PDA

View Full Version : Insects After Ashtons...

Pammy
20th-October-2003, 10:05 AM
Ahhhh, what a weekend. It was great in Ashtons on Saturday. We had a real little crowd of forumites.

It was great to see everyone :grin:; Barry S. who is undoubtedly one of the funniest people around, the lovely Mary (who brought Ricky with her), Helen & of course, the joke-ster himself Boomer.

It was a brilliant night and dare I say it, fun was had by all :grin:.

The best part for me was afterwards eating out.... We strolled up and down the high street looking for somewhere that had even the vaguest hint of hygeine standards, but ended up (after a group vote) in Floyas again; after deciding the last incident with a cockroach was probably a one off). Well, whilst Boomer was in the toilets, I looked down shocked and Barry S. said "Shut-up, it's not even funny" and then looked down and realised I wasn't jesting, but infact on the floor was the biggest cockroach seen yet. Barry S., Helen & I were in hysterics:rofl: . The "proprietor", upon seeing the commotion, rustled over and squashed it into the flooring....

Anyway, we left and went back to the first place that sold some really tasty looking cakes; only problem was, we saw more cockroaches in there than the last place:sick: , but it was too late to change our minds as we'd already ordered:blush:.

Boomer thought I was jesting, but in all seriousness I had actually seen another one, but decided that given his "insect-phobia", I'd better shut-up or he'd run out screaming!!!

It was all such a laugh:rofl: ; how one can describe chancing a serious-dose of food poisoning ammusing I don't know:what: , but it was...

Next time, it has been suggested that we take our camping gas and make our own bacon sandwiches at the end.... :wink:

ChrisA
20th-October-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
It was great to see everyone :grin:; Barry S. who is undoubtedly one of the funniest people around, the lovely Mary (who brought Ricky with her), Helen & of course, the joke-ster himself Boomer.

I obviously need to grince more to be more memorable...

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

I reckon Rikki and I made the right decision not to go for the chips, tho...

Chris

Pammy
20th-October-2003, 11:58 AM
:rofl: Oh bugger, you was on the original post, but I typed it in my e-mail then pasted it in, and demon are having problems this morning and it crashed so I had to re-type part of it, hence you was left off! I hadn't really forgotten you, honestly.

Didn't get to grince with you, but did have a fun night with you...

Shame you didn't get Ricky to drag you along for post eateries. I was most upset you ducked out:tears: .

Next time we'll have to pre-arrange it so there's no escaping for you:grin:.

You going tomorrow, Wednesday or both?

Loads-a-love. :hug:

Pammy xx

PS Actually, re-reading it, John is missing too :blush: Flippin' rotten computers :reallymad flippin' crashing :reallymad all the flippin' time :reallymad

ChrisA
20th-October-2003, 12:10 PM
but did have a fun night with you...

The dancing was good too :waycool:

Shame you didn't get Ricky to drag you along for post eateries. I was most upset you ducked out:tears: .

Yeah, sorry bout that... I was knackered after dancing 4 out of the 5 previous nights. Obsessive or what???

You going tomorrow, Wednesday or both?

I've been kind of planning to get some sleep this week - in time for Rock Bottoms at the weekend.

But I don't expect I'll be able to resist your charms :wink:

Cx

Lory
20th-October-2003, 03:38 PM
Hi, this is my first day on here, i'm sure I must know some of you but i haven't a clue at the moment
I dance regularly at Ashtons and Hipsters, can I have a clue....please!

ChrisA
20th-October-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Lory
Hi, this is my first day on here, i'm sure I must know some of you but i haven't a clue at the moment
Welcome to the nuthouse!!!

Which Hipsters day do you go to? I tend to go to both. I also try and get quite close to the stage for the lessons so that I can see what's going on (cos if I miss anything I'm completely sunk - which explains why I have no idea if it's the guys that have to move round.

I will say no more :D - there's loads of entertainment to be had trying to work out who's who.

For the record, it was not I in that outrageous red shirt last Wed.:waycool:

Chris

Pammy
20th-October-2003, 03:45 PM

We're normally the ones with food poisoning! :wink:

Nope, seriously, we're erm, well, Sheepy has "the sheep shirt" and I normally have the pony tail with sparkly shoes (blimey that is not a good description to have is it!?!) Chris normally has on a Rock Bottoms top of some description and Boomer has a bottle of beer in his hand :wink:

Now you know who to avoid! :wink: :wink: :wink:

No, seriously, come say hi and next time we go to Ashtons I hope you'll join us for chips afterwards :grin:

Px :cheers:

ChrisA
20th-October-2003, 03:47 PM
Chris normally has on a Rock Bottoms top of some description
Px :cheers:

Oi !!!!

Never by the time freestyle starts - I've changed out of it by then :waycool:

Chris

Minnie M
20th-October-2003, 03:51 PM
Sheepy has "the sheep shirt" and I normally have the pony tail with sparkly shoes (blimey that is not a good description to have is it!?!) Chris normally has on a Rock Bottoms top of some description and Boomer has a bottle of beer in his hand :wink:

Now you know who to avoid! :wink: :wink: :wink: :cheers:

AND I have my hair in braids (now you should know who I am Pammy) and Lounge Lizzard usually wear a bandana and of course you must know DavidB and LilyB - wooooopss forgot Andy Mc - but you can't miss him (well not without trying)

I am off to Dorking tomorrow, LL is DJing and they have a band - but will be at Hipsters next Tuesday

WELCOME :hug:

forgot :confused: how will we recognised you ???

Pammy
20th-October-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
Never by the time freestyle starts - I've changed out of it by then :waycool:

Hey don't complain, at least you get to wear a rock bottoms top; Helen and I can't go as we're single and they like you to book as a two; we're victimised yet again :tears: :tears: :tears:

I'm dead jealous too; Sheepy, Mary & Tony are all going to the next one! :sorry

I think I'm going to get one of those fake moustaches and start calling myself Paul or something! :wink:

Px

Pammy
20th-October-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M
AND I have my hair in braids (now you should know who I am Pammy)

Think I do now :D

Lory
20th-October-2003, 03:56 PM
Helloooooooo, OOOh lovely, prompt responses! :grin: Ok, maybe it might be easier to see if u know me~? he he he...... now holding breath whilst trying to describle myself....... longish blonde straight hair, can't stop laughing, when i dance and then i can't see as my eyes close when i laugh! (wow that sounds attractive) I'm not the tiniest of dancers either but all the more to wiggle!

ChrisA
20th-October-2003, 03:56 PM
Helen and I can't go as we're single and they like you to book as a two; we're victimised yet again :tears: :tears: :tears:
Px
I think it's more that you have to book up really early - mostly the next one gets booked up during the previous one, if you know what I mean.

Talk to Tor - there may be cancellations.

Chris

ChrisA
20th-October-2003, 03:58 PM
can't stop laughing, when i dance and then i can't see as my eyes close when i laugh!

Ah... I thought you were laughing at me. I probably deserved it :(

Lory
20th-October-2003, 04:44 PM
I will definitly look out for u and say hello Minnie, don't take the braids out for the next couple of weeks! lol
I do know someone who's always holding a bottle of beer, hmmm I wonder? :rolleyes: i'll have to ask him his name next time i see him.
and yes, of course, i know Lilly and David...lovely couple!

Lory
20th-October-2003, 04:49 PM
OOPs sorry i meant to say I'll look out for the Ponytail and sparkly shoes too, Pammie! XXX

Minnie M
20th-October-2003, 04:56 PM
Hey don't complain, at least you get to wear a rock bottoms top; Helen and I can't go as we're single and they like you to book as a two; we're victimised yet again :tears: :tears: :tears:

Px

Am I reading this correctly - you will NOT be at RB this weekend Pammy :confused: - if so that is a shame :tears:

I shall be travelling with LL - of course DavidB & Lily B will be there (teaching) and Mrs. McGregor will be there too (no Andy :wink: )

Pammy
20th-October-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M
Am I reading this correctly - you will NOT be at RB this weekend Pammy :confused: - if so that is a shame :tears:

Alas no, I wish I was :tears:

Will be missing you all and at a loose end twiddling my thumbs all weekend! :blush:

Boomer
20th-October-2003, 06:18 PM

Boomer thought I was jesting, but in all seriousness I had actually seen another one...[and he ran].. out screaming!!!

It was all such a laugh:rofl: ;
Yeah, bloody hilariuos, I'm still itchy - big as yer arm it was...with fangs and venom and my name in its eyes.

Sorry for hi-jacking your post Pammy(tm).....:rofl: ... Looks like this week is out full-stop for me:tears: I've a backlog of study tha's threatening to bite me on the unintentionals of I don't deal with it, so will have to catch you next week:tears:

Andy McGregor
20th-October-2003, 06:36 PM
Px

My wife, Sue's, going without me. She told me you couldn't go as a couple as it makes it to 'couplely' whatever that means:wink:

She actually said our friend Jan's boyfriend dropped out and she had a spare place - but that wasn't really that interesting.

If you like I'll ask Sue to buy you a t-shirt - although what you'd be thinking of dancing in something that wasn't shiny or sparkly is beyond me:confused:

Boomer
21st-October-2003, 01:07 AM
Hey! No fair, this is victimisation:sad: ! There are plenty of men who hold bottles of beer at these dance thingies. I’m the one not so much ‘holding’ a bottle as griping on for dear life and some small degree of comfort:sick: , there is a big difference....look for the man whose knuckles are as pale as his face:nice: .

Ignore anything you hear about Chris (from him) being a questionable dancer, I made a point of observing him to see if he was as bad as he claims....nonsense, he’s damn good....just try not to loom when you step in with him, I hear he gets a bit sea-sick:D .

Pammy’s the ponytailed, sparkly shoed prowler, she prowls, waiting for newbies to pounce on...hard to miss:D

McGregster speaks for himself...well, his shirts speak for him....actually, I think they’re loud enough to speak for everyone from what I hear:what: ...which is a lot.

Speaking of shirts, I have to agree with McGregster’s comments elsewhere about the need for a bit of adventure, top wise, on the dance floor. Wore my rather fetching (if I do say so myself) lilac shirt to Ashtons for the first time, had some positive feedback:blush: . Looking forward to unwrapping my package when it comes – if nothing else, a McGregster sanctioned top :waycool: should divert attention away from my 3 club feet:waycool: .

See you all next week
:cheers:

Pammy
21st-October-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
she prowls, waiting for newbies to pounce on...hard to

Look, I told you, it was an accident! :really: :blush: :really: :tears: :wink:

Looking forward to unwrapping my package when it comes[/B]

And he's off again! :wink: :wink: :wink:

ChrisA
21st-October-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Ignore anything you hear about Chris (from him) being a questionable dancer, I made a point of observing him to see if he was as bad as he claims....nonsense
I'll have to whack you with your white stick if you start talking like that...

Chris :blush: :blush: :blush:

Pammy
21st-October-2003, 01:50 PM
I'll have to whack you with your white stick if you start talking like that...

But you're always whacking me with sticks even when I haven't spoken! :tears: :tears: :wink:

ChrisA
21st-October-2003, 01:52 PM
But you're always whacking me with sticks even when I haven't spoken! :tears: :tears: :wink:

Eh?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pammy
21st-October-2003, 01:56 PM
Eh?

Oh don't you start; you've obviously been talking to Sheepy (see P&S's PMs)

Px:hug:

ChrisA
21st-October-2003, 02:01 PM
Oh don't you start; you've obviously been talking to Sheepy (see P&S's PMs)

Px:hug:
Eh?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pammy
21st-October-2003, 02:06 PM
Eh?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Isn't that what one says when they see a shiney red shirt?

:wink: