PDA

View Full Version : Dance Legend Seeks Partner

Andy McGregor
21st-October-2003, 10:53 AM
My mate Roger Chin is searching for a new dance partner for competitions, teaching and demos. He's been looking for a while now and hasn't found anyone.

He's far too modest to tell you about himself so I thought I'd post this thread. As well as being a jolly nice fellow Roger is also a great dancer. He was one of the cast on the original 'How to Jive' video made about 10 years ago, he won the LeJive Championship in 1999 (or maybe 98) and came 2nd in the Ceroc Lucky Dip in 2001 (there's probably more I don't know about). He teaches Modern Jive and Salsa and DJs and is well known by everyone who's been around modern jive any time at all.

I even hold Roger responsible for getting my wife Sue interested in dancing as he taught her first lesson at Warmwell last year.

Roger's first requirement is for someone short (no, think shorter than that:devil: ). Roger is even shorter than me and looks good dancing with girls no more than five foot one inch tall, maybe a bit more if they're not wearing high heels.

Other than the height requirement I think he's looking for someone with good potential that he can coach rather than one of the current dance goddesses (although I'm sure he'd be open to offers). So, if you're about 5 foot tall (plus or minus 2 inches), have done modern jive for a while (or done other styles of dancing) can move well, live within reasonable travelling distance of London and would like to progress to become a dance deity this is a golden opportunity.

Please feel free to post on this thread to make things interesting - but if you're more modest I'm sure Roger would love to hear from you on his email which is rc003b1624@blueyonder.co.uk . Alternatively, you can PM me.

Mary
21st-October-2003, 11:40 AM
Wow, I'm 5'2" - does that make me tall? (Always wanted to be tall and elegant!!!:D :D )

M

David Franklin
21st-October-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
He's far too modest to tell you about himself so I thought I'd post this thread. He was one of the cast on the original 'How to Jive' video made about 10 years ago, he won the LeJive Championship in 1999 (or maybe 98) and came 2nd in the Ceroc Lucky Dip in 2001 (there's probably more I don't know about). Roger also won the 2001 LeRoc Champs (Advanced) in Bristol. Oh, and most prestigious of all, he performed a cabaret at our wedding in June!

Seriously, if you don't know him, Roger's not only a top dancer but a really nice and approachable guy - if I were female and 8 inches shorter I'd jump at the chance...

Dave

ChrisA
21st-October-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Mary
(Always wanted to be tall and elegant!!!:D :D )

M
One out of two ain't bad tho, surely??

Chris

Mary
21st-October-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
One out of two ain't bad tho, surely??

Chris

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (:hug: )

Now Roger - there is an elegant dancer. Very tempting thought but I wouldn't be worthy of partnering such a dance deity :tears:

M

ChrisA
21st-October-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Mary

Now Roger - there is an elegant dancer. Very tempting thought but I wouldn't be worthy of partnering such a dance deity :tears:

M
Cobblers.

C

Martin
21st-October-2003, 07:38 PM
Pick me, pick me.

No far over the hight limit only 5'1" (plus 7" ~ don't knock 7")

a bit of a light weight ~ only 14 1/2 stone

I can do all those dance styles AND "love" the way Roger dances.

Marty

Wendy
21st-October-2003, 11:05 PM
Had the pleasure of meeting and dancing with my wee cute chum Roger at Cambers in May... fab guy and fab dancer... even if he deliberately MIS-leads me sometimes..!!! I am 5'2 3/4", an aging International Dancing Star and Glasgow is on the Northern Line !!!! Pick me !!!! Pick me !!!!!!

:kiss: :hug: :kiss:

Wxxxxx

Roger C
24th-October-2003, 12:25 PM
Hi Wendy,

Just wondered if you were going to be at Stockport Town Hall this Saturday? Or are you going to make me wait until Camber for a dance.

Roger C.