wear for my costume - eat your heart out Andy :wink:
Minnie stop sitting on the wall and get your costume ready :wink:
p

ChrisA
23rd-October-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Well why dont we have a Forum Breakfast to get to know each other.
Sounds a sheepish job organising it

Good plan. Count me in.

Chris

Minnie M
23rd-October-2003, 09:28 AM
p

If I was slim and young I would have no problem - I really want to do this but it is such a hard theme for me :confused: I have asked TWICE for help - and by the lack of replies, it confirms my thoughts :sick:

Andy McGregor
23rd-October-2003, 09:59 AM
p

How could you say that about Minnie. She couldn't play an egg, she's a mouse:wink:

There are loads of mice in fairy tales, she just needs to pick one:hug:

Minnie, If you've got a problem finding some ears let me know, I've got loads in my dressing up box. I could send them with Sue.

Forte
23rd-October-2003, 11:08 AM
Ladies PLEASE help me here :( - It is only 2 days away and I can only think of Cinderella, Little Bo Peep, Miss Muffett and Little Red Riding Hood :confused: can't see me in a frilly dress :blush:

- what other girlies are there, or do I have to but that apron and go as Old Mother Hubbord :what:

- bit of a silly theme - I suspect Tor has a great Cinderella costume she has been dying to wear :devil:

Sleeping Beauty, Goldilocks, Snow White, Tinkerbell, Snow White, beauty and The Beast, The Little Mermaid , Gretel, Dorothy, Thumbelina, Rapunzel, Wendy in Peter pan, Princess Jasmine, Pocahontas...Esmerelda, The Tooth Fairy:hug:

Mary
23rd-October-2003, 11:12 AM
Minnie, I always have the same mental/creative block whenever someone mentions fancy dress. I was in Calgary a couple of weeks ago and came across a place selling off all their stock at half price, so I am feeling pretty smug as I found outfits for both me & the Prawn:na: :na:

Before I found these costumes I was thinking about Cinderella in rags - chucking together some bits of material stitched to just under the bust of a top, or as a skirt. If I think of anything else easily do-able at short notice I will post.

Calling all forumites to come up with ideas for Minnie M and ChrisA.

Oh, and count us in for the forum breakfast.:D

M

Pammy
23rd-October-2003, 11:32 AM
I am feeling pretty smug as I found outfits for both me & the Prawn:na: :na:

Is he going as his other alter ego: Puke Flyswatter :wink:

Princess Fleabite :innocent:

Sheepman
23rd-October-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Forte
Sleeping Beauty, Goldilocks, Snow White, Tinkerbell, Snow White, beauty and The Beast, The Little Mermaid , Gretel, Dorothy, Thumbelina, Rapunzel, Wendy in Peter pan, Princess Jasmine, Pocahontas...Esmerelda, The Tooth Fairy:hug: Wow! Where were you when we needed you.
(You've got mine in there BTW).

Greg

DavidB
23rd-October-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Forte
beauty and The Beast That will do for me and Lily. Now all I have to do is find a Beast outfit for Lily...

Andy McGregor
23rd-October-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
That will do for me and Lily. Now all I have to do is find a Beast outfit for Lily...

Don't do it. Lily is quite scary enough:innocent:

Minnie M
23rd-October-2003, 12:49 PM
Andy is right it is FAIRY TALES (thanks for offer of help Pammy)

- Thank you all for your ideas (just read the posts above) - got some ideas now :kiss:

Mary
23rd-October-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
Wow! Where were you when we needed you.

Greg

Omigod, not the frock again:what: :what:

:rofl:
M

Will
23rd-October-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
That will do for me and Lily. Now all I have to do is find a Beast outfit for Lily...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(P.S. If I never see you alive again David, it's been nice knowing you!)

Sheepman
23rd-October-2003, 01:16 PM
Omigod, not the frock again: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
No, not that one anyway!

Greg

DavidB
23rd-October-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
Don't do it. Lily is quite scary enough At this rate we will both need the Tooth Fairy soon

Andy McGregor
23rd-October-2003, 01:47 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
No, not that one anyway!

Greg

The frock wasn't as bad as the wig, which was too short and made Greg look like a friend of Hinge and Bracket.

Although short hair is more practical for dancing as when you wear a long wig your hair goes in your mouth if you open it while you're spinning:waycool:

Sheepman
23rd-October-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
The frock wasn't as bad as the wig, which was too short and made Greg look like a friend of Hinge and Bracket.
Thanks for the tip! You don't have a longer wig I could borrow do you? !

Greg

Forte
23rd-October-2003, 02:15 PM
Wow! Where were you when we needed you.

Greg

You are very welcome! I got the ideas coz I asked my class! They might not get my Shakespeare lessons but they know their fairytales!!!:rofl:

Pammy
23rd-October-2003, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the tip! You don't have a longer wig I could borrow do you? !

Don't worry about your outfit, I'll bring my sewing box and run you something up out of an old bin liner, make you put it on in a tent, in the dark; in no more than five minutes; sound ok? Now, hand on, wait a minute, :what: that's what YOU do isn't it :wink:

Call yourself a friend :tears: Mr King of the Outfits, Thong Round His Neck, erm, I mean Waist :tears: :tears:

Oh and before you answer, careful, or I'll set Helen on you! :grin: :wink: :hug:

Sheepman
23rd-October-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
Oh and before you answer, careful, or I'll set Helen on you! :really: :yum:

An exhaustive search has just revealed - pyjamas! (Collective sigh of relief, at the reduced prospect of a naked Sheepman for Sunday breakfast.)

Re. the tent outfit, I would have come and held a lamp, you only needed to ask! :wink:

G

Pammy
23rd-October-2003, 04:53 PM
Re. the tent outfit, I would have come and held a lamp, you only needed to ask! :wink:

It wasn't your lamp I was worrying about! :wink:

Brady
23rd-October-2003, 06:13 PM
I do hope that gorgeous Brady will be there :hug:

Sorry to disappoint, but won't be down to Rock Bottoms till sometime next year. IOW is just a bit far of a trek for a couple day weekender. Enjoy and be sure to post some pictures of all the goings on!

Brady

ChrisA
24th-October-2003, 02:36 PM
Does the Wizard of Oz count as a fairy tale?

Chris
(found the right thread now)

Pammy
24th-October-2003, 02:43 PM
Does the Wizard of Oz count as a fairy tale?

Chris
(found the right thread now)

Wouldn't be fair, he'd be coming as himself afterall.

Anyway, he tells me he won't wear the shoes anymore :tears:

They were so cool as well! Most importantly, they've have gone lovely with one of Andys shirts :what:

Px

Minnie M
27th-October-2003, 03:49 PM
Just back from IOW and what's the first thing I do:sorry - yes I am getting sad - and missing you guys:hug:

Haven't had time to read what I have missed, but wanted to say a big thank you for fellow forumites for those great dances - wow! I reckon the best dances are on this formun :drool: plus the AMAZING sexy dance with the King of Cool (DavidB)

Unfortunately didn't get a chance to dance with Tony - hopefully I will be able to catch a dance a Hipsters

AND what an amazing dancer our Mary is :cheers: I was well impressed. I saw Mary dancing with her partner Tony and though "they look good" THEN........... watching her dance the sheepman (always been one of my favorites) wow and wow again - very smoothe and with great poise, with great music interpretation - told Lounge Lizard on the way home and he is now gutted he never got a chance to dance with her

Not forgetting LL - his music (as usual) was awsome -

And what about Sue McG - wasn't she a star :D - she didn't stop dancing all weekend

Plus a very special thank you to DavidB & LilyB - great classes, especially the 'aerials' one - in fact I reckon they should give up the showcase stuff and coach the new blood their amazing routines - we have quite a few youngsters on the scene now, eg: Ben, Adam, Sean and there partners, and of course David & Byrony Franklin, they could learn so much from the maestros

The rock botts team do know how to put a weekender on:D

Mary
27th-October-2003, 04:41 PM
"Unfortunately didn't get a chance to dance with Tony - hopefully I will be able to catch a dance a Hipsters

AND what an amazing dancer our Mary is :cheers: I was well impressed. I saw Mary dancing with her partner Tony and though "they look good" THEN........... watching her dance the sheepman (always been one of my favorites) wow and wow again - very smoothe and with great poise, with great music interpretation - told Lounge Lizard on the way home and he is now gutted he never got a chance to dance with her":blush: :sorry :sorry Aw, shucks. And no, you can't have my Minnie M nightdress!!!:na:

Seriously, this means tons to hear such comments from someone such as yourself.
:hug: :hug:
Tried to grab LL but someone beat me to it :tears:

"Plus a very special thank you to DavidB & LilyB - great classes, especially the 'aerials' one - in fact I reckon they should give up the showcase stuff and coach the new blood their amazing routines - we have quite a few youngsters on the scene now, eg: Ben, Adam, Sean and there partners, and of course David & Byrony Franklin, they could learn so much from the maestros

The rock botts team do know how to put a weekender on:D Hear, hear.:cheers: "

M

Andy McGregor
27th-October-2003, 09:44 PM
And what about Sue McG - wasn't she a star :D - she didn't stop dancing all weekend

I'm very proud of her for upholding the family tradition:D

And some time soon she will recover and get out of bed...