PDA

View Full Version : Nasty virus/spam mail

Gav
23rd-April-2008, 11:32 AM
No solutions required, I just thought I'd share this.

I'm used to all the usual spam, scams, phishing etc. The "hey, haven't heard from you in ages, click this link" etc, but today I got this venomous one:

Subject: she has already gone to hospital!...

Body: Listen to me carefully, i don't know what your name is, but i'll find you and i'll cripple you, because this is you who tempted her!!!
She has already gone to hospital, you're next, this is evidence: Web link here

I've removed the link and needless to say, I didn't click on it because I don't want their virus.

I've never seen one like this before, but it seems especially nasty for less internet-savvy people than us to recieve.

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-April-2008, 12:18 PM
I've removed the link and needless to say, I didn't click on it because I don't want their virus.

I've never seen one like this before, but it seems especially nasty for less internet-savvy people than us to recieve.
weird :) best not to click on any links in emails ever

StokeBloke
23rd-April-2008, 08:01 PM
No solutions required, I just thought I'd share this.

I'm used to all the usual spam, scams, phishing etc. The "hey, haven't heard from you in ages, click this link" etc, but today I got this venomous one:

Subject: she has already gone to hospital!...

Body: Listen to me carefully, i don't know what your name is, but i'll find you and i'll cripple you, because this is you who tempted her!!!
She has already gone to hospital, you're next, this is evidence: Web link here

I've never seen one like this before, but it seems especially nasty for less internet-savvy people than us to recieve.Damn. I wondered why you hadn't replied to me :na:

Seriously. This is pretty low and nasty!!

Whitebeard
23rd-April-2008, 11:59 PM
weird :) best not to click on any links in emails ever

In AOL (which I know you loathe) they're turned off by default.

Dreadful Scathe
25th-April-2008, 12:32 PM
In AOL (which I know you loathe) they're turned off by default.
all email programs give you the ability to turn off HTML - emails are for text only, I'm a purist that way :)