PDA

View Full Version : Martin Elliot

Lounge Lizard
20th-October-2003, 11:12 AM
This guy deserves his own thread, most people know me for teaching the occasional drop or seducer:wink: well Martin taught me!
Great dancer and teacher, really doing us proud down under
So welcome to the Forum Martin:cheers:
Peter

OOps just realised it went to social events by mistake, can anyone move it :blush:
ta

Martin
20th-October-2003, 11:29 AM
Hey LL where you gunna move it to?

Martin

Martin
20th-October-2003, 11:49 AM
Things I need to know ...

If you don't post it here where do you post it?

How do you get a photo ( or a silly lizard [Pete] or a funny flag [ Lily] to come up)

Look if you guys don't tell me I am sure my new love Emma will put me in the know ( I love you Emma)

Marty

Lounge Lizard
20th-October-2003, 11:51 AM
we will let emma take you in hand then:wink:

Martin
20th-October-2003, 11:59 AM
Don't understand this tread stuff too much, so what's the score?

Chit Chat had lots of topics, none too related

Hey Pete tell me how to operate this beast...

LilyB
20th-October-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Martin
Things I need to know ....... a funny flag [ Lily] to come up)
Marty
Funny flag?!!!! :reallymad He's been here all of 2 seconds and already he's insulting the senior forum members (OK... I've got another 2000 posts to go before I make Senior status but whose counting...)

Insults & ignorance aside, welcome to the forum Marty! :kiss: Just in case us Brits don't know yet, Martin is one of those "Brits made good in Oz" people. The No. 1 teacher/adviser in Sydney on aerials and an essential ingredient in all Ceroc Australia's competition/demo teams. :waycool:

LilyB

Martin
20th-October-2003, 01:03 PM
Lily you know I love you (when David is not looking) :devil:

I just wanted your flag - or at least to get my own up [ no no David nothing to worry about]

My nieviety runs mainly to this forum ~ me junior :rofl:

so are you he he he :wink:

The climbing frame.....

Marty

Minnie M
20th-October-2003, 01:16 PM
Hi Martin - I think I need to cut & paste my post to you here from the Brighton Ceroc thread - for those who have not met Martin :-

chilled and cool - (from memory as I haven't danced with him for quite a while) - hand on tummy when dancing and very little body movement, (all in the lead) not forgetting the sexy looks - ahh yes I remember it well

Yes a real treat to dance with as most girls will agree (or should I be PC and say followers, Andy Mc might get upset as I am sure he would like a dance with Martin)

And a contender for Nigel Anderson & LL for the sexy leans and drops (and of course Alan Pratt) - AND now I hear he is quite a master in aerials !

(mind you Franck can be a bit of an OK with his sexy leans etc)

sorry off the thread again and getting a little hot

WELCOME again Martin - hows about getting Simon registered ?

Martin
20th-October-2003, 01:37 PM
Minnie M,

You make me blush :blush:

No more hand on the belly or minimalist dance stature ~ Still the rest...

Love only to dance, when the dance is between two people ( not to impress )

All the same BUT my recent dance partner being a pro
(in the best possible sence) has taught me funk/jazz/street so body rolls, guy movements and stage presence has evolved.

It is still all about the Lady...
Marty

Minnie M
20th-October-2003, 01:53 PM
Minnie M,

Love only to dance, when the dance is between two people ( not to impress ) .....................................

It is still all about the Lady...
Marty

See what I mean girls :drool:

TheTramp
20th-October-2003, 01:55 PM
Hiya Martin

How's Sydney?

Steve

Minnie M
20th-October-2003, 01:59 PM
Talking about cool and sexy dancers - DavidB takes a bit of a beating (don't you agree ladies) - did you exchange tips when he was over with you Martin ? (take note Mr. Tramp)

DavidB
20th-October-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M
DavidB takes a bit of a beating That is the problem when you argue with Lily...

Jon L
20th-October-2003, 02:18 PM
Welcome along - nice to have another ex pat on the site.

I have learnt much from Mr. Lounge Lizzards drops and seducers workshops (Lily B will confirm this). so if you taught him then I should pass on my thanks to you as well.

Jon :)

alex
20th-October-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Jon L
I have learnt much from Mr. Lounge Lizzards drops and seducers workshops (Lily B will confirm this). The one thing I know about dancing with Lily is that she doesn't really like doing drops and seducers. I did ask before we danced, and she said no.

I had a chat with DavidB about it, because she seemed to be doing drops with everyone else. He said the other people didn't ask first...

Alex

Martin
20th-October-2003, 02:34 PM
DavidB takes a bit of a beating
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is the problem when you argue with Lily...

I know, I know...

The walls were not THAT thin...

The problem was Lily found my stash of (naughty stuff)
Bad Bad girl....:yum:

Jon L
20th-October-2003, 02:45 PM
I have always enjoyed dancing with Lily, she is very polite and is always very encouraging.

Her and David are both very nice people. If she was annoyed with me, I am sure I would know about it very quickly.

Jon

Martin
20th-October-2003, 02:53 PM
Hey Tramp ~ you know how Sydney is, and you know how HOT the girls are...

When you back next...

TheTramp
20th-October-2003, 03:01 PM
Hey Tramp ~ you know how Sydney is, and you know how HOT the girls are...

When you back next... Ummm. Well. Hopefully next summer.

Ceroc in NZ have offered to pay my expenses to go over there and teach. And Nicky, Mick in Brisbane, and Deb in Melbourne all want me to teach too. So it's just a question of (hopefully) sorting everything out and being there.

Got room on your sofa again?? :D

Steve

Martin
20th-October-2003, 03:38 PM
Steve'ie baby , if you get paid to go to NZ :D

You are made....

Then you got Melbourne (debie) [get her to pay the transfer], Brisbane (Mick) [hey $95, not hard is it] , Nicky (squeeze the cash- scotish don't you know) + the mostest sexiest girlies ~ Ceroc Australia (boy did you miss out last time)

Me now big house = no sofa , complete works ~ cool bannanas

Marty

LilyB
20th-October-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by alex
The one thing I know about dancing with Lily is that she doesn't really like doing drops and seducers. I did ask before we danced, and she said no.

I had a chat with DavidB about it, because she seemed to be doing drops with everyone else. He said the other people didn't ask first...

Alex

Hey Alex! You are a true gentleman!!!

DavidB is right (he can be occasionally :wink: ) about me not really liking drops. Seducers I rather enjoy, in fact - unless my partner is a perv! :what:

As for drops, I have actually posted a message on this topic quite some time ago. The truth is, I would much much much prefer to just dance than to do one drop after another. With some guys, that really is all you get. So if someone asks me, I will tell the truth. However, I am not averse to doing drops with men who are able to do them safely. Trouble is, how do you tell when a stranger asks you for a dance, whether or not he is competent? The safer option, again, is to say "Preferrably not".

If someone I am dancing with leads a drop, then I will follow as best I can. I will do my best to make it safe (for selfish reasons) and to make it look good (cause I'm a born show-off :blush: :D ) , and of course as a considerate and polite dancer :wink: , I always try to look as if I'm enjoying the dance. If that encourages other men to do drops with me without asking first, then I'm afraid I'll have to live with that! :blush:

If a man is particularly keen to do drops but has the courtesy to ask the lady first, then if he adds a few words of explanation I'm sure the lady will not mind. ;)

LilyB

Sorry for going waaaaaaaaay off topic, but I'm sure Martin won't mind. :cheers: