PDA

View Full Version : Double Trouble

Chicklet
15th-October-2003, 12:30 PM
Possibly wrong but don't remember us having a right rollocking chin wag on this aspect of la dance.

So what do ya'll think?

Personally I don't think there's enough of it goes on, love to watch, love to do (only know about two of the "tricks" and NEED to go on a workshop asap) - especially enjoy the challenge of doing things on the "wrong" side.

So is it a gimick?
Should it be laughed off the floor?
Does it exist in other dance styles? (sure I've seen a choreographed Tango clip with two women and one man)
Anyone know the history?

(Feel a DavidB contribution coming on - hope so...)

TheTramp
15th-October-2003, 12:37 PM
Why does your poll stop at only 2 women??? :tears:

Steve

Chicklet
15th-October-2003, 12:37 PM
Immediately replying to one's own post not terribly good form but forgot a couple of things.

All of the above is geared towards the traditional one man two woman. It also applies of course to any combination of three, no discrimination was intended:D

AND anyone who wants to go to the next DT workshop I come with ready made 2nd bird.:waycool: :D

Chicklet
15th-October-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Why does your poll stop at only 2 women??? :tears:

Steve

cos then it's not DOUBLE is it. I don't know, beginners eh?:innocent: :D

Dave Hancock
15th-October-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet

Personally I don't think there's enough of it goes on, love to watch, love to do (only know about two of the "tricks" and NEED to go on a workshop asap) - especially enjoy the challenge of doing things on the "wrong" side.

So is it a gimick?
Does it exist in other dance styles? (sure I've seen a choreographed Tango clip with two women and one man)
Anyone know the history?

My own personal view is that there is enough of it goes on, I prefer to dance with one woman whom I can devote all of my intentions to as I see the Jive as a partner dance.

However, I do enjoy watching people doing double trouble, especially some of the locals such as Bill, Steve and Brady whom are all very skilled in the art and whom I'd often sit out a dance to watch if at a freestyle. It is a bit gimicky,but shouldn't be laughed off the floor. It looks terrific and it should be left to the guys to decide if they want to lead it. I used to get pestered on most nights out in Aberdeen by a couple of lasses to dance DT with them after doing it once and I ended up trying to avoid them as I'd normally rather dance with just one person.

As far as dancing with 2 women, I'm sure a lot of the Scots do this regularly if they attend ceildh's.

Forte
15th-October-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
[As far as dancing with 2 women, I'm sure a lot of the Scots do this regularly if they attend ceildh's. [/B]

Absolutely! well said! :hug:
However watching Trampie boy Steve do double trouble with Sheena and Linda on Saturday night was amazing! All three of them were brilliant. At one point both gals were lying across his knees and both were dipped at same time ( that sounds vaguely rude but you know what I mean!!) :D

Chris
15th-October-2003, 01:09 PM
So what do ya'll think?
So is it a gimick?
Anyone know the history?

I like watching it occasionally when it's done ina unique way - John Sweeney does it like a duck to water with up to three women at a time, Fran-Bill-Denice had a lovely swan-like routine when I saw them once, and Steve Lampert's 'football' routine had me in stitches.

But it's a novelty thing for me - I've no desire at all to do it myself really. For regular double-trouble, I'd probably rather see a woman with two men (more attention on the woman).

Tango and jive could maybe do with a separate thread (?) - I find it fascinating but am no expert.

TheTramp
15th-October-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Chris
I like watching it occasionally when it's done ina unique way - John Sweeney does it like a duck to water with up to three women at a timeWonder where he got that idea from then :wink: Actually, the most I've had is 7. There wasn't really enough room though..... :na:

and Steve Lampert's 'football' routine had me in stitches.Thanks. Though, Andy should have some of the credit for organising myself and Rob to do it, and entering us. I will claim credit for the 2 props and a 'hooker' idea though (rugby, not football) :D

Steve

Forte
15th-October-2003, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheTramp
[B]Wonder where he got that idea from then :wink: Actually, the most I've had is 7.

:what:

Gadget
15th-October-2003, 01:34 PM
I think that Double Trouble is a new avenue to explore when I get bored of trying to puzzle out what to do with just the one woman.
I think that to be any good, you need to practice different moves and combinations/timing with your partners off the floor. I would rather spend this time dancing with one person.
I think that the man needs to be fairly static/rooted for it to work and this dosn't suit my style at all. {style being a relative term}
I enjoy watching dance moves I have not seen before and I enjoy displays of skill - I think that I have seen most "normal" double trouble moves and I watch now for the skill displayed. (although it could as easily be turned to a one-on-one couple)

So Yes; fun. No; shouldn't be banned.

I don't know how two men could lead the one lady, but what I would like to see is a couple of couples dancing with each other: swapping partners and elements of double trouble involved. Need to work some sort of system out, like free-spins meant you shifted partners to the lady's right (since they catch with that hand).

Chicklet
15th-October-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
I don't know how two men could lead the one lady, but what I would like to see is a couple of couples dancing with each other: swapping partners and elements of double trouble involved. Need to work some sort of system out, like free-spins meant you shifted partners to the lady's right (since they catch with that hand).
Interesting - have you seen the film "Dance With Me"?

I think it's Mamboyballroomishlatin they are doing and there are a couple of great sequences of this kind of thing.:D

Dreadful Scathe
15th-October-2003, 02:32 PM
Interesting - have you seen the film "Dance With Me"?

I think it's Mamboyballroomishlatin they are doing and there are a couple of great sequences of this kind of thing.:D

He just described rueda - a kind of cuban salsa type style where you are often in a circle and a caller calls out moves and how many partners to change. Its great fun, have done it a few times. Search the forum, im sure its been mentioned before.

Yeah the Rueda scenes in "Dance with Me" were good :)

Mikey
15th-October-2003, 03:34 PM
I taught the strictly sinfull at Camber last May, my idea of what dirty dancing should have been.. had a good responce i must say.. anyway.. i have come up with an alternative to double trouble and will be inroducing it early next year...

instead of two women and one guy.. two guys and one woman !!!

all done with the same edge of strictly sinfull and taught in my own cheky mannor.. i bet The Tramp will enjoy it eh steve..lol

I shall have to call it "Menage' a trois"

What do you think ?

Bill
15th-October-2003, 03:45 PM
As a double trouble member I have to say I do enjoy it and it can be great fun and can be a real test of leading and following.

There are some great trios and I've seen a few folk dance with more than 2 followers ( Chalky in Edinburgh was the first I saw several years ago) although IMHO it stops really being a dance and becomes entertainment with more than 3 involved as one of the followers has to remain static so only 2 are really being led.

It doesn't work for everyone and to make it feel or look good the two followers should have a similar style. Just look at our own Scot, Elaine and Shonagh ( who should have won in London 2 years ago :devil: ). They always look completely natural, composed and dance to the music.

Given lack of space at many venues it's not the kind of thing you can always do even if you wanted but if anyone hasn't tried it yet I'd stongly urge them to go along to one of Scot's workshops.

Chris
15th-October-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Mikey
I taught the strictly sinfull at Camber last May . . . I shall have to call it "Menage' a trois"
Oh, so you're that Mikey
:rofl:
Mikey's classes, I don't think he would mind me saying, are pure filth in its purest form LOL and seem to be exceedingly popular :devil: not the soert of thing to do with your granny without getting arrested.
:rofl:
Getting back to dance :devil: :wink: :waycool: by two men and one lady what I meant was the lady leading (think Lydia's done this years ago).

btw do you have a R18 certificate on your videos Mikey?
:wink:

Sheepman
15th-October-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
I think that Double Trouble is a new avenue to explore when I get bored of trying to puzzle out what to do with just the one woman. Bored? - I've never got there yet! :wink:

I'll do it if enough pressure is put on me, though I've never tried more than 3 women. Once did a great DT class where there was a shortage of women. So we did it 2 guys and one woman, quite a challenge as we constantly swapped around who was doing the leading. Something that definitely needs practice to do well. Didn't vote as I couldn't find an appropriate category to vote for.

Greg

Mikey
15th-October-2003, 03:55 PM
Thanks Chris.. i agree, never do strictly sinfull with ya granny.. ther is body riplles and then ther is grannies body ripples !!!:tears:

an ri8 is a must for my classes oh yes..lol.. but my intention is not to have the girl lead, but both guys alternatly.. tough to teach, but i have it sussed.. the whole idea is for the woman to be the intre centre of attention:wink:

Chris
15th-October-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Bill
As a double trouble member I have to say I do enjoy it and it can be great fun and can be a real test of leading and following.
The swan-like one Fran Denice (sp?) and yourself did was something a bit different, I thought, which is what I liked about it. Scot, Elaine and Shonagh on the other hand are all brilliant dancers but I don't remember their routine (if I saw it).

IMHO it stops really being a dance and becomes entertainment with more than 3 involved as one of the followers has to remain static so only 2 are really being led.

I suppose I like the entertainment value, and it is very much more dance orientated than say many 'comedy' or group routines. I think John's been double-troubling for as long as I've been dancing, but last time I saw him with three ladies (Blitz) no-one seemed static to me - but he had some lovely partners!

Mikey
15th-October-2003, 04:01 PM
To be honest Chris, for those that have been dancing some time, a good clas taught is not enough anymore.. I believe long term dancers need to be entertained while been taught a good class, at least that is my own aim personally.. I do not think been a good teacher is enough anymore, you need to be a good entertainer with it !!!:D

Bill
15th-October-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Chris
Getting back to dance :devil: :wink: :waycool: by two men and one lady what I meant was the lady leading (think Lydia's done this years ago).

:wink:

Lydia, Viktor and Mick danced together in London about 1998 - my first visit and it was the highlight of the event. I'd never seen Viktor before and never really seen double trouble so all of us were absolutley amazed.

Being three great dancers obviously helped but they constantly swapped the lead and if was smooth and effortless and still the best DT I've seen.

I was hoping to see Mr & Mrs DS and the young Brady together but don't know if they are still competing on Saturday. That would be worth watching :D

Chris
15th-October-2003, 04:15 PM
Lydia, Viktor and Mick danced together in London about 1998 . . . they constantly swapped the lead and if was smooth and effortless and still the best DT I've seen.
I think I remember that one - very smooth indeed and a perceptible magic between them, which in their case made it special I thought

Jon L
15th-October-2003, 09:05 PM
I can do basic Double trouble moves, but I am not an expert.

As with normal modern jive - you have to start at beginner level, ie do push spins, lady spins, catapults etc.

Once you have mastered this (I am still learning), then you can progress to more complicated matters and choriographed moves.

John Sweeney is a very good D-T teacher for people who want to learn it for the first time.

:)

Brady
16th-October-2003, 12:30 AM
I was hoping to see Mr & Mrs DS and the young Brady together but don't know if they are still competing on Saturday. That would be worth watching :D

Just to set you at ease and prevent you from losing any sleep on Friday night :sick:, I'll let you know that we will not be competing DT this weekend. Unfortunately we have all been too busy to work on this, so maybe next time! Will be looking forward to watching the DT this weekend though. Good luck! :nice:

Brady

Stuart M
16th-October-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Jon L
As with normal modern jive - you have to start at beginner level, ie do push spins, lady spins, catapults etc.

It wasn't just in technique that I found myself back at the beginning again - after doing a DT workshop, I found it really nerve-racking asking 2 women for a dance - even if they were good friends! Just seemed a very "show-off" thing to do...

What with that and not having the space, I never really got the crucial early practice in that you need after a workshop, and so most of it's been forgotten :sad:

Bill
16th-October-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Stuart M
What with that and not having the space, I never really got the crucial early practice in that you need after a workshop, and so most of it's been forgotten :sad:

And it's remarkable how quickly moves can be forgotten. :tears: :sick: Denise, Fran and myself have met twice now to go through moves for Saturday and at the start of the first session all I could remember was standing in a circle :what:

We have one more quick practice before the comp which is about the same amount of time we had for each of the comps we've entered.

As Brady says - especially if you don't live in the same town - getting time to practice is very difficult but at least with DT it's really about having a laugh - well it usually is if you try and lead Fran and Denise................... :na: :D

Forte
16th-October-2003, 09:58 AM
And it's remarkable how quickly moves can be forgotten. :tears: :sick: Denise, Fran and myself have met twice now to go through moves for Saturday and at the start of the first session all I could remember was standing in a circle :what:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I hope you remember it on Saturday . I am looking forward to it. Good luck.:cheers:

Bill
16th-October-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Forte
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I hope you remember it on Saturday . I am looking forward to it. Good luck.:cheers:

If I don't then expect us to stand in a circle for 3 mins..........trying to look cool and composed - means I wouldn't have to break sweat :na: :D

Jon L
22nd-October-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
It wasn't just in technique that I found myself back at the beginning again - after doing a DT workshop, I found it really nerve-racking asking 2 women for a dance - even if they were good friends! Just seemed a very "show-off" thing to do...

:) The advice I can give you re space is, ask two chums you know if they wouldn't mind praticing with you before say the beginners class, or if you are lucky enough to have an adjacent room why not go and learn in there.

The loss of moves, get hold of John Sweeneys D-T video 1 the basics

Fran
22nd-October-2003, 07:35 PM
I have to admit that for the first couple of years of dancing Double trouble was not a dance which I used to take much notice off. However, when I helped out a bit with Bill, Laura and Lisa for their 1st competition in blackpool( which they came 2nd) I began to think otherwise. I realise that Denise and I are exremly lucky to have Bill as our lead but what makes it so much fun for us all is that we improvise as we dance and have a similar feel as if it is 2 people. We have a lot of fun and thats what counts, and we get loads wrong- Including my 2 very obvious mistake last saturday in the Scottish comp:sorry :sorry

It is difficult dancing on a normal night due to the space factor . It would be great if more people took it up then it may be taken more seriously. If there are not enough mwn then women can do it. Scott & Obi has deliverd excellent worshops over the past few years and they would be well worth people down south comming up for if they were interseted.

Fran

Roger C
24th-October-2003, 10:35 AM
Hi Folks,

Just a quick note to say that Dance Riviera are having a Double Trouble for beginners class on Monday 3 Nov - details www.danceriviera.com

Roger

Daisy
28th-October-2003, 04:37 PM
[B]He just described rueda - a kind of cuban salsa type style where you are often in a circle and a caller calls out moves and how many partners to change. Its great fun, have done it a few times. Search the forum, im sure its been mentioned before.

There was a fantastic team routine of this kind, put together by Martin in Australia this year. It was shown at the Ceroc Australia comp and it looked brill! Martin....do you fancy teaching it to some of us during your next visit to the UK? We'd love to have a go.

Jon L
17th-November-2003, 09:57 PM
I am going to say something really nice about two people.

The double trouble workshop at Camber at the weekend was an advanced one. The triples were fixed because of choreography.

Now I managed to grab two ladies who were waiting to do the class. Now to explain these ladies were not stick thin and I did wonder when we began the class how we would get on considering some of the moves John taught were quite interesting.

To cut a long story short, these two ladies followed brilliantly and were an absolute pleasure to dance the class with. They also had done D-T before at their venue and knew how to brilliantly adapt the moves to suit us as a triple. I have for my sins forgotten their names but they were from Bedford - so if you read this or anyone from the Bedford area reads this and knows who they are, please would you pass on my thanks to them - they were fab :nice: It was one of the best classes of the weekend for me

Chris
18th-November-2003, 12:07 AM
What a lovely message Jon! I hope they see it.

But isn't it one of the really nice things about these big events? It seems I meet wonderful people each year, sometimes never see them again except at another big event, bumping into them, sometimes there's a flash of recognition and grabbing each other for a wonderful dance, and I can't even remember their names . . .

So to all the beautiful people I've met at Cambers/Bognor/BB and hold close to my heart even though I don't know when I'll see them again . . . thank you for making it special
:cheers:

bigdjiver
18th-November-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Jon L
I am going to say something really nice about two people.

The double trouble workshop at Camber at the weekend was an advanced one. The triples were fixed because of choreography.

Now I managed to grab two ladies who were waiting to do the class. Now to explain these ladies were not stick thin and I did wonder when we began the class how we would get on considering some of the moves John taught were quite interesting.

To cut a long story short, these two ladies followed brilliantly and were an absolute pleasure to dance the class with. They also had done D-T before at their venue and knew how to brilliantly adapt the moves to suit us as a triple. I have for my sins forgotten their names but they were from Bedford - so if you read this or anyone from the Bedford area reads this and knows who they are, please would you pass on my thanks to them - they were fab :nice: It was one of the best classes of the weekend for me

As soon as I read "not stick thin" I had a good idea who they were, and your message will be passed on. FYI one was ballet trained, and is one of my choices for tracks that need sensitive interpretation. Dancing is more about spirit than about body shape.

Jivin Jan
21st-November-2003, 01:07 AM
Thanks for telling me about the message from Jon, bigdjiver.

Jon, I'm one of your partners from Camber. We had a great time at the class too. Your lead was very clear and you gave us a chance to work round some of the more interesting moves. We both really enjoyed dancing with you - you were a sport to take us on!! :cheers:

As for being "not stick thin", I think being light on your feet is more important that being light weight! :grin:

bigdjiver
21st-November-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Jivin Jan
Thanks for telling me about the message from Jon, bigdjiver.

Jon, I'm one of your partners from Camber. We had a great time at the class too. Your lead was very clear and you gave us a chance to work round some of the more interesting moves. We both really enjoyed dancing with you - you were a sport to take us on!! :cheers:

As for being "not stick thin", I think being light on your feet is more important that being light weight! :grin:

I should add that Jan is a regular partner of choice of mine, and was taxi'ing Mon night after Camber, a Bedford stawlart. It made Jane's night too. It was her turn to taxi tonight.

Jon L
21st-November-2003, 06:09 PM
Jan and Jane, it was a pleasure to meet both of you, because Bedford is quite a long way from me (80 miles or so), you probably won't see me until the next big event (Bognor)

I was really impressed with how you adapted the last two moves of that set from John, it worked really well.

If you see me out there, please come and grab me for a dance, I am sorry I missed you for the rest of the weekend.

I shall try and remember those moves for next time!

Jon:) :) :)

P.S. Thanks Bigdjiver

Petal
6th-October-2005, 01:22 PM

Similar type of thing in Salsa (Rueda ?spelling) but its multiple couples, anything from two or more, great fun and can get very complicated.

Piglet
9th-October-2005, 01:13 PM
Oops ! Mental note to self - don't participate in any other votes on a Sunday unless I'm fully awake!

Have just clicked on the "I'm a one woman man" rather than the "I'm a woman and I'm not sharing" :rolleyes: Silly girl!

I love watching Double Trouble and I enjoy dabbling with it, but I really don't feel I'm stylish enough for it yet. And I prefer to have the lead to myself - especially in one case where I've danced Double Trouble with an excellent lead, but I just didn't find that dance as thrilling as a one-on-one with him :D

Trish
24th-October-2005, 02:58 PM
I like following doubles, but I prefer leading it (no category for that, but I can't say I'm surprised - I don't know many women that want to lead doubles). Going on Emma Pettitt's workshop next weekend in Daventry which should be good. I'm following, but I'm hoping that as there's a gang of us going I should be able to try some moves out as well. And from what I gather there's a lot of lead swapping in this workshop anyway so it should be fun!

I've also promised Drathzel that if we're in the same place at the same time and can find a willing victim we'll try some doubles with lead swapping - should be fun!

MartinHarper
24th-October-2005, 03:08 PM
I love watching Double Trouble and I enjoy dabbling with it, but I really don't feel I'm stylish enough for it yet.

If anything, I'd consider double trouble less style-dependant than single trouble.

David Bailey
24th-October-2005, 03:17 PM
If anything, I'd consider double trouble less style-dependant than single trouble.
:confused: Errr... whysat then?

MartinHarper
24th-October-2005, 04:06 PM
:confused: Errr... whysat then?

The appeal seems to be predominantly be due to challenge, novelty, and intricate weavy moves, rather than style. In particular, the guy typically just stands still and conducts, and this suffices. It's more style-dependant for the women, though stylish women can still make more impact in single trouble than double.
(IMO, etc - matter of taste)

David Bailey
24th-October-2005, 04:28 PM
The appeal seems to be predominantly be due to challenge, novelty, and intricate weavy moves, rather than style. In particular, the guy typically just stands still and conducts, and this suffices. It's more style-dependant for the women, though stylish women can still make more impact in single trouble than double.
(IMO, etc - matter of taste)
Hmmm, I think I agree that's what most trios do, but I also think that just means that double trouble isn't as advanced as other areas.

Realistically, there's no reason why DT shouldn't be stylish, or interpret the music. In fact, there's IMO more scope for style, as you can do two different styles with two different ladies - eg. lots of spins with one, and more bluesy with the other. You can break with one, whilst the other keeps dancing, to give contrast. And so on.

Admittedly, the guy doesn't get much chance to move around and show off His Wonderful Style, but with most guys that's probably a bonus.

I'm not a big fan of the "tricks" some trios seem to use (swapping leads, all this intricate weave-y stuff etc.). But then, but I'm not a big fan of tricks in normal couple-based dancing.

Maybe I'm just a grump at heart. ("maybe", he says :rofl: )

bigdjiver
10th-June-2006, 12:33 PM
The double trouble routines that I have most loved have been the two "Thats impossible" ones I have seen. I also treasure the memory of some superb stylish displays. Mostly this has come from the followers who have time to play, but, because the leader has to do more thinking they do less moving, and the "less is more" syndrome kicks in, and they can look very stylish.

jammy
11th-June-2006, 12:11 PM
i love double trouble i cant lead alot of moves but i love to follow it too!

i follow either if its a guy or a lady leading either way its fun as i love to follow any way i can

Degodier
4th-April-2007, 04:52 PM
I love double trouble, it's always great fun. It works best for me if the other lady and I are matched in height, shape and style, which is a bit of a tall order, but it can be fun with anyone. :nice: :nice:

A workshop is a must and weekenders normally have one somewhere. Best to do it with fixed partners that you know so you actually get to practice it afterwards. I think the men find it rather intimidating to be grabbed by two ladies and asked, so it's best to check out your 'victim' is up for it! Gentleman normally enjoy the double lay-back. I can't imagine why. :wink:

Martin
10th-April-2007, 11:31 AM
So is it a gimick?
Anyone know the history?

Well I started doing triples coz I was a bit bored with the music being played and there were 2 girls standing near me....
I did not have much of an idea of what to do at first as I had never seen Ceroc triples before when I first started dancing with 2 girls.
Since then I found out it was sometimes done in rock and roll.

I have been doing triples since 1994, it does not replace a cool dance with a cool partner to a cool track :yum:

It does however provide for me a bit of fun and something different to break up the evening. As long as you are cheeky, have fun and the girls have fun, which normally happens. :clap:

More recently I have taught triples classes since 1999 in Australia (because there was a demand) I have also danced with LilyB and Janet in the 2004 Ceroc champs in London, which was lots of fun (which is where my Advatar comes from - the double supergirl). This also proves the height of the 2 girls need not be the same, as Janet was tall and LilyB... less tall.
I would say it is seen as a "fun" catogory, or maybe a gimick/gimmick. It still requires a lot of skill on the part of the guy and the girls to be done well.

Most nights I do not dance triples at all, some nights, if the music gets a bit samey... I give triples a go for a track or 2 if I can spot 2 girls who I think would be able to do it well.

Martin

Trouble
10th-April-2007, 03:14 PM
Most nights I do not dance triples at all, some nights, if the music gets a bit samey... I give triples a go for a track or 2 if I can spot 2 girls who I think would be able to do it well.

Martin

Tell me Martin, what do you look for to spot 2 girls who you think can do it well.?

Martin
11th-April-2007, 06:15 AM
Tell me Martin, what do you look for to spot 2 girls who you think can do it well.?

The short version...

What I personally look for is girls who can spin on the spot, do not step back too far and take their own weight when stepping back. :nice:

The explaination...

Reasons being, if both girls travel when they spin/double spin/triple spin, I could find that my arms do not stretch that far, as I cannot follow them both if they are going in different directions.
Again if they take big steps back in opposite directions it makes it difficult.
If one girl does not take her own weight when stepping back, I am having to compensate on one side (tug hard with one arm and not with the other) - this one is probably just me, I like a smooth and gentle dance not a tug of war.

Bonus points... optional...

It also helps if the girl is "controllable" i.e. can adapt their style to match someone else and not "always" going over the top with individual style regardless of situation, to the point that (although fun in a one to one dance) the girls would not match and I world be working harder on one side of the triple to bring it back on track.

Achaeco
11th-April-2007, 01:18 PM
Marks out of ten - id give her one

Martin
11th-April-2007, 01:27 PM

pah.. I would give her several :drool: :yum: :flower:

Gav
11th-April-2007, 01:31 PM

:wink: :na: :cool:

Achaeco
11th-April-2007, 01:39 PM
show off:tears:

Double Trouble
11th-April-2007, 03:19 PM

:what:

:what: :what:

:wink: :na: :cool:

No one likes a smug git. :rolleyes:

Beowulf
16th-April-2007, 11:50 AM
I voted "I'm a one woman man" but I did have a rather unique attempt at double trouble in Aberdeen a month or so back. Caro was Leading myself and mcJester (where ARE those pictures btw?) I have to say I was absolutely pants. (a) never having done D.T. before and (b) never really dabbled in being a follower before.

I don't know if I'd try it as a leader myself, it looks cool but it's something I'd like to watch someone cool perform. I've seem Trampy doing it.. he falls into the cool category in my book. (and before his head explodes I have to add that anyone who can do more than 5 moves is cool in my book :wink: :na: )

I'll leave DT to the experts.

LemonCake
24th-April-2007, 04:58 PM
I voted "I'm a one woman man" but I did have a rather unique attempt at double trouble in Aberdeen a month or so back. Caro was Leading myself and mcJester (where ARE those pictures btw?) I have to say I was absolutely pants. (a) never having done D.T. before and (b) never really dabbled in being a follower before.

Ooops, sorry,:blush: here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1370) it is (the other one's rather out of focus as you all kept moving!)

Lee Bartholomew
24th-April-2007, 05:02 PM
Doing double trouble at Hammersmith a few weeks back. Not really done it much before.

YouTube - Me coni and Michelle doing Double Trouble (http://youtube.com/watch?v=I4ybSNwUgK0)

Very dark done on camera phone. Will shoot camera man. think he must have been filming and dancing at the same time. lol

dave the scaffolder
24th-April-2007, 05:23 PM
Doing double trouble at Hammersmith a few weeks back. Not really done it much before.

YouTube - Me coni and Michelle doing Double Trouble (http://youtube.com/watch?v=I4ybSNwUgK0)

Very dark done on camera phone. Will shoot camera man. think he must have been filming and dancing at the same time. lol
Woodface BABY CAKES nice to have you back, just watched your video on utube.

Must say it is about as clear as the ariels debate.

XXX XXX

Ps Woodface is a knob (thought you might be missing the abuse) XXX:cheers::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Beowulf
25th-April-2007, 03:55 PM
Ooops, sorry,:blush: here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1370) it is (the other one's rather out of focus as you all kept moving!)

hehe thanks.. (although you can't see my "very cool" :rolleyes: T-shirt and it does look like I'm biting Caro's Nose :) )

actually.. if I could just have hidden a little more :blush:

Caro
3rd-May-2007, 01:12 PM
hehe thanks.. (although you can't see my "very cool" :rolleyes: T-shirt and it does look like I'm biting Caro's Nose :) )

lol :rofl: I hadn't seen that pic!

Don't worry Beo, I have you well under control here ;)

Spiky Steve
11th-May-2007, 04:59 PM
Hey Although we came third and I thoroughly enjoy it :na:

I prefer mass tag !!!!

Steve
:waycool:

Martin
12th-May-2007, 05:54 PM
Thought that I should put a post on here being current Double Trouble champ n' all :na:

I have always found DT abit of a gimick.

Personally im no good at DT normally and we only won because we done the aerials stuff and that the girls I had were willing to do the aerials (little stunt women).

DT is just bit of a laugh and the keyu to it is just to have a laugh with it.

:D

i don't get the self depresiation factor.

If you win a catogory, you won over the others who entered.

Many others tried, you won.

You look to what the judges want, you provide, then you take the prize.

:cheers:

Simple

BlueEyes
13th-May-2007, 11:48 AM
we only won because we done the aerials stuff and that the girls I had were willing to do the aerials (little stunt women).

DT is just bit of a laugh and the keyu to it is just to have a laugh with it.

:D

I was one of Woodfaces stunt women at the champs. Have to say that next time I'll be wearing a crash helmet or employing a body double made from latex. :whistle:

We had great fun :nice:

Spiky Steve
14th-May-2007, 11:57 AM
Double trouble photos from the 2007 champs are available :worthy:

Great job by Alec :nice:

Aerials and Double Trouble (http://www.cerocphotos.com/main.php/v/champs2007/aerialsdt/)

Steve