PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone and music query

Lynn
14th-March-2008, 11:41 AM
I have a new to me phone. My last phone just sent texts and called people (well not all by itself, it would have been very clever then...). This one can play music...

I can put any of the files I have in Media Player on.. but not my recently purchased iTune tracks. I think cos they are MP4 files. Is there any way of converting them so I can put them on my phone?

(If not, why when technology gets more advanced does it, in this case, get harder to use? These are tracks I have bought, I just want to be able to play them on my phone!)

mick s
14th-March-2008, 11:48 AM
I have a new to me phone. My last phone just sent texts and called people (well not all by itself, it would have been very clever then...). This one can play music...

I can put any of the files I have in Media Player on.. but not my recently purchased iTune tracks. I think cos they are MP4 files. Is there any way of converting them so I can put them on my phone?

(If not, why when technology gets more advanced does it, in this case, get harder to use? These are tracks I have bought, I just want to be able to play them on my phone!)

They are probably AAC protected files if downloaded on ITunes you can convert them to MP3 files. I have done this before, think there are some previous thread on this somewhere.

If in doubt with new technology ask a 10 year old is my advice.

Zebra Woman
14th-March-2008, 12:55 PM
It is a bit of a pallaver.....

I wait until I have a batch of itunes files, burn them onto a CD, then rip the tracks back into itunes as mp3. These mp3 files are DRM free so I can transfer them to my phone freely.

ZW:flower:

Lynn
14th-March-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks ZW - that was exactly the info I needed and it worked perfectly. :D