PDA

View Full Version : laptop keyboard

DD+
6th-May-2008, 10:56 PM
help me please _ my laptop is a compaq and i was doing something when a box popped up and i had just hit enter so it disappeared!
it seems my keyboard is doing some very strange things like highlighting everything it seem the shift is some times on even tho i havent put it on
i have also lost the ability to use the slide page down bar on the mouse pad

i think it is something to do with the filter< sticky keys > and toggle keys but i dont know what they should be on

would really appreciate some help _ thanks:flower:

Yliander
6th-May-2008, 11:00 PM
help me please _ my laptop is a compaq and i was doing something when a box popped up and i had just hit enter so it disappeared!
it seems my keyboard is doing some very strange things like highlighting everything it seem the shift is some times on even tho i havent put it on
i have also lost the ability to use the slide page down bar on the mouse pad

i think it is something to do with the filter< sticky keys > and toggle keys but i dont know what they should be on

would really appreciate some help _ thanks:flower:

sounds like it needs cleaning

DD+
6th-May-2008, 11:04 PM
i think i help the shift button down for too long?????
keyboard is clean as a whistle:wink:

ducasi
6th-May-2008, 11:22 PM
i think i help the shift button down for too long?????
keyboard is clean as a whistle:wink:
Yep, you'll have turned on sticky keys, or some other assistive technology.

Think you might be able to turn it back off by pressing both shift keys at the same time, or the control key and the shift key at the same time.

You can turn it off permanently in Control Panel: Accessibility Options: Keyboard tab

DD+
6th-May-2008, 11:27 PM
:clap::love: Thank you so much Ducasi - you are a star!

Dreadful Scathe
7th-May-2008, 07:46 AM
sounds like it needs cleaning

tsk - amateurs :rolleyes: