PDA

View Full Version : Brighton Ceroc

Minnie M
15th-October-2003, 01:31 PM
I can't find the orginal thread -

I know it is a bit far for most of you BUT

THIS SUNDAY

This Sunday 19th October, we are all getting very excited as CEROC is (after 8years) coming back to Brighton -:cheers:
Thank you Adam and the team from CerocMetro :hug:

Just outside Brighton, the Shoreham Centre is a fabulous venue with a great dance floor and stage and a top quality sound system.

The venue is located at 2 Pond Road, Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex, BN43 5WU. Beginners Class 7pm, Intermediate 8pm, freestyle 8.30 to 10.30pm.

TheTramp
15th-October-2003, 01:38 PM
Should be a good night.

Wish I could come along! Hope you all have fun! Say hello to everyone down there that I knew (that isn't on the forum) :D

Steve

Minnie M
15th-October-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Should be a good night.

Wish I could come along! Hope you all have fun! Say hello to everyone down there that I knew (that isn't on the forum) :D

Steve

It is a real shame you are so far away Steve, you are almost an adopted Brightonian - I am sure some people will expect you to be there - come and visit us soon, you could do your 3some with Andy & Ben again !

Sheepman
15th-October-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M
Steve, you are almost an adopted Brightonian Hang on, isn't Steve adopted everywhere he goes, and isn't that why he's the Tramp?

G x

Minnie M
15th-October-2003, 04:20 PM
Yes that is true Mr.S - however, your Brighton adoption papers came through long before his - in fact a lot of dancers in Brighton think you ARE a local

Will you be able to get to us on a Sunday ?

Sheepman
15th-October-2003, 04:23 PM
No sorry, won't make it, too much work to do preparing for a big event.

Greg

PS I think you missed the gist of my previous post, but I liked the reply anyway! (And I was a local for 19 years).

TheTramp
15th-October-2003, 04:34 PM
It is a real shame you are so far away Steve, you are almost an adopted Brightonian - I am sure some people will expect you to be there - come and visit us soonWhy thank you Miss Minnie.... Just tell them all to come visit me up here in sunny Scotland :D
you could do your 3some with Andy & Ben again ! *shudder* And that was the reason I moved to Scotland :D

Steve

Gus
15th-October-2003, 06:58 PM
Forgive my curiosity ... but I was under the impression (possibly erroneously) that Brighton and its environs were a LeRoc/MoJive enclave? Has the 'invasion' by Ceroc caused a stir? The reason for my question is that I know from previous stories (and personal experience) that business side of dancing may not alwyas be as friendly as the punters would like. It would be great if all clubs supported each other but this isn't alwys the case.

Daphne
15th-October-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Gus
It would be great if all clubs supported each other but this isn't alwys the case.

... they do up here (don't they???)

Forte
15th-October-2003, 08:06 PM
It is a real shame you are so far away Steve, you are almost an adopted Brightonian - I am sure some people will expect you to be there - come and visit us soon, you could do your 3some with Andy & Ben again !

I am glad he's in Scotland! Although it is a bit scary dancing with him sometimes!!:D Although if I was La Sheena I could do so much more!! Go Sheena!!:grin:

Daisy
15th-October-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Forgive my curiosity ... but I was under the impression (possibly erroneously) that Brighton and its environs were a LeRoc/MoJive enclave? Has the 'invasion' by Ceroc caused a stir? The reason for my question is that I know from previous stories (and personal experience) that business side of dancing may not alwyas be as friendly as the punters would like. It would be great if all clubs supported each other but this isn't alwys the c
case.

I don't know if it has or will cause a stir but I think your right about the S.E. Coast dance sceen having negative vibes. Too many operators trying to attract the same dancers on the same nights. This creates a split crowd with not such good dancing at any one of the venues....rather than working together to provide sizzling dancing at one well attended event.

Maybe the arrival of Ceroc Metro will only exhasberate this problem futher. Running dance nights seems to be a band waggon that too many people are trying to jump on!

Minnie M
16th-October-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Forgive my curiosity ... but I was under the impression (possibly erroneously) that Brighton and its environs were a LeRoc/MoJive enclave? Has the 'invasion' by Ceroc caused a stir? The reason for my question is that I know from previous stories (and personal experience) that business side of dancing may not alwyas be as friendly as the punters would like. It would be great if all clubs supported each other but this isn't alwys the case.

Mo'jive is out of the area, so competition doesn't come into it

- as far as the local organisers are concerned, they were concerned when the news first broke, but Julian and Mikey are OK with it now (and ARE supporting this), I think because it is on a Sunday which does clash with any of their classes and they are hoping that Ceroc will bring in fresh blood, who in turn (hopefully) will frequent their classes too. I am not too sure of Graham's feelings.

Roll on SUNDAY :cheers:

Lounge Lizard
16th-October-2003, 10:15 AM
Hi South coast dance organisations
Yes there is a negative feel sometimes - a brief history, Graham LeClerc started it all off, great teacher, big classes, good moves, good venues and good music.

There was a once a month dance that was packed with dancers from everywhere - from what I hear similar to the atmosphere in Scotland today.
Graham foolishly moved his main venue to a bigger location out of Brighton.......big mistake :tears:
Another Organiser Jeff Jasper set up in Grahams old venue (same guy that told Andy to f**k off re smoking policy, + the only person I have banned from my venues)
Graham and Jeff would stand outside the others venues on dance nights giving out their own flyers and trying to discourage dancers from going in! Dance nights were put on head to head - all very silly and sad.

Unfortunately Graham's classes are not the same now and his numbers have dropped
Jeff - the less said the better
Three other good organisers are now in the Eastbourne/Brighton/Worthing area.
Sarah (Graham's partner) she is very good (and Graham if you are reading this IMHO let Sarah take control of your class nights and watch the numbers increase).
Julian Hansford - now Brighton areas biggest organiser, very good set up with swing and modern jive classes, plus best dance nights in the area.
Mikey - Been around for ever it seems has taught for Jeff & Graham, now runs his own class near Brighton (which he started with Larry Lurex - Sorry Andy McGr) - He bills himself as the south's cheekiest dancer - that's rubbish..........The country's cheekiest dancer methinks :wink:
There are four other organisations trying to teach in the area, .

As a result of the above the fun atmosphere of all meeting up at our local venue for a social night has reduced and some of the teaching is fragmented to say the least.

Hopefully Ceroc with there marketing, trained teachers and management will change the face of Brighton dance scene - yes there will be casualties, but probably to the dancers benefit:cheers:

Oh and me - I teach in Hasting about 30 miles away, although I have tried to venture into Brighton but it did not work out:sad:
I also tried a dance night in Brighton and got one dancer turn up:what:
So Please support Adam when he opens this week, sorry Adam I have weekend bookings thru till December so cant make it, but Good luck
Peter

Wasn't that brief really was it ;sorry; Oops!!

John S
16th-October-2003, 12:17 PM
I'm going to be in Brighton over the weekend Thu 30 Oct - Sun 2 Nov. Are there any dance venues/events anyone can recommend on these dates?

Having read Lounge Lizard's post it sounds like it's a war-zone, so I'll pack my body-armour and tin helmet.
:what:

Lounge Lizard
16th-October-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by John S
I'm going to be in Brighton over the weekend Thu 30 Oct - Sun 2 Nov. Are there any dance venues/events anyone can recommend on these dates?

Having read Lounge Lizard's post it sounds like it's a war-zone, so I'll pack my body-armour and tin helmet.
:what:
good idea, It is ok really, this organisers thing started a few years ago and pi***d off a lot of dancers, some just gave up because of the hassle.
Others like myself Lynda & Andy drive miles to dance and Steve (Tramp) moved to Scotland:wink:

30th to 2nd - I think Graham leClerc is on at King Alfred on the Hove Seafront and Jeff is at David Lloyd Centre Brighton.
Check out www.Lyndaslist.com
Jeff often gives his tickets away to build up numbers:what:
Peter

Neil
16th-October-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Graham LeClerc started it all off, great teacher, big classes, good moves, good venues and good music Interestingly enough, Graham also started off the modern jive scene in Nottingham (God bless him!), beating Ceroc to it by several months. On nights when the regular teacher (Debs) couldn't make it, he used to do the round-trip from Brighton to teach. The venue was a city-centre nightclub and the atmosphere was fantastic. Oh, halcyon days...

:cheers:

Neil

Minnie M
16th-October-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Daisy
I don't know if it has or will cause a stir but I think your right about the S.E. Coast dance sceen having negative vibes. ..............................
Maybe the arrival of Ceroc Metro will only exhasberate this problem futher. Running dance nights seems to be a band waggon that too many people are trying to jump on!

On behalf of all the good dancers for Brighton who have to travel to Portsmouth & London to get a good dance :-

PLEASE DO NOT BE NEGATIVE, let the organisers bitch, all us dancers want is a decent venue with great teachers and dancers who WANT TO DANCE ! This is what Adam and his crew are offering us - Mick, Gordon and Adam are SUPERB dancers AND teachers - what role models we are going to have, and young Ben is a fantastic dancer and he is now learning the ceroc style of teaching, and we all know that is the best.

I am not sure if I know you Daisy, but I learnt to dance with Graham LeClerc about 9 years ago (same time as Mike of 2Dance4) - in those days Graham ruled (see LL post) and in those days us Brighton girls had the reputation of being the best dancers in the country because we had such good leads :cheers: AND in those days all the best dancers travelled to our dances - including Viktor, Nigel, Simon (now in OZ) Martin Elliot (in OZ now) Joseph Sewell etc etc - no wonder us girlies were good dancers with such leads !

We need a POSITIVE ATTITUDE to get Brighton back on the map again for being good dancers and the place to go dancing.

Daisy
16th-October-2003, 10:17 PM
I agree Minnie....we definately do need a positive approach from everyone who dances in the Brighton area. I'm fed up of going to dances where the venue is half empty.

I feel sorry for some of the organisers cos I know they put a lot of effort in but infuriated by others who go out of their way to split the scene. This ringing around dancers offering free entry (Jeoff) if they bring others with them sounds a bit desperate to me. If fact it only puts us off and we go trekking up to London or elsewhere.

Graham's comp. was a brave & positive step in the right direction and brought outsiders in, showing that we do have good venues, music and dancers. Phil Duckett also attracts a good few out of towners on his charity nights. I think the problem is that we can't all dance 7 nights a week! and there are soooo... many organisations operating in this area now that they are almost putting each other out of business. I don't want the likes of Graham to be a casualty of this because he is a bloody good teacher and is in fact responsible for having taught many of the top SE coast dancers in the first place!! Maybe we should make an effort to support the teaching talant we already have in our area!

Minnie M
16th-October-2003, 11:41 PM
I don't want the likes of Graham to be a casualty of this because he is a bloody good teacher and is in fact responsible for having taught many of the top SE coast dancers in the first place!! Maybe we should make an effort to support the teaching talant we already have in our area! Maybe we should make an effort to support the teaching talant we already have in our area!

Such strong words in Graham's defence, how long have you been dancing Daisy and how often do you go to Graham's classes ?

I am only interested in getting dancers back to the classes and to help generate new dedicated dancers. (more leads for me)

Julian's (Jules Jive/Evolution Dance) dances and Phil Ducket's charity dances are great and do bring outsiders to Bighton, which is great - BUT we need NEW dancers and to get the current dancers to a higher standard, especially the leads. Graham has had ample opportunity to do this and unfortunately it hasn't worked.

[/B][/QUOTE]SE coast dancers [/B] :what: :confused:

Daisy
17th-October-2003, 09:19 AM
QUOTE]
Such stong words in Graham's defence

Graham is quite capable of defending himself and my dance experience is irrelevent although it is on a par with your own Minnie.....in other words I'm no beginner and in case your wondering, no I don't fancy him either!

Minnie M
17th-October-2003, 10:03 AM
Sorry Daisy, I didn't mean to offend - I just thought if you want others to support Graham so much ARE YOU helping him in his classes :confused: and, by asking how long you have been dancing, you would a great help both for the beginners and improvers, to give the leads a good 'follower'

I am not disputing Graham ability to teach - he is a great teacher - but somehow his class numbers are very poor :confused:

Where did the bit about fancying Graham get there:confused: it never crossed my mind :confused:

To all those who know me and what I have done for the dancing world - bit dramatic - sorry :blush: - I love the world of dance AND dancing definitely comes first, the social side is a great, I have made some wonderful friends since dancing and it has changed my life BUT it is dancing first and formost, bit of a bugbear of mine, the people who use dancing as an excuse to meet people - it should be the other way around !

Daisy
17th-October-2003, 10:24 AM
No offence taken. I do go to G Lc dances/classes on occassions but I tend not to show a regular affiliation to any one teacher, preferring to have a varied dance circuit. The only thing I do do is avoid the venues & teachers I don't like.

Most experienced or semi-exp. dancers seem to be pretty migratory. Oh course we will all rush to the new Sun. night event, out of curiosity, but how long will it last. At one time Thurs nights at Shoreham was 'TOTPs', then it was Julian's at Lancing (laterly Worthing) now it's going to be Ben ( taught by Graham) at Shoreham. Of course Adam will pull out all the stops initially but I can't see Mick and Co. trekking down to Shoreham every Sun. eve ( before work on a Mon.)

I hope it does liven things up a bit, I really do....all I'm pointing out is that we've had and still do have very good teachers already established in our area and we don't use them...me included, so why are even more coming in? :confused: :confused:

Mikey
17th-October-2003, 12:00 PM
Most experienced or semi-exp. dancers seem to be pretty migratory. Oh course we will all rush to the new Sun. night event, out of curiosity, but how long will it last. At one time Thurs nights at Shoreham was 'TOTPs', then it was Julian's at Lancing (laterly Worthing) now it's going to be Ben ( taught by Graham) at Shoreham. Of course Adam will pull out all the stops initially but I can't see Mick and Co. trekking down to Shoreham every Sun. eve ( before work on a Mon.)

Well, now i think Minnie and daisy have made some very valid points, Minnie i have known for some years and i know her heart is in the dancers having a good time and not how organisors are doing.. hence her listings (Lyndas List). Daisy, i have no idea who you are, no doubt we know each other from the Brighton dance scene somehow.. By the way, I learnt from Graham in the first few months of my dance life and Ben, he did as well, but he did as i did and learnt well by going to many different teachers and venues, picking the best bits from them all...

Now.. as one of the dance teachers here in Brighton, i will tell you personally my experience of been one...

GRAHAM

Now it's no secret myself and Graham had a major falling out some years ago, which i regret to this day on a personal level, in fact here and now as i have done in person, "I apologise Graham for what happened between us" ... Now myself and Graham get on fine and are very civil with each other.. Yes it's true he was at the top once in the dance world here, and deservedly so, he was never trained as a teacher, but nonetheless, was and is a superb teacher to this day,i believe that if only, he was a tad more extrovert, he would be even better. I respect graham for his abilities as a teacher. However, when his numbers were down at shoreham and brighton, i had excellent numbers at my own venue. Graham had his saturday night dances just up the road from my venue and i called offering him the chance to come and teach a class at my venue and in doing so, he could promote his saturday night and his brighton/shoreham venues, "HE DECLINED" more fool him... I have offered on other occasions to cooperate and each time he declines, stating in a friendly manner, i am not welcome at any of his venues, dances etc etc..

JEFF :rofl:

this prize catch was lucky in picking up the venue graham gave up, he cannot teach, has never been trained, and relies on outside sources generally to teach classes on his behalf, which i did for him myself for some time. !!! I will not comment further other than to say, Jeff must hold a record for been a pain with his flyers etc at other venues.. i know for a fact of several organisors including myself who has had to ask him to take his flyers away, as they go, he goes... However, he does organise some very good dances on occasions at the Hove Centre, his only plus...

Julian

Another soul, who has never been trained, but teaches.. what he teaches like i could not tell you as i have never seen him do a class. He was simply a dancer who decided one day to start his own classes and to his credit he has some busy ones and some excellent dances at the King Alfreds each month. However... Julian and i used to cooperate with swapping flyers etc, until the day I opened a venue he took offence to.. his revenge was to call me and ask if i would promote his saturday night dance at my classes, which i did and he then called me on the saturday night at 6pm to inform me i was banned from his dances, classes etc etc...

Mikey

well thats myself, so you tell me.... all i will say is that i am trained by CTA some 10 years ago, so qualified to teach and have been happy to cooperate with any organiser who does the same for me. Something myself and Peter Phillips(who teaches and took the time to gain a qualification with the LEROC ferderation ) have done and do when we can. i do carry and i am willing to carry other promoters flyers on a reciprocal basis..

I will be at Adams (CEROC) on Sunday and i promoted it to my class at hurstpierpoint on wednesday, telling them i do think it will be a good night if his london venues are anything to go by...

Sadly i am ashamed :sorry of how the organiors are with each other down here in Brighton and it is commented on by many around the country, but I have no idea of how it could be changed with the paranoid attitudes of some here, (no my own i might add).

so there... now you know some of the reality...:tears:

Andy McGregor
17th-October-2003, 01:08 PM
I'm pleased to see that Daisy and Minnie have made up:hug: It got quite heated there for a moment. But then us dancers are a passionate bunch.

I know who Minnie is and she usually gets on well with everyone - even I'm not particularly scared of her! I'm sure I must know Daisy as well - the 'competition winner', 'teacher' and 'horses' clues will eventually click for me.

The dancing in the coastal area of Sussex has somehow got a bit overcrowded. Wearing my businessman hat for a moment I can tell you that markets often go through phases like this. Markets grow, new entrants come along because they see an attractive growing market, this causes the market to fragment and there is oversupply - eventually some weaker/loss making/less profitable companies decide that other markets are more attractive and leave. In some cases staying in the market becomes a test of nerve and depth of pocket. In the process the surviving companies have to start listening to and acting on consumer opinion. This can only be good for us consumers - in the long term. This seems to have happenned recently with petrol stations - the market couldn't support the number there were so quite a few shut and the survivors have started offering so much more to their customers.

Unfortunately a dance class is nothing like a petrol station. We don't care if nobody else uses the same petrol station as us. But we do need other people at a dance class. So while the market is oversupplied there is a danger that the whole thing will grind to a halt.

The malise set in 5 years ago. It is the story recounted by LL but I was there and saw it differently and at first hand. For what it's worth, here it is;

1. Graham lost his successful Worthing on a Thursday venue due to a dangerous floor and moved to Shoreham. This became a great success. It's a big venue with a great floor and a bar.

2. At the same time people were complaining that the very successful Tuesdays at City Gate were too crowded and there was no bar. So Graham moved the class to Shoreham which is a much better venue - this was 5 years ago.

3. Jeff Jasper had put on some dances and been supported in them by Graham who only had one dance a month at the time. Jeff moved into the City Gate Centre on a Tuesday as soon a Graham left. He hung around outside Graham's venues giving out leaflets, putting them on cars and verbally running Graham down if he could stop you for a chat. I remember on two occasions he made me jump as he appeared out of the shadows to give me his leaflets.

4. Graham's Tuesday nights were a flop as everyone continued to go to Brighton. Graham had made a bad business decision so he corrected it by opening up in Brighton again but by then the damage was done.

5. After a few months of Jeff's sneaking around outside his venues Graham decided to fight fire with fire and hand out leaflets outside a dance Jeff held at Hove Town Hall. The following week Graham received a letter from Hove Council saying they'd received complaints about him intimidating the public outside their venue and would ban him if it happenned again! It's difficult to point a finger but no complaints were ever received about Jeff who'd been doing the same thing for months...

6. Other similar things have happenned over the years so we now have a situation where Graham and Jeff are bitter enemies. Graham seemed more interested in getting back at Jeff than he was in building his business - Jeff has been pretty much the same and he's always 'phoning people to get them to come to his classes and menioning Graham in an unpleasant way at the same time.

7. Us local dancers have been caught in the crossfire. Our local classes have gone downhill, the atmosphere is unpleasant (and Smoky at Jeff's dances at HTH), the numbers have dropped and we've been dancing elsewhere - for example, at Hipsters the other night there 10 Brighton dancers! We wouldn't drive 150 miles on a school night if we had a credible local alternative.

N.B. Julian Handford entered the market 2 or 3 years ago. He kept himself to himself and although he's not as experienced a teacher as Graham he has enjoyed relative success.

The actions I think are needed in our area are the following;

1. The consistently poorly attended classes need to close. They can't be making any money and must give the wrong impression about modern jive to any newbies that visit. I wouldn't have returned if my first class had been the current Brighton on a Monday or Shoreham on a Tuesday - my first class was Brighton on a Monday, but that was March 1997 - how times have changed! I'm told Thursdays in Shoreham and Wednesdays in Hurstierpoint and Horsham are looking a bit thin too:tears: One of the organiser told me that he wouldn't close his bad night because some other organiser might go in there and make a success of it:confused:

2. The organisers need to start listening to their customers. I'm told that at long last Graham has started asking his customers what he can do to lure them back - although I don't know if he's actually made any changes as a result.

3. The organisers need to talk to each other and book only one dance a weekend. Personally, I've stopped going to Brighton dances if there's two (or more!) as usually this clash means that neither is worth going to - especially as many other people do the same as me.

4. All of the organisers need to start recruiting new dancers rather than squabbling over us regular dancers - Julian has done his bit but nobody else bothers - I've been out with him busking on a windy Saturday in Worthing and it works. Some organisers even say 'why should I get new dancers for other organisers to poach?'.

I really don't think the various Brighton dance organisations should be expected to work together in some kind of cartel. After all, they are in competition. But at the moment they mostly seem to be indulging in spoiling tactics against each other - and it's all working, they're spoiling each others classes to the extent that they're almost all spoilt:tears:

I think there is still room for a good professionally run class in the area. Julian's recent successful opening of Wednesdays in Worthing has proved it can be done. I'm hoping that Adam's Sunday night class, with his professional approach, will be a success. I'm expecting him to spend some time and money developing the class and will give him all the support I can - just as I often do for many of the local organisers:D

And hopefully the feelgood factor of Ceroc and BritRoc will rub off on the other classes too:waycool:

Daisy
17th-October-2003, 05:24 PM
Well said Andy....you have covered everything very succinctly and made a great deal of sense. I am now going to 'shut up' on this topic and move on to more light hearted matters.;)

By the way....who said I was a comp. winner? I haven't

Andy McGregor
17th-October-2003, 05:40 PM
Well said Andy....you have covered everything very succinctly and made a great deal of sense. I am now going to 'shut up' on this topic and move on to more light hearted matters.;)

Thank you Daisy:kiss:

It's nice to have someone say I make sense.

By the way....who said I was a comp. winner? I haven't

I read this in your biography on this Forum;

'Danced 3-4 yrs. Comp winner'

It's the bit I keep banging up against when I'm trying to work out who you are - no don't tell me, I want to guess.

Well maybe one more clue would be nice...:devil:

Daisy
17th-October-2003, 05:43 PM
You must have been seeing things.....where does it say that.:)

LilyB
17th-October-2003, 05:53 PM
..... we go trekking up to London or elsewhere.
So are you & your luvly man going to JiveBug tomorrow night then? Would be nice to see you there.
Graham's comp. was a brave & positive step in the right direction and brought outsiders in, showing that we do have good venues, music and dancers. Phil Duckett also attracts a good few out of towners on his charity nights. ......... Maybe we should make an effort to support the teaching talant we already have in our area!
Actually David & myself love coming down to the Brighton area on Saturday nights for the dances, particularly at King Alfred Hall (great venue). The post-dance breakfast at the caff next to the market is a major factor in getting us down south. :yum: Of course the main reason is to see & dance with our many friends in the area. Unfortunately we haven't been for a while (apart from last Sunday's BritRoc), due to too many commitments. :sad:

Such a shame the Ceroc nights are on Sundays, otherwise we might be seriously tempted!

LilyB

Gus
17th-October-2003, 06:01 PM

Well siad ... bit sorry I asked the original question but at least the forum members now have a far clearer picture of what has happened down South. I would like to say that was has passed is exceptional ... but most people realise that its not .... HOWEVER, my experince over the last 2 years is that organisers are co-operating as never before ... even franchisees form a certain well know MJ organisation (:wink: ) have been far more forthcoming in working with rival organisations. Long may it continue:grin:

Daisy
17th-October-2003, 06:02 PM
Hi Lily :kiss: seems as though you have sussed me out. Jive Bug could well be on the cards, if so .......see you there.;)

Andy McGregor
17th-October-2003, 07:29 PM
You must have been seeing things.....where does it say that.:)

You've now changed your biography, you naughty Daisy:wink:

p.s. I'm starting to suspect I know who you are. I just need to choose between the attractive blondes I have in mind...

bigdjiver
17th-October-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
. I just need to choose between the attractive blondes I have in mind...

I never thought I was alone.

DavidB
17th-October-2003, 10:32 PM
Martin Elliott from OZ here (formally Brighton) - Have tried to log on as myself [I have tried to contact them] - maybe one day Ceroc Scotland will let me know how to do it - Ever since David logged on using my computer - AAAAHHHHH

(Still, good to have you stay David and Lily while your were in Sydney)

Number 1, Thanks Minnie M for including me in your "good leads" list...

As to Brighton, do not give up on the South Coast a keen core of dancers there.

Graham ~ he was the person who first taught me to dance and I have a lot to thank him for. I will always be grateful to him for what he has done in the past.
I now compete across Australia with a lot of success and am always being complemented by my smooth style (due to Graham)

I our hey-day I remember going up in a coach with all the Brighton boys and Brighton girlies to attend the London events.

(if anyone knows how to log on as myself without distroying David's profile, e-mail me MartinElliott@froggy.com.au - look I only train computing, don't know how to operate them "those that can do, those that can't teach")

These smiles look fun too - how do you use them?????

Martin

Will
18th-October-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
Martin Elliott from OZ here (formally Brighton) - Have tried to log on as myself [I have tried to contact them] - maybe one day Ceroc Scotland will let me know how to do it - Ever since David logged on using my computer - AAAAHHHHH

Martin

So David's left himself logged on in Australia eh!? Oh - The potential!!!

Martin, if you could start posting up a few derrogatory comments about Leeds Utd Football Club, someone in West London is going to have a cow!!!

You can also tell us which luscious ladies have been flooding Davids' PM inbox with adulation and adoration and get him into trouble with Lily :grin:

Andy McGregor
19th-October-2003, 11:32 AM
Just to bring this thread back on topic I thought I'd remind everyone that tonight is the opening night of Ceroc in the Brighton area.

Loads of great dancers I've spoken to are coming so it should be a fantastic night. Although I think Adam might be worried the beginners could be intimidated by the dance gods in attendace I'm expecting a great night:D

It's from 7pm - 10.30 pm at The Shoreham Centre Pond Road, Shoreham - about 5 miles West of Brighton on the A27. It's very easy to find. Here are some directions.

Going west you take the first slip after the Southwick Tunnel
Going east you take the first slip after the traffic lights at Shoreham airport.

Take the Shoreham exit off the big roundabout.

After about a quarter of a mile go left at the mini roundabout.

After about another half a mile or so there's a speed camera on the right hand side. Turn right there.

Go over the railway crossing and take the first right, follow this road as it bears left and goes past the Shoreham centre on your left. Turn left at the T junction - the car park entrance is on your left.

The car park is at the back of the building so you'll need to take a stroll round to the front entrance. There's a gap between the buildings in the corner of the car park or you can go around the outside.

See you there:D

Mary
19th-October-2003, 01:40 PM
Just been reading this thread with a great deal of interest. I have never danced in the Brighton area (so much to tempt us here in the London area). However, whenever I have danced with a brilliant dancer and asked "where do you normally dance?" the answer is invariably "Brighton". The same happened this Thursday at Uxbridge - danced with an obviously experienced dancer (someone told me a was a teacher), and asked the usual question - answer was Brighton.

Very sad to hear of events over the last few years, but dancing is a business and business can be brutal. However, I still don't think that's an excuse for shocking behaviour, but then I have always had a sense of fair play (me, gullible or what?). Can't help wondering now if my dancer on Thursday was one of the players in the Brighton scenario:confused:

Sounds like tonight could be a blast, or at the very least, interesting. Sadly, can't make it as Tony won't be back from Kent in time. All you guys (generically speaking) who make the pilgrimage have a great time.:cheers:

Still gutted I couldn't make last Sunday.:mad:

M

Mikey
20th-October-2003, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mary
[B]Just been reading this thread with a great deal of interest. I have never danced in the Brighton area (so much to tempt us here in the London area). However, whenever I have danced with a brilliant dancer and asked "where do you normally dance?" the answer is invariably "Brighton". The same happened this Thursday at Uxbridge - danced with an obviously experienced dancer (someone told me a was a teacher), and asked the usual question - answer was Brighton.

Can't help wondering now if my dancer on Thursday was one of the players in the Brighton scenario:confused:

[B][I] Hi mary,

this dancer last thursday, all in black, spikey hair, cheeky smile, wiggly hips and body of a greek god (I WISH !) ?

Minnie M
20th-October-2003, 12:48 AM
South Coasts Cheekiest Dancer - yep that's Mikey !

Just home after the first night at the new Ceroc Metro venue - Gordon was fantastic - JB was JB (living up to his reputation) Sally was the perfect hostest and welcomed everyone in with a smile (you have taught her well Mandy)

Good turn out for a first night, great dancers, the standard was surprisingly high - hopefully with Adam's magic we will soon fill it up with new dancers.

I noticed quite a few 'old' faces from Brighton past, Graham & Sarah Adcott, Steve (never knew his surname), Mikey to name a few who have been dancing as long as I have AND longer (quite errie) - you should have been there Martin E. it would have been like old times

Nice atmospher - relaxed and friendly - and a got a great cappachino and a choccy bar at the end of the lesson (like an evening tea dance) - there is a coffee shop open all evening !

Final Note for the fellas - Lots of young pretty girls (under 25yrs old) AND good dancers !

Martin
20th-October-2003, 09:58 AM
Go Brighton,

Give it a go...

Finally, Finally, Finally - Many thanks to Emma ~ been able to log off that mischievous man Davis B from my PC and log on as myself:kiss:

Now you be careful about that Mikey ~ last itme I saw him at Camber he conned his demoer into wearing a "fall-out" top - such a bad boy...:cheers:

Marty

Minnie M
20th-October-2003, 10:19 AM
WELCOME MARTIN:kiss:

It's great to have you on board - BRIGHTON RULES even if some of us are in OZ:cheers:

I will have to encourage your Brighton fan club to register now !

Emma
20th-October-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Martin
Finally, Finally, Finally - Many thanks to Emma ~ been able to log off that mischievous man Davis B from my PC and log on as myself:kiss: Hi5 :grin:

Minnie M
20th-October-2003, 11:01 AM
I know a few of Forum members were at the opening last night - I am sure Adam would appreciate comments good or bad to help with improvement (my comments were posted above)

Minnie M
20th-October-2003, 11:04 AM
Sorry folks - slightly (only slightly) off thread - welcoming Martin Elliot to the Brighton thread

There are a couple of Martin Elliot dancing clones in Brighton still (from the Freestyle Frenzie days), I will haved to seive him out and pretend (with a wild imagination tho as they DON'T LOOK LIKE YOU) - hand on tummy when dancing and very little body movement, (all in the lead) not forgetting the sexy looks - ahh yes I remember it well :drool:

Now you have gone, you have left the sexy dancing to Mikey (not forgetting Sexy Ray)

Ben has a long way to go to catch up with the above masters !

Lounge Lizard
20th-October-2003, 11:09 AM
Blimey I nip up to Scotland for a few days and this thread goes wild
Well said Andy
Whatever the current position with Graham he deserves full credit for the high standard of dancing/dancers in Brighton.
I learnt at Graham's and then developed my dancing at Nigel's workshops so I cant thank these guys enough.

I can understand Graham not wanting to let go of any of his existing class nights, as Jeff walked in the last time he done something like that

Andy I agree with your comments about moving Tuesday's to Shoreham, but Graham should have kept the Brighton venue and put another teacher in there - Hindsight, wonderful gift.

Sarah, (Graham's Partner) is a popular and successful organiser (the little minx is affecting my Hastings numbers) and I think she could turn round Graham's classes - put her in as (joint) venue manager, Graham steps back and just teaches with her.

Daisy did you go to Jivebug at Fleet?
I Don't remember seeing you there.

If other organisers/would be organisers are reading this thread, please learn from our mistakes down south where one of the best dance areas in the country has been ruined by one very good guy making silly mistakes and another 'opportunist' jumping in on the bandwagon.
Peter

Minnie M
20th-October-2003, 11:19 AM
Blimey I nip up to Scotland for a few days and this thread goes wild .......................................

If other organisers/would be organisers are reading this thread, please learn from our mistakes down south where one of the best dance areas in the country has been ruined by one very good guy making silly mistakes and another 'opportunist' jumping in on the bandwagon.
Peter

Yep I have been to Coventry - great weekend wasn't it Lindsay ?

Part 2 of LL quote - I totally agree, and that is why I hope Ceroc works in Brighton, we are ALL fed up with the silly politics down here, I have to say Mikey is the only one (talking organisers) I have time for ! AND although Graham IS a great teacher and there is no taking that away from him - he does NOT take his students further than learning how to freestyle. ALL the good dancers have moved on and away from there (workshops + other classes/teachers, I am sure Daisy will agree there), this is were the likes of Mikey and Ceroc take over - bearing in mind Mikey is Ceroc trained !

Hopefully they can all work together then we would have the correct solution - a great class with good dancers and a happy friendly atmospher with decent numbers !

LilyB
20th-October-2003, 11:20 AM
Daisy did you go to Jivebug at Fleet?
I Don't remember seeing you there.
Peter
Excuse me, Mr LL, but you were not at JiveBug on Saturday! :mad: Daisy was there and so were many others (excluding Andy McG who failed to materialise).
Where were you then? (this'd better be good :wink: )

LilyB

Martin
20th-October-2003, 11:22 AM
Hey Minnie M,

Thanks for the Rap

:D

Glad to be finally on-line (Emma I love you) :kiss:

Peter when you coming over??? ~ Where does Lounge Lizard come from, never spotted that long tounge before...

Mikey - OH NO - is that what you are left with now (love you really)

:sick:

On a serious note Brighton girlies ROCK.

Go down (please please no comments) and support them.

Lounge Lizard
20th-October-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by LilyB
Excuse me, Mr LL, but you were not at JiveBug on Saturday! :mad: Daisy was there and so were many others (excluding Andy McG who failed to materialise).

LilyB Sorry got night wrong I was there Thursday, flew to Scotland Fri am.:cheers:
Hope it was another great night at Fleet
C U at weekend
p

Lounge Lizard
20th-October-2003, 12:07 PM

Where does Lounge Lizard come from, never spotted that long tounge before...

.......Brighton girlies ROCK. Go down......and......!!!
I'm not one to take things out of context but.... good to know you have not changed:wink:

Martin
20th-October-2003, 12:24 PM
Well all my loving so far goes to Emma - the only one to help me out :waycool:
Cool or what :kiss:

Andy McGregor
20th-October-2003, 12:28 PM
You've now changed your biography, you naughty Daisy:wink:

p.s. I'm starting to suspect I know who you are. I just need to choose between the attractive blondes I have in mind...

I saw the other blonde on Saturday night so I knew who you were when I saw you on Sunday - I didn't know you liked horses:confused:

Martin
20th-October-2003, 12:34 PM
Hey LL where did the Martin Elliott thred go to I was starting to like the accolation?

Look ~ on a serious note always good to acknowledge people who have made a difference.

:D

As an educator ( spelling not my strong pont)

HELP me struggling on this site...

Marty

(Emma take me in hand and tell me what to do......)

Andy McGregor
20th-October-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by LilyB

LilyB

Sorry Lily, I was stuck at my brother's wedding in Petersfield until about 9pm, I decided that Portsmouth was nearer and certainly less of a drive back to Worthing after a long day. I had a great night dancing in my kilt - a few naughty, naughty women and one guy:what: couldn't resist checking me out:waycool:

Having danced in a kilt I'm now going to look into getting a shorter kilt made in a lighter fabric. I was nice and cool around the legs but the weight of the kilt made double-time spins feel different when the kilt sort of caught up with you:confused: Maybe I just need to get used to it. I still think I'll wear the current kilt to a few dances though - It's a real babe magnet:wink:

Minnie M
20th-October-2003, 12:54 PM
I had a great night dancing in my kilt - a few naughty, naughty women and one guy:what: couldn't resist checking me out:waycool:

well :confused: did you wear the kilt as a true scotsman :drool:

Mikey
20th-October-2003, 01:02 PM

Be serious Minnie !!! The man who wears gold posing pouches and stocking and suspenders to dance in ? I would imagine the people Andy thought were on the floor "checking him out" were really there in fits of laughter:rofl: at the sight !!!
Anyway if you did wera it as a true scotsaman Andy me boy, had someone done the half moon, would it show i wonder:what:

Sheepman
20th-October-2003, 01:11 PM
And how about the sporran, if it's a hard one, it shows no mercy when it catches up after a double time double spin!

I'm sure there are photos, but can we bare :wink: to look at them.

Greg

Andy McGregor
20th-October-2003, 01:13 PM

I did go commando at the wedding - as instructed by the groom! But I wore nice big stretchy black boxers shorts to the dance.

And I'm glad I did. Most people checked me out by lifting the back of my kilt but one brazen woman lifted the front to take a peek:devil:

Even wearing my sensible knickers I felt a certain frisson...

Sheepman
20th-October-2003, 01:20 PM
I did go commando at the wedding

Even wearing my sensible knickers I felt a certain frisson... I hope you weren't troubled by the wind.

How many threads eventually get round to knickers?
(Or should that be How many knickers eventually get down to threads?)

Greg

Daisy
20th-October-2003, 05:12 PM
Goodness me Andy, or should I say 'Larry Lurex', please promise us you won't try wearing a thong!! There's quite enough of that going on with the women as it is........ but at least they don't have a hairy bum!!

:eek:

Mikey
20th-October-2003, 05:15 PM
Goodness me Andy, or should I say 'Larry Lurex', please promise us you won't try wearing a thong!! There's quite enough of that going on with the women as it is........ but at least they don't have a hairy bum!!

How do you know Andy has a hairy bum ?:confused:

Andy McGregor
20th-October-2003, 05:21 PM

I thought you were one of the few people in dancing who hadn't seen my bottom - your description matches so it seems I was wrong again:devil:

Maybe I should wax:tears:

I thought I sould mention Brighton Ceroc just to stop Franck starting a thread about 'Andy's Hairy Bottom':what:

Last night was a great night for experienced dancers. There were more good female dancers than I could get round in one night. However, there were only about half a dozen beginners - and I took two of them. We need to get out busking to attract new people. So when and where is it going to be Adam?

Daisy
20th-October-2003, 08:20 PM
I'm only guessing that Andy might have a hairy bum.......he has hairy legs so theres a good chance it .............oh you know!:innocent:

By the way........where do you lot get all these deep and meaningful quotes from. Don't any of you have work to do?

Oh yes.....Brighton Ceroc - good but where were the 'dance gods' we were promised? I believe at least one stayed at home watching T.V. However, there were some very nice dancers there
and thanks for the dances guys.

Andy McGregor
20th-October-2003, 08:29 PM
By the way........where do you lot get all these deep and meaningful quotes from. Don't any of you have work to do?

I just do a search on Google putting in the key words 'dance quotes' and see what comes up - I particularly like my current quote as it could be used to describe Nigel Anderson's life, especially the 'love pranks':devil:

I've pasted it below because it will change again in a week or so.

Dancing, is, for the most part, attended with many amorous smiles, wanton compliments, unchaste kisses, scurrilous songs and sonnets, effeminate music, lust provoking attire, ridiculous love pranks, all which savor only of sensuality, of raging fleshly lusts.

Histriomastix (1632), Puritan William Prynne

Minnie M
20th-October-2003, 09:01 PM
Oh yes.....Brighton Ceroc - good but where were the 'dance gods' we were promised? I believe at least one stayed at home watching T.V.

Mick & Viktor (or Micktor) as they are called - will be there in 2 weeks time - next week being Rock Bottom, so JB wont be there - Sally (Gordon's better half) will be DJing (she's very good, was a DJ at Britroc) - so the gods WILL be there and many more - anyway Adam himself is a bit of a god too !

PS: We ALL (the Brighton forum peeps) know who you are now Daisy - and congratulations for winning at the Britroc - you ARE a great dancer - well deserved !

John S
20th-October-2003, 09:11 PM

Dancing, is, for the most part, attended with many amorous smiles, wanton compliments, unchaste kisses, scurrilous songs and sonnets, effeminate music, lust provoking attire, ridiculous love pranks, all which savor only of sensuality, of raging fleshly lusts.

Histriomastix (1632), Puritan William Prynne

Ah yes, William Prynne - branded with "SL" on both cheeks for being a Seditious Libeller, subsequently had both ears cut off for his religious views and later thrown into prison.

It's easy to see why he wasn't exactly a bundle of laughs to be around.

Andy McGregor
20th-October-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by John S
Ah yes, William Prynne - branded with "SL" on both cheeks for being a Seditious Libeller, subsequently had both ears cut off for his religious views and later thrown into prison.

It's easy to see why he wasn't exactly a bundle of laughs to be around.

Yes that's him. In the way of tabloid journalists everywhere I've quoted him to prove completely the opposite of his intended meaning. The quote actually gives part of the reason why he thought dancers all went straight to hell:devil: But I thought they sounded like very good reasons to enjoy dancing even more.

At least this proves I'm not just making these things up like some people on the Forum.

He looks a bit of a non dancer and, understandably, a bit worried - here is his picture

ChrisA
20th-October-2003, 11:48 PM
He looks a bit of a non dancer and, understandably, a bit worried - here is his picture
Nice shirt though :rofl:

Chris

TheTramp
20th-October-2003, 11:48 PM
And just what is wrong with having 'SL' tattoo'ed on both cheeks?

Nice to know I had a fan even back then :D

Steve (Lampert)

Lory
20th-October-2003, 11:52 PM
I saw Adam from Ceroc metro tonight at finchley, showing off pics of his new baby Girl, Amy, born yesterday, 6lb 1oz
Congratulations to them all!

Andy McGregor
21st-October-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
And just what is wrong with having 'SL' tattoo'ed on both cheeks?

Nice to know I had a fan even back then :D

Steve (Lampert)

Now that I've had the connection made I might even have my own cheeks branded SL - but, as mentioned earlier in this thread, I'll need to have them waxed. Do you have S on one cheek and L on the other a la CJ or do you have SL on each cheek:wink:

I now understand how some threads mean nothing if you weren't there as they unfolded.

So to get back on thread, good news about Adam's baby. I wonder if he'll bring Amy to the seaside one Sunday when he teaches the Ceroc class:innocent:

Minnie M
21st-October-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ChrisA
Nice shirt though :rofl:

Chris

Saw this comment at work this morning and laughed so loud every looked at me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: - thanks Chris, it has set me off for the day :cheers:

Mary
21st-October-2003, 11:20 AM
[I] Hi mary,

this dancer last thursday, all in black, spikey hair, cheeky smile, wiggly hips and body of a greek god (I WISH !) ? [/QUOTE]

Yep, that was the one. :wink: Thanks for a couple of great dances - hope to have the pleasure again sometime.:cheers:

You go away for a day and you miss pages and pages of dialogue!!!

Sounds like fun was had on Sunday.

M

Minnie M
21st-October-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Mary
[I] Hi mary,

this dancer last thursday, all in black, spikey hair, cheeky smile, wiggly hips and body of a greek god (I WISH !) ?

Yep, that was the one. :wink: Thanks for a couple of great dances - hope to have the pleasure again sometime.:cheers:

M [/QUOTE]

Well Marty - you better pay us a visit pretty soon, looks like Mikey has taken over as the Brighton Sex God now !

Martin
21st-October-2003, 02:19 PM
Well Marty - you better pay us a visit pretty soon, looks like Mikey has taken over as the Brighton Sex God now ! [/B][/QUOTE]

I would, but Sydney needs me, the sun, sea, the relaxed lifestyle. :cheers:

Very much enjoyed Camber in May this year though - enjoyed performing the routine with N&N for the Caberet slot.

Really enjoyed teaching (what I call) baby ariels. - Although Lily did tell me afterwards that rolling and girl onto your shoulder ( The sack of potatoes) is not considered baby....:blush:

All good fun:D

Marty

Lory
21st-October-2003, 02:48 PM
Hi Martin, who did u demo with at Camber? was it Adrianna? :)

Lory
21st-October-2003, 02:49 PM
Correction...who demo'd with u! sorry:blush:

Martin
21st-October-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Lory
Correction...who demo'd with u! sorry:blush:

Sure was Adriana :waycool:

Marty

Mikey
21st-October-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Mary
[I] Hi mary,

M [/QUOTE]

well I may be at Uxbridge again this thursday, commitments permitting.. will look forward to the dances..

Lory
21st-October-2003, 03:38 PM
I think I remember doing a Cartwheel over your knees on the Grass! lol just b4 you demonstrated the 'suprise drop seducer' on my mate Jo! remember????
Sure was Adriana :waycool:

Marty :rofl:

Martin
21st-October-2003, 03:58 PM
I think I remember doing a Cartwheel over your knees on the Grass! lol just b4 you demonstrated the 'suprise drop seducer' on my mate Jo, in mikey's chellet! remember???? :rofl:

Sure did - me and my "It's not hard, it's all in the technique, anyone can do it" ~ That phrase has often go me in trouble on the grass....
:kiss:

Glad you liked the "Suprise drop seducer" a truely special move:wink:

I have since found out that it is not one to do on the best man's mother at a wedding reception :blush:

Must have been too much :cheers:

Marty :D

Loo
21st-October-2003, 05:02 PM
I often come down to Brighton at weekend to see friends - Could someone tell me who is teaching ? Also what time does it finish ?

Daisy
21st-October-2003, 09:17 PM
Thankyou Minnie for the lovely comment.......your not bad yourself.

Congratulations to Adam on the birth of his new daughter.

Minnie M
23rd-October-2003, 12:55 AM
Seeing Amy was the reason daddy couldn't be at his opening night I thought she should be here too !

Andy McGregor
23rd-October-2003, 08:50 AM
Seeing Amy was the reason daddy couldn't be at his opening night I thought she should be here too !

Well done Mandy and Adam, Amy looks lovely:waycool:

Welcome to the World, Amy:hug:

Minnie M
24th-October-2003, 08:51 AM
Ben - what a star :kiss: He has organised Busking at the Holmbush Centre, SATURDAY 1st NOVEMBER at 12 (noon) it is in conjunction with something else they are doing that day to collect money for Charity

REMEMBER it is NOT this week - I will post a reminder the end of the week

JB, Sue McG + myself will be at Rock Botts this weekend - but will see you all the following Sunday :hug:

Pammy
24th-October-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Mikey
well I may be at Uxbridge again this thursday, commitments permitting..

Ahhh, that's what we like, a man true to his word!

Well, I now know Mikey & Lory so that's another two of the forumites exposed :grin:

Thanks Mikey for the wonderful dances; you'd stood out last week actually, but I had no idea you was a forum member til Lory told me yesterday.

Shame we couldn't really talk much in there but it was so loud I couldn't hear myself think, let alone anyone else speak!

Good to meet you both and see you soon I hope (now I know how to look out for!) :cheers:

Pammy
x

Lory
24th-October-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
Ahhh, that's what we like, a man true to his word!

Well, I now know Mikey & Lory so that's another two of the forumites exposed :grin:

Thanks Mikey for the wonderful dances; you'd stood out last week actually, but I had no idea you was a forum member til Lory told me yesterday.

Shame we couldn't really talk much in there but it was so loud I couldn't hear myself think, let alone anyone else speak!

Good to meet you both and see you soon I hope (now I know how to look out for!) :cheers:

Pammy
x
Thanks Pammie, it was nice to meet u too, even if we did have to SHOUT at eachother!!! lol

Love from Miss Marples (i'll uncover the rest, all in good time!!!)

Pammy
24th-October-2003, 09:40 AM
Thanks Pammie, it was nice to meet u too, even if we did have to SHOUT at eachother!!! lol

And now I know who to come to for the red spikes I want in my hair :wink:

Px

Miss Marples
24th-October-2003, 09:54 AM
Love from Miss Marples (i'll uncover the rest, all in good time!!!)
Love from me too, Lory! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Lory
24th-October-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Miss Marples
Love from me too, Lory! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Oops sorry, I didn't realise there was a REAL Miss Marples! lol
:blush: :cheers:

Minnie M
28th-October-2003, 10:53 AM
Adam will be teaching at the Brighton Ceroc this Sunday and JB playing the music :cheers:

Minnie M
29th-October-2003, 02:46 AM
Adam will be teaching at the Brighton Ceroc this Sunday and JB playing the music :cheers:

Sorry folks - just found out Adam & JB will be there the week after

Minnie M
14th-January-2004, 09:12 PM
FREE RE-OPENING LAUNCH NITE

SUNDAY 18th JANUARY - starts beginner lesson at 7pm freestyle after 8:30

Ben is teaching AND our very own LL (aka Peter Phillips) is DJing

Should be a great evening - and FREE all evening

Shoreham Community Centre
Pond Road

Minnie M
18th-January-2004, 10:47 AM
REMINDER

PETER PHILLIPS playing the music BEN & HELEN TEACHING

The venue is located at 2 Pond Road, Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex, BN43 5WU. Beginners Class 7pm, Intermediate 8pm, freestyle 8.30 to 10.30pm.

Please try and come we need Ceroc in Brighton

AND IT'S FREE

Katie
29th-January-2004, 04:25 PM
I received an email from Cerocmetro a couple of days ago stating that the Brighton venue is closed until further notice. Does anyone know why?

I encouraged a friend of mine to support the sunday night and he went along with a couple of others last week and to their dismay it was closed. To be honest i felt a bit silly when they called me to say that it was not on. There was no notice of this, even on the forum, which suprised me.

Was anyone else disappointed?

Kate

Andy McGregor
29th-January-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Katie
Was anyone else disappointed?

Kate

I'd encouraged 3 friends to go along too.

They turned up to a closed venue and rang me to tell me not to bother going because there was nothing going on there.

I've called Adam to find out what's happening. He's away until Monday 9th Feb. I'm sure he'll tell us when there's anything to tell.

Boozy Bird
29th-January-2004, 08:06 PM
Hi (my first posting!!)

I was meant to be demoing with Ben but when I spoke to him during the day he was in hospital with Sam, soon to be a daddy, so I knew I wasn't needed.

I was surprised to find out that it had been cancelled as a couple of my friends were going down...obviously when they arrived it wasn't on. I felt a bit awful having recommended it and received the email a few days later like you did Kate.

Hope everyone is well and catch you on the dance floor soon if the big freeze melts soon:wink:

Andy McGregor
29th-January-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Boozy Bird
Hi (my first posting!!)

I was meant to be demoing with Ben but when I spoke to him during the day he was in hospital with Sam, soon to be a daddy, so I knew I wasn't needed.

Alina stood in for you and Ben the night that Sam was in delivery. Those of us that were there had a great night with LL on the decks. That was the Sunday before last.

Last Sunday was the night we were surprised to find the doors closed. But Adam has now emailed us to say that Brighton Ceroc is closed until further notice - so don't go next Sunday!!!

Boozy Bird
29th-January-2004, 08:21 PM
:o My mistake and you are right, it was the week before! I even went with Katie that night. Still surprised not to receive an email or something from Cerocmetro that it was going to be cancelled...wonder when they made the decision?

WCS tomorrow??

Andy McGregor
29th-January-2004, 08:26 PM
WCS tomorrow??

You're only going to have a dance with the 'New Nigel' :devil:

We've got to go off thread.
Brighton Ceroc is extinct:tears:

Minnie M
29th-January-2004, 09:22 PM
WELCOME BOOZY BIRD

:clap: :clap:

Sheepman
30th-January-2004, 10:57 AM
WELCOME BOOZY BIRD

:clap: :clap:
snap!

You're only going to have a dance with the 'New Nigel'

You might have to dance with the old (:tears: ) sheepman too.

Greg

Boozy Bird
30th-January-2004, 11:07 AM
:D Thanks Sheepman, I would love to dance with you but as Ed will tell you last week I had a real dance complex as I went back to being a real beginner and it was awful!!!

I have been persuaded to give it 6 weeks and by then I should be able to dance without the hysteria that takes over when it all goes wrong.

See you tonight:grin:

Minnie M
30th-January-2004, 11:32 AM
See you tonight:grin:

The Winning Post is on till 1am AND it the band there is bluesy - you could get at least an hours dancing (especially WCS practice) in AND it should be free as the door closes at just after 11pm (ask for me if not)

(sorry gone COMPLETELY off thread):blush:

Andy McGregor
30th-January-2004, 11:53 AM
(especially WCS practice)

Would I get to use all 3 of the moves I know:tears:

(sorry gone COMPLETELY off thread)

This the 'Brighon Ceroc' thread - as they've 'gone off' I think we've every right to 'go off' too. I suggest we use it as a place for Brighton people to work out where they're going dancing until Ceroc comes back - or someone opens an alternative that's actually busy with keen dancers:tears:

Also, I know the Scottish members of this Forum love it when they get to find out about events that are hundreds of miles away:devil:

Minnie M
30th-January-2004, 12:11 PM
Would I get to use all 3 of the moves I know:tears:

I think it would be very entertaining - the rock and roll people will love you (they like dressing up too :wink: )

[QUOTE] I suggest we use it as a place for Brighton people to work out where they're going dancing

Great idea Andy :yeah: :hug:

Martin
30th-January-2004, 01:26 PM
So sad about the demise of Brighton.

Who remembers the coach trips to Leicster Square, where we stormed London ?

Or the several car loads to Fulham?

Andy McGregor
30th-January-2004, 01:42 PM

We're still going up to London venues - at any night at Hipsters in Ealing about 4 cars will have come from Brighton!

But now it's out of necessity. We're going just to get a good night out because we can't get one locally:tears:

Mikey
30th-January-2004, 06:33 PM

Blimey, now your bringing back some memories !! Do you remember I organised them first of all and then Melanie took over .. we used to do a prize draw on the coach for a bottle of wine too..lol..

Mind you me and you used to trek around enough.. travelling back late trying to kill ****ed up hitch hikers on dark country roads.. :what:

Minnie M
30th-January-2004, 06:44 PM
Blimey, now your bringing back some memories !! Do you remember I organised them first of all and then Melanie took over .. we used to do a prize draw on the coach for a bottle of wine too..lol..

Mind you me and you used to trek around enough.. travelling back late trying to kill ****ed up hitch hikers on dark country roads.. :what:

And the coach was hired from on of Dr.Vince's patients :wink: Vince is still about (I think) married to Claire now - what ever happened to Dr. Jannine ?? and her partner Keith - last time I saw them was at the Casbah !

ahhhh..... the memories .....

Martin
31st-January-2004, 03:21 AM

My recollection is of you trying to MISS "road strollers" with me dozing off in the passenger seat...:what:

Fortunately you have great driving skills (well fortunate indeed for mad road strollers) :cheers: