PDA

View Full Version : I get logged out when I post

Amir
14th-March-2008, 08:57 PM
Just now I wrote the best post what I ever wrote. It would have made you laugh, then cry, then feel infinitely inspired to live every day to its fullest and commit to a life of learning and self improvement, and it came to me in a bout of celestial inspiration that is unlikely to ever be repeated.

When I hit the button to submit the post, I was told that I was logged out and need to log in. (Even though I was logged in.) When I logged in my post had disappeared, and hitting the 'back' button didn't help either.

Oh well.

If you are reading this then it doesn't happen everytime. Only when I write something amazing. Apparently this drivel got through.

Astro
14th-March-2008, 09:06 PM
It's happened to me too, but usually when I've written something dodgy.

It's like the God's are smiling on me.

Sorry about your masterpiece though.

Little Monkey
14th-March-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh Amir, please post more often. I've just laughed so hard my back fell apart again, and I had to pick myself off the floor! :rofl:

killingtime
14th-March-2008, 09:39 PM
If you are reading this then it doesn't happen everytime. Only when I write something amazing. Apparently this drivel got through.

I would have loved to see that post; I'm sure it would have been a work of beauty. Anyway if you tell it to remember you then it doesn't really seem to happen. You'll need to remember to log out if you are on a public machine though. Oh and Firefox and such tend to do a good job at remembering items in text fields if you hit the "back" button.

Lost Leader
15th-March-2008, 10:49 AM
I think this happens when after you have filled in your name and pass-word to log back in a box comes up which says something like thank-you for logging in and there is a button marked "proceed". What you must not do is click on that button. If you simply wait the box and button will simply disappear and another box will appear saying thank-you for posting and all will be well.

Don't know why it happens in the first place though - it seems to depend on the length of the post or the time you take to write it.

Spiky Steve
15th-March-2008, 12:45 PM
Just now I wrote the best post what I ever wrote. It would have made you laugh, then cry, then feel infinitely inspired to live every day to its fullest and commit to a life of learning and self improvement, and it came to me in a bout of celestial inspiration that is unlikely to ever be repeated.

When I hit the button to submit the post, I was told that I was logged out and need to log in. (Even though I was logged in.) When I logged in my post had disappeared, and hitting the 'back' button didn't help either.

Oh well.

If you are writing something that takes a while or is simply too good to re-write then I would suggest it is written using Word or Wordpad etc using and saving on your computer. You can then cut and paste and add any smileys etc.

I learnt the hard way too :o(

Steve

Martin
15th-March-2008, 01:12 PM
If I am doing a goodie (happens on rare occations) - I do a ctrl A, ctrl C... select all and copy...

several times, in case I get a computer glitch...

Then if it kicks you out, you can just go back to reply and just paste...

TA Guy
15th-March-2008, 01:56 PM
Most log out problems tend to be cookie related in my forum experience.
Usually either your browser is blocking them, your firewall or router, or some privacy/security software.

ducasi
16th-March-2008, 10:56 PM
Two rules to make sure you achieve smooth, successful (& slotted) posting...

1. Make sure the URL you use to visit the forum has the "www" in the address. I.e. this link (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/), rather than this link (http://cerocscotland.com/forum/).

2. Make sure you click the "remember me" button when you login.

Top tip! If you change the style you browse the forum in your User CP, from Ceroc Orange to, say, Metallic, you'll notice if you get logged out much sooner than otherwise.