PDA

View Full Version : URGENT -Storm 2008 - M20 Closed

SilverFox
7th-March-2008, 10:53 AM
Copied here in case anyone's missed it - DJ

If you're planning on heading to Camber via the M20, don't.

Operation Stack is in place between Junctions 8 & 9 closing the South-Eastbound carriageway completely. This will remain closed until midnight at the earliest.

From the M25, I suggest you take the A21 to Flimwell then the A268 into Rye.

mick s
7th-March-2008, 12:52 PM
Unfortunately can not make it this weekend but used to live in the area. You can come off also at JN7 M20 and head for Lenham passing Leeds Castle into Ashford and pick up the road to Camber that way.

SilverFox
7th-March-2008, 01:52 PM
Unfortunately can not make it this weekend but used to live in the area. You can come off also at JN7 M20 and head for Lenham passing Leeds Castle into Ashford and pick up the road to Camber that way.
Not a good idea.

There is an official diversion using the route you state (A20) with 3 hour delays.

Cruella
7th-March-2008, 03:29 PM
Or you could travel down after Hipsters and then it'll be clear. :D

stewart38
7th-March-2008, 04:16 PM
Not a good idea.

There is an official diversion using the route you state (A20) with 3 hour delays.

:yeah:

There is no point coming of the M20 as thats what the rest will do, just avoid it. A21 and A268 are fairly good roads

Maybe a bit more traffic on M25 but hey its friday

Minnie M
7th-March-2008, 04:21 PM
Or you could travel down after Hipsters and then it'll be clear. :D

I was thinking of doing that

stewart38
7th-March-2008, 04:47 PM
I was thinking of doing that

What happen last time re some road works down in Camber me seems to think you followed the diversion signs although they were not due to start till then next day :wink:

Minnie M
7th-March-2008, 05:37 PM
What happen last time re some road works down in Camber me seems to think you followed the diversion signs although they were not due to start till then next day :wink:
:blush:
gosh I hate people with great memories :wink: :whistle: