PDA

View Full Version : The Bag Thing

Sheepman
14th-October-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Chris
I loved Andy's post about a dance bag checklist - makes me feel I'm not the only obsessive one! Anybody else got lists of useful things to add?
All this talk of what's useful to have in your dance bag, I decided it was finally time to reveal the truth. There are some things I DON'T have in my bag, no shrunken heads for a start, Pammy's nicked them all. But after the dirty washing was removed last night, here is the remainder of what was in it, this is a factual list with no additions or exaggerations:-

First the pockets:-
Scrap of notepaper with a lady's email address on it. Her partner knew about this!)
Numerous wetwipes
lingette deodorante
Passport photo about 8 years old (why?)
antihistamines
various prescription drugs
coarse abrasives (for shoes)
tissues/loo roll (what did you expect Pammy?)
vitamin c tablets
tissues in sheep packaging
Sewing stuff including assorted glittery materials
scissors
black shoe polish
cotton wool
germolene
pencil
toothbrush
suede brush
£5 note
£14.56 in loose change (must go and sterilise it!)
Ibuprofen tablets
Foot powder
"Feet treats" revitalising soak
compeed skin protectors
3 packs sugarfree gum
Beechams flu plus tablets
Ralgex stick
Danse-a-2.com bookmark
Britroc 2003 rules/entry form
flannel
sunglasses
Camber w/e pass (waiting to be passed to its owner)
Plasters
Throat lozenges
Tablets:-
Hedex
Panadol
Day Nurse
arnica

Lipsalve, 1 strawberry, 1 plain
spare camera battery
comb
small bar of soap
pen
"body bath" spray
"stress less" spray
sewing kit (in addition to sewing stuff already mentioned)
2 FF 35 centimes, 25 Spanish pesetas (waiting for charity collection)
Tums tablets
earplugs
wallet with 6 dance membership cards (2 out of date) and 1 Ceroc Uxbridge loyalty card
£7 more in loose change

That's the pockets done, now for the main bag...
Britroc 2003 schedule and receipt
One folder containg notepaper, notes, lists of competition moves, tracks I want, Hipster bar instructions, couple of dance leaflets
6 handkerchiefs
1 carrier bag
1 bag containing 2 t-shirts
1 t-shirt
1 pair red braces
1 pair knickers - men's (mine that is!)
4 pairs dance shoes
1 neoprene elbow strap
1 neprene "tennis elbow" strap
1 neoprene knee strap
1 pair socks
1 belt
1 tin (yes really it is that old!) "Censored" talcum powder (For the floor - NOT ME! - in case you haven't noticed, I'm rarely censored)

Now I was very surprised at how light the bag was, then I remembered, I'd previously removed:-
massager
towel
2 more pairs dance shoes
bottles
wristwatch

and usually there will be a spare pair of trousers in there.

Phew - that was like unburdening my soul, a cathartic experience. If you don't believe it, just catch me and the bag and ask, but not everything is going back in, especially all that cash! Now - there must be someone out there who can top that list?

Greg

TheTramp
14th-October-2003, 12:50 PM
Is this a dance bag, or a suitcase? Maybe a full size rucksack?

Steve

Chris
14th-October-2003, 01:20 PM
Sheepman's rucksack {g} gave me a few reminders

spare camera battery - and check it works - I got caught out without one the other night at a fantastic cabaret show. Had bought a replacement that had a faulty casing and was stuffed.
sewing kit - I always mean to get one - not that I'd be very good at using one but it might at least have safety pins in it.
compeed skin protectors / plasters - are these different? I use the compeed plasters - brilliant - skin coloured and barely noticeable but stay on well and come in a slimline crushproof box

Sheepman
14th-October-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Chris
compeed skin protectors / plasters - are these different? I think these are one and the same, they are good, but like most of my medications, so rarely used, they're probably past their "use by" date.

The bag is just a holdall, but Mrs Sheepman is partly to blame, buying me a new spacious one, to replace the ancient tatty, and small item which had to be binned.

Greg

Heather
14th-October-2003, 02:11 PM
:D :D Just read the contents of your dance bag, Sheepman, sounds like a mobile chemist shop to me!!!
I would doubt if my GP has more medical stuff in her doctor's bag than you!!!:rofl: :rofl:
I'll ask her on Saturday a the Scottish Ceroc Champs!! (She is a dancer too!!)
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

Dance Demon
14th-October-2003, 02:16 PM
Jeeeezzzz..........Sheepy, I don't think Mary Poppins had as much as that in her magic carpetbag....:rofl: :rofl:

Pammy
15th-October-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Sheepman
[B]1 pair knickers - men's (mine that is!)

Do men where knickers in your street?:what: :really:

4 pairs dance shoes

Anyway, what happened to the odd shoe? Surely that should say 5 shoes, not 4 pairs!:wink:

Px

Bill
15th-October-2003, 10:24 AM
Contents of shoe bag for Aberdeen dance bag last night :

1 pair shoes
1 spare t shirt
1 small towel

on a party night at marcos I add:

1 pair socks
1 shirt ( 2 if I'm feeling adventurous)
1 pair knickers ( yes men do wear knickers Pammy)
1 large towel
soap

maybe I should add lots of medical supplies to keep up with everyone :confused: :rolleyes:

TheTramp
15th-October-2003, 10:36 AM
Oh. Okie. Here's my bag too :D

Pair dance trainers (purple)
Pack of Starburst sweets
Bottle water
LeBop (Melbourne Australia) business card
Pen (Red)
Toothbrush
Mints (smints)
Shoe laces
Muscle Rub cream
Plasters
Mars bar
Caramel biscuit
More mints (smints)
Computer lead?!?
Listerine mint strips
Camera
Batteries
Lynx deoderant
Box with earrings (4) in
2 T-shirts
Asthma pump (Salbutomol)
Asthma pump (Beclomethosone)
Couple of pieces of paper (with no email addresses on)
CD (Assorted dance tracks)
Spare glasses

There you go. Exciting. Not :D

Steve

Pammy
15th-October-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Bill
1 pair knickers ( yes men do wear knickers Pammy)

maybe I should add lots of medical supplies to keep up with everyone :confused: :rolleyes:

Maybe I should add some pants to my bag; I've obviously been shopping in the wrong department for years :sorry :tears:

Out with the knickers in with the Y's :wink:

Px

Pammy
15th-October-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
There you go. Exciting. Not :D

No knickers for you then?

Px :wink:

TheTramp
15th-October-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
No knickers for you then?

Px :wink: Nope. No knickers. I'll leave that to Bill and Sheepman.

Steve

Pammy
15th-October-2003, 11:16 AM
Nope. No knickers. I'll leave that to Bill and Sheepman.

I think I know who's knickers Sheepy's got, but Bills?!? :really: :what: :wink:

Sheepman
15th-October-2003, 12:10 PM
Box with earrings (4) in I'm quite excited about these, are they yours?

I thought the word "pants" had been taken over to mean, well . . . pants. In our household they're all knickers. But Pammy, you will be so disappointed to miss the pair that (I'm still searching for) I'll be wearing on the Fairy Tale night at RBs. :wink:

Oh and Pammy, how is your maths? I've tried applying a Fourier transform and the Oyler principle, but I can't work out how 4 pairs becomes 5 shoes, even if one is odd. I did carry the odd shoe around for about 3 weeks, hoping in vain, but now it is just lingering, maybe pending a burial ceremony :tears:

Greg

TheTramp
15th-October-2003, 12:27 PM
I'm quite excited about these, are they yours?Ummmm. Yeah :D

Steve

Pammy
15th-October-2003, 12:39 PM
[B]In our household they're all knickers.

No comment. Or rather, no further comment required.:wink:

But Pammy, you will be so disappointed to miss the pair that (I'm still searching for) I'll be wearing on the Fairy Tale night at RBs. :wink:

I don't think the word you was searing for was "disappointed":confused: !

I can't work out how 4 pairs becomes 5 shoes, even if one is odd.

Drat, double drat :tears: ! Can I have another guess, make it 7 shoes! :wink:

Forte
15th-October-2003, 01:16 PM
Never mind what's in your bag...what's in your heart? Now that would be an interesting thread! :kiss: Which of us would be brave enough to reveal though...sigh. There would be :tears: and :sad: and:mad: and:blush: and maybe even:devil: with definitely lots of:hug: and hopefully some fun memories too:rofl: getting specific might be too revealing for some though...:wink:

Dreadful Scathe
15th-October-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Forte
Never mind what's in your bag...what's in your heart? Now that would be an interesting thread! :kiss:

so start it then, and stop bogging down perfectly ok threads with this sentimental leonardo-de-caprio in titanic nonsense ;)

Forte
15th-October-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
so start it then, and stop bogging down perfectly ok threads with this sentimental leonardo-de-caprio in titanic nonsense ;)

I hate that film!:mad:
And I am not going to now anyway...coz you shouted at me:tears: You big bully you!:tears:
Luckily I have some hankies in my bag...:wink:

Pammy
15th-October-2003, 03:27 PM

You touched on the phobia you big blue meanie!

Px:wink:

Sheepman
15th-October-2003, 03:40 PM
Never mind what's in your bag...what's in your heart?
Ancient ovine philosophy.
Wise sheep avoid travelling on dangerous paths.

Forte
15th-October-2003, 03:56 PM
You touched on the phobia you big blue meanie!

Px:wink:

You Go Girl!:hug: Shall we hit him with our bags? (Just to keep it on the thread and not get shouted at again...:cheers: :rofl:

Pammy
15th-October-2003, 04:00 PM
You Go Girl!:hug: Shall we hit him with our bags? (Just to keep it on the thread and not get shouted at again...:cheers: :rofl:

I'll hit him with his own bag; ought to hurt a darn site more than mine! :wink:

Mary
15th-October-2003, 10:44 PM
I'll hit him with his own bag; ought to hurt a darn site more than mine! :wink:

So, bags at dawn. Choose your weapon - the tote bag or the rucksack? Don't forget to nominate your seconds.:D Now would it then be 10 paces and turn or 8 beats and spin?

M

Boomer
16th-October-2003, 12:46 AM
i shouldn't worry about DS shouting at you, he's only a little smurfy. Smurfs shouting sound like bumble-bees on helium :nice: .....he is only small isn't he:sick: he's not like, 6' 9" built like an outhouse etc:sick: ...just in case - in my bag I've got,

towel
spare shirt
vocab cards
cd player
'music' (if DJ Robbie counts as music:what: )
dental kit
Book 1 - Grincing for Dummies
Book 2 - The Force of Labour
Book 3 - Russian dictionary
Russian news article - WAKE UP!
Lipsyl(tm)
Can of tinned tomatoes (didn't unpack properly:blush: )
1 orange, eating, for the use of.

There, on topic, so DS can't shout at me.

Dreadful Scathe
16th-October-2003, 09:20 AM
I wasn't shouting..THIS IS SHOUTING. :)

Anyway, Titanic - the human tragedy of thousands of lives lost wasnt enough for hollywood, they had to throw in a bad guy running about with a gun and a love story - altogether now - Jack, Rose, Jack, JACK, Rose! Rose! Boomer. Jack. Rose. Rose!. Jaaaaack? Jaaaack. OH Jack! Oh Rose. Oh Im dead. How sad!

:)

I do take a bag to dancing as well, and it had a smurf in it last week :).

Graham
16th-October-2003, 09:32 AM
I do take a bag to dancing as well, and it had a smurf in it last week :). SO tempting! :devil:

Pammy
16th-October-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
'music' (if DJ Robbie counts as music:what: )
dental kit
Book 1 - Grincing for Dummies
Can of tinned tomatoes (didn't unpack properly:blush: )

H'Hay Baby!:waycool:
What's in the dental kit? A spare tooth?:what:
Oh, and your book should've been Grincing XP:drool:
And as for tinned tomatoes, hun, how can you pack properly a can of tommies in your dance bag? :wink:

Oh, and you didn't say can opener? Do gorillas just bite the tops off? :innocent:

Boomer
16th-October-2003, 10:39 AM
I wasn't shouting..THIS IS SHOUTING. :)

Wheeeeeeeee Until I discover you're a 7' steroid smurf :na: :na: :na: :na:

P.S. Oh, and now i keep a 'half-brick-inna-sock' in my bag. On topic:grin:

Dreadful Scathe
16th-October-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
P.S. Oh, and now i keep a 'halk-brick-inna-sock' in my bag. On topic:grin:

Spooky . I keep a topic-in-a-sock in my bag - "what has a hazelnut in every smack round the head?"

Can you still buy topics ? :confused:

Why is your avatar holding Debster and looking glum ? :)

Bill
17th-October-2003, 03:01 PM
Spooky . I keep a topic-in-a-sock in my bag - "what has a hazelnut in every smack round the head?"

Don' think so...........................probably changed name, shape and direction.................just like a thread here. Start on one topic and move on to god knows what.

Probably means a topic is now a pint of milk or a cheese sandwich and will no doubt be re-invented as a topic again quite soon :na:

Sheepman
24th-March-2005, 01:51 PM
Times move on, and bag contents change :eek: I just happened upon this ancient thread, and it occurred to me, one of the main changes in contents is the sheep, there are probably 2 or 3 sheep now lurking in that dance bag, and that is after the occasional clearout of the flock, where new homes have had to be found. Little did I realise what would result from choosing a moniker here, I never look a gift sheep in the mouth! (I wonder if the Elephant man had this problem?)

So I was wondering, what are those momentos/mascots/personal items that people have to take with them, along with the useful stuff?

Greg

Andy McGregor
24th-March-2005, 02:36 PM
Times move on, and bag contents change :eek: I just happened upon this ancient thread, and it occurred to me, one of the main changes in contents is the sheep, there are probably 2 or 3 sheep now lurking in that dance bag, and that is after the occasional clearout of the flock, where new homes have had to be found. Little did I realise what would result from choosing a moniker here, I never look a gift sheep in the mouth! (I wonder if the Elephant man had this problem?)

So I was wondering, what are those momentos/mascots/personal items that people have to take with them, along with the useful stuff?

GregI keep taking two identical pairs of black and white shoes, one pair is about 5 years older than the other and much more comfy - but they keep needing field repairs with superglue to hold the soles on. And those soles are a bit shiny, even when I've wire brushed them. And the white isn't very - come to think of it, neither is the black :blush: So, the old pair are actually pretty useless and I haven't worn them for ages - but they are comfortable :waycool:

Cruella
24th-March-2005, 06:16 PM

Greg
:confused:
I was just wondering why you are called sheepman and why such a fascination for these woolly creatures? Please tell,Greg!!

Sheepman
25th-March-2005, 12:14 PM
Please tell,Greg!! Hmmm, this should go in the introductions thread really...
But it's all very tedious really, and simply relates to the "humourous" sheepy t-shirts (usually there's a spare one in the bag), bought for me by Mrs Sheepy while living in Ireland, and worn when dancing.

Since then, the sheep's time has come! The sheep are everywhere, stuffed, vibrating, birthday cards, keyrings, hats, you name it, there is even a "sheepworld" and several sheep shops! And to top it all, a few weeks ago I was given a (serious) book, I got to page 4 and found several references to the "Sheep Man." The friend who gave it to me had no idea.

Greg

Little Monkey
25th-March-2005, 01:26 PM
Since then, the sheep's time has come! The sheep are everywhere, stuffed, vibrating, birthday cards, keyrings, hats, you name it, there is even a "sheepworld" and several sheep shops! And to top it all, a few weeks ago I was given a (serious) book, I got to page 4 and found several references to the "Sheep Man." The friend who gave it to me had no idea.

Greg

Oooooh, I've been lucky so far! No monkies in my bag. Not even my "Caution - Dancing Monkey" t-shirt, as that has been kidnapped by my ex boyfriend..... :tears: However, he has told me he's bought me a monkey t-shirt from a shop in Carnaby Street, called something like "the Drunken Monkey" (???). Apparently it was the "I saw this and thought of you" scenario.... Huh.... Me no drunken monkey!! :mad:

So, total lack of monkies or other primates in my bag, and the rather boring contents is normally:

2-3 spare t-shirts (depending on the event)
asthma inhaler (salbutamol)
epi-pen (adrenaline - the only almost exciting item in my bag!!!) :eek:
chewing gum
deodorant (mini)
towel
2 pairs of dance shoes
electric fan (no longer working) :(
spare batteries
bits of paper with peoples phone numbers and e-mail
milky buttons
deo wipes
safety pins
used bus tickets
bottle of water

............ and that's it, really. No mascots, no pets, and no exciting items at all.... Sigh.... :rolleyes:

I hope one's bag contents isn't a reflection of one's life or personality!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: In that case I need to work on making it more exciting!!!!!!

LM

Cruella
25th-March-2005, 06:00 PM
Hmmm, this should go in the introductions thread really...
But it's all very tedious really, and simply relates to the "humourous" sheepy t-shirts (usually there's a spare one in the bag), bought for me by Mrs Sheepy while living in Ireland, and worn when dancing.

Greg

Well i hope my friends don't start giving me dalmation puppies!!!! :(

Clive Long
25th-March-2005, 09:29 PM
Well i hope my friends don't start giving me dalmation puppies!!!! :(

Why not! They are soooooooo cute (but I have never had to clear up after them ...)

Clive

David Bailey
26th-March-2005, 08:28 AM
So, total lack of monkies or other primates in my bag, and the rather boring contents is normally:
<snip essential but still rather massive list>

I have a total minimalist approach to these things: 1 plastic bag, usually Tesco's, containing:
- deodorant
- towel
- 1+ spare T-shirts
(admittedly, I seem to have a lot of junk in my pockets, which is where men seem to have the advantage over women - why do women's trousers lack pockets?)

Basically, I never leave anything I would miss, mainly because of paranoia about stuff being taken. Although I have to say, I've never lost anything in a MJ venue. "Lost" stuff at salsa a few times though, so I guess that's where I get the habit from.

Clive Long
26th-March-2005, 08:52 AM
What's in CRL's Ceroc bag?

Four spare T-Shirts
(sometimes) plastic carrier bag for "used" T-Shirts
Big towel
Disposable contact lenses and spectacle case
Dancing shoes
Mobile Phone
Wallet (where has my Ceroc card got to ?)
Address Book and pen (one always travels in hope)

philsmove
26th-March-2005, 10:29 AM
I managed to leave my bag behind one night
When I collected it, it had gained -

One packet of crisps (sage and onion)
One pair of knickers (not mine)
One Lacy top (not my style)
One Folding fan

Yliander
26th-March-2005, 10:32 AM
compared to the dance bags listed here - mine seems positively barren - but here goes

1 pair bloch sneakers
1 pair bloch character shoes
1 pair Latin ballroom sandals
1 pair Latin ballroom shoes
1 pair ballroom shoes closed toe
2 pair of socks

2 CD cases
music lists - so I know what is on my CD's
3 notebooks - 1 for ModernRock notes and 2 for personal dance notes
workshop notes
several hair elastic & clips

deodorant x2
water bottle
shoe deodoriser
golf balls - 6 at the moment
Salon Pas
Zheng gu shui
cotton wool
elasta plast
scissors
1 shoe brush
nurofen
magnesium tablets

Tiggerbabe
26th-March-2005, 10:59 AM
golf balls - 6 at the moment

OK, I'll bite! Golf Balls? :eek:
And I thought I had every likely need covered :wink: (and a mobile supply of miniature tiggers :D )

Stuart
26th-March-2005, 11:05 AM
I dread to think what is really lurking at the bottom of my bag, but so far I have found:

Dance Shoes;
One sweaty T Shirt (from last night);
One sweaty towel (ditto);
One bottle of water;
Deoderant;
One Comic Relief Red Nose;
One London Marathon 2003 Marshall's Bib;
One dried up packet of wetwipes; and
One ball point pen.

Lynn
26th-March-2005, 12:31 PM
Hmm... my dance bag varies a bit according to venue - in fact I have 3 I use - a small one (will hold 1-2 pair shoes, one zip pocket), a medium size one (2 pair shoes, more pockets) and a small rucksack... (lots of pockets!)

Normally only bring about 2 pair shoes (of my 5 pairs) eg dance trainers and heeled pair
spare top
pop socks
socks for trainers
suede brush
refreshing foot spray
cleansing wipes for hands
headache tablets
plasters
tissues
travel sewing kit
earplugs
pen
paper
small purse with change
mints
And most importantly (after the shoes) - bottle of water!

On a weekender it will also have
Mars bars/Geo bar/banana or other snack items
sometimes 2nd bottle of water
programme for the weekend

At a regular night here I also will have a CD carrying case with music CDs - cos I am the 'DJ' usually if we meet together to dance :rofl:

Yliander
26th-March-2005, 12:35 PM
OK, I'll bite! Golf Balls? :eek:
And I thought I had every likely need covered :wink: (and a mobile supply of miniature tiggers :D ) golf balls are for giving my feet a little tlc - they are great for stretching and relaxing feet pre & post dancing - place golf ball on floor rest 1 foot on golf ball and push down rolling the golf ball around the sole of your foot - repeat with other foot.

can also be used to help massage particulary nasty knots in muscles

Rhythm King
27th-March-2005, 06:54 PM
I went to Fulham last Thursday and somebody stole the deodorant from my bag! For goodness' sake, is nothing sacrosanct! :mad:

Little Monkey
27th-March-2005, 08:18 PM

Why is your avatar holding Debster and looking glum ? :)

At least you can get topics in miniature - in the "celebrations" boxes..... How do I know? Bought a box of "celebrations" for my mate the other day, after she phoned to tell me she's been dumped by her boyfriend! :rofl: Luckily, she took it the right way, and didn't get offended....

Then we had a fun night of hiding topics from her flatmate, who was silly enough to mention that the before mentioned choccies are her favourites. :rofl: I'm sure they're going to find topics in bizarre places around the flat for weeks to come! :whistle:

LM

Little Monkey
27th-March-2005, 08:31 PM
I managed to leave my bag behind one night
When I collected it, it had gained -

One packet of crisps (sage and onion)
One pair of knickers (not mine)
One Lacy top (not my style)
One Folding fan

Wow! Are people at your dance venue into the habit of leaving such surprises in each others bags??? :confused:

Could be the cause of serious arguments, even divorce!!! Imagine the scenario: Wife is emptying out sweaty t-shirts and towels of husbands dance bag to put them in the washing machine. "Honey, what are these knickers doing in your bag?? I thought you said you were going dancing last night??? Who is she??!!", "Honest, darling, love-of-my-life, sugarplum, I have NO idea how they got there!! Someone must have put them in by mistake!", "And you want me to believe that?? You SWINE!!!" (Hysterical sobs), "........But sweetie-pie..... Gorgeous..... Listen.....", (Slam of door, suitcase being packed)....... :eek: :rofl:

The most exciting thing I've gained (or my bag), was a set of giant mikado. Someone picked up my bag by mistake at the end of a dance night, and walked off with my shoes, wallet, house keys.... You name it! So when I got it back (finally!!!), the mysterious giant mikado set had appeared, as a very novel I'm-so-sorry gesture. :rofl:

Little Monkey

Whitebeard
27th-March-2005, 11:20 PM
Headache tablets

Earplugs
??????

OK, I've been known to complain - but I don't find the music that bad.

Lynn
28th-March-2005, 03:35 AM
??????

OK, I've been known to complain - but I don't find the music that bad.Never actually needed the earplugs at a MJ event (they are musicians earplugs) but I know people who have permanent hearing damage & tinnitus caused by overly loud music. (Imagine if you went into a quiet room, went right up to someone and shouted in their ear... if the music is so loud you have to do that to talk to someone, its too loud). I have left a salsa venue because the music was too loud and spent part of a Christmas dinner dance in a hotel lobby for the same reason (also because there was a lovely big armchair beside a roaring fire!)

Sheepman
28th-March-2005, 05:30 PM
Never actually needed the earplugs at a MJ event (they are musicians earplugs) I've often used earplugs at MJ events, if you're ears are ringing afterwards, again the music is too loud.
Can you explain what "musicians earplugs" are, and how they differ, and where can I get them?

Greg

Cruella
28th-March-2005, 05:58 PM
[On a weekender it will also have
Mars bars/Geo bar/banana or other snack items
sometimes 2nd bottle of water
programme for the weekend

But don't forget to eat the banana or take it out!
After seeing this thread decided to tip out my dance bag and check what was in it. To my horror i found a very squashed and brown banana splattered all over the bottom. :sick:

Whitebeard
28th-March-2005, 08:01 PM
..... I know people who have permanent hearing damage & tinnitus caused by overly loud music .....
Sensible to bear the possibility in mind. In my case it's too late (thankfully no tinnitus) and, like all my afflictions, "age-related".

A quick google reveals that musicians earplugs are designed to attenuate (reduce) sound levels evenly across the frequency range.