PDA

View Full Version : Jordan & Tatiana weekend @ The Royal Oak - April 25 - 27th

johnnyman
28th-April-2008, 11:05 AM
Hello,

I just wanted to say an open and appreciative thanks to Angelique and her staff for their sterling efforts over the last weekend in putting together the Jordan / Tatiana weekend at the Royal Oak, Blisworth (25th - 27th April) . A step in the right direction for promoting West Coast Swing on a nationwide basis in the UK, not just at specitic events based in London and on the coasts.

A good core of people attended and it was a good introduction and refresher for all who participated in the classes. Worth the travel and accomodation and also a good escape from weekly work pressures and priorities.

The pub venue was a sociable place with nice food and a nice open garden in the back) The barn and adjoining marquee which was specially created for the event added to the atmosphere.

Thanks also to Jordan and Tatiana for travelling and teaching.

best
johnnyman:clap::cheers::respect:

Lee Bartholomew
28th-April-2008, 11:48 AM
Was poss the best weekender I have been on.

Was a really nice feel to it. Very friendly and some great dancers. Was the first time I had ever done WCS but felt I got in to it ok for a compleate beginner.

Jordan and Tatiana are two of the nicest people you will ever meet and fantastic teachers too. Great way of explaining and teaching things.

Music was great too in both rooms. Brilliant line dancing display last night too.

Was impressed that they managed to fit their routine in the barn. Think it was a just with Tatianas nose up against the wall on a few occasions.

Thanks to everyone that suffered my "sorry I cant West coast, do you know modern jive" on Friday night and then suffered my little bit of wcs that I learnt on Sat and Sunday night also big thanks to Angelique and staff for all the work they done. Will def get on the next one.

robd
28th-April-2008, 01:03 PM
I had a good (and v tiring) weekend at Blisworth. Congratulations to Angelique & team for pulling it off.

Highlights
* dancing with Tatiana and taking a very worthwhile private with her
* content of the workshops was good and appropriate for the level of the attendees
* seeing and feeling the improvement in many people's WCS by the end of the weekend
* J & T social dancing - Jordan's super slick footwork and the incredible control he has in his body when dancing
* J & T classic routine - they did really well to fit it into the limited space in the barn
* impromptu line dance performance when I put 'Have fun go mad' on my iPod

On the downside the gender balance, just as at Weston was tough on the ladies. Space in the marquee for workshops and in the barn for social got a bit tight at times but the barn has a lovely floor for sliding around on.

Chef
28th-April-2008, 01:21 PM
THE GOOD.

Jordan and Tatianas teaching was as ever superb. Full of detail and delivered in a well paced manner and with humour to illustrate points. I initially thought (silly me) that with only four lessons during the weekend that the teaching content looked a little light. Each of the lessons was 90 minutes (at least) long and so full that by the end of each day I felt completely unable to think about anything more.

Blisworth and the surrounding area is just beautiful as is the venue in its delivery of stone building and thatched roof charm. It defiantely made me feel that I would like to explore the area more just for its beauty.

THE NOT SO GOOD.

There were only two things that didn't rock my world (my own dancing isn't under the control of the organisers) this weekend.

The Marquee was just too small for the number of people in the class. With spare followers standing between the couples people were in collision most of the time. The unpartnered followers quickly got the idea that they should move during the walkthoughs just so that they stay out of the way of the moving dancers. It did make you stay very accurately on the slot. The cramped conditions meant that it was very difficult for people to see the teachers footwork. Jordan and Tatiana tried to mitigate this by getting the class to sit on the floor during the footwork demonstrations.

The floor of the marquee was so badly fixed to the ground that the individaul boards would flex and not meet at the edges so followers and leaders were catching their feet on the edges as they moved. You had to accurately control your follower so that and you delivered your follower to do any turning triple steps away from any joining points of the boards.

The lunches were pre ordered so that the catering staff could have everything ready for when the morning class ended. However you had to queue up to collect and pay for you meal which slowed everything down to a crawl (30 minutes in our case for a simple pre- prepared sandwich). The roast dinner on Sunday was delicious but still involved a long wait in a queue in a now crowded pub(50 people all waiting for food). I feel certain that this will be sorted out for the next event.

The Freestyles

I didn't stay for the Sunday evening freestyle so I can't comment.

Dancing in the barn was on the best floor in the venue and was quite comfortable once the radiant wall heaters were all switched off. Dancing in the Marquee was cooler but made more difficult by the quality of the floor as as already been mentioned.

Freestyles are, at my current ability level, quite a trial for me and I feel I I am not able to deliver a well lead, smooth and musically interpretive dance for followers. The accomplished followers on the scene are putting in their syncopations as I lead my basic moves and the whole thing leaves me confused and unsure as to wether they are finished and I should lead or just wait until they give me a quizzical look of "are you going to lead something". At one point I walked into the marquee and saw a whole line of women along a complete side of the tent, thought it might be Jordans queue until I saw he wasn't in the room. I considered if I should ask one of the multitude of women to dance and felt I would rather not go through (or put the followers through) the whole experience again by asking anyone to dance.

I have spent two years, a lot of miles and money trying to get to grips with this dance and it just isn't fun for me yet. Every time I meet a new set of teachers there is a new way of dancing the basics. I try to learn what one set of teachers tell me and get it into my bones and then a new set of pros come over from america and I am supposed to unlearn everything and learn it over again in the new way. Having to learn and unlearn stuff 9 times over is getting me fed up. I really think it is time for me to accept defeat.

Lee Bartholomew
28th-April-2008, 02:23 PM
Although it was my 1st attempt at WCS, I really enjoyed it and found it fun. Felt I progressed over the weekend from using my hands to count to just mouthing the counts.

The barn was great but trying to cross from one side to the other was a bit like playing frogger.

I think the problem with the floor outside was that the next floor up would have coust an extra £1500 on top of what was already paid. I dount doubt that for next time the floor will be improved on. Caused me to fall (think there is a clip of it somewhere). The marquee could have been abit bigger but was not too uncomfortable.

Had a great little dance with Tatiana. Dont think she has ever been lead in to a move that involves being kicked up the backside before. If it appears in their next routine, you know where it came from. :waycool:

johnnyman
28th-April-2008, 02:49 PM
) I have spent two years, a lot of miles and money trying to get to grips with this dance and it just isn't fun for me yet. Every time I meet a new set of teachers there is a new way of dancing the basics. I try to learn what one set of teachers tell me and get it into my bones and then a new set of pros come over from america and I am supposed to unlearn everything and learn it over again in the new way. Having to learn and unlearn stuff 9 times over is getting me fed up. I really think it is time for me to accept defeat.

I have every sympathy with you on this, as it is a similar predicament I find myself in. My approach has been to simplify the dance as five basics (sugarpush, tuck, left side, right side and whip) and keep the footwork as six and eight counts and concentrate on locking your footwork as taught by one set of teachers, rather than a whole host. An interesting point Jordan and Tatiana made was that to take what they or others as examples and ideas, not as concrete and build your own style and interpretation on these ideas.

Nicola Royston said something similar in Weston along the lines that there is a mutual agreement between the pros on the basic principles of WCS, even if people teach it differently in different classes.

In a way, it is harking back to early jive lesson years when you learned those basic moves. I doubt that people advanced now like a decade veteran like me dance the way they started. Stick with it, it will pay dividends.

best
johnnyman

robd
28th-April-2008, 03:14 PM
Freestyles are, at my current ability level, quite a trial for me and I feel I I am not able to deliver a well lead, smooth and musically interpretive dance for followers. The accomplished followers on the scene are putting in their syncopations as I lead my basic moves and the whole thing leaves me confused and unsure as to wether they are finished and I should lead or just wait until they give me a quizzical look of "are you going to lead something".

Well, I feel I have two out of the three but musically interpretive is still beyond me (and most other leaders in the UK IMO) - I think it's no coincidence that J&T focussed so heavily on this aspect of the dance yesterday. In terms of your uncertainty, advice I was given from someone I respect (and indeed also from an accomplished follower who likes to do a lot of 'playing') when I had the same concerns is that if you feel ready to lead then just go - give them a good '1' and they'll follow it. Sometimes as a leader it's easy to get hypnotised by some fancy footwork and feel unsure of when to commence your next pattern. Equally there will be some less experienced follows who are still experimenting and not yet able to fit their playing within the lead and follow framework (much as I, as a leader, find my lead and/or rhythm struggling when I attempt syncopations, etc) Assuming you are in time and not a yanker I would bet the ladies standing out (esp. at a gender imbalanced event) would prefer to be dancing with someone finding their way than to be standing out.

I have spent two years, a lot of miles and money trying to get to grips with this dance and it just isn't fun for me yet. Every time I meet a new set of teachers there is a new way of dancing the basics. I try to learn what one set of teachers tell me and get it into my bones and then a new set of pros come over from america and I am supposed to unlearn everything and learn it over again in the new way. Having to learn and unlearn stuff 9 times over is getting me fed up.

This is frustrating at times I agree. To take two examples from this weekend
1. The hand grip - In pretty much all my UK classes the 'pistol' grip has been advocated. J&T advocated a different hand grip and specifically mentioned the pistol grip as being 'different'. I don't know if they would describe it as 'wrong' as such but definitely not favoured by them. Tatiana also spent a fair time in my lesson with her talking about hand-hold and the importance of it to the connection.
2. Prepping on '1' - I have pretty much always been taught not to prep on '1' but to lead direction/length instead. Yet in the session covering sweethearts and folds Jordan mentioned very specifically that it was a double prep. I guess sometimes this issue gets confused by those whose preps are unnecessarily huge and sweeping but that's a separate issue to whether a prep on '1' is favoured or not.
There are more examples of variations in teaching but these two came to mind quickly. However, as frustrating as I find this, I am coming to terms with the fact that there is no one, specific 'correct' way to do these things - different teahcers have different preferences and I just try to take what I can from each one that works for me when dancing socially.

I really think it is time for me to accept defeat.

I hope not. UK WCS needs more leaders not fewer.

jivecat
28th-April-2008, 03:37 PM
I considered if I should ask one of the multitude of women to dance and felt I would rather not go through (or put the followers through) the whole experience again by asking anyone to dance.Like RobD said, they would probably still have been grateful to be asked!

I have spent two years, a lot of miles and money trying to get to grips with this dance and it just isn't fun for me yet. Every time I meet a new set of teachers there is a new way of dancing the basics. I try to learn what one set of teachers tell me and get it into my bones and then a new set of pros come over from america and I am supposed to unlearn everything and learn it over again in the new way. Having to learn and unlearn stuff 9 times over is getting me fed up. I really think it is time for me to accept defeat.

I doubt if I've put nearly as much effort into learning WCS as Chef but this comment really expresses how I feel about it. It is very hard to continue to put time, money and effort into attending regular classes when it is not really fun - often quite the opposite. MJ began to be fun pretty soon after starting beginner's classes; even tango, supposedly fearsomely technically difficult, seems like a doddle compared with WCS.
I suppose one answer to Chef's dilemma would be to stick with one teacher so the confusing aspects of reconciling contradictory advice were cut out. Also, just sticking with the techniques that feel right to you and ignoring the contradictions, at least for the present.
Good luck with it anyway, Chef, and I hope you can get over this and want to carry on with it.

Little Miss
28th-April-2008, 05:42 PM
I hate the thought of anyone quitting WCS as there are so few of us. I can assure Chef and anyone else that us ladies enjoy dancing with all, as none of us are that long on the scene that we have forgotten what it is like to be beginner, plus, there are a great many of us also struggling to be as good as we would love to be at this dance.

I find generally in WCS and in MJ that musicality counts for far more than moves/patterns! If you can lead the five basic patterns but give the lady space to play and syncopate and you both dance with connection and musicality those basic patterns can lead to a mind blowing dance. I know dancers who would consider themselves to be advanced, who can lead pattern after pattern but can rarely do it with true musicality.

Listen to music, notice the beats, the phrases, the rythm, the lyrics, the breaks and anything else you can play with and learn how to accent them or even just acknowledge them. Robert and Nicola gave a great musicality workshop at Weston and it is amazing how much better my dancing now feels as a result of taking on board some of the tips they gave (I went to Ashtons on Friday and when dancing with people with no musicality found it did me the world of good to just wave my finger on the 32 beat - the relief! :D).

If it's a struggle, stick to your basics, work them to the music and I am certain WCS will make you smile :drool:

HelenB
28th-April-2008, 05:45 PM
I only went to the Saturday workshops and freestyle which were great. (Personally it was nice to go to an event just up the road)

Angelique :respect: - thanks for bringing J&T to the Midlands and ordering the sunshine :waycool:. I'm planning to be back for Parker and Jessica.

I thought the classes I attended were good and great for them not to be pattern orientated. Explained well and although the marquee was full, demo'd so that everyone could see. I liked the way that when split into followers/leader groups, each had a separate room to go to. Both pro's were incredibly friendly and welcoming.

It was quite tight and gender inbalanced but not as horrendous as I thought it would be. Floor was the best in the barn but the marquee floor could have been better.

Nice to have different music in the barn and the marquee in the evening but only when the volume had been turned down in each as before there were some interesting "mixes" - some great music played

Lovely dances including an amusing one with RobD (thanks :rolleyes:) As a follow you certainly had to be confident in asking with the reduced number of leaders - I find this OK when I'm having a good night but distressing when I'm not. Fortunately I was having a good night.

Finally, :respect: to J&T for fitting their routine in. SO amazing. To have some of the flashier moves happen right in front of you was awe-inspiring.

Gerry
28th-April-2008, 05:58 PM
THE GOOD.

Chef, don't you dare give up.:angry:
You have always been a friend with wise words who has given help freely. I personally still am unsure at how far I have progressed but I still feel that at times I do make it work.

Thankyou for leading me as I am a beginner at following but as a follower I enjoyed my dance. I am positive that any of the followers would have been gratefull for you to have lead them.:yeah:

Keep your chin up, take what ever inspiration you get from each and every teacher.

Hope to see you soon

frodo
28th-April-2008, 10:33 PM
On the downside the gender balance, just as at Weston was tough on the ladies.

:confused: I understood, unlike the other WCS weekends, that this one was gender balanced.

frodo
28th-April-2008, 10:43 PM
...Freestyles are, at my current ability level, quite a trial for me and I feel I I am not able to deliver a well lead, smooth and musically interpretive dance for followers. The accomplished followers on the scene are putting in their syncopations as I lead my basic moves and the whole thing leaves me confused and unsure as to wether they are finished and I should lead or just wait until they give me a quizzical look of "are you going to lead something"....

I'm wondering if they are actually accomplished, given they're not giving clear feedback as to when they're finished.

Lory
29th-April-2008, 11:04 AM
I had a great time!

I had no idea what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. Friday night had a very buzzy atmosphere, it almost felt like a large house party.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn, which was less than 5 minutes drive away. Angelique had negotiated a special rate, £99 for three nights, inc. a continental breakfast, which I thought was really good!

Jordan and Tatiana really were a perfect example of how a professional couple should be. They were totally approachable, friendly and gracious but at the same time, they commanded respect and were able to get us all organized and keep the workshop flowing but still having time to answer individual questions, whilst keeping it fun!

The gender imbalance didn't have too much of an adverse effect on me during the workshops, as they kept us moving and separated the sexes every now and then.

As for the evening freestyles, Friday was good for me but Saturday I felt my own dancing wasn't up to much, so I lost the confidence to ask anyone and being that there were lots and lots of ladies over, I think I only danced about 3 times BUT, on the other hand, I had a great time socializing and had the pleasure of getting to know some people much better! (Peter and Amy, Love you... even if you do drive a 'turdmobile' :rofl: )

And I LOVED the cabaret! My heart was in my mouth for some of it though.. especially when Tatiana slid into the stone wall... (I later found out, she had knee pads on! :wink: )

Sunday, J and T upped the level in the classes and I found them really interesting. I love the bit where they explained how keeping the dance 'quiet' allowed the small accents to show up, whereas couples who come out and dance flat out, throwing every move in, find it hard to highlight anything... the analogy they used was, its like someone wearing every piece of jewellery they own, you wont notice any individual piece.

Also, Tatiana encouraged us to develop our own style, she said personally she hardly used any shoulder rolls or anything above the waist but doing so isn't wrong, its just 'her style'

Sunday night was good, I loved the impromptu Line dance display (I want to learn that :worthy: )

And I was lucky enough to have the very last dance of the weekend with Jordan!

I think Angelique was very brave to organize this event.:worthy: I've known her for quite some time now (before she danced) and I know she's never been shy of hard work but they only brought the pub 8 months ago and she has been running it on her own, whilst trying to looking after three children as well, as her husband has been in Afghanistan on duty, returning only last week.

She's fully aware that there were small teething problems and she's open to feedback and suggestions. Its been a huge learning curve for her.

I think one of the main problems as ever, is getting people to commit early. I know as late as last week, she still wasn't sure what size marquee she was going to need but she had to bite the bullet and make a decision.

And as for gender balancing, I know she's adamant she wants to try find a solution to this for next time. (she's thinking hard!)

Well done hun! :hug:

Here's a small selection of pics :)

Simon
29th-April-2008, 12:08 PM
2. Prepping on '1' - I have pretty much always been taught not to prep on '1' but to lead direction/length instead. Yet in the session covering sweethearts and folds Jordan mentioned very specifically that it was a double prep. I guess sometimes this issue gets confused by those whose preps are unnecessarily huge and sweeping but that's a separate issue to whether a prep on '1' is favoured or not.
This issue surfaced for me at Weston, when Kyle and Sarah taught one pattern advocating only a single prep on "2" and then a further pattern the next day advocating preps on "1&2". I spoke to Kyle about it afterwards since, like Rob, I'm used to the single prep only instruction. I remained a little confused but that was probably down to my tiredness, since he did try to give me a concrete explanation. :whistle:

There are more examples of variations in teaching but these two came to mind quickly. However, as frustrating as I find this, I am coming to terms with the fact that there is no one, specific 'correct' way to do these things - different teahcers have different preferences and I just try to take what I can from each one that works for me when dancing socially.
:yeah:

Gerry
29th-April-2008, 12:32 PM
[quote=robd;469299]2. Prepping on '1' - I have pretty much always been taught not to prep on '1' but to lead direction/length instead. Yet in the session covering sweethearts and folds Jordan mentioned very specifically that it was a double prep. I guess sometimes this issue gets confused by those whose preps are unnecessarily huge and sweeping but that's a separate issue to whether a prep on '1' is favoured or not.

quote]
This is what Cat, Lee and Paul have advocated but Kyle and Robert have both advocated that it is better to give your follower as much information as possible on 1, ie to open your body to show that the follower is going down a certain path, also by prepping on 1 there is less ambiguity.

As usual you need to take this information and use it where you think it is appropriate.

Rock Princess
29th-April-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks Angel, it was a great w/e, Jordan and Tatania were great, approachable and very nice. You worked soooo hard. :cheers:

I've loved the classes even though I didn't get it all, the 1.5hrs + were about the right time, before my head exploded. Sorry but I never did get the sweet heart footwork but I've been working so hard to step with my right I always mananged to change foot - sorry guys!

Cabaret was something else and the party atmoshere was good, thanks Lory, Amy and Pete you are funny and great fun. :rofl: Jo, John and Dave from cambridge sorry but I didn't get the chance to say bye.

Guys please don't forget we all have to learn sometime and it would have been nice to have had a dance or two, otherwise i'll never get it.

My family and collegues think that I'm even more strange now, as I'm glued to my portable dvd player watching Jordan and Tat in the vain hope that some day I'll get there.

Thanks Manal? I wouldn't have gone otherwise.

Jennifer
29th-April-2008, 01:51 PM
A big thanks to Angelique for putting this on :love: I had a fab weekend, just what I needed to give my WCS journey a well needed boost. I have so much stuff to work on so beware anyone who dances with me in the near future - it's going to be even worse than usual :what:

It would have been better if the numbers for social dancing had been a bit more balanced but the social dancing wasn't what I went for. The imbalance didn't bother me at all in the classes - but I learn better with time to just listen, watch and absorb without doing. I went looking for a weekend where I came out of the classes with a personal to-do list and that's exactly what I got.

In summary, a friendly crowd, a great roomie, lots of sunshine and a lovely setting to enjoy it in, a timetable that worked you hard but also gave you time to relax and blether to people and classes with awesome teachers :clap:

Lory
29th-April-2008, 02:12 PM
A a timetable that worked

:yeah:

Caro
29th-April-2008, 02:41 PM
ok my review (I have replied to Chef's post on the 'time to quit' thread).

I had a great weekend - the atmosphere was suberp, extremely friendly and relaxed in a nice setting - loved it. Great job Angelique, thanks for doing this :worthy:

The biggest highlight, as usual, is J&T's teaching and socialising. I've done the saturday classes about 6 or 7 times now and never get tired of it. In fact I aim to have those every 3 to 6 months to remind me of the fundamental techniques that underpin the dance (no need to say, I still learn stuff everytime, may be not in theory, but at least in terms of practice and performing those basics properly).

Loved the barn - nice feel to it and superb floor. Schedule worked very well too, loved the 2 hour lunch break (here's a surprise, I'm French :na: ) which gave an opportunity to relax and chat with friends.

Now I'll get right to the improvement points:

- gender balance, as others have said. Sunday night at some point I counted 11 leads for 29 follow - that just isn't working, especially as the weekend was quite expensive overall.

- the marque was fine (but just) for the workshops (fans may be needed in July), but IMO the floor was a bit dangerous for social dancing. Is there any way to get the type of flooring that John and Wes use for the outside blues room at SP?

- the long wait for the pre-ordered food on saturday lunch time: I thought this was the whole point of ordering ahead ?

- it would have been nice to have access to free water in the barn, I felt like a right nuisance having to ask for glasses of water all the time

- DJs: there wasn't any. I think it would have been nice to have at least one to get a bit of consistency and variety in the music played. God knows I love 'Cocaine' but after hearing it a dozen times this weekend I'm really sick of it right now :tears:
To me that seems like a bit of a false economy, if that makes sense.

- as a suggestion only: ok may be we're spoiled, but a lot of workshops/tea dances we go to now provide free coffee/tea and biscuits. So we get used to it. As a result it felt a little odd to have to pay for a cup of tea (I'd rather have that included in the price of the weekend).

Hope this comes across as constructive because that's very much how it is meant. It's brilliant to have those smaller events as I feel they are more conducive to learning and progressing. I think the choice of teachers in particular is paramount to that.

Lee Bartholomew
29th-April-2008, 03:29 PM
Anyone rember the track Tatiana played for the final musicaily class. The one with the 'ohhs' in??

robd
29th-April-2008, 05:44 PM
Anyone rember the track Tatiana played for the final musicaily class. The one with the 'ohhs' in??

Chrisette Michelle - Let's Rock'

Cool tune - you can see why it's right up her street.

angelique
2nd-May-2008, 09:56 AM
Well...what a weekend that was..... am so pleased with how it went when you conside everything that could have gone wrong. I have slept for most of this week....feel absolutely exhausted!
Have listened to the feedback...happy to do so.

The floor....being dealt with. As Lee said, the next one available to hire which would have been lovely was so much more expensive which would have had a bearing on the cost of the tickets, but I will work on this for the next time. Apologies for this one.

Lunch on Saturday....took it on board and dealt with it by the Sunday evening so the baguettes were wrapped and ready to grab but this didn't get mentioned. So hopefully have put this right for the next time :grin:

Free teas and coffee's.....do you not have to pay at Southport, Weston, Camber etc?
Embrace your local event organisers and Thank them for giving free tea's and coffee's at your local workshops cos they are spoiling you...:wink:

Gender balancing....:sick:
Bit of a problem. WCS is still in it's infancy and there aren't equal numbers yet of people doing it. Tricky one. Some people who booked late saying they would dance as leads in order to counter balance the problem, then danced as follows. A couple of leads who booked also had to pull out for various reasons so left it even shorter. Sunday night was perhaps the worst as people had left to make long journey's home, so people who turned up just for Sunday night (Ladies) were disappointed.
Again, all I can do is apologise and say it will be stricter next time. Ladies, grab a man to book with....we know how slow they are in booking so "tempt" them into doing so! :rofl:

For me the "bestist" part was seeing all the socialising that was going on and the whole relaxed atmosphere that there seemed to be. Even Tatiana got behind the bar and pulled a few pints...we had to remind her the job wasn't finished till the money was taken!
I am incredibly gratefull for all the support I was shown during the weekend and am getting ready for the next one in June with Parker and Jessica.

Who's up for it??

:clap: :flower: to you all

Caro
6th-May-2008, 09:57 PM
Free teas and coffee's.....do you not have to pay at Southport, Weston, Camber etc?
Embrace your local event organisers and Thank them for giving free tea's and coffee's at your local workshops cos they are spoiling you...:wink:

I know... as I said it was merely a suggestion :whistle:

Gender balancing....:sick:
Bit of a problem. WCS is still in it's infancy and there aren't equal numbers yet of people doing it. Tricky one. Some people who booked late saying they would dance as leads in order to counter balance the problem, then danced as follows.

I should probably apologise for this as I may have been guilty of this :blush:. The workshops being so technical (as opposed to patterns based) made me really want to work on my own technique as a follow. But IMO the gender imbalance wasn't that big an issue during the workshops - I think it's ok to have a few extra ladies as everybody rotate.
The gender imbalance was a bit more of an issue during the freestyles, I think.

Caro
8th-May-2008, 10:16 AM
Have the dates for Parker and Jessica being changed to the last weekend of june ? (instead of july ?) :confused:

If so that's a real pity as it is the same weekend as Myles and Tessa are in London...

as for me, I'm twice gutted as I'll be away in Africa for work... :(

Lee Bartholomew
10th-May-2008, 11:28 AM
Anyone know what version of "tonights the night (will you still love me tomorrow)" was played on Sunday night? Rob I think it was on your Ipod??

robd
12th-May-2008, 02:37 PM
Anyone know what version of "tonights the night (will you still love me tomorrow)" was played on Sunday night? Rob I think it was on your Ipod??

Inger-Marie Gundersen (sp?) - It's on iTunes.